PDA

View Full Version : Advice Column: OFF w/Nikto Jedi Cloak

Deoxyribonucleic
05-31-2002, 04:02 PM
Anyone take off the cloak from Nikto Jedi? He is a totally different figure when the cloak comes off and much cooler looking. They actually sculpted his entire head and back, it looks as if the cloak was molded to him after they detailed the figure. Anyhoo, he looks GREAT without the cloak - like the alien from "Enemy Mine" but better hehe

Go ahead, take off that cloak!

:D

Adam
05-31-2002, 04:23 PM
I kind of like him as is.. my favorite Jedi figure so far.

Adam
05-31-2002, 04:24 PM
Maybe if/when I find him on clearance Ill do that..

The Chosen One
05-31-2002, 04:44 PM
I know....I do think the figure would have been better if the legs had articulation..but still A mighty Cool figure!

cptpinkerton
05-31-2002, 04:49 PM
The Nikto figure confuses me.
Originally included in ROTJ as a skiff guard, with Klaatu and Barada, references from Lucas -- the Nikto Jedi figure appears to be the same alien race as Nikto from Jabba's skiff. Now, if Vader and Palpatine eliminated all of the jedi, then is the Nikto on Jabba's skiff just a coincidence, or am I horribly misinformed, or is Skiff Nikto the real, "return" of the Jedi?
LMS

ishi tib
05-31-2002, 05:01 PM
Nikto is actually the name of the species. The one in the cinema scene is named Vizam according to Decipher's custom game cards. Since these are the guys who came up with most of the other names of the background characters (ie Momaw Nadon, etc.) , I'm going with this name for the skiff guard. Now if Wizards of the Coast (who unfortunately bought out the game from Decipher) can pull their heads out of their behinds, we might be able to get a "real" name for the Nikto Jedi too...

cptpinkerton
05-31-2002, 05:21 PM
thanks for clearing that up.
LMS

SuperBattleDroid88
05-31-2002, 05:50 PM
Can you get the cloak back on? I was going to do that, but I don't want to do anything permanent!
THANKS!

DarthMaulSithLord
05-31-2002, 06:52 PM
Have a piccie?

:)

Adam
05-31-2002, 07:20 PM
Yeah, I'd like to see a pic of it too.

kdp100
05-31-2002, 08:09 PM
The Nikto Jedi's cape doesn't look too bad on the Owen Lars figure from the "Purchase of the Droids" set either! http://www.angelfire.com/id/kdp100/images/nikto_lars.jpg

ishi tib
05-31-2002, 09:46 PM
I checked out the Nikto w/out the cloak, he does look really really cool like that. Unfortunately, i had to cut it off (it was either that or risk pulling his arms off). If you angle the scissors right, you should be able to keep the cuts fairly well hidden; you have to cut the robe under his arms, but if he's holding his lightsaber it seems to cover the cuts pretty well.

Jargo
05-31-2002, 10:24 PM
Nope, itis possible to get the cloak on and of without damaging the figures arms. Dunk him in very warm but not hot water so the rubber/plastic/vinyl cloak softens first then work from the armpits. You need to twist slowly to get the arms behind the body. It feels strange but they won't tear off. when the arms are behind the body, start pushing the cloak backwards over the shoulders and down the arms until you get to the elbows. Then shift all your atention to the left arm and free that one first. The other one will then just slide out.
To get the cloak back on do everything in reverse apart from warming the plastic first. You don't need to damage either the figure or the cloak to get it off and on. In fact I do it without warming the plastic but I added that part so you have an easier time of doing this. :)

joe-da
05-31-2002, 10:46 PM
I got my Nikto Jedi's cloak off just by angling the arms just so. It took about 2 minutes, and I neither cut nor soaked it.

I like him without it, but I still have one "cloaked."

I'm leaving the cloak off the other, because it would probably take forever to replace it.

But it's like having a totally different figure. Sort of.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-01-2002, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Nope, itis possible to get the cloak on and of without damaging the figures arms. Dunk him in very warm but not hot water so the rubber/plastic/vinyl cloak softens first then work from the armpits. You need to twist slowly to get the arms behind the body. It feels strange but they won't tear off. when the arms are behind the body, start pushing the cloak backwards over the shoulders and down the arms until you get to the elbows. Then shift all your atention to the left arm and free that one first. The other one will then just slide out.
To get the cloak back on do everything in reverse apart from warming the plastic first. You don't need to damage either the figure or the cloak to get it off and on. In fact I do it without warming the plastic but I added that part so you have an easier time of doing this. :)

I just took mine off in about 30 seconds with little or no resistance because the plastic is already so malleable
:)

SuperBattleDroid88
06-01-2002, 09:24 AM
I got mine off....

SuperBattleDroid88
06-04-2002, 02:20 PM
AH!
I CAN'T GET IT BACK ON!!!!!!!!! :frus:

Unit-01
06-04-2002, 03:20 PM
Could someone post a pic?

pthfnder89
06-04-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by SuperBattleDroid88
AH!
I CAN'T GET IT BACK ON!!!!!!!!! :frus:

Lol SuperBattleDroid88. It does take some patience getting it off and on, but trust me you can do it.:)

Sir FanBoy
06-04-2002, 03:52 PM
Hmm maybe i will give it a shot. Looks interesting... :)

SuperBattleDroid88
06-04-2002, 04:36 PM
I got it on.... IT DOES TAKE A LOT OF PATIENCE!!!!
He does look cool with it off also.....
:p

NiktosRule
06-04-2002, 08:13 PM
I bought two Nikto Jedi's one so I could keep with the cloak and the other without the cloak. I like both but without the cloak you get to see the detail on his head so I like him more. It also makes your jedi army larger if you have two as well.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-04-2002, 08:39 PM
Here's a front view pic

Deoxyribonucleic
06-04-2002, 08:41 PM
Here's back close up pic

SuperBattleDroid88
06-04-2002, 08:49 PM
Yep that's him!!!!! :)