PDA

View Full Version : finally got a girlfreind who LIKES sw!

hango fett
05-31-2002, 02:49 PM
after months of searching, i finally found the girl of my dreams at school. she was a good freind who went to see AOTC with me my 3rd time thru and she loved it. thank you god! anyone else have this luck?

QLD
05-31-2002, 05:40 PM
No.

I have found that most girls who like Star Wars that I have met are not the type of girls that I want to be involved with.

My girlfriend thinks it's stupid, which is fine with me. She has watched them all, and did not like them.

However, she is fine with my hobby, even though she pokes fun at me every so often. Actually, in a weird way, I think I prefer it this way. I find that for a relationship to be successful, you have to have "alone" time for yourself. You have to have things to do aprt, and together. And SW is something that I can do apart from her.

My friends girlfriend wasn't really into SW at all when he started collecting again in 99. However, she soon became involved, and then obsessed with his collection. Now she is the main collector, while he pretty much sits back and lets her go at it. In a way, I think it kind of ruins the fun.

I don't know how much sense all of this makes, but I tried. :D

master jedi
05-31-2002, 08:34 PM
I don't get out much so my answer is no.

I think of my computer as a girlfriend.

SWAFMAN
05-31-2002, 10:49 PM
hango, if she doesn't look like Jabba, then you've certainly lucked-out! Best wishes for a long and happy relationship!

this one's for master jedi:

Last year a friend of mine upgraded Girlfriend 1.0 to Wife 1.0 and found that it's a memory hog leaving very little system resources for other applications. He is only now noticing that Wife 1.0 also is spawning Child-Processes which are further consuming valuable resources. No mention of this particular phenomena was included in the product brochure or the documentation, though other users have informed him that this is to be expected due to the nature of the application.
Not only that, Wife 1.0 installs itself such that it is always launched at system initialization where it can monitor all other system activity.
He's finding that some applications such as PokerNight 10.3, BeerBash 2.5, and PubNight 7.0 are no longer able to run in the system at all, crashing the system when selected (even though they always worked fine before).
At installation, Wife 1.0 provides no option as to the installation of undesired Plug-lns such as MotherlnLaw 55.8 and BrotherlnLaw Beta release. Also, system performance seems to diminish with each passing day.

Some features he'd like to see in the upcoming wife 2.0:

A "Don't remind me again" button

Minimize button

An install shield feature that allows Wife 2.0 to be installed with the option to uninstall at anytime without the loss of cache and other system resources.

An option to run the network driver in promiscuous mode which would allow the systems hardware probe feature to be much more useful.

I myself decided to avoid all of the headaches associated with Wife 1.0 by sticking with Girlfriend 2.0. Even here, however, I found many problems. Apparently you cannot install Girlfriend 2.0 on top of Girlfriend 1.0. You must uninstall Girlfriend 1.0 first. Other users say this is a long standing bug which I should have been aware of.
Apparently the versions of Girlfriend have conflicts over shared use of the I/O port. You think they would have fixed such a stupid bug by now.
To make matters worse, The uninstall program for Girlfriend 1. 0 doesn't work very well leaving undesirable traces of the application in the system.

Another thing that sucks -- all versions of Girlfriend continually popup little annoying messages about the advantages of upgrading to Wife 1.0

***** BUG WARNING ********
Wife 1.0 has an undocumented bug. If you try to install Mistress 1.1 before uninstalling Wife 1.0, Wife 1.0 will delete Msmoney files before doing the uninstall itself. Then Mistress 1.1 will refuse to install, claiming insufficient resources.

***** Bug work_arounds *********
To avoid the above bug, try installing Mistress 1.1 on a different system and never run any file transfer applications such as Laplink 6.0. Also, beware of similar shareware applications that have been known to carry viruses that may affect Wife 1.0.

Another solution would be to run Mistress 1.0 via a UseNet provider under an anonymous name. Here again, beware of the viruses which can accidentally be downloaded from the UseNet.

2-1B
05-31-2002, 11:41 PM
"memory hog" :D

bigbarada
05-31-2002, 11:47 PM
LOL!! That's great SWAFMAN!:D:D

QLD
06-01-2002, 01:37 PM
That was freakin hilarious.

