PDA

View Full Version : Whats the deal with the new packaging!!

misthunter210
05-30-2002, 01:55 AM
Has hasbro forgotton about the little invention called tape. When you try to get a figure out of the plastic backing you about break off the peg on a lightsaber or bend something because they basically have half a leg above the plastic and half below. The hanger dual anakin was a pain in the arse to get out without damaging the lighsaber. Hasbro should just go back to using tape to hold figures onto the plastic.:frus:

chris
06-07-2002, 12:38 PM
yeah, ive noticed it, especially on Ani HD, it is definitely a problem.

pthfnder89
06-07-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by misthunter210
Has hasbro forgotton about the little invention called tape. When you try to get a figure out of the plastic backing you about break off the peg on a lightsaber or bend something because they basically have half a leg above the plastic and half below. The hanger dual anakin was a pain in the arse to get out without damaging the lighsaber. Hasbro should just go back to using tape to hold figures onto the plastic.:frus:

I agree; it's a big pain and I wish they would go back to simply taping accessories into the bubbles.

But there's a reason why they changed. Placing them like that deters theft. It keeps people from cutting open the outer bubble and taking accessories taht they need for other figures, which was apparently a big problem. I've seen lots of broken open blisters hanging on shelves in the past.

There's got to be a better way to do it though.:(

Lord Tenebrous
06-07-2002, 02:30 PM
They've fixed the Anakin, maybe others are on the way:

2300 w/Secret Battle Feature! Sticker + new Blister V33674 84851

Note: Original version had slots the sabers went through. These have tray, no slots, and are just taped down.

http://systems.figures.com/database/index.html?page=detail&sdomid=5&sitemid=29044

Beast
06-07-2002, 02:33 PM
The original reason alot of the bubbles were made that way, were to also ensure that spoiler features like removable limbs, and heads, stayed on. Just take a little extra time removing them from the package, so that you don't damage your figures. But as Lord T. said, they corrected the Anakin. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Forhekset
06-07-2002, 06:08 PM
It's best just to keep a knife or pair of scissors handy if you're really concerned about damaging your figure.

DarthMaulSithLord
06-07-2002, 07:53 PM
I don't mind having to pull my figs from the plastic trays, but the rubber bands are a pain in the @ss! It took me 15 minutes to get Padmé out!!!

:(

saladin
06-07-2002, 10:48 PM
ya i'm tired of rubber bands, half the time i don't notice them and alsmost break what i'm trying to remove.

aharry
06-08-2002, 12:09 AM
Be careful with the rubber bands. I took one off of a saga battle droid and now the head constantly falls off.

Obi-Don
06-08-2002, 01:37 AM
Those rubber bands can be a real pain to get back on to. As in when you have a figure that won't hold what they are suppose to hold. I can never get that rubber band on right.

figrin bran
06-08-2002, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Obi-Don
Those rubber bands can be a real pain to get back on to. As in when you have a figure that won't hold what they are suppose to hold. I can never get that rubber band on right.

exactly, i took the rubber band off of Saesee Tinn and wish that i didn't b/c now i have to put the lightsaber on his right hand.

LTBasker
06-08-2002, 07:45 AM
I was just able to get a rubber band to secure the gun to my preview Zam's right hand. It involved some bending of the gun but that's where the rubberish plastic was good for something - I was able to bend the barrel back.

Unless I know that a figure will holt it's accessory properly without the need of the rubber band I don't take it off or I wait to get a 2nd one to open if I need it for a diorama and experiment with that.

DarthMaulSithLord
06-08-2002, 12:05 PM
I had to put a rubber band around the gun and the hand of the POTJ Rebel Fleet Trooper. Well, actually my mother did it, because i coulden't get it to stay on! That gun is damn small.

:)

LTBasker
06-08-2002, 02:20 PM
I took the band off my 2nd Rebel Trooper figure. He can hold his gun fine as long as he's using both hands to secure it, but I had to use the band to keep his hands together so the gun wouldn't fall out.