PDA

View Full Version : Jorg Sacul in the UK!!!!

spanky
05-31-2002, 07:17 PM
r2dtoys.com will have the figure in stock 7th June shipping on the 11th June, you can pre order it on the website. Its a bit steep though £59 plus P&P, and they will only have 92.

DarthBrandon
05-31-2002, 07:29 PM
I thought this was a celebration II only item. Why are collectable toy stores like Brian's toys and R2Dtoys getting these items, as they were only for celebration II participants. (SP)

jedi_uk73
06-01-2002, 06:51 AM
C2 Jorg Sacul was 2 per person. Those who did buy 2, are keeping 1 and selling 1, so obviously a few have escaped onto the secondary market. That's how Brian's Toys & R2dtoys have got some.

I don't care. Mines on order :D

jedi_uk73
06-01-2002, 05:03 PM
So what EJ ??? The figure was a US exclusive, only a few thousand made, and currently selling on Ebay etc for over $/£100.

I must admit £60 is a bit steep, but I am a collector, and as you know collectors buy what they like, and what they like, and also pay what they want.

Just because some people only buy a few figures, I like to get all the figures that are released, whether they a crud or not. I don't care. That is all part of collecting.

I agree that Hasbro do stitch us up on distribution, especially when things are US only. They should consider the UK and other countries but what do you expect Hasbro is a US company, so their main priority is with them.

And so what that I am from the south, not my choice that I live in a wealthier area of the country, earning 30k. :D

DarthMaulSithLord
06-01-2002, 06:42 PM
What a bunch of scalpers!

:(

Darth Havoc
06-04-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Sad stupid mugs for paying that much for a crap figure.

Wow thats harsh Emperor :D

My biggest gripe about paying that ammount of money is because its really just for a head..

That you can't see anyway..

Unless you take him off the card..

Anyone gonna pay £60 and take him off the card?

I probably would :crazed:

Jargo
06-06-2002, 04:23 PM
Hasbro say it's to be given away not sold. How R2DTOYS got hold of so many is questionable to say the least. Probably direct from factory.
Don't pay for one, wait until a major store has them to give away as the private universe has reported. Anyways, these things will be up for grabs soon FOR FREE so don't pay.

I have no interest in this whatsoever. I think the head sculpt is bad and the re-use of a potf2 body is laughable arse licking from the hasbro star wars division. Using Porkins body would have been more accurate.
And if I did get one I'd open it. I open absolutely every last item I get hold of. No exeptions. :)

jedi_uk73
06-06-2002, 06:20 PM
I have now seen the light and cancelled my order from R2dtoys. I am not now going to pay £60 if they are going free.

It would be nice to know which store will get them in, and what you have to do or buy to get a free Jorg Sacul. Possibly free with every £50 purchase, or something like that.

Come to think of it, it would be a great way of using up some of those Jedi Master points that everyone has stored up, and has no use for.

I don't care how bad it looks, I still gotta get one. I have every figure since 1978, so I'm not going to miss one now.

mightywhelk
06-07-2002, 04:55 AM
Sadly, if you don't buy it, someone else will so I hope what Jargo said about possible price hike's doesn't happen. Anyway, if Hasbro said Sacul is not to be sold by retailers, how are they getting away with it? Surely, they are breaking some kind of retail law?

icatch9
06-07-2002, 09:00 AM
They aren't retail. They are a collectable store. So they just got there hand on some that they bought from people who where there. They were probally there too, so they are just selling thier extra ones. R2dtoys isn't like a major chain or anything, so they arn't breaking any laws. I mean they sell other stuff that is older and only avalable on the secondary market, right? So, this Jorg is the same thing. Price is a bit high though, if you in the market I'd shop around.

mightywhelk
06-10-2002, 07:00 AM
Thanks icatch9, that makes sense. Good luck to them in that case and i hope we'll see some others elsewhere for a cheaper price...

Colonel Jack O'Neil
07-08-2002, 10:30 PM
This is my first post and I thought I would just let people who that the Jorge Sacul figure is selling for £99.99 on http://www.popcornlive.co.uk, if that isnt ripping people off I dont know what is.

