PDA

View Full Version : Guinea Pigs rock!

CaptainSolo1138
05-30-2002, 04:12 AM
Does anyone else have a Guinea Pig? They are the awesomest (yes, I just made that word up....someone call Webster's!!) pet in the world. All they do is squeak when they're hungry. Pick up his poo once a week and he's your best friend!

Pendo
05-30-2002, 07:52 AM
My post might upset people with pets, but I don't like animals. I don't dislike them to the point of going around killing them and I am actually against fox hunting, etc. but I don't see that point in having a fluffy hairball in a cage for 24 hours, feed it and clean up it's poop! Why is it there. You might play with it the first couple of days you get it but then after that all you do is keep it locked up and have to listen to the wheel thing spinning when your trying to sleep at night.

I'm sorry for my post if there are animal lovers in here but I just don't like them :(.

PENDO!

Eternal Padawan
05-30-2002, 07:58 AM
Against Fox Hunting? How very British...:)

THE Slayer
05-30-2002, 03:08 PM
I have to disagree, heavily,, My sister has had many a guinea pig, and they all suck. Some are just plain evil, while others just look evil. I've actually had nightterrors about them. Chinchillas on the other hand...

bigbarada
05-30-2002, 03:13 PM
I'm more of a dog person myself. I feel guilty keeping animals in cages.

Although I have had many different kinds of animals as pets:
gerbils
mice
rat
snake
tarantula

Jonna
05-30-2002, 03:14 PM
Nothing beats a cat! No other animal can tell you to F**k off with just a look. They have mad attitude!

pthfnder89
05-31-2002, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Jonna
Nothing beats a cat! No other animal can tell you to F**k off with just a look. They have mad attitude!

Lol, I'm ALL ABOUT the cats Jonna. They've always been my favorite pet.

Just my luck, I am, of course, severly allergic to them so I don't think I could ever have one as a pet:mad: :mad: :mad: It totally sucks.

Lol Pendo, I don't see any reason why you're not entitled to dislike animals. Like you said you don't go around killing or torturing them or something so to each his own...:)

Jonna
05-31-2002, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by pthfnder89

Lol, I'm ALL ABOUT the cats Jonna. They've always been my favorite pet.

Just my luck, I am, of course, severly allergic to them so I don't think I could ever have one as a pet:mad: :mad: :mad: It totally sucks.

Ya, that really sucks. Unfortunatly at the apartment that I live at now I can't have cats, but when I use to live with my parents years ago they had 8 cats and have 11 now I think. They are great because they are probably the only pet that you can leave alone for a few days (like going on vacation) and when you come back nothing has changed.:D

QLD
05-31-2002, 12:43 PM
I grew up with cats, and they are great pets. Very clean and low maintenance.

I just got a dog last year, for my girlfriend and myself. I had never really had one before. He is a handfull, but I love him to death! He has the best personality, like a kid. He will eat ANYTHING too, like a goat. And yes, anything does include Star Wars figures. :(
But, regardless, I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world. He's a Cairn Terrior, which you don't see too many of. I may even post a picture of him later when I get home.

But hamsters, gerbils, mice, guinea pigs, they are not good pets. Not in my opinion. They are practically impossible to play with, and they smell. Also, that wheel turning all night is annoying! I had one when I was 16. I had always wanted one. A week later I wish I had never gotten one.

Jonna
05-31-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
I grew up with cats, and they are great pets. Very clean and low maintenance.

I just got a dog last year, for my girlfriend and myself. I had never really had one before. He is a handfull, but I love him to death! He has the best personality, like a kid. He will eat ANYTHING too, like a goat. And yes, anything does include Star Wars figures. :(

My exgirlfriend's cat ate half of the legs off my B'Obar monk. I could have killed the thing.:evil:

QLD
05-31-2002, 01:16 PM
My dog ate the head off Boba fett the night of midnight madness. I dropped it on the floor without knowing.

He also ate the feet off of a couple of Starting Lineups. Old 1988 SLU's. AND he ate the head off of E1 Yoda. Of course, the entertaining part is when he passes them. :D

Pendo
06-01-2002, 06:35 AM
A friend's dog ate my entire Star Wars collection when I was on holiday :(.

PENDO!

QLD
06-01-2002, 02:36 PM
Ouch. That is not cool.

Lord Malakite
06-01-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by THE Slayer
I have to disagree, heavily,, My sister has had many a guinea pig, and they all suck. Some are just plain evil, while others just look evil. I've actually had nightterrors about them. Chinchillas on the other hand...

Only after you start feeding them meat does the real fun start. :evil:

QLD
06-01-2002, 03:32 PM
ummm......out of curiosity.......what happens when you feed them meat? Is it like Gremlins?

Lord Malakite
06-01-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
ummm......out of curiosity.......what happens when you feed them meat? Is it like Gremlins?

Actually, in a way it is. They like the taste, which is odd since they are herbavores, and start to become more vicious. As a result, they try to bite you when you clean their cages, etc., in order to get another taste of it.

THE Slayer
06-02-2002, 01:34 AM
sadly, I know you're telling the truth.. If they eat meat the chances that they will devour their young are greatly increased, but I'm gonna stop talking about it, chills are running up my spine.

Jonna
06-05-2002, 12:46 PM
While we are being disgusting, a mouse/rat will consume another mouse/rat if it grows a tumor on its skin. Years ago in elementary school I had a science project involving mice and this happened. It is not a pretty sight.