PDA

View Full Version : Tallest Figure ?.

U.K.BOY
05-30-2002, 06:41 AM
Hi,

Was looking for a little help/confirmation as to what is the tallest figure in the SW line to date.

I am looking to build a shelved display case and need an idea of sizes.

My thoughts for tallest were between Amanaman,Vader,IG88 or one of the Chewies.

Anyone ?.

Thanks.

U.K.Boy.

icatch9
05-30-2002, 07:32 AM
Sorry, but they don't compair to the Graxal (Sp?) figure that comes with the Watto's Box Cenema Sceene. He is the largest (3 3/4) figure ever produced by Hasbro/Kenner. I myself don't have one loose anymore, but I'm sure someone hear does, so they can mesure it for you.

But if you don't like that one or never plan on haveing it, I'd say that the mechanic Chewy is the tallest. He's to scale, and he is actually standing straight up.

Just my thoughts, hope it helped :)

U.K.BOY
05-30-2002, 07:37 AM
Yeah.

I have got the Watto's Cinema Scene but had forgotten about Graxol.

Anyone else even close ?.

U.K.Boy.

jjreason
05-30-2002, 08:19 AM
I have nearly every figure loose. Graxol (again sp??) is by far the tallest. He's got to be over 6 inches (don't ask how I measured tee hee). He can be seated however, so I don't think you need to create a whole shelf based on this one figure's height.

Dryanta
05-30-2002, 08:24 AM
Graxol is 7 and 3/8" tall.Second is the Wampa at 6".I don't know if you count him as a figure though. Next is mechanic Chewie at 5".
Hope it helps.

Eternal Padawan
05-30-2002, 08:26 AM
Muftak was pretty tall. He's definitely in the top three.

Who's the shortest? Jawa? Yoda? Tusken kiddie? Salacious Crumb?

Dryanta
05-30-2002, 08:31 AM
Thanks EP.I had forgotten about Muftak.
He's at 4 3/4 "Shorter than Mech Chewie.So if the wampa isn't a figure than he is number three in the top three.Unless I forgot someone else.
Salacious is the shortest(I think) He's 1 3/8".

jawabalz
05-30-2002, 07:15 PM
if the wampa is considered a figure in the 3 3/4 range than the biggest figure would be the rancor monster with jabba in second.
if not i really don't know i guess the dude from wattos box.:stupid: :crazed: :eek:

Dryanta
05-30-2002, 07:24 PM
Yeah I guess I shouldn't have considered the wampa as a figure.
The Faamba would be the tallest hands down if that same criteria was used.
So it goes Graxol,Mech Chewie,and Muftak.

cujo fett
05-30-2002, 07:31 PM
ev-9d9 and chewbacca are both about
4 3/4" tall - don't have a graxol

Dryanta
05-30-2002, 07:34 PM
Which Chewie are you measuring Cujo?
I just double checked My Mechanic Chewie to Ev and chewie is at 5" ev9d9 is 4 3/4".Same as Muftak.I had forgotten her as well.LOL

jawabalz
05-30-2002, 07:52 PM
oops forgot about the faamba how much taller is he than the rancor:confused: opps off the subject again sorry:stupid: :eek: :sur:

IG 8D8
09-17-2009, 07:52 PM
hi everyone, I'm new here but am a long time collector. I'm thrilled to finally find a discussion about the tallest figures, I see this is an older thread so thought it would be cool to see if any newer figures can challenge the top 3 (Muftak, Chewbacca). Here's the ones I'm thinking of:

Ephant Mon (Jabba's palace)
wookie heavy gunner (rots)
wookie warrior/commando (rots)
Tarrful (rots)
Lama Su (aotc)
concept Grievous
pre-cyborg Grievous
Yarael Poof (jedi council)
Imperial Sentry (90s?)
Animated Grievous (first clone wars)
J'Quille (Jabba's sail barge)
Tanus Spijek (sail barge)
Yarua (wookie senator)
Kitik Keed Kak (cantina)
Foul Moudama (Muftak jedi)
Mustafar Sentry (rots)

I don't have a lot of these so I can't measure but know they are all very tall from pictures and such.

IG 8D8
09-18-2009, 12:47 AM
I made an error on one - Imperial Sentinel is the name, not sentry. He's from 98, expanded universe. Here is a pic, he is in the middle by the blue royal guards. Towers over most figures, even the Shadow Trooper.

Droid
09-18-2009, 01:30 PM
I never understood why people raved about VOTC Chewie, Mechanic Chewie has always been my favorite.

JediTricks
09-18-2009, 03:37 PM
Welcome aboard!

The Tri-Droid figure is really tall if you stand him upright, taller even than Graxol Kelvyyn.

Concept Grievous is very tall, taller than even the new ROTS Grievous that's properly-scaled.

IG 8D8
09-20-2009, 07:52 PM
thanks for the welcome. i thought about the tri droid too but figured he didn't count as a basic figure, i really am not sure where to draw the line there. if the tri droid came in the same type of package/card as a basic figure then i suppose it would count? kind of funny to be side tracked thinking about this height topic.

IG 8D8
09-21-2009, 01:54 PM
Lama Su has to be way up there on the list too. Another I just discovered is the phase 3 Dark Trooper that you have to assemble. Supposedly 5-1/2 inches. Now my question is- are the three dark troopers all from the same mold? I want to acquire all the tall figures so we can have a definitive ranking of who the tallest figures are, cause it's driving me crazy!

JediTricks
09-22-2009, 03:48 PM
The Tri-Droid is a basic figure in that it came in a basic wave on a basic card for a basic price. And surely if you can count Concept Grievous who wasn't a basic, you can count this guy: http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC0805tridroid.asp (I'm not talking about the new Octuptarra Droid vehicle.)

Lama Su is on his list already. The Phase 3 Darktrooper is really massive, it should be on that list. It's not from the same mold as the others, nor should it be, in the game the Phase 1 is a skeletal robot, the Phase 2 is an armor-wearing robot, and the Phase 3 is a mech suit with a pilot inside so it's a lot bigger than the phase 2.

IG 8D8
09-24-2009, 03:24 AM
thanks for the info, that confirms the tri droid as the tallest. I came across this cool action figure music video you must check out, there are a bunch of the tall figures (Ephant Mon, Y.Poof, wookie warrior, graxol, etc.) in it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyw8raE3axQ

IG 8D8
09-24-2009, 11:50 PM
I have measured my Muftak, and found he's closer to 4-1/2" not 4-3/4". Shorter than I thought, although he's a massive figure. He will probably not make top 10. IG Lancer Droid is on the way next. He looks like a contender.

IG 8D8
09-28-2009, 05:38 PM
just got the IG lancer droid in the mail. He's my new tallest figure, at 5"+ taller than the chewbacca that came with the big falcon. A great looking figure too, really nice detail.

DarkArtist
09-30-2009, 11:50 AM
really depends on the concept of the figure... i always think of the Rancor as a figure.

IG 8D8
09-30-2009, 06:28 PM
the list I am compiling is just for "basic figures" in other words if you see them hanging from a peg on a cardback, they count. Or if they are in a box or cinema scene, for instance Watto's box, or the Max Rebo Band. There could be a list for large creatures too.

pbarnard
10-01-2009, 01:03 PM
So, Wampas would count by your list since there was one that was on a carded figure on the pegs as a deluxe figure.

IG 8D8
10-03-2009, 04:13 AM
I guess he would by that definition. I still like the idea of a separate category for large creatures, such as all wampas, rancor, ronto, dewbacks, etc. It's a tough call because of instances like that one wampa. What do you think, should the wampa count?

pbarnard
10-06-2009, 12:15 PM
By your definitions, the Blue carded Deluxe Wampa would count but the PotF2 Beast Collection Wampa would not.

IG 8D8
10-09-2009, 03:37 AM
I'm not sure I'll count him at this time, but I will consider it. He would not be the tallest, maybe top 3 though.

Here is my rough draft of tallest figures, most are estimates or guesses by looking at pictures. I have filled in the heights I know. It is not complete yet.
Any info or heights you know of can be posted below.

