PDA

View Full Version : Mas Amedda

jshwa75
05-31-2002, 11:47 AM
Will there be a AOTC version of this guy? The old one's a bit out of scare isn't it? Mas is a pretty big guy.

Lord Tenebrous
05-31-2002, 11:54 AM
Yeah, he was shorter than typical. And at $6.99, he was a bigger "rip-off" than the Chancellor now.

I wouldn't say he's uncommon now, he got a .00, .01, and .03 release, so it's not like he appeared out of the flames of the Epi-1 line, then disappeared after one assortment. But he did get buried under lots of better figures as POTJ became a more styled, detailed line.

Still - Mas, Rune, Nute, Taun We...these all need the Chewbacca treatment sometime before the line ends for good.

chris
05-31-2002, 12:34 PM
I agree. I taller, more accurate Mas in his E2 costume would be cool

JON9000
05-31-2002, 03:15 PM
Would you guys be for Mas in an open handed pose- like when he is talking about granting Palpy emergency powers? Or something that is more generic? I'm for the open handed pose- It is his big moment in the movie.

LTBasker
05-31-2002, 04:13 PM
I'd gladly go for an E2 Mas Amedda if he were in the correct scale and came with a holo projector with mini holo Obi & holo Droideka

ishi tib
05-31-2002, 05:07 PM
Put me down as another collector who wants an Ep2 Mas Amedda. I want all the Jedi/Senators in the Obi-Wan/Droideka scene for a "This is a crisis!" diorama :)

kdp100
05-31-2002, 08:31 PM
I'd rather have a Bail Organa figure - maybe something based the Naboo Royal Guard's head on a Valorum body, or similar...

Lman316
06-01-2002, 12:18 PM
I'm more than sure that in Ep2, Mas is played by a different actor. So, they probably should do a new figure for him, but with our luck he'll have Horn Shooting Attack!!! or some other stupid gimmick. Or maybe he'll just be a one-pose wonder.
The POTJ one is fine as far as detail and sculpt and poseability. If they're going to make a new one, just make him taller (as asked) and make him neutrally and everything will be fine :D.

End :crazed:.

LTBasker
06-01-2002, 12:32 PM
Well if they had to pack him with anything and since their "we're going for scene specific figures" excuse was shot down in the POTJ line I would at least like them to make a small blaster to put with him if they make an E2 version of him since in his force file it says he carries a small blaster in his robes for emergencies.

Lman316
06-01-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Well if they had to pack him with anything and since their "we're going for scene specific figures" excuse was shot down in the POTJ line I would at least like them to make a small blaster to put with him if they make an E2 version of him since in his force file it says he carries a small blaster in his robes for emergencies.

That would be okay - wouldn't mind that. Especially if he had a little holster under the robes to put it in. Then they could do a soft goods robe for him.

But, one question I have, which is why I didn't think this guy was actually Mas Amedda (explaining the actor change too): didn't Palpatine hate Mas? I know that this question should be in the movie section or somewhere else, but I thought Sidious/Palpy (cause I think they're the same person :crazed: ) tried to have him killed by Darth Maul and he was even bad mouthing him in Episode 1.

End :crazed:.

Lord Tenebrous
06-01-2002, 09:44 PM
The blaster idea would be alright, but I would like if they packed him in with the tiny senator Ronet Coorr. Seriously, the little dude is a statue:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/ronetcoorr/index.html

pthfnder89
06-01-2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Lman316
I'm more than sure that in Ep2, Mas is played by a different actor. So, they probably should do a new figure for him, but with our luck he'll have Horn Shooting Attack!!! or some other stupid gimmick. Or maybe he'll just be a one-pose wonder.

Well, to be fair, he IS a one-pose wonder. I mean it's not like this guy did anything physical during the movie. He just stood there.:)

Lman316
06-02-2002, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by pthfnder89

Well, to be fair, he IS a one-pose wonder. I mean it's not like this guy did anything physical during the movie. He just stood there.:)

True, I'll give you that. But I mean, I won't like it if he's permanently posed with his one arm out and his head turned to one side. Hasbro's been getting nuts with this scene specific stuff. And sometimes, it wasn't even a scene and they posed them wildly. Like the Senator Jar Jar.
And didn't anyone find my "Horn Shooting Attack" thing funny? lol

End :).

187-Maul
06-02-2002, 07:18 AM
maybe we'll see that horn-shooting action in E3 ?:D
seriously, a new mas amedda would be cool