PDA

View Full Version : Episode I MM Collections XI-XVI contents

JediGoofy
09-19-2001, 06:40 AM
Hi everybody,
in order to complete the MM & AF ships and vehicles list (do you remember the thread "comparing vehicles across the galoob lines"?) I would need the list of vehicles and figures contained in the elusive Episode I MM Collections XI-XVI.

Does anybody know the contents of these collections? At least the ones you got so far?
My reference until now are some old preview pictures posted on the SSG site a lot of time ago, but I do not know if the actual collections have the same vehicles and figures of the ones pictured.

I hope you can help me. Thanx.

Ciao,
JediGoofy

P.S. I am using this MM & AF ships and vehicles list (updated with the help of GSJ and JT) as a reference for my own collection and I wonder if JT thinks it could be useful to have it on the site as an updated reference list for everybody.
It could also be useful to have a MM & AF figure reference list, but I am not able to write it because I do not have all the playsets. :(

P.P.S. I am very embarrassed but it looks like I will never be able to find Epic Collections IV-VI and Episode I Collections XI-XVI on eBay, and even if my collection counts more than 800 pieces (MM & AF figures, vehicles and ships) I feel it is badly incomplete. :( So I would like to ask you if you could take me into account if you find any of these collections. Unfortunately I live in Italy and I have almost nothing to offer you, but prosaic money.
I would be really really grateful if you can help me (and I know you guys are used to make miracles!). Thank you in advance.:)

vulcantouch
09-19-2001, 12:23 PM
. . .bc3's site remains as handy-dandy as ever :)
see? (http://freespace.virgin.net/james.hobson/need.htm) :)
re specific contents of pax 11-13, i can't recall-
vt

vulcantouch
09-21-2001, 10:34 PM
here's (http://freespace.virgin.net/james.hobson/packcards.htm) the 11-13 info :)

JediGoofy
09-24-2001, 04:33 AM
Thank you vt.

The pics on b3 site about collections XIV-XVI are the same I got from SSG site, but I ovelooked the packaging card with collections XI-XIII description. (sorry :o )

Now the MM/AF vehicles & ships list looks complete. I "just" need to fill the last holes in my collection (with the "very expensive/impossible to find" last items :( ).

Ciao,
JediGoofy

P.S. Here is included the file with the vehicles and ships list. If you find any error or missing info, please let me know and I will update the list. Thank you. :)

good shot jansen
09-25-2001, 07:22 AM
if it's any kind of light at the end of the tunnel, the set XIII (naboo royal guards), which i just recently acquired, there is no english writing on the package at all. the lead language (there are 4 different languages, Italian, french, spanish, and german) is spanish followed by italian, so it may be possible that these later sets are indeed available in your home country. i will of course keep lookin myself!

britcit3
09-25-2001, 08:14 AM
Huge amounts of Italian Print Micro Machines appear in UK discount stores all the time.

I am hoping that sets 14-16 appear on the shelves before Xmas (I am sure that they are just sitting in warehouses before the Xmas busy period).

BC3

LTBasker
09-25-2001, 10:52 AM
Hmm....you take pre-orders, BritCit? :D :cool:

britcit3
09-25-2001, 12:29 PM
Rest assured, as soon as I find that mother load, I will buy it in it's entirity and offer it to the forum.

BC3

LTBasker
09-25-2001, 03:05 PM
Maybe we should find an ex-galoob employee and force the locations of all the warehouses out of him/her if they won't tell if they do exist and where they were most likely shipped to? Hmm... err. :D

vulcantouch
09-25-2001, 11:25 PM
i suggest we instead inundate hasbro hq w/mass mailings of jedi points and micro points Demanding they provide 11-16s for all of us here on the ssg mm forum :) (note: this is an actual plan b'jr 7 i have been considering for a while; as you can imagine, he has a LOT of micro points. we just gotta find em :p

LTBasker
09-26-2001, 03:07 AM
Well, does B'jr have an MM playset replica of Fort Knox? ;)

JediGoofy
09-26-2001, 11:25 AM
gsj, your info about the collection XIII is really a shock for me!!! :eek:

So you say the Episode I Collection XIII package shows Spanish, Italian, French and German writings. This is amazing since we did not even receive the last MM and AF waves!

I can assure you I am constantly patrolling the big toys shops here in Turin (the biggest city in north-western Italy) and I am not finding anything but few Podracer packs (I, II and III) and few Podrace Arena Platform Action Sets.

I know that in England they are getting a lot of Italian packaging MM and AF but, as far as I know, they are the most easy to find collections, because we never received the last waves, both for classic trilogy and for Episode I (with the exception of the AF Rancor that was present in big quantities in Italy while it was quite hard to find in US, if I am correct).

Anyway if I found Episode I collections XI-XVI I would buy them all And would be my pleasure to flood this forum with inexpensive impossible to find items! :D

I will keep my eyes WIDE OPEN! :)
JediGoofy

P.S. bc3, you are suggesting they are waiting Christmas. It could be, even if this year there is no Star Wars "event" to push SW toys, and here in Italy it looks like toy buyers are completely under the influence of movies and TV shows. :(
But who knows? I am keeping my finger crossed folks! ;)

britcit3
09-26-2001, 12:23 PM
The latter Ep1 sets were not shipped until earlier this year.

As they have not appeared in toy shops only discount stores, I presume that TRU et al have decided that they had their fingers burned on the 1st wave and will not be stocking them, thinking them to be poor selling.

However, UK discount stores stock huge amounts of "poor selling" toys at Christmas.

Keeping fingers, toes and kidneys crossed.

BC3

PS the Ep1 sets 11-13 that I found in the stores were Italian print - the UK is used as a "dumping ground" for toys that have not sold in Europe.

JediGoofy
09-27-2001, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by britcit3

PS the Ep1 sets 11-13 that I found in the stores were Italian print - the UK is used as a "dumping ground" for toys that have not sold in Europe.

I agree with you bc3, but it is ironic that while there is a man that could be saved by a sip of water, the whole river is deviated to another country! ;) (maybe I am exaggerating, eheh)

But, seriously, this poor distribution is really bothering me and eventually it is the cause of MM and AF discontinuation! I do not know who is to blame, if Hasbro or toy dealers, but I would really like they put on the shelves a good quantity of all the items, instead of flooding the market with just one item (which, at the end, will be dumped in UK! ;) ), like, for example, they did with the AF Rancor.
They would sell more and we would be happy BUYING MORE! It seems so easy, so clear, why they cannot understand this?

Ciao,
JediGoofy

P.S. Anyway when last wave E1 collections eventually show up in Italy you will be the first ones to know and to be submerged by a huge quantity of MM Republic Cruisers ("the philosophers stone of micro machines" ;) ).
Eh? What is it ringing? Oh, my alarm clock, it is time to wake up. (eheheh)