PDA

View Full Version : New Accessory Sets!

SirSteve
05-30-2002, 08:14 AM
What do you think of them?

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=31&show_article=298

icatch9
05-30-2002, 08:22 AM
It's about time. I am impressed. From the package they look like the same old figures, but I'm sure they are a little differet. I like them a lot. Can't wait to pick a few of these up. Hope they mass produce them, sicne they are troop builders. I think it's cool how they come with spare Strormie helmets. I think this is a A+ for Hasbro!

Rogue II
05-30-2002, 08:36 AM
I just looked at the picutes they posted of the upcoming accessory sets. All I can say is "Yippie!" I can't wait to get them. Yes, the figures are just re-released POTF2 figures, but I can live with that.

We finally get the Ewok's Imperial helmet xylophone.

What do you think?

Fixer
05-30-2002, 08:44 AM
The xylophone is probably the best part. I can't tell if the Death Star Trooper is retooled or not. The Hoth soldier is a big disappointment. The accessories in general are not as cool as I was hoping, but at least we get extra Stormtrooper blasters.

JEDIpartner
05-30-2002, 08:59 AM
I'll probably get all of them except for the Hoth one. I'm happy that those who were asking are finally getting their Endor "helmet drum set". I', only getting the Death Star one because I want the trooper. The accessories for that one are for crap (other than the Stormie belt and blasters). I think the most useful one, to me, is the Arena one. Handcuffs... yes!

hango fett
05-30-2002, 09:09 AM
i'll get them all. they look cool, espically the droid set! it comes w/ a frikin' lightsaber! i'll buy 5 of them and give the sabers to some of the old guys i have.

Dryanta
05-30-2002, 09:09 AM
Hey JP!!
I'll get what I like.If I manage to get lucky and even find them.The closest Target to me is about 75 miles away.I can't seem to find any close up pics of these.The data base says no photo available

JEDIpartner
05-30-2002, 09:16 AM
Try TF.N :Pirate: They have the pics as well.

Jedi Drew
05-30-2002, 09:16 AM
These things are cool. I'll get all four since they include a figure with them. That suck's that they are a Target Excusive-It will just make them harder to find for those collectors who don't have a Target around.

jedi master sal
05-30-2002, 09:23 AM
I think they are SWEET! For army builders like myself these will be welcome additions to our collections.
I probably get:
10-15 Arena Battle droids
20 Death Star Troopers
4 biker scouts
2 Hoth soldiers.

(I must be crazy, that's $360 not including tax, sheesh!)

Yeah, I'm crazy but I'll still probably get them in those quantities eventually.

Eternal Padawan
05-30-2002, 09:24 AM
So the Hoth trooper is just a Luke body with a different head?

Oh well, it's a start.

abell748
05-30-2002, 09:25 AM
It is nice that Hasbro thinks we need a Hoth Luke body with a Hoth Soldier head. Is Target secretly owned and operated by Hasbro? They sure do get alot of exclusives.

bobafett07728
05-30-2002, 09:30 AM
These are very cool. Maybe if they would have packaged the Episode I Accessory packs with figs they wouldn't have sucked so bad!

Croaker
05-30-2002, 10:08 AM
OOOOH.

Why oh why are these Target exclusives!!!!
We already missed out on the last ones.

We don't have Target in Canada and they won't ship stuff here!!

I really want these (at retail price).

sunblind
05-30-2002, 10:12 AM
I'll get a couple of 'em, if I can find 'em...The exclusives around here, always gets snatched up by scalpers/store hobbie collectors who sell'em for $15-20 more.

Nataku
05-30-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
So the Hoth trooper is just a Luke body with a different head?

Sadly, I already have this figure... I customized this figure back when the GC figures were on clearance at TRU.

I bought an extra Hoth Luke and an extra Hoth Rebel Soldier and did a head swap. Although I took the time to paint the beard on mine brown so that he didn't look exactly like a head swap.

That Hoth Rebel is dissappointing.

The rest of the figures are great though... can't have too many battle droids and Scout Troopers. And I'll FINALLY have a chance to get some DS Troopers for customizing without paying through the nose for them.

Some of those accessories are great! My favorites:

Arena: Lightsabers and handcuffs!

DS: I can always use extra Stormie blasters...

Endor: Possibly the best! A helmet drum set? An AT-ST Driver helmet for custom figs? An extra Endor Soldier Helm for customs?
INCREDIBLE!

Hoth: That little power generator is ok, but I like the extra scanner!

I hope these sell well, since I'd like more of these in the future!

Nataku

Croaker
05-30-2002, 10:31 AM
I would agree that the least exciting of the packs is the hoth one (what's with that tank?) but I look forward to them all
Ewok Drums!
Extra Lightsabres!
Hand cuffs!
Death Star Trooper!

And I'll be able to use the drum stick to complete my Jabba's palace diorama (the drummer from the new band)

Jonna
05-30-2002, 10:33 AM
I think they look great! Accessories really make all the difference. Does anyone know when that are coming out???

leenovak
05-30-2002, 10:44 AM
Times like this I'm really, really glad my fiancee is a supervisor at Target. :D

evenflow
05-30-2002, 10:46 AM
I will get them all, but not from Target. There are no targets where I live, ebay looks like the only choice.

I really like the stormtrooper belt, and the helmet instruments, and the At-St driver helmet.

QLD
05-30-2002, 10:46 AM
THIS IS SO FREAKING AWESOME THAT I WANT TO CRAP MY PANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing better would be a LANDO accessory kit!

DarthMaulSithLord
05-30-2002, 11:09 AM
What would it come with then? A bottle of hairwax?

