PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours

DarkArtist
05-30-2002, 09:20 PM
Ever since I worked at the Star Tours ride back in 1996, yes I was one of the Rebel Technicians that gave that famous line just before blastoff, "May the Force be with, Cause I won't." I have been craving figures and even the transport ship from that ride.
If Hasbro does release these figures hopefully the shuttle will not be far behind.:D

figrin bran
05-30-2002, 10:35 PM
i was actually at disneyland a few days ago and found these little wind ups of the Starspeeder. the paint jobs weren't that great though and so i passed on them. those droid figures look promising, however.

Jedi Juice
05-30-2002, 11:23 PM
It would be awesome if they came out with the exclusive figures, but it would be difficult for me to get those since I live in New Orleans!

RooJay
05-31-2002, 12:17 AM
I'm going to start praying every night for a Star Tours Transport vehicle with an exclusive R2 (or maybe some exclusive passenger figures)! Of course, I'll also have to remember to pray that everyone who wants one has the chance to get one for a decent price!:D I'm thinking Fan Club and or Disneyland Website.

pthfnder89
05-31-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by RooJay
I'm going to start praying every night for a Star Tours Transport vehicle with an exclusive R2 (or maybe some exclusive passenger figures)! Of course, I'll also have to remember to pray that everyone who wants one has the chance to get one for a decent price!:D I'm thinking Fan Club and or Disneyland Website.

I can't bring myself to hold my breath for a Speeder, but that would be awesome.

I'm just happy about the figs though. Can't wait to pick a few up!:)

fourtwo
05-31-2002, 02:12 AM
man that ride was fun.
i got to ride it twice in a row when i was there.
its still the high light of the trip in my eyes

JediTricks
05-31-2002, 02:36 AM
I've been waiting for these for... oh my goodness, 15 years!!! I can't wait to have these!

BTW, the action-fleet-sized pull-back Starspeeder 3000 is fantastic, one of my favorite toys.

fourtwo
05-31-2002, 02:54 AM
got an extra one of those jeditricks?
:D

JediTricks
05-31-2002, 03:18 AM
I'm afraid the only extra one I have is promised to Warstar, sorry 42. I sent out over a dozen of them when they first came out, but I haven't seen 'em lately.

eliwankenobi
05-31-2002, 11:38 AM
Hey DarkArtist! Nice to see a fellow Star Tours RO on the boards. I worked on the ST in CA from '95-'98. That was my fave attraction to work cuz I could really immerse myself in SW.

Anyway, I heard from a little mynock a little while back that there are supposed to be six ST figs coming out - eventually. They're supposed to be double-packed and available thru Disney AND the SWFC to be available to all the fans/collectors. Of course, I heard this about a year ago and anything can change. No word on a Starspeeder. Let's hope...

Mandalorian Candidat
05-31-2002, 01:37 PM
While I really like the idea of these puppies being released, I can't help but think that they'll be more scalper bait. I can just see some guy getting admission to disneyworld just to clear out the store.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they showed up on online stores. "Get your Disney exclusives here at Brian's Toys!"

I hope they put them on sale at Disneyland too. One place in the whole country is too exclusive for my taste, the GLu figure not withstanding.

187-Maul
06-01-2002, 04:06 PM
man, the last time I was in Disneland (France) the startours shop was closed for repairing or something:mad:
I wish I could have gotten some starwars souvenir

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-01-2002, 04:34 PM
I'm going to Disney World (Florida) in to weeks . . . it's a real pity they won't be out then. :cry:
It's also a pity that at Disneyland (California) the figures are ten bucks!
And it's a REAL pity that at Disneyland I got a Jedi Master Qui-Gon and not a Swimming Jar Jar . . . they did have one, just one of each. :cry::cry::cry:

scruffziller
06-24-2002, 08:08 PM
Yea I rode the Star Tours ride at Disneyland in Summer of 1988 and it was the best ride I had ever been on. That 90 minute wait was worth it. I also got a Star Tours hat. I think my mon still has it at home I'll have to dig it up.

SNAYSON
06-25-2002, 12:42 PM
i can't wait to get my hands on the 2 star tours action figures!

WesleySr
06-25-2002, 02:04 PM
Has anyone read the latest on Rebelscum.com. The were pre-ordering the figures and I called in and ordered the maximum of 5 sets. Now they posted that Disney made a mistake and these are supposed to be in-park exclusives. They are suppose to call everyone that placed a pre-order with them and cancel them. I think that is total bulls**t. It's not our fault that they screwed up and took the pre-orders, and they should not be allowed to cancel them. Shame on them, they got a bunch of my family's $$$ back in February. Now I have to spend more to get in there and buy the figures. That is a little hard considering I live in WV. A big BOOOOOOOOO goes out to Disneyland.

Master Goeweins
07-24-2002, 11:07 AM
This ride is great, but I still can't wait for them to update the ride. They were supposed to do it after the release of Ep. 1. However, Lucas pulled out on it and promised to return to it later. Whenever that is. He is notorious for being sidetracked and ignoring a fan base e created. Like this year's Star Wars Weekends. He cancelled it to pay more attention to Celebration. He finally allowed a one weekend event with no special guest stare, just so Disney could sell some of the 36 pins they had made. They even cancelled the special exclusive pins, which are usually sweet. When the one weekend was finally allowed, Disney quickly whipped up three crappy exclusives that were very dull.
Anyways, I love the ride and go on it everytime, but an update will be great!

JediTricks
07-25-2002, 03:34 AM
Not exactly how it went down. Lucas said "ILM has this much time do revamp it if we start on this date" and Disney said "that's too soon, we can't start till later" and we've been waiting ever since. I hope they have half the speeders kept to the old version though, it was the first and IMO still the best.

Pschtyckque
07-25-2002, 01:54 PM
While I was working there, there was always talk of changing the attraction. Nothing was ever confirmed. They also considered having some speeders kept the same, but that would raise the logistical nightmare of filling people's requests for certain cabins. It would have to be an all-or-nothing change.

macewindu87
07-26-2002, 02:55 PM
That would be really cool if they did happen to come out with a ST speeder, but I really doubt that's going to happen
mace:crazed:

Pschtyckque
07-26-2002, 03:02 PM
I would kill to see a scale Starspeeder made. One that the figures could sit in, with a place for Rex and an R2 unit. Sooo funny.