PDA

View Full Version : Anakin's Hand

tgr3328
05-29-2002, 02:27 PM
Does anyone remember a reference from either the Thrawn trilogy or the Hand of Thrawn duology about how Darth Vader lost his hand?

Mara Jade tells Luke that the destruction of the first Death Star "cost Vader his hand". Apparently, a punishment by the Emperor.

Now, we find out in EP2 that Anakin lost his hand by Count Dooku.

Sidiously Darth
05-29-2002, 03:25 PM
I remember what you're talking about, but he does have 2 hands.:D

tgr3328
05-29-2002, 03:31 PM
True, Obi Wan said that he was "more machine than man".

Bel-Cam Jos
06-01-2002, 10:46 AM
Here's an excerpt from Tales From the Imperial Legions:
Entering the spartan control room, Darth Vader paused ever-so subtly. Failure was the one thing he could never tolerate in his subordinates. And since he learned that from his dark master, a slight twinge of fear crept into his own mind as to what he would do to him. Never one to accept excuses, Vader would smply explain the situation as it happened.
"Come," beckoned Emperor Palaptine. "What of the Yavin campaign?"
"The Rebels have destroyed the Death Star, master," coldly replied Vader. "I was able to escape myself, but the station is gone."
"I sense you expect to be punished," said Palpatine. "And that certainly would be appropriate."
Vader actually felt himself weaken inside. This was an emotion he seldom felt.
"And what would be an appropriate penalty for the loss of so much power?" Palpatine gestured to his imperial dignitaries in the background. "Come. I think Lord Vader deserves congratulations."
Vader was stunned. How could he be congratulated for losing the Empire's ultimate weapon? It was ludicrous!
The dignitary was just about to clap his hands together, when Palaptine stopped his action his a wave of his hand. "Now, Vader," Palpatine said coyly. "I want you to never forget this. I was going to give you a hand for defeating the insignificant Rebels, but now you have lost it. Never forget this, my apprentice."

See? That's how it happened! :D

Sidiously Darth
06-01-2002, 03:34 PM
Bel, where's this "Tales of the Imprial Legions"? Is this a comic, trade, graphic novel? I've never heard of it and I've read quite a bit of SW material.:confused:

Bel-Cam Jos
06-01-2002, 09:40 PM
I have to laugh. Did you read my post? I mean really read it?

Eternal Padawan
06-03-2002, 09:09 AM
RRRRRRRIMSHOT! :D

I anticipate an EU novel shortly where some diabolical madman has Anakin's severed arm in stasis, so he can clone him and have Anakin fight Anaakiin. :rolleyes:

Sidiously Darth
06-03-2002, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
I have to laugh. Did you read my post? I mean really read it?

Doh!!! I must not have been on my game when I read your post the other day. I fell for that handily!:D