PDA

View Full Version : Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter Attack Mode

Chaddymac
05-29-2002, 12:35 PM
I was just curious about this mode, since we didn't see it in the movie. Mostly, I was curious about whether we might see it in the next film and I realized that those "Ships of Star Wars"-type books tend to have little details like that. I don't know if they have one of those books for Episode II vehicles yet, but if they did I as hoping someone could do a tad bit of research and see if it says anything about a "Fight Mode."

Personally, I really think it looks cool. I was just wondering if it looking cool was the only reason Hasbro did it, or if they had some inspiration from the source.

pthfnder89
05-29-2002, 12:43 PM
Well, there is the CutAway Vehicle book, but as far as I know it didn't mention an alternate flight mode.

It's possbile that it could pop up in Ep3 or something, but it's probably just something Hasbro dreamed up to make the toy a little more fun. :)

Chaddymac
05-29-2002, 12:49 PM
And it is more fun. I just checked the official site and it has guns listed, but no additional mode. Anybody have the Jedi Starfighter video game? I doubt it, but does it have a fight mode?

JEDIpartner
05-29-2002, 01:09 PM
I think they made it up. I don't care, though... because it ROCKS!!!!

meltdown
05-29-2002, 01:41 PM
I think hasbro added it for play value,

just like Dash Rendar's Outrider (which I think actually hurt the ships design)

Dar' Argol
05-29-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Chaddymac
And it is more fun. I just checked the official site and it has guns listed, but no additional mode. Anybody have the Jedi Starfighter video game? I doubt it, but does it have a fight mode?

There is no fight mode in the game. I just figured that Hasbro added this for play value for the kids. Otherwise its a big, triangluar piece of plastic that most kids really wouldn't get into. Expecially without a pilot Obi right now.

JediTricks
05-30-2002, 04:39 AM
There's no fight mode in the Ep 2 Incredible Cross-Sections or Visual Dictionary, and it seems as if the Cross Section listing flat-out denies the possibility of Hasbro's "fight mode". Still, no reason not to enjoy it if you like it or ignore it if you don't.

pthfnder89
05-30-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Chaddymac

No, and that's kind of funny, because you know what else it doesn't have? That Hyperdrive ring form the movie.

In the game Adi Gallia makes Hyperspace jumps all over the Galaxy without using that ring. I just thought it was funny after playing the game and then seeing Obi Wan in he movie.:)

Chaddymac
05-30-2002, 01:18 PM
Heh. That is interesting. Speaking of that hyperdrive ring, any chance of seeing that released as an attachment for the Starfighter? I thought that thing was pretty sweet.

Darth Sidious
05-30-2002, 03:25 PM
I like the battle mode, I dont know if we'll see it in the 3rd movie. It reminds me of the Sith Infiltrator...

ScarletX
05-30-2002, 04:10 PM
Yeah I second Chaddymac's sentiments... I would love to see the hyperdrive ring! Maybe as a deluxe version with the Star pilot Obi??? :)

chris
06-11-2002, 08:20 PM
Hasbro probably added the Attack mode just for looks and more play value.

Lord Tenebrous
06-11-2002, 08:43 PM
It's from a cut section of the original script:

EXT. OUTSIDE ARENA (GEONOSIS) - DAY
Clonetroopers advance, firing at the massed droids. The clones are expensive items and there are IM-6 battle droids ready to rescue any clone that is damaged. Each of the LAAT's carry a medical station in the front part of the ship to repair and battle damaged clones. Repulsor lift stretchers and decontamination tents are vital to the IM-6.

From the sky suddenly comes Trade Federation Starfighters! They fly overhead, exchanging fire with the LAAT's. However, due to the low altitude of the LAAT, they Droid Starfighter's can not take them on. Instead a legion of Jedi Starfighters emerge and open fire on the Droid Starfighters.

EXT. GEONOSIS EXECUTION ARENA (GEONOSIS) - DAY
Padme leads several troops of Clonetroopers against the droids as gunfire can be heard outside the arena and Jedi fighters do battle with their Trade Federation counterparts in the sky above.

These would have been the only places to highlight the attack ability.

DarthMaulSithLord
06-12-2002, 07:31 AM
Interesting. Maybe GL had planned to show the attack mode in the movie, but dropped it later on because he thought it was overkill or just looked cheesy(?)

Would've loved to see it though.

:)

Chaddymac
06-12-2002, 10:50 AM
Well, Obi-Wan never really had a chance to attack and even if he had, it was more vital that he follow Fett to his employer than that he kill Fett...not that he could have. That Slave 1 obviously seemed to pack a bigger punch than Obi-Wan was ready for.

Maybe in Episode III, since we still need to know where Anakin got the title "Best Pilot in the Galaxy," we'll see him whoop *** in his own Jedi Starfighter.

LTBasker
06-12-2002, 11:08 AM
I think it was just an added feature on the Starfighters since kids might not be too attracted to just a triangle with small quad cannons.