:D

Jonna
05-30-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by DarthMaulSithLord
What would it come with then? A bottle of hairwax?

:D

No, some Colt 45 beer, baby!!! Ohhh...yaaaa!:crazed:

eliwankenobi
05-30-2002, 11:19 AM
What a bummer that the Hoth set is just a cheesy head swap. This was the set I was looking forward to most. Even the accesories are pretty lame.

The other sets though look awesome. Now I can make a good Endor Luke w/ the pack in poncho and extra helmet.

I just hope that Target/Hasbro realize that these are army-builder sets and that they're not extremely limited - because peops are gonna want multiples.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-30-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Jonna
I think they look great! Accessories really make all the difference. Does anyone know when that are coming out???

I think the price guide says in July.

I really like these sets, but the figures are laughable except for the DS Trooper, since they were rare the first go 'round. See, if Hasbro really wanted to do something cool, they could have put exclusive figures instead of rehashes. I would propose the following:

AOTC: Generic human Jedi (we have plenty of alien ones)
ESB: General Rieekan (to finally get those old men figure collectors to shut up ;) )
ROTJ: Imp. Dig. (see above) or Rebel trooper disguised as a biker scout

That way we could maximize the number of new figures while getting some good accessories.

BTW, what is that weird large red thing in the AOTC set? It looks like a friggin crab or something.

JON9000
05-30-2002, 11:32 AM
I think these are pretty cool. Anybody know what they are going to retail for? If it's over $10 bucks I may only get the biker scout and maybe the DST.

pthfnder89
05-30-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by

I really like these sets, but the figures are laughable except for the DS Trooper, since they were rare the first go 'round. See, if Hasbro really wanted to do something cool, they could have put exclusive figures instead of rehashes. I would propose the following:

AOTC: Generic human Jedi (we have plenty of alien ones)
ESB: General Rieekan (to finally get those old men figure collectors to shut up ;) )
ROTJ: Imp. Dig. (see above) or Rebel trooper disguised as a biker scout

That way we could maximize the number of new figures while getting some good accessories.

While I would be all for totally new figures, I don't think they would be very practical. Hasbro did a good job choosing packin figures for the sets, as at least three of them are Army builders. The Hoth figure is sort of disappointing but still a generic figure.

Generic Human Jedi - this is hard for me to say, because I want nothing but Jedis for my Arena scenes, but the Battle Droid was a fine choice. They're all identical, so you can buy as many as you want for your army. The only thing I might have wanted more would be a clonetrooper instead, but we'll get more of those down the line.

General Rieekan - Well seeing as how the "generic" soldier they packed in isn't that great, it's hard to argue against this fella, but they obviously were trying to pack in universal figures.

Imp. Dignitary - that just wouldn't have worked. Kids will get excited about the accessory packs, but not if the figure that comes with it is some barely seen old man in a freaky hat. Besides which, he wouldn't be able to use any of the accessories.

Hasbro did a good job in choosing the packins I think, and a really nice job splitting the accessories between some sweet totally new ones, and some usful rehashes.

Overall I'm totally pumped about these sets, and I just pray that I can actually get my hands on them, unlike say, the Ywing:rolleyes: (thanks for that one Target) I'm sure they won't be as limited as those Target vehicles, because they're at a much smaller price pooint, and easier to sell, but still...

pthfnder89
05-30-2002, 11:51 AM
I forgot to ask, can anyone tell if the Death Star Trooper is the exact same figure as the previous release? I know he is from the torso up, but I'm hoping that they at least changed those HORRIBLE legs from the original figure.:rolleyes: That's the only thing that would keep me from buying multiples of that set.

Rogue II
05-30-2002, 11:52 AM
The Collector's Cantina says the retail price is going to be $9.99.

That's not too bad. I think I will get all 4 even though I usually only collect OT things. Ahh, the Ewoks' Imperial xylophone at last....you know, that was the best thing about the Ewoks.

I wish there was a better picture of the Hoth set. That little tank thing that appears to fire the missles looks like they took a background droid and pulled an R5-D4 on him.

I'm glad to get an interrogation droid. I've been without one since mine fell off my desk and my dog chewed it. Luckily, Vader stayed put.

Jayspawn
05-30-2002, 11:55 AM
I think they look awesome! I can't wait for these to come out! The Ewok helmet drum set looks great and each of the packs comes with a figure! How perfect!!!

Not disapointed at all.

sith_killer_99
05-30-2002, 11:58 AM
It looks like they fixed that HORRIBLE leg stance.

Other than that it looks to be the same (from the waist up).

BTW, if you scroll down in the guide there is a link to the pictures, even the ones that say "No Picture Available".

I am stoked about these. It's a good thing my wife and I moved from Hawaii, or I would be soooooo MAD!

No Target's in Hawaii.

Does anyone know if these will ship to Canada or Europe? I know these are Target Exclusives, but that's just U.S. Exclusive. Beside Europe is supposed to get all of the AOTC figs, from what I recall reading.

Rogue II
05-30-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89
I forgot to ask, can anyone tell if the Death Star Trooper is the exact same figure as the previous release? I know he is from the torso up, but I'm hoping that they at least changed those HORRIBLE legs from the original figure.:rolleyes: That's the only thing that would keep me from buying multiples of that set.

I'm not positive, but from the looks of the picture, it appears as if the legs are the same as the first release. You have to look real close at his feet.

It would be nice if they did a Jawa set like this. Toss in a couple Jawas, couple generic R2-type droids or a repaint of the Death Star Droid.

I could see them doing a generic Gungan set also with those break apart battle droids and some of their weapons.

