PDA

View Full Version : 'AOTC' Won! Now which of these THREE is your favorite SW movie?

Tycho
05-31-2002, 04:09 AM
You wanted it, and you've got it: a way to rank the movies.

Our previous polls asked you to pick a favorite of all the films out there now. You picked THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK!

But that did not RANK the movies as to which of them is our favorites "By What Order!"

Since a majority of the voters picked "Empire," we still had no idea what their next favorite movie was.

So then you chose amongst these:

The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
A New Hope
Return of the Jedi

Attack of the Clones won the next round!

A majority of those voting ranked "Clones" their second favorite Star Wars movie!

Now we're going to find out which movie comes in next?

The Phantom Menace
A New Hope
Return of the Jedi

Select your favorite and please post a quick note which one you chose at the very least. And the discussion continues...

bigbarada
05-31-2002, 04:22 AM
I pick ANH, as I mentioned earlier, ANH jumped to number 2 on my personal favorite list just below AOTC. ESB, TPM and ROTJ get 3rd, 4th and 5th respectively.

Pendo
05-31-2002, 06:52 AM
ANH should have won the last one so I'll have to vote for it in this one too. AOTC would have been my 3rd favourite.

PENDO!

stormie
05-31-2002, 12:01 PM
I'm beginning to sound like a broken record (or CD if you prefer), but I gotta go with ANH...again. Hopefully it'll win this round at least! ANH was always my favorite, followed, in order, by ESB, ROTJ, AOTC, and TPM. What can I say, I like to live in the past! :D

2-1B
05-31-2002, 12:45 PM
I'm the first to vote ROTJ ! :D
ANH is a "better" film, but ROTJ is my favorite of the two! Mature Luke, the father / son reconciliation, Lando ! Yoda ! the Emperor . . .

Jonna
05-31-2002, 01:05 PM
I voted for A New Hope last time and I'll do it again. It is just a classic.

Battle Droid
05-31-2002, 06:36 PM
ROTJ, my fav. SW film after AOTC.

JediTricks
06-01-2002, 12:19 AM
ANH is still my favorite. It seems like the 2nd poll's votes are very similar to the first poll's votes, only without ESB in the running. The graphs are very similar.

Jason B
06-01-2002, 12:36 AM
I like RotJ, and i probably will like Episode 3, because a lot happens (or has to happen ;)) in these movies.

Tycho
06-01-2002, 12:53 AM
Yes JediTricks, I'd agree with you.

Although I'd expect to see ANH and ROTJ battle it out much more fiercely in this poll.

I think what we're seeing here is

1) people only really cared which was the best (Empire) of course. Though that was the only poll advertised on the main site.

2) people who really like ANH better than Jedi were very impressed with Attack of the Clones and supported it as the next best. Now that they are free to vote amongst these three, nostalgia, combined with a lot of things like the set locations to the absence of Ewoks, to a larger role for Ben Kenobi and a totally ferocious Darth Vader all combine to make ANH an all-time fan favorite.

But it is interesting to note that certain movies probably have their die-hard supporters and the top 3 can remain unchanged even when pitted against each other.

Of course this contest is far from over and ROTJ can move ahead, but I tend to doubt it. TPM is getting so few votes that it may be an exercise in redundancy to pit it against ROTJ should ANH take this and it be all over.

Darth Grifter
06-01-2002, 05:17 PM
I agree that the real battle was over with the first poll to see who was first. I am pretty happy with the poll so far in that I voted AOTC #1 and it came in #2...So, overall not bad.

This round, I voted for ANH. This was the movie that started everything and is in many ways a great movie. Introduction of the characters, their plots, their struggles, etc. It was #3 on my list from the beginning.

sir wilbur copeland
06-01-2002, 10:03 PM
I think it's so cool that we can all love these movies for so many different reasons! This site is so cool. I just found it 2 days ago, and I'm hooked.

"Bring 'em on. I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around."

stillakid
06-01-2002, 10:38 PM
ANH is STILL the best movie out there, no matter what the polls say. ;)

2-1B
06-01-2002, 11:37 PM
I told a co-worker that even though I enjoyed TPM, I rank it 6th out of all 5 films. That brought on a confused look! :D

SithDroid
06-02-2002, 12:47 AM
Well Since ANH didn't win the last one (which it should have), then I think it will win this one. It looks like pretty much everyone agrees (judging by the last poll and this one so far) that TPM is the least favorite.

Darth_Vader
06-02-2002, 01:20 AM
My order of favorites is as follows:
ESB
AOTC
ROTJ
ANH
TPM

It's just somthin' about Empire...

saladin
06-02-2002, 01:24 AM
a new hope is the basis for evry thing

Lman316
06-02-2002, 11:58 PM
Even though it probably won't win, I picked Return of the Jedi. That is my second favorite in the Saga - I just finally decided AOTC is my favorite.
But I just like everything about ROTJ. I like the fact it was the first time we ever saw a green lightsaber; we got a better lightsaber duel; Vader's redemption; actually get to see the Emperor in action (something we've yet to see in any other film so far); Ewoks! ; Chewie doing the Tarzan yell; the Rancor...there's just so much cool stuff in ROTJ and that's why mesa picked it for this poll.

