PDA

View Full Version : Will Anakin bring someone back from the dead in Ep3?

jblodgett
05-30-2002, 03:01 PM
In AOTC, during his confession scene with Padme, Anakin makes the comment that he should be able to bring somebody back from the dead, and someday he would be powerful enough to do just that.

Do you think it is possible that Ep3 may have Anakin bringing someone- possibly Padme- back from the dead?

Jedi Clint
05-30-2002, 03:12 PM
Perhaps himself.

Jonna
05-30-2002, 03:24 PM
Gee, I hope whatever he reanimates has a craving for brains.

Jedi Clint
05-30-2002, 03:39 PM
"Brains make being dead hurt less." At least I think that is what it said?

scruffziller
05-30-2002, 03:45 PM
No he said he would be able to stop people from dying. I know he said that, wether he said the other as well, I'll have to watch again.

Jedi Clint
05-30-2002, 03:53 PM
My previous quote came from Return of the Living Dead.

Jonna
05-30-2002, 03:54 PM
I like Day of the Dead the best!!! Dawn of the Dead is second in line.

Jedi Clint
05-30-2002, 04:07 PM
I really need to catch up on my "..of the Dead"s. I've seen the original B and W Romero flick, and ROTLD. ROTLD is my favorite because I can remember being horrified by it as a kid, and I love the sheer "80s"ness of it :D

chris
06-01-2002, 05:48 PM
If he bring anyone back(or stops anyone from dying), it would be himself

scruffziller
06-01-2002, 05:57 PM
True True

The Chosen One
06-01-2002, 06:03 PM
I think he will bring himself back to life..think about it...how is he gonna get those big injuries? he will msot likely die, and then come back. Another thing...in return Of The Jedi, Luke and Yoda have a conversation " Master Yoda, you can't die.....Strong am I in the force....but not that strong.." And who's the only person stronger than Yoda? Anakin.

MikeAndTheBots
06-01-2002, 06:21 PM
I think that when he says he will stop people from dying, he means himself. He also says he's good at fixing things. And he is good at building things. Anyone think this is foreshadowing that after he is almost killed he fixes himself and keeps himself alive through a suit of armor or his own creation?

El Chuxter
06-04-2002, 03:20 PM
Don't forget that he stops Luke from dying in ROTJ. I think that's what the line refers to.

Geonosian
06-05-2002, 09:26 AM
Maybe Qui-gon??

icatch9
06-05-2002, 09:59 AM
I could of just been kooky talk. I mean he was very upset, and not thinking very straight. Rember in TPM he says he's going to be the first person to visit every system. I doubt he'll do that either.

Still bringing himself back to life would be cool, but I've got a better one. He's the one who figures out how to bring back Jedi as a spirit. You know like old Obi Wan and Yoda. He could bring back Qui Gon somehow and he's the first to figure it out, and then passes it on to Obi Wan and Yoda.

SQueek
06-05-2002, 11:48 AM
just to make myself feel special, i personaly know tom savini who did all the make up stuff for the "zombie" movies, and he also plays a biker in dawn of the dead(gets shot and falls over the railing). anyways i also know his daughter, who is a slut, but thats another story.

saladin
06-05-2002, 02:35 PM
maybe he tries to bring padme back but when he can't they anger growns in him.

Jonna
06-05-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by saladin
maybe he tries to bring padme back but when he can't they anger growns in him.

If Padme is dead, then how does Luke and Leia come into the picture without Vader knowing about them? It just doesn't float.:Pirate:

2-1B
06-08-2002, 12:39 PM
I think the tragedy here is that Anakin wants to do good and keep people from dying, but he will fail and instead become an incredibly destructive force.
I do agree that the line also reflects on his saving Luke from the Emperor, but I like to think of it as a vastly unfulfilled prophecy. :(

Laserbrain
06-08-2002, 06:04 PM
Yeah Caesar, that's the Prince Hal of the Orthello angle. Gotta be sacrifices. Too bad Anakin couldn't cast out Palpatine like he was Falstaff, but then I really can't see Palpy dressed as the fat lady who ran the bar downtown....

The quote was "find a way to prevent death." I think Anakin was foreshadowing his own life support breather thingy when he said that. No Jedi has the power to bring anyone back from the dead, or we would have at least foreseen it by now ;)

2-1B
06-09-2002, 01:52 AM
When does he say he will "find a way to prevent death" ? :confused:

In the movie he tells Padme, "I will even learn to stop people from dying."

Jedi Clint
06-09-2002, 06:29 PM
Seems more like he finds a new way to kill them. *choke* How ironic.