MichaelV103
05-30-2002, 12:57 PM
They look awesome! My only dissaointment is that the hoth one should have a snowtrooper instead of another generic rebel trooper. I cant wait for them to come out.

Beast
05-30-2002, 01:22 PM
They all look pretty cool to me, I plan to get 2 of each. Hopefully they'll be evenly packed, so none will be hard to find. The Hoth Solder isn't the greatest, but it does give us another vintage figure redone. It's not as well done as I would have hoped, but it's ok. I really like the Endor and Death Star Sets. Glad they packed in an AT-ST driver helmet, so Han can borrow it. And of course, the xylephone is cool. :cool: :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
05-30-2002, 01:31 PM
Why did they move this thread to the Classified/Trading forum?

Beast
05-30-2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
Ack, someone did. That's weird. Ok, who did it, so we can mock you. In a good natured way, that is. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jonna
05-30-2002, 01:41 PM
I think that it would be great to remake some of the original main characters in these accessory packs like Jedi Luke and an ultimate Han and Boba Fett.

SirSteve
05-30-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II

Not sure who did it but I moved it back. Probably was just a mistake.

Personally I think these sets are really cool, even if some figures are rehashed.

Rogue II
05-30-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve

Not sure who did it but I moved it back. Probably was just a mistake.

Personally I think these sets are really cool, even if some figures are rehashed.

Thanks SirSteve.

Nothing wrong with some rehashed figures as long as they are Army Builders. The Death Star Trooper and even the Biker scout(to an extent) were hard to get.

I hope they continue producing sets like these.

Croaker
05-30-2002, 02:39 PM
Sith killer 99 --
I really doubt that these will ship to Canada. (Although I really wish that they would).

We have not recieved any of the target exclusives.
There are rumours of Canada possibly getting the tie bomber in tiny amounts by the fall.

hell, even TRU doesn't send up all of their exclusives that are available in the states.
As for Europe...there is the UK collector page now and that might help.
In fact I think that I'll go ask them now.

Lman316
05-30-2002, 03:02 PM
I don't know....they look all right. I would have figured that more people would be mocking these a little bit.

I mean, for the Death Star set, everything seems okay, but who really needs another huge mouse droid (that it seems that no one likes anyway) or an old Stormtrooper helmet - I guess that's for customizers, but the new CommTech version would have been better. Just a way to save money, I suppose.

As everyone has stated, the Hoth one looks like crap. I knew immediately that that was a Luke Hoth figure with a different head, and a few of those accessories just don't make sense - is that like a little tank or something? And are those the little breathers from the Mynock Hunt?

The Endor one looks okay, the empty helmets here must be for customizers too and we get the same old Stormtrooper helmet instead of a good CommTech one. And I was under the impression that the xylophone was longer than that, with more helmets, but it still looks pretty good - it even comes with the drumsticks, lol (I think that's what those are :D). But one thing that bothers me is what it's called: Endor Victory. If it's a victory, why did they include a Scout Trooper? :P (Probably because we already got a new Endor Trooper out).

But the best out of all of these has to be the Arena. I actually think this one looks good, but I just don't get why they put all that Jango stuff in there: his helmet and his two blasters. You could just take the stuff from the Boba figure if you were that intent on displaying that part of the movie :crazed:

Wow, that's a lot of complaining...er...but I'll still be picking all of these up. Like I said, they look all right, but I just think they could have done a little better, that's all. So, don't everyone start yelling at me for complaining. I'm just offering my opinion on the sets, that's all :)

End :).

Mandalorian Candidat
05-30-2002, 03:16 PM
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THAT BIG RED THING IS IN THE BATTLE DROID SET?

Lman316
05-30-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THAT BIG RED THING IS IN THE BATTLE DROID SET?

It looks like a shoulder mounted rocket launcher for the battle droid. Just something to add extra play value, it seems.

SirSteve
05-30-2002, 03:21 PM
These are "Accessory Sets" and therefor, the figure is an added bonus! Don't be so concerned with the figure.

Darth Sidious
05-30-2002, 03:22 PM
They look pretty cool. Yes! I will get to experience the Mouse Droid's scent finally! Ahh...The essence...

Darth_Maul25SW
05-30-2002, 03:26 PM
Weid how there's an a set for every movie except the Phantom Menace. What would you guys put in the Phantom Menace set?

Lman316
05-30-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve
These are "Accessory Sets" and therefor, the figure is an added bonus! Don't be so concerned with the figure.

I never really thought about it like that. But still, some of the accessories look, well, like junk. But I guess it's no different than the Episode 1 sets. I'll wait until I see them up close before I totally write them off. They'll probably look better in person - most stuff usually does :).

But one thing. Why are these exclusives? I understand about the vehicles, but these are figures and accessories. Hasbro has NO excuse now to make these exclusives. They're basically just screwing us with this. I have to travel two hours to find a Target (or wait about 2 - 3 years for one here, but by then, they'll be gone, or this one just won't stock them). Haven't we put up with enough of Hasbro's crap?

Forhekset
05-30-2002, 03:39 PM
I'll pass on the Hoth set...the other 3 look cool, especially the Endor one with helmet drumset :D

MikeAndTheBots
05-30-2002, 04:20 PM
This looks really cool. Although the Hoth guy is kind of crappy, its still only a few dollars more for a ton of stuff and the figure. I mean he's a pack in anyway and Hasbro does not have a good track record with pack ins. I'll buy at least the Endor, DS, and AOTC sets and maybe the Hoth one. Why was the mouse droid always so huge anyway? The one Chewie scares away is pretty small.

corporal AMF
05-30-2002, 04:20 PM
:frus: Why exclusives, anyone knows if an online store is having them for sale or pre-order?
I don't have a target in 2000 miles around or more.....
Oh...at last some accesories set that really rocks!!:sur:

ScarletX
05-30-2002, 04:23 PM
I seem to recall that Phantom Menace already had a few accessory sets (I think that I bought a Sith set or something which came with an extra robe, light sabber etc....)

