PDA

View Full Version : Nute Gunray in Episode 3

starwars92570
05-31-2002, 11:13 PM
I was just thinking of Nute Gunray and Episode 3, if he appear's again (hopefully) I think it would be a good idea that Sideous/Palpatine should maybe choke him to death and say "You have failed me for the last Viceroy" but it could also be Dooku or Vader. :D

Eternal Padawan
06-01-2002, 09:16 AM
It'd be nice to have him in III. He should die a goofy Fett-like death. (Trips and falls into an industrial paper shredder or something...)

chewie
06-01-2002, 11:57 AM
I'd say Nute is definitely gonna show up in EIII, but he'll have a more ironic end than just falling off and dying. I'd say he'll be taken out by droids or perhaps Amidala herself.

chris
06-01-2002, 05:46 PM
He'll be back for sure. But he's escaped twice now, and he won't be so lucky next time I think.

Beast
06-01-2002, 07:09 PM
I wonder if we might see Nute switching sides in EIII. He's now been screwed over twice by the Sith. I would think his want to get revenge on Amidala may be secondary to actually wanting revenge against Sidious and Dooku now. Maybe he will actually wind up being one of the founding members of the rebellion. One can never tell, guess we will have to wait and see how EIII plays out. Lucas definatly has plans for him, because he wasn't roasted and toasted by Jango's flamethrower like was originally supposed to happen. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
06-01-2002, 10:37 PM
I hope Rune returns as well, he should've been in Ep II.

Tycho
06-02-2002, 10:48 PM
Hmm. JarJar's roasted and toasted quote made me think of coffe beans.

Bugs with shells look like beans.

Niemoidians have a lot of insect like descriptions about them. Like Pupae and larvae, etc.

I just want to see Nute get so scared he strips out of his fancy robes and goofy hat and starts cocooning himself. Then some big creature comes along and eats him like a jellybean!

Oh man! He'd be talking while he's gobbled up!

"OH-NOAH. PWeeze DOhN EAT ME! DiS Is NOd HOWz ITs SPOAHZED to Endah!"

I'd die laughing! But I have no idea if or how Nute's story ends. I imagine a more boring alternative is that he's captured and Palpatine throws him in jail for good. That's actually modestly funny too!

Jedi Clint
06-02-2002, 11:17 PM
I'm thinking he will finally get what he wants in E3 with Palpatine as Emperor.

Battle Droid
06-02-2002, 11:22 PM
Naboo? or Padme? or Both?

Jedi Clint
06-02-2002, 11:37 PM
Both :evil: I think he will believe he finally got Padme, and he will get whatever concessions he wants regarding his trade franchise.

scruffziller
06-03-2002, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by starwars92570
I was just thinking of Nute Gunray and Episode 3, if he appear's again (hopefully) I think it would be a good idea that Sideous/Palpatine should maybe choke him to death and say "You have failed me for the last Viceroy" but it could also be Dooku or Vader. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOL DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS LAUGHING SO HARD WHEN I READ YOU POST I WAS CRYING!!!!!!!!! I am still laughing!!!!!!!!!

metaljedi
06-04-2002, 12:26 AM
I think Amidala should kill him.

chewie
06-04-2002, 01:17 AM
I'm thinking that the Trade Federation and most other business clans are wiped out by the time of the original trilogy. The Empire replaces them all. If nothing else, Nute will be gunned down by Stormtroopers/Clonetroopers and a standard grey uniformed Empire lieutenant will push his bloated corpse off his desk and then start handling his phone/hologram calls.

hango fett
06-04-2002, 03:10 PM
i hope he dies in the next one. he is a big a-hole. he should have died in AOTC, but no! george had to delete the thing with nute gettin' fried by jango.......i, too think either padme' or dooku will kill him and rune...

El Chuxter
06-04-2002, 03:17 PM
He will die, I'm sure. Possibly killed by Anakin if Ani is duped to believe that the TF was responsible for Padme's death? Which will most likely come after he's already turned anyway--let's not forget one of the key scenes in the TPM novel (which could be overruled by E3 just like Qui-Gon's aged alien master was overruled by AOTC) has Padme leading an army. It could be on Geonosis, but I prefer to think Padme will come gunning for Palpatine in E3.

Bosskman
06-04-2002, 03:20 PM
Padme was leading an army in TPM.

Eternal Padawan
06-04-2002, 08:59 PM
I liked chewie's irony of him getting wasted by his own battledroids. He accidentally gets caught in crossfire and bites it. I don't think he'll switch sides or simply get thrown in jail. George has a thing for villains getting whats coming to them.

saladin
06-05-2002, 02:47 AM
well he ain't dead and they should tie up loose ends os i'm sure he'll die in EpIII

chewie
06-05-2002, 02:59 AM
I think what happend was. George realized that NO bad guys were gonna lose or die in EIII (except for Dooku). So he had to keep Nute around just to give EIII one more little morsel of good triumphing over the bad. Which EIII won't have much of.

Geonosian
06-05-2002, 09:28 AM
I think/hope Padme kills him!!!

Bosskman
06-05-2002, 11:43 AM
I think that Nute will probably survive EIII. I bet the seperatists and the remnants of the republic are reunited under Palpy as the Empire. (He is controling both sides anyway, afterall) Nute is a greedy money grubber who will take any side that makes him money. Palpy knows that these sort of people can be bought and paid for. Those are the sort that support the Empire. I really don't see Padme killing Nute. It's not something that she would do. Anakin might, but not Padme. The only way Padme would kill him would be in self defence and, since Nute is not the type to fight his own battles, that scenario won't happen. I think Dooku will be the only bad guy to die in EIII. The rest will survive. I would't be surprised if they stuck Nute in the Emperor's throne room in ROTJ on the DVD, just in the background with the dignitaries.

Jedi Clint
06-05-2002, 07:26 PM
The bad guys win in the end...of this trilogy. I too believe the Empire will be created from the reunified factions of the Republic.

Magnolia-Fan
06-05-2002, 08:52 PM
Crime in Italy!

You guys are really hung up on death over here in the E3 forums, aren't you?

Here's my guesses:

Mace will die.
Nute wont die.
Padme wont died.
Other jedi might be seen dying if we see more battle scenes.

Magnolia-Fan
06-05-2002, 08:53 PM
Oh, and Anakin will "die."

;)

CLAW
07-14-2002, 09:54 PM
Do you think we will get a resolution for Nute Gunray and the neimoidian species. Do you think the separatists will return, die or live?
Where are the neimoidians in future films?

Any ideas apprecciated.