PDA

View Full Version : For those wondering about R3-T7

jeddah
05-31-2002, 12:23 PM
For your info;

I have a completely reliable source involved in the films (OT and new). After realising that the R2 unit that bites it on the landing platform at the beginning has the same scheme colour as Ric Oliés R2-A6, we enquired as to the whereabouts of R3-T7 in AOTC.:confused:

We figured he must've been a featured character due to the sneak preview figure. This was his reply;

The R3 was used as a background droid in the Coruscant scenes. Evidently, he was too much in the background, as you can't see him in any of the scenes we used him in. As to why they made a sneak toy of him with an electrical charge, I guess one would have to ask the licensing department and/or Hasbro. No scene was written or filmed like that whatsoever.

So, no R3-T7. Mayhap we'll find out on the DVD.... :(

jeddah

Mandalorian Candidat
05-31-2002, 12:26 PM
Not a big deal to me. I like that Hasbro made it cause I love the Astromech figures the most.

LTBasker
05-31-2002, 12:29 PM
Doesn't really matter to me, could be an entirely made up figure and it wouldn't really matter. They used a great mold for the body and we get a cool see-through dome astromech unit. :cool:

Would've kinda liked to have seen it have a more specific part though, like maybe Zam knocking it over before going into the nightclub and causing it to short-circuit.

2-1B
05-31-2002, 12:31 PM
Oh, he's in there! :D
Right as Obers and Ani are dragging Zam out of the club, our little droid is moving left to right in the background with the lady in the dress. :)

jeddah
05-31-2002, 12:47 PM
Cool, Caesar, I'll keep an eye out for it :) - is it as clear a picture as the one that comes with the fig?

BTW, guys I was posting this out of interest not because I expected anyone to "bother" about it :rolleyes: ;) . The astromechs are my fave characters in all the SW films - droids're cool :D but I think it would've been nicer to have more in this instalment...they seemed a bit thin on the ground.

jeddah

Rogue II
05-31-2002, 12:54 PM
It doesn't matter to me if he was in ATOC or not. R3 is a really cool droid. There were other R3s in the OT so I'm glad they made one. And for that blue electric charge, well, that went on one of my R2-D2s in a scene where he gets captured by the Jawas.

More background droids, please.

2-1B
05-31-2002, 01:05 PM
jeddah, I don't have the figure so I can't remember the picture . . . but I'll venture that it's not as clear since he is pretty tiny on screen! :D
Let's just say it took me several viewings to notice him. :)

Jargo
05-31-2002, 01:25 PM
Told ya so. I've been bleating on for so long about him being with the chick in the red dress on Coruscant and would anybody believe me? Would they hell! Now I can sit here and gloat with a big smug smile on my face and make ner ner ni ner ner sounds at the doubters. :happy:

Definately way cooler than R2-D2 is that R3-T7. :evil: