PDA

View Full Version : Free TRU stuff through Visa!

Jonna
05-31-2002, 12:39 PM
Free stuff is always best!

I got the TRU Visa card about 6 years ago and they have this program where you can earn 1% to 3% from all your purchases in free TRU items. I know that it does not sound like much but, I have already earned over $400 (in SW toys of course). I wondered if anyone else has been taking advantage of this.:sur:

Mandalorian Candidat
05-31-2002, 12:42 PM
How do you go about collecting the free stuff? Once a year? At a certain $ amount? Do they give you a gift card?

Jonna
05-31-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
How do you go about collecting the free stuff? Once a year? At a certain $ amount? Do they give you a gift card?

They way that they do it is when you spend a certan amount through the card, they send you a coupon for 10, 20, etc. off anything in TRU. The good thing is that you only have to buy the amount that the coupon is for to use it. They use to just subtract it off your bill, but then the realized that people weren't nessisarily shopping at TRU.

I spend enough though that card that I usually get 10 or 20 off every two months.

JediTricks
06-01-2002, 02:01 AM
How much are the interest rates? It seems like I'd rather just use cash or a debit card and not get a free $10 if I have to pay $30 in interest & fees.