I was hoping for another imperial snowtrooper! I loved those guys (despite their blast armor being as useless as all stormtrooper gear! :) )

Jonna
05-30-2002, 04:24 PM
Does anyone know about hom much these will go for???

CooLJoE
05-30-2002, 04:40 PM
I'm extremely happy to see these sets. I have longed for the extra stormtrooper helmets and lightsabers! And that helmet drum set is awesome! Same with the scout trooper and the gun rack in the DS set!

I'll be buying 2 of each if not more. Old hoth luke with headswap? No biggie to me, I like the old style bodies and even then its a hoth figure that I've never had.

CooLJoE
05-30-2002, 04:42 PM
As per the frontpage story -

They are expected in July at Target only for a price of $9.99.

sith_killer_99
05-30-2002, 04:45 PM
Just think of the figures as an added bonus?!?!?!

Are you nuts?

HOW totaly stoked will collectors be to FINALLY get that over-priced-hard-as-he!!-to-find-Death-Star-Trooper!!!

As for the other sets, yes, the figure is a bonus.;)

I like the helmets!:D But why the OLD Stormie helmet? The new sculpt is SOOO much nicer. I like the AT-ST Driver helmet! Now I can make that custom Han AT-ST Driver to go with my new AT-ST walker!!!

pthfnder89
05-30-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
I really like the Endor and Death Star Sets. Glad they packed in an AT-ST driver helmet, so Han can borrow it.

Lol, I thought I was the only one who noticed that.:D That's pretty cool considering the brand new Endor Han will be out about the same time. I can't wait!

BTW - SirSteve, your new avatar is GREAT! :D

pthfnder89
05-30-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
Just think of the figures as an added bonus?!?!?!

Are you nuts?

HOW totaly stoked will collectors be to FINALLY get that over-priced-hard-as-he!!-to-find-Death-Star-Trooper!!!

Ugh, you can have my original FF Trooper sith_killer99. I hate him with his little tiny tiny running feet. He doesn't even look like he's running, he looks like he's miming running in a game of Charades or something. (If you can even get him to stand up.:rolleyes:)

Originally posted by sith_killer_99
I like the helmets!:D But why the OLD Stormie helmet? The new sculpt is SOOO much nicer.

Well pretty much because they already have the mold for the old removable Stormie helmets. They would have had to make a whole new mold in order to make the CTC designed head into a hollow helmet. Just one of those unfortunate side effects of buisness. :(

mista_carrot
05-30-2002, 05:13 PM
Love the sets, but am I the only one who simply hates the POTF2 versions of the Imperial blaster? It's so big and out of scale with the figures! Why not use the POTJ versions which are more accurate?? Same thing with the Endor Rebel blaster rifle--they should have included the newer Saga version. I guess Hasbro just had a huge pile of these things are trying to get rid of em.

Unit-01
05-30-2002, 05:15 PM
Man, -a disappointment. Rehashes well just suck. If any I would get the Endor. Even though I might not buy the AOTC one, it's also pretty nice, but why come with Jango's helmet and guns? Sometimes I wonder what goes on at Hasbro.

Forhekset
05-30-2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by MikeAndTheBots
This looks really cool. Although the Hoth guy is kind of crappy, its still only a few dollars more for a ton of stuff and the figure. I mean he's a pack in anyway and Hasbro does not have a good track record with pack ins. I'll buy at least the Endor, DS, and AOTC sets and maybe the Hoth one. Why was the mouse droid always so huge anyway? The one Chewie scares away is pretty small.

Yeah...my buddy pthfnder89 sent me a R4-M9 that came with the mouse droid pack-in and I couldn't believe how HUGE that thing is. I mean he's like as wide as the R4 droid, for crying out loud. Way out of scale, unless I'm missing something....maybe I need to go watch the movies again??

Forhekset
05-30-2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by ScarletX
I seem to recall that Phantom Menace already had a few accessory sets (I think that I bought a Sith set or something which came with an extra robe, light sabber etc....)

I was hoping for another imperial snowtrooper! I loved those guys (despite their blast armor being as useless as all stormtrooper gear! :) )

The snowtrooper needs a resculpt with more articulation so he can be posed crouched on one knee, hold a gun in both hands, and that sorta thing, if you ask me. :)

Beast
05-30-2002, 05:44 PM
Sadly it seems, Hasbro has to make the Mouse Droid so large so it's not a choking hazard. If you can dig up one of the Star Wars Micromachine Droids sets, they have a perfectly scaled Mouse Droid packed in. But it's not as good to sniff. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Forhekset
05-30-2002, 05:50 PM
Sadly it seems, Hasbro has to make the Mouse Droid so large so it's not a choking hazard. If you can dig up one of the Star Wars Micromachine Droids sets, they have a perfectly scaled Mouse Droid packed in. But it's not as good to sniff. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Oh...erm, even though plenty of the figs have accessories that are small enough to be choking hazards? Maybe a "figure" itself has to be so large but accessories can be small as long as there's a warning on the package?

And what's up with the smell of that darn mouse droid anyway - I thought I was the only one who noticed that. That thing really reeked when I opened it. :D

yngadult
05-30-2002, 05:52 PM
I'm really excited that these are coming out. I'm hoping the stormtrooper helmet is removable in the Endor set since I have a couple of Stormtrooper Luke's who are missing theirs.
The Hoth soldier appears to lack a great deal of articulation on the arms. Nonetheless, I hope since ESB is #1, we'll see more sets from this Episode.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-30-2002, 06:18 PM

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

What's the MM Droids set you are talking about? What does it look like and where can i get it?