End :happy:.

Rogue II
06-04-2002, 01:36 PM
ANH is my favorite next to ESB. I'll have to watch ATOC a few more times before I like it better than ROTJ.

I wonder how much of classic trilogy GL will change for the DVD release and how that will effect their rankings. Tycho, you are going to have to repeat this poll in 2006.

Tycho
06-09-2002, 06:42 PM
A New Hope won by a pretty solid lead now that all the votes are in.

The Phantom Menace did so poorly in all of our polls that I don't think it's necessary to have a run-off between TPM and Return of the Jedi.

I think the readers here have spoken and they have ranked the films:

#1) The Empire Strikes Back
#2) Attack of the Clones
#3) A New Hope
#4) Return of the Jedi
#5) The Phantom Menace

Of course any of these films merits it being YOUR personal favorite and each of us may have individual preferences for how we'd rank the films. This just told us how the majority of our readers would've voted via the survey samples that we got.

Hoped you enjoyed discussing these movies and in the interest of seeing how "Clones" stands the test of time, we'll run a poll similar to this one in November of 2003 - one year after all of you have had your chance to play the Clones DVD 100 times and see how you rate the movie then - when you can watch it over and over again.

JediTricks
06-09-2002, 06:44 PM
This is just a personal thing, but I'd like to see those 2 square off!

2-1B
06-09-2002, 08:54 PM
Sure, I'd vote in a runoff. I do agree that ROTJ will "win", but it would be interesting to see how many people vote. There was obviously a dropoff in voting totals from poll to poll, let's see how many people will see it through to conclusion.
I'll vote. :)

stillakid
06-09-2002, 11:53 PM
Heck why not? We've already seen how silly people can be. ;) Let's see if it continues on through to the end...

bigbarada
06-10-2002, 06:42 AM
Well, I changed my mind again and I want to re-rank all the films as:

1. ROTJ
2. AOTC
3. ANH
4. ESB
5. TPM

So, am I silly or just wishy-washy?:p

I wouldn't mind seeing TPM and ROTJ in a run off. We all pretty much know that ROTJ will win and I would probably vote for it over TPM at this point but I can't speak for tomorrow.:)

2-1B
06-10-2002, 12:37 PM
Hey B, I thought you don't care much for ROTJ? :confused:
At least, that's been my impression . . . curious. :D

bigbarada
06-10-2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Hey B, I thought you don't care much for ROTJ? :confused:
At least, that's been my impression . . . curious. :D

Well, I realized that I didn't really start considering ROTJ to be the worst of the movies until after the Special Editions. It used to be my favorite as a kid, even though many plot points irritated me. After rewatching the non-SE version of ROTJ this weekend I realized how much I loved this movie, imperfect as it is. I think the SEs managed to trivialize it somehow in my mind.

However, I only really posted that updated lists to illustrate how volatile my favorites list can be. They can change on almost a daily basis sometimes, depending on how I feel that day. I guess it just goes to show that I love them all equally. Warts and all.:)

Jonna
06-10-2002, 01:21 PM
A New Hope of course!

Tycho
06-10-2002, 02:45 PM
OK - your last poll you wanted is posted: ROTJ vs TPM !

It's online now, so go and vote!

padleia
06-28-2002, 04:20 PM
My choices are:

1: ESB
2: AOTC
3: ANH
4: ROTJ
5: TPM

Padleia --
:) :( :o :p ;) :D :cool: :rolleyes: :mad: :frus: :confused: :eek: :evil: :sur: :zzz: :stupid: :happy: :Pirate: :kiss: :cry: :greedy: :dead: :crazed:

bandontherun
06-29-2002, 02:27 PM
It's not letting me vote! I choose ROTJ.

Tycho
06-29-2002, 03:27 PM
I'm sorry you couldn't vote. Steve likes the polls to each run for 7 days.

The current poll is for whether you want a General Madine action figure from Return of the Jedi.

You can still post in these favorite movie polls to let everyone subscribed know your opinion though.

There were 4 polls in this series.

Out of all the movies, most people chose Empire Strikes Back as their favorite.

Then they chose Attack of the Clones.

Next came A New Hope.

Then Return of the Jedi

Finally, The Phantom Menace.

That is not to say that this order is correct for you, and that there weren't many fans with different rankings and opinions on this.

Everyone is entitled to their favorite movie rankings and having them their own way. It's just that this was how the majority voted and the polls are closed now. Each film having its chance over 7 days to rank in the 1-4 slots.

chubbychicken
06-29-2002, 06:39 PM
i liked the phantom menace the most of those 3

MFH
07-12-2002, 08:35 PM
ANH. The only movie better is ESB, and it isn't in the poll.

Nebulaz
07-13-2002, 03:44 PM
TPM