187-Maul
06-01-2002, 04:13 PM
well there's this beatiful girl in class which likes SW and her little brother LOVES starwasr (has about 5 different tshirts of it) but the problem is she already has a boyfriend:( so badluck for me

sith_killer_99
06-02-2002, 12:27 AM
To put this in terms EVERYONE here can understand:

Wife 1.0 has little or no difficulties interfacing with Star Wars 4.0, 5.0, or 6.0 (AKA Original Trillogy-collectively) or Star Wars 4.1, 5.1, or 6.1 (Special Edition Trillogy-collectively)..

However, she does NOT interface well with Star Wars 1.0 and BARELY interfaces with Star Wars 2.0. Also, wife 1.0 accepts Collecting 1.0 but rarely ever interacts with it.

Now, Baby 1.0 has interacted with Star Wars 4.1, 5.1, 6.1 and 1.1 (DVD Edition)! However, this is a new program and has had little experience with the overall Star Wars programs. Hopefully this weekend she will have the opportunity to interface with Star Wars 2.0 ON-SITE!!!

It is the designers wish to see Baby 1.0 fully compatable with all the Star Wars programs.

Exhaust Port
06-02-2002, 03:02 PM
My girlfriend enjoyed SW before we started dating. When she found out that I collected some of the toys she thought it was neat. Over 3 years later she's starting to question when the collecting will slow as I'm running out of room. Slow? She's still supportive and buys be the occasional figure for me God Bless her. As long as I don't invade her space with it she's Ok with the collection. Lucky me I guess. 1 in a million.

SithDroid
06-02-2002, 03:43 PM
I want one who likes SW.:cry:

JetsAndHeels
06-02-2002, 04:07 PM
I just want one.

2-1B
06-03-2002, 01:41 AM
I just want two. :D

Jonna
06-03-2002, 12:15 PM
My exfiance, from years ago, was really into it and even bought some of the toys. But alas, she turned out to be emencely psychotic. The woman I am with now actually asked me if I wanted to go see it for the third time. Yay! She even helps me to dig though bins to search for figures. Now that is comitment.:D

Skinny 1
06-03-2002, 03:13 PM
I was considering starting a thread just like this one! She doesn't necessarily have to be "down" with Star Wars or collecting for me to like her, just so she doesn't try to make me stop! Then, some problems could arise.

Oh, what am I going on about!? I can't even get a girlfriend! Oh well, maybe someday someone looking for a lonely bounty hunter who rides a big honkin' spaceship will come along.

Exhaust Port
06-03-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Jonna
She even helps me to dig though bins to search for figures. Now that is comitment.:D

Definately don't let that one get away!

mabudonicus
06-03-2002, 04:05 PM
I agree with the OS descriptions earlier in this thread, mostly. I'm not of any mind to EVER get married, the "authorities" involved seem ridiculous.
My girlfriend (who is absolutely gorgeous, BTW) likes SW well enough to kind of get into it. She's the main drive behind the current POTS craze happening here. She mostly is just humouring me, though, cause at the AOTC, there was this bit of local "hype" and she tried to win some prize with trivia. She was real embarrassed, as she couldn't recall which film luke crashes onto Dagobah during. Ah well, she don't think it's stupid, at least...
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

scruffziller
06-03-2002, 04:06 PM
Oh I met a gorgeous cutie that looked like Julia Roberts, and she was a down right glorious geek that liked everythiung I liked SW, Star Trek, X-Men u name it, but I asked her out and she turned me down. Darn!!

Master Goeweins
06-04-2002, 12:05 AM
My beautiful girlfriend had never seen a single movie until we dated. She liked them a lot, and it was the coolest thing to watch the movies with a first timer. She actually screamed out when C3P0 was blown apart in ESB.
Now she digs through bins with me and even hunts for me at stores that are near her house (30 minutes from me).
She even dressed up as Barriss O'fee (Luminara's padawan with only 10 seconds of screen time) for the midnight premier. Talk about the ultimate wallpaper for my computer!

And about needing to do your own things alone... what fun is it if you can't do the things you love with the one you love?

Exhaust Port
06-04-2002, 08:17 AM
Plus it's great to have someone hold your spot in line when you have to hit the can.

billfremore
06-04-2002, 08:32 AM
I found one that has actually encouraged my hobby.
She loves the ships especially.
She bought me the queen's starship for valentine's day a few years ago. (more for her than me I think :) )

She even went to the midnight showing with me and will discuss the intricate details of Palpatine's plot to become emperor.

These are not the reasons that I'm marrying her but it sure makes it that much better :D

master jedi
06-04-2002, 04:19 PM
SWAFMAN, where did you find that computer story or did you just think of it yourself?