:confused:

Beast
05-30-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by DarthMaulSithLord
What's the MM Droids set you are talking about? What does it look like and where can i get it? :confused:
Here is an ok picture, I found someone selling three sets on Ebay. It came out back in 1995, and I fear the only way you can get them now, is on the secondary market. You can see the Mouse Droid, he's the 3rd over on the top row. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sith Vicious
05-30-2002, 06:30 PM
Why, oh, why couldn't they have released the clean scout trooper instead of the dirty. It's the only POTJ figure I don't have. :cry:
I can't say I'm super impressed with these sets except for the endor one. The manacles in the arena set probably wouldn't fit any of the figures, and most of the extra weapons, droids, helmets in the other sets, are only useful to customisers or people who lost the originals. BTW, does anybody know which ewok plays the "xylophone" at the end of ROTJ?

Lord Tenebrous
05-30-2002, 06:38 PM
It's a fairly mixed bag. But when it's good, it's really good:

The Hoth set isn't something I need. But it's nice because the accessories can all be used by the soldier. This is what I thought they would all be like - one army builder with lots of options for it.

The Arena set had a nice idea, then ruined it with excess. The EU large accessory I'm not interested in, and why include Jango accesories that come with several different figures? The droid is flimsy, the cuffs probably don't fit the figures, and why only two lightsabers? There are dozens of alien figures that could be given a lightsaber and thrown into battle...at least 6 sabers would have made this a don't-miss set. But now it's just average.

They didn't know what the hell they were doing with Endor, so they threw in the xylophone so the completists would buy it. Sould have come with a repainted Teebo, and had the stones, xylophone, sacrifice/funeral pit w/ flame effect, flares w/ flame effect, Ewok horn, and a blue-smoked chamber to turn figures into spirits.

I want to like the Death Star kit, I really do. But the accessories suck. Imperial blasters are alright, but the rifle is useless and the heavy rifle needed to be scaled down. Rifle rack and mouse droid are pointless, and the only thing about the interrogation droid I like is the new-style stand. Stormie helmet is cool, but most figures who used it have the belt sculpted on.

They could have included a well-articulated Stormtrooper w/ removeable helmet - clean Jango head to tie in the prequels. This Trooper should have been a carded release. :(

pthfnder89
05-30-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Forhekset
I couldn't believe how HUGE that thing is. I mean he's like as wide as the R4 droid, for crying out loud. Way out of scale, unless I'm missing something....maybe I need to go watch the movies again??

Not only that but it's hollow underneath. :frus:

I mean I'm not asking for them to make it a solid hunk of plastic but how hard could it be to glue a bottom on it? It's almost as annoying as Hans back-less block of carbonite...:rolleyes:

DarthBrandon
05-30-2002, 07:27 PM
Not interested in figures already made and some accessories that I could care less for. Good for individuals that don't have these figures or want to customize other figures with these accessories. I will say this again, it's my own opinion and I'm not interested in them at all.

pthfnder89
05-30-2002, 07:41 PM
I'm also slightly disappointed that the lightsabers from the Arena set aren't metal.

But it makes sense. After all, the only "generic" metal lightsaber they've made so far is the one with Kit Fisto and they've already re-packaged that one with two other figures (Dooku and HD Ani) so I'm not too surprised they decided to go with the lesser used Shaak Ti and Plo Koon/Nikto Jedi saber hilts.

SuperBattleDroid88
05-30-2002, 08:26 PM
THESE ARE JUST AWESOME!!! THE BATTLE DROID ONE IS REALLY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Rogue II
05-30-2002, 08:27 PM
Where is Tycho? I figured he would be celebrating about the release of another mouse droid.

And with these sets, I can finally get a helmet I need for the Han Stormtrooper I bought at a flea market for $2.

cujo fett
05-30-2002, 08:35 PM
THESE ARE AWESOME, TOO BAD I LIVE IN CANADA AND WILL NEVER SEE ONE
THANKS HASBRO!!!

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-30-2002, 09:27 PM
Is it just me, or do some of the accessories look recycled? It's about time they released the helmet drum.

Forhekset
05-30-2002, 09:28 PM

I mean I'm not asking for them to make it a solid hunk of plastic but how hard could it be to glue a bottom on it? It's almost as annoying as Hans back-less block of carbonite...:rolleyes:

Yeah, that back-less carbonite block bugs me too. :) I'd pay $6 for a nicely detailed, complete carbonite block on a card.

DarkArtist
05-30-2002, 09:28 PM
Hopefully these accessory sets will not be as hard to find as some of their past exclusives. The Hoth is cool and at least it's a different figure but I want to see an accessory set called Endor Rebel Briefing.

Generel Crix Madine
Holographic Projector with Hologram Endor and Mini Death Star

C'Mon I mean we got Mon Mothma, Mon Calamari General and Admiral Ackbar. Now we need the rest.........

HAK
05-30-2002, 09:42 PM
well they look pretty darn good if you ask me- ill prolly buy quite a few of them if i get the chance. my question is:are they planning on releasing any more of them? thanks

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-30-2002, 10:02 PM
Those Imperial Blasters better not be rubber.

ishi tib
05-30-2002, 10:12 PM
I think they look pretty nice, but I wish they had used the Deluxe Hoth trooper head instead of the bearded guy, I guess I'll have to customize it myself.

MikeAndTheBots
05-30-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Hasbro'sBountyHunter
Those Imperial Blasters better not be rubber.
I think they're POTF2 blasters from the look of it so they are prolly a harder plastic than the POTJ stuff.

AT-AT Man
05-30-2002, 10:14 PM
i will definately buy like 4-5 arena sets, and 2-3 endor sets, the others i will pas on cause they look like crap IMO. well what else is ther to say bout the arena set, 2 lightsabers, what looks like an anti aircraft backpack for the battledroid and more jango accesories, also hand friggin cuffs. I think these will be the hardest to find IMO again.

figrin bran
05-30-2002, 10:46 PM
hopefully there will be enough of the sets to go around for all the Burbank Target frequenters.

RooJay
05-31-2002, 12:08 AM
I think they're all pretty cool, though the Hoth set seems to me to be the weak one; too distinct of a face in my opinion and not enough cool accessories. I can do without that little tank thingie. Hopefully Hasbro will produce enough of these things to go around! I'd hate to see these go the way of the last series of Ep. 1 accessory packs! Never did see a one of those suckers in the stores! I'd also like to see a lot more of these. Howabout a couple of Naboo sets (Royal Guard and Foot Soldier), maybe a Cantina set, a Snowtrooper or Imperial Hoth set, perhaps a Mon Calamari and Ewok set, a Stormtrooper set would also be nice (and give us all yet another shot at a Commtech trooper!) or perhaps a sandtrooper set, a Rebel pilot set, a Jedi set (would be a cool way for Hasbro to offer us a generic Arena Jedi), and so on, and so forth! I'm liking this new concept of accessory packs a lot! This is the way they should've been doing it all along!

RooJay
05-31-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by DarkArtist
Hopefully these accessory sets will not be as hard to find as some of their past exclusives. The Hoth is cool and at least it's a different figure but I want to see an accessory set called Endor Rebel Briefing.

Generel Crix Madine
Holographic Projector with Hologram Endor and Mini Death Star

C'Mon I mean we got Mon Mothma, Mon Calamari General and Admiral Ackbar. Now we need the rest.........

I like that idea, but I think that'd constitute more of a Deluxe figure than an accessory pack. I like your thinking though! We certainly need a Madine!

pthfnder89
05-31-2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by RooJay

I like that idea, but I think that'd constitute more of a Deluxe figure than an accessory pack. I like your thinking though! We certainly need a Madine!

That WOULD make an awesom Deluxe figure! I huge, complete Death Star hologram with base and Madine. *drool*....:D

LTBasker
05-31-2002, 02:30 AM
While I like the fact they're being made, it's kinda a big let-down that we're paying $10 for re-hashed stuff that is inaccurate or just should've been redone. Like the mouse droid for instance, and the POTF2 stormtrooper helmet, the cuffs from the Jabba "3D" cardboard set, the Luke body w/ new head (looks like the head from the 'generic' Hoth Trooper that was carded). Since they're re-hasing bodies, why could they not make them 2-packs? Would've been much better. I guess the Endor Victory set and the Death Star Trooper set are the best though (even if we really needed more articulation on them both and more neutral poses) especially the Endor set with the AT-ST Driver and the AT-AT Commander removeable helmets (AT-AT Commander is at the top) plus considering the Biker Scout and DS Trooper were quite rare for many people.

The little droid things with launching missiles are kinda dissapointing though, the Battle Droid one mostly, I wish they would've made it the dwarf spider droid instead. A hollowed out Clone helmet would've also been a plus instead of the Jango helmet which we don't really need an army of. :D

I just hope TARGET doesn't treat them like the deluxe figs with over-pricing them, although they probably will and they're most likely treat these like limited editions even though they should go somewhere more "kiddy" like TRU.

JediTricks
05-31-2002, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by mista_carrot
Love the sets, but am I the only one who simply hates the POTF2 versions of the Imperial blaster? It's so big and out of scale with the figures! Why not use the POTJ versions which are more accurate?? I guess Hasbro just had a huge pile of these things are trying to get rid of em. YES! It's exactly what I came here to say, I think these are really creative sets, interesting and I know I'll buy multiples of each if I get the opportunity, but why are we seeing a stormtrooper belt with working scale holster when the included blasters are these 7-year-old gigantor blasters?!? I would buy a dozen of the Death Star one if only it came with 3 of the POTJ Stormtrooper blasters that are accurate to scale instead of these oversized dinosaurs.

MikeAndTheBots and Forhekset, I totally agree with you on this mouse droid thing! That mouse droid is around 3 times the size it should be, maybe more. I think the original mouse droid prop was made from an R/C car and the hollowed out foot of an R2-D2, so it should be the same SIZE as the foot of a POTJ/SAGA Astromech droid instead of being larger than Yoda.

JJB, I don't buy that choking hazard excuse - I believe that's what Hasbro might believe, but when they're releasing figures like Captain Typho come with helmets that should be about the same size as a mouse droid, there's no way they can claim it's still a choking hazard risk that they're unwilling to take.

BTW, I think Target is getting all of these exclusives because Target almost stopped doing business with Hasbro after the Target exclusive 12" figures debacle of '97 or '98, Target made noises like they were gonna simply thin out their Hasbro orders and order the bare minimum after that disaster, so Hasbro offered them plum exclusives to make up for that.

LTBasker
05-31-2002, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
YES! It's exactly what I came here to say, I think these are really creative sets, interesting and I know I'll buy multiples of each if I get the opportunity, but why are we seeing a stormtrooper belt with working scale holster when the included blasters are these 7-year-old gigantor blasters?!? I would buy a dozen of the Death Star one if only it came with 3 of the POTJ Stormtrooper blasters that are accurate to scale instead of these oversized dinosaurs.

