PDA

View Full Version : If not a new triliogy TV movie or series.

scruffziller
05-30-2002, 08:11 PM
I think it would go over well, I really enjoyed the Ewok movies. It would give McGregor and Hayden or perhaps Hamill's and Fisher's career some established careers, hey if your going to be typecasted, make a career out of it.

Dryanta
05-30-2002, 08:27 PM
While the idea is appealing,I hope not.I can just imagine some of the half wit TV writers they'd have screwing everything all up.
Be worse than some of the complaints I've heard about the EU

Mandalorian Candidat
05-30-2002, 11:24 PM
While I would relish the possibility of a TV show set in the SW universe, I could see it being a big letdown since it wouldn't be on the same scale as the movies.

I like the possibility of a "Tales of the Jedi" or "Tales from Coruscant" of different aliens, jedi, bounty hunters, etc. in an anthology series kind of like Outer Limits.

jjreason
05-31-2002, 02:58 AM
I could go for non-serialized stand alone movies, but I don't know if a TV series could get it done. I think they'd sell a whack of ads for a Star Wars show, so they could probably afford lots of effects... I don't know if the TV execs would allow GL to have the 100% control over every little thing that he seems to need to have.
Any Star Wars stuff is better than everything else, so I'd be game for ANY new form of SW entertainment.

Eternal Padawan
05-31-2002, 08:39 AM
If they did huge mini-series like Band of Brothers and From the Earth to the Moon on HBO, George could have it the way he wants, I bet. It would also save us from the tediousness of a weekly show when the writers ran out of good ideas. We'd only have shows when they had something to show. What would it be about? here are a few ideas.

A show following a Padawan Qui Gon and his Master Dooku.
A show following a young Han Solo and Chewbacca
Rogue Squadron: The Series
Jedi Academy. featuring Mark Hamill as an aging Skywalker training the next generation of Jedi.
Fully CGI adaptations of some of the better novels (like Shadows of the Empire or the Zahn novels.)

This is all a pipe dream of course. It wouldn't live up to our expectations and Star Wars would become Star Trek.

LTBasker
05-31-2002, 01:15 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a show like Imperial or Rebel Chronicals but it would probably get a little too over done like several series that are out today and be way too over-hyped by the media plus then there are the stars of the show who would probably get a little too much recognition even if they did a horrible job, plus then thered probably be people saying that it's just trying to copy Star Trek. I think cartoon/CGI series would be kinda cool though, like a Rogue Squadron series, would be especially cool if they could get Denis Lawson to do Wedge throughout the show and have the trilogy actors do their voices for whenever an episode would come up with them in it.

All in all though, even if George doesn't want to do a third trilogy, I wish he'd at least do SOTE to end it off.

Jonna
05-31-2002, 01:23 PM
GOD NO!!! Did we all forget so soon The Ewok Adventure or whatever the hell it was called! I don't know what is it but mini-series seem to really suck. I was really disapointed with The Stand. The Dune one last year wasn't that bad though.

Jayspawn
05-31-2002, 01:39 PM
It's a neat idea, but I think Dryanta is right. Some writers would try too hard to tie them into the movies and screw things up.

wedgeA
05-31-2002, 03:06 PM
I don't care for the idea of Star Wars moving to TV in any format. The saga was made for the big screen, and something will be lost bringing it to TV. If GL does not want to spend the time to do another trilogy, maybe he should just do a stand alone Episode VII. Everyone seems to think that any film sequel to the saga needs to be another trilogy, but that does not have to be the case.

steve3p0
05-31-2002, 08:18 PM
while the movies end after the completion of e3, George Lucas has left the door open for tv shows. i would love to see the expanded universe idea brought to television.

DarthBrandon
05-31-2002, 08:24 PM
No NO NOOOOOOOOOO, leave it after the movies are over. If they do not, they will be milked just like Star Trek was. They could possibly ruin the film series themselves.

LTBasker
06-01-2002, 10:44 AM
True, look at that Rick Berman has done with Star Trek, think of what Rick McCallum would do. :evil: :stupid: :Pirate:

I'd kinda be happy with just SOTE, even if it wasn't made as high quality as the trilogys, it would be a nice send off and probabyl wouldn't take as long since the script wouldn't really need to be written from scratch but I doubt Lucas would really make it considering it's pure EU.

Btw, Lucas has stated some years ago in an interview that he's made it to where NO ONE else can make a SW movie, even when he's dead. Which is kinda a shame cause while he doesn't want to do the third trilogy since he wants to spend more time with his family since he's really getting up there, I wonder what Spielberg could do if he wanted to do a SW trilogy?