PDA

View Full Version : Evil Fig Versions!!!!!!!!!!!!

scruffziller
05-31-2002, 01:24 AM
The making of the charachture ,plush toy etc. versions of the characters was a mortal SIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They might as well put Barney in with the mix.

JediTricks
05-31-2002, 01:55 AM
Um... pardon?

fourtwo
05-31-2002, 02:13 AM
haha

SQueek
05-31-2002, 11:17 AM
atleast there isnt a "royal blue chewbacca" everyone is killing themselves over and paying 4grand a piece for it

Jonna
05-31-2002, 11:28 AM
You need to take in to account that these are made for the younger crowd. I personally think that they are funny but have not bought any.

billfremore
05-31-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by SQueek
atleast there isnt a "royal blue chewbacca" everyone is killing themselves over and paying 4grand a piece for it

I would find it immensely funny to see people spending that much for a "royal blue chewbacca" only to find out later they got hosed and they actually bought a cookie monster instead. :D

scruffziller
05-31-2002, 01:22 PM
I meant by charactuture the little body big head figs I could not stand either.

Jonna
05-31-2002, 01:24 PM
My bad! I thought that you were talking about the stuffed animals.

Jayspawn
05-31-2002, 01:33 PM
So you are talking about the bobble heads then right? I don't think they're that bad.

fourtwo
05-31-2002, 03:36 PM
this thread is too funny.

JON9000
05-31-2002, 03:54 PM
What was Chewie's furry counterpart in Hardware Wars? The Wookie Monster? What you would have is an ultra-rare Wookie Monster from Hardware Wars- now if we could just find Oggie Ben Doggie and Ham Salad! All of the vehicles can be found in your house- we're okay there...

scruffziller
05-31-2002, 08:19 PM
I was talking about the stuffed ones too, especially plush C3PO and R2D2 COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a disgrace. ANything else that is a perversion of their form too. I really don't like the LEGO versions either.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-31-2002, 11:10 PM
I think he was talking about the Japanese Super Deformed line that came out mid last year. I for one passed on those babies, even though sme of them looked a little cute and silly. I for one, didn't have the money nor the energy to start another line, so I gave them a pass.

InsaneJediGirl
05-31-2002, 11:14 PM
I passed as well.For 10 dollars,I didnt think it was worth my time.

However,I like the plush Starwars Toys.Geared towards little kids who might like the Starwars movies,but are too young to have action figures.

fourtwo
05-31-2002, 11:45 PM
i love those things, wish i would have got them. never even saw them in canada outside of my friends room, he got them in disney land

Dar' Argol
06-01-2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by scruffziller
I was talking about the stuffed ones too, especially plush C3PO and R2D2 COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a disgrace. ANything else that is a perversion of their form too. I really don't like the LEGO versions either.

Um . . . . . . . . dude, . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I think you might have a problem:rolleyes: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I thinks it called obsession:D.

Relax, "perversion of their form"??? I think your taking this a little too personally and to the extreme. I for one have a Salcious Crumb and a Jawa stuffed . . . . . . . .things. And I wanted to get the super deformed stormie and Boba Fett, but I missed out on them:(. Do you think then that the Bendies are wrong?? What about the old SW carrying Cases in the forms of Vader and C-3PO??? What about 3PO's cereal??? Mico Machines??? Heck, if you want to talk "Perversion of their form" then you should not even collect the figs, instead only collect the life size statues. Since that is the only thing that truely looks like the character, that is the only way to go!:D

Take it easy, its only a movie, and their only toys, for CHILDREN!!!!!:eek:

InsaneJediGirl
06-02-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol

Um . . . . . . . . dude, . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I think you might have a problem:rolleyes: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I thinks it called obsession:D.

Relax, "perversion of their form"??? I think your taking this a little too personally and to the extreme. I for one have a Salcious Crumb and a Jawa stuffed . . . . . . . .things. And I wanted to get the super deformed stormie and Boba Fett, but I missed out on them:(. Do you think then that the Bendies are wrong?? What about the old SW carrying Cases in the forms of Vader and C-3PO??? What about 3PO's cereal??? Mico Machines??? Heck, if you want to talk "Perversion of their form" then you should not even collect the figs, instead only collect the life size statues. Since that is the only thing that truely looks like the character, that is the only way to go!:D

Take it easy, its only a movie, and their only toys, for CHILDREN!!!!!:eek:

Well said Dar'Argol!!:D

"Perversion of their form"??I dont see whats wrong with spins offs,most a pretty cool ones at that.

LTBasker
06-02-2002, 03:36 PM
The LEGO 3PO was pretty good actually. :D And the R2 isn't bad, considering theres not a whole lot they can do with it since it's a kid's LEGO line and not McFarlene. ;)

The bendies were interesting, I still have some of them. While they aren't as good as the figures, they were pretty fun until the figures came out, and I still think the cloth cape was a big plus on Vader, plus they came out with some interesting characters that were a little unexpected like Ackbar.

fourtwo
06-02-2002, 04:36 PM
lego is great!

scruffziller
06-02-2002, 11:53 PM
I am not a kid but an x-avid collector who is an adult. X-avid because I got too much in debt. Yes I am obsessed and have problems, this forum is the only other thing THAT GIVES ME JOY!!
Oh come on I just like killing time on this thing with any little thought that crosses my mind. I am trying to put in as many posts as I can so I can rise to JEDI MASTER AND BEYOND ON THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SQueek
06-03-2002, 08:22 PM
seriously the only neet one was the wampa, they had one right? if they didnt they should of

ive always considered my 12' wampa as my starwars style teddy bear...lol jk