SWAFMAN
06-04-2002, 04:29 PM
mj, it was just one of those jokes that circulate via e-mail.

hango fett
06-04-2002, 07:50 PM
my girlfreind bought me an extra qui-gonn jinn (saga) today! i guess she felt sorry for me because she dragged me along for her shopping trip with 2 of her freinds....(blahblahblahblahblah was all i herd out of their mouth with the exception of does this look good?)

hango fett
06-04-2002, 07:53 PM
congrats billfremore!have fun with her...sounds like a keeper!

Jonna
06-06-2002, 02:28 PM
Concerning ex-girlfriends, one of mine's uncles did the surveying for the Skywalker ranch. I stayed at his house when I vacationed in San Fran.

El Chuxter
04-09-2009, 11:06 PM
Did billfremore's wife banish him from collecting forums once they got married, or what?

And has anyone seen Jonna, hango, or practically anyone else from this thread lately?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-09-2009, 11:31 PM
Congratulations on your seven-year anniversary, hango. :)

LTBasker
04-10-2009, 12:34 AM
Really, you think they're still together at this point? :p

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-10-2009, 01:35 AM
I'm sure they've got a beautiful family.

The other post was sarcastic, in case it wasn't clear . . .

DarthQuack
04-10-2009, 02:28 AM
Yea, and QLD too....:(

JimJamBonds
04-11-2009, 08:49 PM
That's some nice diggin' there El C. :)

bobafrett
04-12-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm getting close. My lady does not like me being on the computer, at least not when she's here.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-12-2009, 07:20 PM
And has anyone seen Jonna, hango, or practically anyone else from this thread lately?And what is the deal with Jonna being listed as a guest, when it sounds like he posted regularly?

I'm getting close. My lady does not like me being on the computer, at least not when she's here.Just tell her it's better that you are on the computer when she is there and can see what you are doing.

HanSololol
04-14-2009, 11:15 AM
I don't even want a girlfreind reallly, ok well I do but they are like an ANIMAL LOL. I have problems when takling to ladies...

mtriv73
04-14-2009, 11:27 AM
I have problems when takling to ladies...

Well there's your problem. Try talking to them not takling them. ;)

mabudonicus
04-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Jonna had 2 accounts, Jonna and The Ghost of Jonna, the original one was deactivated but the posts remained, the ghost account got a name-change to Patient Zero after the big shakeup when Steve offered a one-tmie only chance to change usernames which is when I added the "icus" after Jargo suggested that "mabudonicus" sounded like a meaty animal which I thought was fitting
:beard: Iso&Baws
It doesn't even matter since all the friends I met online call me either mab or mabs most of the time anyways, omitting the bonus letters altogether

HanSololol
04-14-2009, 01:44 PM
Well there's your problem. Try talking to them not takling them. ;)

what do you mean?? I think it is spelled tackleing but I didn't tackle girls...sry you confused me :sad:

Mad Slanted Powers
04-14-2009, 08:01 PM
Jonna had 2 accounts, Jonna and The Ghost of Jonna, the original one was deactivated but the posts remained, the ghost account got a name-change to Patient Zero after the big shakeup when Steve offered a one-tmie only chance to change usernames which is when I added the "icus" after Jargo suggested that "mabudonicus" sounded like a meaty animal which I thought was fitting
:beard: Iso&Baws
It doesn't even matter since all the friends I met online call me either mab or mabs most of the time anyways, omitting the bonus letters altogether
Yes, I remember Ghost of Jonna changing to Patient Zero, but wasn't sure if it was the same person as Jonna. I remember your change, and that was when I changed to Mad Slanted Powers.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-14-2009, 09:09 PM
What were you before?

Mad Slanted Powers
04-14-2009, 09:43 PM
What were you before?Sane Straight Weaknesses. :) Actually I was posty333.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-14-2009, 11:44 PM
Sane Straight Weaknesses. :) Actually I was posty333.
Hmm. I vaguely remember you changing your name, but you've been a much more prominent poster since you've been MSP, so there you go.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-15-2009, 12:34 AM
Hmm. I vaguely remember you changing your name, but you've been a much more prominent poster since you've been MSP, so there you go.Yeah, I had about 500 posts around the time of the exile to swcollecting.com. So about 500 in my first 4 years, and nearly 4,000 in the last 3 years.