I prefer the huge blasters, they actually seem more accurate in detail and plus the CTC Stormtroopers can't hold the tiny little POTJ blasters very well. (plus it looks like they stole their kids' blasters. :p ) Might want to try exchanging the holster on the DS Escape Han with a holster from that pack, unfortunately he would probably look goofy with it. Maybe cut off the holster and glue it onto the POTJ Sandtrooper's waist so he can finally holster his blaster like he should've been able to.

Maximilian Veers
05-31-2002, 07:13 AM
I love those,but how can an european get his hands on one of those packs?

AT-AT Man
05-31-2002, 07:50 AM
doe s anyone think they got that anti aircraft battle droid from the game galactic battlrgrounds, because there was one on that game.

Jargo
05-31-2002, 08:05 AM
stupid stupid exclusives. American exclusives - again. :rolleyes:

The Hoth one doesn't do a thing for me. The arena one is cool for having a brown battle droid and the backpack thing is interesting. Is that a lump of plastic rock down in the bottom left corner? Nice..... :confused:
The endor one should pack with a clean biker scout not the paint ball trooper. but the xylophone accessory while not accurate is at least going some way to answering some of our requests. The helmets seem weirdly small and thin like they're made of poopy rubber the same as jango's helmet that packed with Boba Fett KE.
The DS trooper is a disappointing pack. The could at least have changed his running for the toilet pose and straightened them out.
But at the end of the day I'm not getting too worked up about these because I'll doubtless never see them in the UK except at scalper stores. But if I do I'll be spending money on the Endor and arena sets and leaving the other two on the pegs.

JEDIpartner
05-31-2002, 09:35 AM
I'm probably only going to get the ARENA and DEATH STAR ones... and the ENDOR one if it's still around after a few months. I never got the DS Trooper and, while not completely "perfect", it beats the heck out of the vintage version.

I think people are being overly critical of these sets. I'm sure a good portion of these things were made up of pre-produced things they cobbled together out of some "overproduced" part bins. At least they tried.

187-Maul
05-31-2002, 09:42 AM
I'll probably buy the Death Star set for the blasters and the droids(and the trooper is ok too:D )
I would buy the arena set definetly if it would be a normal white BD instead of these ugly red ones but maybe I'll get it on clearence because of the lightsabers
and the Endor set because of the biker scout (still haven't got any)
the hoth set sucks IMO

JEDIpartner
05-31-2002, 09:58 AM
Ummmm... the "ugly" red ones are in the film. If you want the white ones... why don't you just go get the ones that are one the pegs now?

Darth Cruel
05-31-2002, 11:29 AM
It is definitely about time. I hope they sell well enough for Hasbro to see a huge profitability. I will most certainly get all of them.

I like the oxygen masks in the Hoth set. I have always thought that was one of the coolest accessories they ever included in the figures even as far back as 20-some-odd years ago when they first came out in the mail-away offer (does anyone else see the similarity in the hoth pack and the vintage mail-away offer?) The only Hoth accessory I still want is a grappling hook gun done with the same type of magnets they are using on the severed limb gimmicks now.

All of the accessories in the DS one are cool. My only complaint is that the Stormy blasters are the old oversized ones. I was hoping to convert all of my opened figures that have the large stormy blasters to the newer, better scaled ones. Looks like I will be waiting a while longer to do that. I also wish they had added the rebel fleet trooper style blaster so that I could give the DSTs the correct weapon.

I hope those helmets on the Ewoks' Imperial Headgearaphone are removable or it seems to me that a lot of customizers are going to be disappointed. Still another great accessory pack.

And of course the arena battle pack is the best one. I like the extra lightsabers, handcuffs, and the appearant shoulder rocket launcher is cool as well.

Nataku
05-31-2002, 11:58 AM

I mean I'm not asking for them to make it a solid hunk of plastic but how hard could it be to glue a bottom on it? It's almost as annoying as Hans back-less block of carbonite... :rolleyes:

Hey,

check out the card back pictures at americandreamcomics.com

http://209.164.108.241/index.php?itemid=32

I think you'll be surprised about a few things... like the following quote from the back of the Death Star set:

"To activate motorized feature on mouse droid, pull back on a hard flat surface and release"

So, not only does it finally have a bottom, but it has WHEELS too!

Maybe there is hope for Hasbro after all... ?

Nataku

Rogue II
05-31-2002, 12:25 PM
Thanks for posting that.

So that tan thing next to the Biker Scout is a trench coat. Sounds like that might go with the new Endor Han Solo.

LTBasker
05-31-2002, 12:29 PM
Nah.... :p I guess the mouse droid isn't so bad then, and if it's anything compared to R4-M9's mouse droid, I'm sure Tycho will give'em a profit. ;)

Hopefully those helmets are sized with figure heads, definitely wouldn't mind making removeable helmet AT-ST and AT-AT commanders. Now if only they could get the TIE Pilot helmets in somehow.... :D

The red Battle Droid looks like the Boomer Damaged Battle Droid but with it's hand straightened out, or it's the same mold as the one on the pegs now and I just don't know what it looks like in that pose. :D

Upon closer inspection, the head on the Luke Hoth body IS the Hoth Commander figure from the POTF2 line, now it looks so alien on that body. :D Oh well, not a terrible thing I guess though, at least it's accurate for scenes unlike Hoth Han, but it would've been good with the body of the solider from the Deluxe set. The little turret thing is kinda cool, a tiny army of'em should look interesting next to my vintage MLC-3.