Star Wars tallest basic figures (as of Oct. 9, 2009)

1. Tri Droid 8"
2. Graxol Kelvyyn 7-1/2"
3. Ph. 3 Dark Trooper 5-1/2"
4. Concept Chewbacca
5. Wookie Heavy Gunner
6. Preview Wookie Warrior
7. Wookie Warrior
8. Tarrful
9. Yarael Poof
10. Lama Su
11. Concept Grievous
12. Mechanic Chewbacca 5"
13. Pre Cyborg Grievous
14. IG Lancer Droid 5"
15. Yarua
16. ROTS Chewbacca
17. Yuzhan Vong Warrior (v.1)
18. Imperial Sentinel
19. EV 9D9 4-3/4"
20. M. Falcon Chewbacca 4-3/4"

others:

Legacy Grievous
Clone Wars Grievous
Yak Face
Foul Moudama 4-1/2"+ ?
Muftak 4-1/2"+
Ephant Mon
Dark Trooper
Dark Trooper 2
OTC IG 88
POTF IG 88
IG 86
Yuzhan Vong (v. 2)
POTJ Amanaman
Kitik Keed Kak
Ask Aak
Vintage IG 88 4-1/2"
Vintage EV 9D9
Vintage Amanaman
Gungan Warrior
Capt. Tarpals 4-1/2"
Animated Grievous
" Durge
Hermi Odle
Mustafar Sentry
Coleman Trebor
Fode and Beed (pod race announcers)
Rep Been
Roron Corobb
8 D8
Saga Momaw Nadon
Prince Xixor
ROTS destroyer droid
YVH-1
Clone Wars super battle droid
Ishi Tib?
Voolvif Monn?
other Chewbaccas and Jabbas

IG 8D8
10-10-2009, 08:18 AM
I should point out too I will not be counting accessories as part of a figure's height, for example weapons and also things like Han's carbonite block. Horns and tusks, tentacles etc. will count. It also rules out add-ons like the R2 that's boosting off the ground, or the Demise of Grievous figure's flames. It could get tricky with some items and may require a ruling!

IG 8D8
10-10-2009, 11:12 PM
ok, new question. Should figures from the "droids" cartoon line be counted? I guess one of them is close to 5". I'm leaning towards yes because expanded universe figs will be counted. I just don't recognize the droids' characters.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-13-2009, 08:57 PM
ok, new question. Should figures from the "droids" cartoon line be counted? I guess one of them is close to 5". I'm leaning towards yes because expanded universe figs will be counted. I just don't recognize the droids' characters.
It's your list so they're your rules. :)

IG 8D8
10-15-2009, 12:56 AM
I think I will include them, only problem is I have none of those figures so getting height info is a challenge.

IG 8D8
10-28-2009, 08:14 PM
I finally found some height info - figurerealm.com they include a figure's height in their reviews. I was thrilled to find this but it seems the heights are far from accurate and they have rounded the heights up or down. Some are way off. What do you guys think on these:

Wookie Commando 5.0 inches
Concept Chewbacca 5.0"
Lama Su 4.75"
Ephant Mon 4.75"
Saga Destroyer Droid 4.75"
Mechanic Chewbacca 4.75"
Lava Miner 4.50"
Fode and Beed 4.50"
EV 9D9 4.50"
Preview Wookie Warrior 4.50" (over 5" actually)
Animated Durge 4.50"
Imp. Sentinel 4.50"
Yarua 4.50"
Saga Super Bat. Droid 4.50"
Cloud City Capture Chewy 4.50"
R1-G4 (Tatooine) 4.50"

A few head scratchers:

Tarfful 4.25" (more like 5.25")
OTC IG 88 4.25"
Yak Face 4.25"
Dark Trooper 4.25"
Pablo Jill 4.25"

IG 8D8
12-02-2009, 10:27 PM
Ok, just got the concept Chewbacca (with pointy ears)... kind of disappointed in the height of him. I read somewhere here that he was the tallest before phase 3 dark trooper came along (excluding graxol, tri droid).

Sorry to say concept chewbacca only comes in at 5" which will probably send him out of the top 10. He's pretty big for a SW figure but not compared to the tallest. The search continues.