PDA

View Full Version : Got my first Cinema Scene today

Uriarte69
05-29-2002, 07:31 PM
I got my first Cinema Scene today (Final Jedi Battle). I can only say it's much better than expected. It's a great way to collect, keep it unopened and display it. I hope they make some AOTC, and some more from the original triology.

Darkross
05-30-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Uriarte69
I got my first Cinema Scene today (Final Jedi Battle). I can only say it's much better than expected. It's a great way to collect, keep it unopened and display it. I hope they make some AOTC, and some more from the original triology.

I got mine about two months ago and I was a little disappointed since the Emperor's chair can't swivel. :(

187-Maul
05-31-2002, 08:40 AM
with a bit trying I made it to swivel it around
bought it 1 1/2 years ago in kb-toyworks in TX (holiday)

Uriarte69
05-31-2002, 09:08 PM
anyone have suggestions for my second Cinema Scene?? The Jedi Spirits one is a great concept, but judging by the pictures I've seen, it doesn't look great. Any ideas??

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-01-2002, 01:16 AM
Definately get Death Star Escape. This Cinema Scene was my fist and I still value it highly over all my collection.

187-Maul
06-01-2002, 02:19 PM
I only have the Final Duel set and the E1 Tatooine Showdown, which I would suggest you to buy cause it's really cool:D
the maul and qui-gon really look cool but the ani is somewhat in the way because he isn't that near in the scene (I took him out of the scene and placed him in my theed hangar so he actually was a good extra)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-04-2002, 11:53 PM
Check your local KB Toy Outlet or Toyworks for pretty good deals on Cinema Scenes. I was able to pick up the only Cinema Scenes I have for clearance at their stores (Jabba's Skiff Guards, Rebel Pilots, Cantina Aliens, Ep1 Tatooine Showdown and Mos Epsa Encounter). The POTF2 scenes are marked down to $5.99 in my area and the Ep1 are $7.99. Of the ones I mentioned, I would go with the Rebel Pilots scene.

TeeEye7
06-05-2002, 07:50 AM
Collect them ALL! They're habit-forming......

I agree with LBC: good figs and good prices on Rebel Pilots still exist.

Mynock Hunt & Death Star Escape are also cool but pricey and hard to find. I was lucky and picked mine up before the prices escalated to the ridiculous level.

Darkross
06-05-2002, 11:33 AM
Death Star Escape was my first until I got the Jedi Final Duel a month ago. I only wish that the Chewbacca in the Death Star Escape wasn't so beefy!

sith_killer_99
06-05-2002, 12:25 PM
Ah, yes these are great sets. My Cinema Scenes Collection is now complete. I finished it about a year ago.

Then I bought/traded for a couple to open. I got Watto's Box and Death Star Escape. Both are excellent pieces. I had an extra Mynock Hunt, but I traded it rather than opening it, loose on this one just did not interest me.

Next I suggest Death Star Escape...or if you want to hold off on the EXPENSIVE sets go with Rebel Pilots. The Pilots is a SOLID set and each of them have removable helmets!

icatch9
06-05-2002, 12:43 PM
No wounder they stopped makeing these things. I mean if you guys who are real collectors never bought them then just think what the average Joe thought of them.

TeeEye7
06-06-2002, 07:45 AM
Oh, we bought them, all right. It was just that Hasbro's ineptness at distributing them (fairly) around the county made it a problem to find them to buy them.

First, you couldn't find a particular Cinema Scene, and then the next thing you know, Hasbro floods the market with them. I think Watto's Box and Mynock Hunt are still the ones that are difficult to find (SK99: please correct me if I'm wrong on that).

I STILL see Rebel Pilots, Jabba's Dancers, and the occaisonal Skiff Guards at places like KayBee.

ACPin
06-06-2002, 09:27 AM
Definitely get the Rebel pilots since you can use them like I did for my rebel hangar (http://www.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=26522&domain=sirstevesguide.com&dom=ss&domain_id=5) dioramas.

figrin bran
06-25-2002, 10:39 PM
i have a question about the Rebel Pilots cinema scene. are the helmets removable? i don't open the cinemas but i was just wondering

sith_killer_99
06-26-2002, 12:41 PM
YES, all three are removable.:D

This is one of my favorite sets. I love removable helmets!!!

QLD
06-29-2002, 01:22 PM
I have all of them except Death Star Escape. I keep forgetting I need it. But they all rock.

Lobito
07-17-2002, 09:01 PM
You need to look at all of them first, (see the collectors database) then the one u like the best will be your next purchase.

Now...my advice is this: try to get the scenes that have figures that never got carded. Ex. Jabba's Skiff Guards, Cantina Aliens, Rebel Pilots, Watto's Box, Purchase of the Droids...and so on.

Have fun finding them!!