PDA

View Full Version : Profile Photo Upload Feature

SirSteve
09-19-2001, 06:21 PM
We have added the ability for you to upload a PHOTO of yourself that will be displayed on your Profile page. Just go to your User CP (Control Panel) and select Edit Profile. Down towards the bottom is the link.

Enjoy!

UPDATE:
After the upgrade, I forgot to put this feature back in. There will be some changes with it but it's fully functional except for the fact as it will only show up when you click the camera icon next to your username until I fix the profile page. Upload your photo now!

UPDATE #2: The picture now shows up in your profile (providing you have uploaded one).

Lobito
09-19-2001, 06:29 PM
Can we put younger versions of our photos??

bigbarada
09-19-2001, 06:47 PM
Can I post a photo of Ben Affleck and say it's me?

Lobito
09-19-2001, 07:49 PM
You will then have to change your name to Big Ben:D Naaaa...Big Barada sounds much better.;)

GNT
09-20-2001, 01:55 AM
LOL, After seeing the picture of you Steve I couldn't stop laughing :)

SirSteve
09-20-2001, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by GNT
LOL, After seeing the picture of you Steve I couldn't stop laughing :)

And what is that supposed to mean?

GNT
09-20-2001, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by SirSteve
And what is that supposed to mean?

Wouldn't you laugh at someone who has a huge :) (smile icon) as a face,funny?:D

SirSteve
09-20-2001, 08:03 AM
Gotcha. Well, I wanted something posted.

JediTricks
09-21-2001, 05:34 AM
I put the larger version of my JT logo as my pic. ;)

El Chuxter
09-21-2001, 01:35 PM
Awww, I can't upload a picture of Richard Gere! Dang! I'll have to hunt down a more suitable pic. :D

So who's taken advantage of this?

bigbarada
09-21-2001, 01:51 PM
I'm not one to let myself be photographed so I wanted to follow JT's lead and just post something I created that relates to me. But I guess that's a priviledge we mere posters cannot have.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Lobito
09-21-2001, 01:58 PM
And its only in .jpg format...i have photos but in tif. format...well, i'll find a way to convert them.:D

Fulit
09-21-2001, 02:25 PM
I uploaded mine, for all of you out there that have been dying to know what a "Fulit" looks like.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-21-2001, 09:38 PM
Again, I'd include my picture in my profile but that would cause an unnecessary surge of traffic on the site as thousands of young girls, anxious to get a glimpse of the real lbc, slow down the server as they desperately try to upload my pic. :rolleyes:

Or was it that I don't have a scanner? :(

I forget.

The_Collector
09-22-2001, 12:05 AM
Hey Steve. Are any of the other people in that pic. regular forum posters?

JediTricks
09-22-2001, 12:07 AM
I've removed my logo from my photo upload, apparently I missed the concept of this when I put my logo up there. Sorry if I caused confusion there.

Is there a filesize limit on these?

SirSteve
09-22-2001, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I've removed my logo from my photo upload, apparently I missed the concept of this when I put my logo up there. Sorry if I caused confusion there.

Got it set for 1 meg. I still have to add the header and footer to the upload page.

bigbarada
09-22-2001, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks

I was actually hoping this would work the other way around, and we'd be allowed to post logos, drawings, etc instead of photos. Oh well.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-22-2001, 11:30 AM
Me and my kind do not show up on film. Oops! I don't think I was supposed to admit that. ;) How about this? I can't post a photo because I'm in the Witless Protection Program. Better? :p

SirSteve
09-22-2001, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada

I was actually hoping this would work the other way around, and we'd be allowed to post logos, drawings, etc instead of photos. Oh well.

That is what your custom avatar is for...

bigbarada
09-22-2001, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve

That is what your custom avatar is for...

Understood. No more whining from me.

Ummm, Fulit do you find yourself running into walls a lot with your hair in front of your eyes like that?:D ;) :p :cool:

Fulit
09-22-2001, 05:35 PM
That's funny, as a matter of fact, when I was about 3 I ran into my grandparents glass screen door and everyone thought it was because my hair was in my eyes and they made me get a haircut. I haven't had that problem since then, though. :D :rolleyes:

My wife made me let her take that picture, and I don't like to be photographed, so I put my hair in front of me.;)