PDA

View Full Version : my idea for a final duel luke and vader

hango fett
05-31-2002, 12:19 PM
they can have this because we need a update from the ones in the cinema scene. luke can have his new lightsaber w/ removabel blade (metal lightsaber) and vader can have a removable hand...

Forhekset
05-31-2002, 12:35 PM
And they both need lotsa articulation so you can put 'em into all sorts of fighting stances. :D

Forhekset
05-31-2002, 12:48 PM
It would also be cool if they came with some sort of Emperor's throne room pack-in, like the new Bespin Duel Vader & Luke have the gantry pack-ins. They could come with those round control panel thingies.

Sorta like the attached pic, only the ones that get wider at the top.

Adam
05-31-2002, 01:40 PM
Thats a good idea forhekset. I think they should try to put more pack ins like that in all the figures. It makes me feel a little better about having to pay 6-7 bucks for a figure.

Rogue II
05-31-2002, 02:08 PM
How about Luke comes with the control panel, Vader comes with the bridge with railing (so he can toss Palpy), and have a new Emperor with a cloth cape, articulated knees, force lightning, and his throne.

Adam
05-31-2002, 03:50 PM
That would be really cool Rogue 2

Forhekset
05-31-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
How about Luke comes with the control panel, Vader comes with the bridge with railing (so he can toss Palpy), and have a new Emperor with a cloth cape, articulated knees, force lightning, and his throne.

Awesome idea :D

mista_carrot
05-31-2002, 08:04 PM
Well, here's my design for an Ultimate Luke Jedi Knight. I designed him to be usable for pretty much any scene in ROTJ. Almost every joint is a ball-joint (except for the wrists and waist) so that he could be put in plenty of action poses as well as neutral ones. My Luke also has four different hands: ungloved, damaged ungloved, gloved, and gloved posed (for when he looks at his hand after cutting off Vader's; I love that scene :) ). I kinda ran out of space on the page but I wanted to add a small magnet in the belt so you can hang the metal hilt from it.

Darth Detori
05-31-2002, 08:27 PM
quite the artist we have here!
I like your thinking

Rogue II
05-31-2002, 08:33 PM
mista_carrot,

I've seen 2 of your sketches now, and your work is pretty awesome.

jed
05-31-2002, 09:37 PM
Great work mista carrot, your art work is impressive.

But don't we have enough darth vaders and lukes? There are so many rehashed figures. If we could only have one good one and then use our imaginations if we wanted to play with them our collections would be so much cooler.
If it wasn't for all the lukes, vaders, mauls, obiwans and quigons we could have had all the cantina patrons and cronies from jabbas palace by now.

Rogue II
05-31-2002, 10:49 PM
Well, here's the thing. Hasbro has this trend of making lots of the main characters. Vader is never a pegwarmer, and the POTF2 Lukes wern't the greatest. So, since it is inevitable that we will be getting a Luke and Vader, we might as well get ones we want. We get better figures, Hasbro gets our cash.

A'Sharad Hett
05-31-2002, 11:51 PM
I dont know what to think of the new features such as megnetic sabers and magnetic arms and twisty hands. The sabers and force pull actions are great ideas, but most of the figures I have like that (save Kit Fisto) are kinda loose on the magnetic hand, you can get the saber to stick in there kinda but you can't make em duel or anything, for those that like to play (me). I can't do anything with my Anakin HD without his arm fallin off and the other hand always twists upside down on its own free will. I think the force pull figures should be made like Kit Fisto was, one hand can force pull, but the arms are articulated so both hands hold the saber so it will actually stay in there if you try and make em fight ( I know lately I've been pitting Kit, Ki, and Plo against Bespin Vader :) ) I dont know I think its a great idea, just needs tweeked.

JediTricks
06-01-2002, 05:44 AM
Carrot, that is yet another fantastic piece of design work! I weep for how woefully inadequate the current versions of Luke Jedi are compared to your drawing. Even one of my favorite SW figures - Luke Jedi from "Final Jedi Duel" 3pack - can't compare to this.

Oh, and Hasbro, if you're reading this, how about a Luke head sculpt that... oh, I dunno, doesn't suck?

hango fett
06-01-2002, 09:08 AM
right on, jeditricks! if hasbro actually wants us to BUY a luke, they better do a good job on the head...

187-Maul
06-01-2002, 03:37 PM
well just like you're hoth luke this pic is just amazing
I tried to make a pic of a ultimate Darth Maul myself yesterday but it sucks and isn't worth showing here, it basicly has the same articulation as jedi luke and also has a cloak, metal lightsaber and a stand so you can put him in a kicking position without him tipping over because of the weight

getting back to the topic, a new jedi luke would rock, especially with mista-carrots articulation:D
maybe we can have hopes of one being made since the endor accessory-pack already has an endor helmet and poncho included (to maybe gice it to luke when he's released?)

darthvyn
06-01-2002, 06:33 PM
as long as you can position him in the most convoluted fighting stance you've ever seen in the saga, the part right after vader says "if you will not be turned perhaps she will..." and luke yells "NEVER!" and ignites his saberand holds it with both hands behind his head, on the right side and points it straight foward... that would rock...

N-2PF
06-01-2002, 08:55 PM
This is what it could have been.

But c'mon. The way Hasbro has taken looks different. This figure would not fit in the 3 3/4"-line.
It's the concept of a 12"-figure. Even the name "Ultimate". If they do it 3 3/4", it would be the end of resculpts. And without the never ending resculpt story the collecting will be doomed.