Lewis
10-13-2002, 06:57 AM
I got my Jorg Sacul from R2DToys when they had 5 left, I payed £50 with Starcase, If i hadn't got one i would have been wishing i had,but now it's on my display and im glad that i did....i have no intention of selling it, It would have been nice to have been signed by GL ( That would make my year :) ) Get one while you can as Hasbro have apparently destroyed the mould..Yes i know it was Wedges body..:rolleyes:

Yu_
10-13-2002, 12:00 PM
According to HasbroJedi.co.uk they are going to be released in one of the UK retail shops, I have yet to see them say they will not be for sale… they said they had a limited quantity so I guess they will be going for a high price anyway.

jedi_uk73
10-17-2002, 08:14 AM
Anyone that joined in the Hasbro UK live chat last night, will now know that Jorg Sacul IS coming to the UK.

The Entertainer will be stocking him, however, no details have been given on how to get him.

I would say that it could be a spend ££'s and get him free, or buy something in particular and get him free.

Hope this offer soon hurries up, I still need that fig.

Jargo
10-17-2002, 01:37 PM
I guess I was a bit harsh back then. Sorry for the outburst. *insert sheepish grin smiley* The entertainer deal sounds more like it. I still don't want one but at least it gives people a fighting chance of getting one without having to sell the family jewels to do so.... ouch! :eek:

kdp100
10-22-2002, 12:43 PM
The Hollywood Store in London's St Martin's Lane (opposite Stringfellow's) has marked-down the price of its one Sacul figure from £150 to a "mere " £79.95.
The shape of things to come?

Emperors_Hand_2211
10-29-2002, 06:08 AM
Hasbro Jedi Uk has a new news item stating that neither Hasbro nor the Entertainer can comment or further confirm the Jorg offer.
Suspicious?

jedi_uk73
10-29-2002, 08:39 AM
I would assume that it has been decided the The Entertainer WILL be offering Jorg Sacul.

However, no decision has been made as to how it will be sold or given away yet.

Until that is decided, neither Hasbro or Entertainer will make any annoucement.

Jargo
10-29-2002, 03:44 PM
Uncanny, they said that without moving their lips..... :crazed:

I see a similar deal to the TRU silver R2 being put in place to allow TE to shift some of the stock they've been building up. Spend so much and get a free Sacul. I don't think they can offer it as saleable product. Perhaps the deal fell through. Perhaps hasbro don't really have any left to let the Entertainer have. perhaps they sold them all to independent smal retailers through Diamond UK. Perhaps it's all on hold until next year. perhaps perhaps perhaps.....

gibbspaulus
10-30-2002, 04:47 AM
Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps...

Maybe the Hasblah GUy who does the webchat wasn't supposed to mention it for marketting reasons and has been smacked back for spilling state secrets, as such HAsbro have to retract the statement to save face!

Jargo
10-30-2002, 07:50 AM
Kinda like the kid who spills his parents imtimate secrets to all and sundry im the most public arena. "Mummy and Daddy ........ at night and they ........ with .......... too!" :D I have to admit he looked like he was that sort as a boy. Wasn't helped by the way he just looked so lonely, sat there all alone with a big R2 in an empty room. Like he'd been rollocked and was serving a punishment or something, little boy lost was he he looked to me. Oh well, I suppose one way or the other we'll find out soon enough. I still don't want one. If I happened to be buying from TE as I often do and they happened to shove one in the package I wouldn't say no. But it's not something I'm actively seeking. The only part I like is the helmet and gun. The figure is so-so and the head is awful. Whatever, it's still an intrigueing chapter in UK collecting. :)

gibbspaulus
10-31-2002, 05:02 AM
I have to say that the thought of George Lucas in a boiler suit really doesn't do it for me either, but I need another pilot for my hanger diorama otherwise it starts looknig like the rebels are all cloned from luke and Biggs!

Lewis
11-01-2002, 10:24 AM
Buy one gibbs, then you can own something that you may wish you bought, goooooo on you can do it :p you never know you may just like it enough to put on display :p

gibbspaulus
11-02-2002, 08:32 AM
I guess my worry is that I'm an opener and I don't want to pay over the odds to rip him off the card! However, if I 'just have to' buy a load of army builders to get him then I have no qualms!

Lewis
11-02-2002, 08:37 AM
Well that is a good idea, get loads of stormtroopers & Rebel soldiers and out of your parcel will pop out a neat likkle Jorg Sacul LOL....Put in a starcase and put him on display,enjoy....:p