I'll be most likely getting them all cause even though there are downsides to them like pretty much everything being rehashed, they're still quite interesting sets - and how else are you gonna get spare blasters for your CTC Stormies plus get multiples of a figure that look ok being in large groups of for Imp. Dioramas?

Wonder what accessories they're gonna use for the FC exclusive Endor Rebel Trooper accessory set, or is that set the Endor Trooper 4-Pack?

One other thing about the DS Trooper set. The rack that it comes with for the blasters is actually useful, plus I think it was actually in the movie.

Jargo
05-31-2002, 02:36 PM
That big dark blob thing in the bottom left corner of the arena pack is a Jedi robe. So that might actually work better than the one with jedi starfighter pilot Obi which is big and woolly and tent like. maybe this one is the one that came with the episode one accessory packs which was actually quite good.

But I still don't know if any European retailers or etailers will get these things at all. Hasbro UK are full of it. The website they sety up for collectors is crap. They had an article today saying that the tie bober had been shipped to the UK and was with retailers now but not with large chains just with independent stores. And they couldn't say which ones because they didn't know as the tie bombers hadn't been shipped by hasbro........ :confused: What the frick is going on in the UK? And they wonder why I moan.........

Magnolia-Fan
06-02-2002, 01:48 PM
Does anyone know if the three helmets on the ewok drum set can be removed and put on figures, or are they pemanently molded to the drum set?

Brett3xmvpfavre
06-02-2002, 02:07 PM
Hey i have an idea they should make on with watto and junk from his shop! and a yoda with jedi traning acessorys. or an R2-D2 with all that crap luke broughty to dagobah! oh man endless posibilities *dies of excitement*

Rogue II
06-02-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Brett3xmvpfavre
Hey i have an idea they should make on with watto and junk from his shop! and a yoda with jedi traning acessorys. or an R2-D2 with all that crap luke broughty to dagobah! oh man endless posibilities *dies of excitement*

R2 with all of Luke's crap comes with the upcoming X-Wing.

mylow thehutt
06-02-2002, 07:05 PM
I think in the holth pack it comes with 2 cargo nets for the new chewy/3PO figure comming out.next too that cannon.

LTBasker
06-02-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by mylow thehutt
I think in the holth pack it comes with 2 cargo nets for the new chewy/3PO figure comming out.next too that cannon.

Those are tank treads, the cannon is mobile. The new Chewie will come with it's own net. Dunno what that box thing is next to the cannon though, probably some sort of storage compartment or something.

Beast
06-02-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Those are tank treads, the cannon is mobile. The new Chewie will come with it's own net. Dunno what that box thing is next to the cannon though, probably some sort of storage compartment or something.
According to the back of the cards, it's a power box. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
06-03-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
That big dark blob thing in the bottom left corner of the arena pack is a Jedi robe. So that might actually work better than the one with jedi starfighter pilot Obi which is big and woolly and tent like. maybe this one is the one that came with the episode one accessory packs which was actually quite good.

Ugh... NO! PI hope to God I NEVER see one of those Ep1 robes agian. They were poorly stitched, the hoods were ways to small, and they had SHORT SLEEVES! :rolleyes: They were awful, particularly considering how much I was looking forward to them.

Now that I know the new Geonosis set will come with a robe I'm going to have to up my count to at least 5! Can't wait!:)

pthfnder89
06-03-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Magnolia-Fan
Does anyone know if the three helmets on the ewok drum set can be removed and put on figures, or are they pemanently molded to the drum set?

I almost guarantee you that the whole xylaphone is one big molded piece.

Why? Well it would be a lot more expensive for Hasbro to mold seperate hollow helmets and then just glue them on. Molding the whole thing as one piece saves them a lot of time and money.

AT-AT Man
06-03-2002, 12:00 PM
hey Jar Jar do you have a picture of the back pf the cards.

Beast
06-03-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by AT-AT Man
hey Jar Jar do you have a picture of the back pf the cards.
Sure do, I'll attach them next following posts. Enjoy!

Death Star Accessory Set:

Beast
06-03-2002, 01:12 PM
Hoth Survival:

Beast
06-03-2002, 01:15 PM
Endor Victory:

Beast
06-03-2002, 01:19 PM
Arena Conflict:

stillakid
06-03-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Lman316
I don't know....they look all right. I would have figured that more people would be mocking these a little bit.

I mean, for the Death Star set, everything seems okay, but who really needs another huge mouse droid (that it seems that no one likes anyway) or an old Stormtrooper helmet - I guess that's for customizers, but the new CommTech version would have been better. Just a way to save money, I suppose.

As everyone has stated, the Hoth one looks like crap. I knew immediately that that was a Luke Hoth figure with a different head, and a few of those accessories just don't make sense - is that like a little tank or something? And are those the little breathers from the Mynock Hunt?

The Endor one looks okay, the empty helmets here must be for customizers too and we get the same old Stormtrooper helmet instead of a good CommTech one. And I was under the impression that the xylophone was longer than that, with more helmets, but it still looks pretty good - it even comes with the drumsticks, lol (I think that's what those are :D). But one thing that bothers me is what it's called: Endor Victory. If it's a victory, why did they include a Scout Trooper? :P (Probably because we already got a new Endor Trooper out).

But the best out of all of these has to be the Arena. I actually think this one looks good, but I just don't get why they put all that Jango stuff in there: his helmet and his two blasters. You could just take the stuff from the Boba figure if you were that intent on displaying that part of the movie :crazed:

Wow, that's a lot of complaining...er...but I'll still be picking all of these up. Like I said, they look all right, but I just think they could have done a little better, that's all. So, don't everyone start yelling at me for complaining. I'm just offering my opinion on the sets, that's all :)

You just saved me about 10 minutes of typing! Thanks!