PDA

View Full Version : Under-Cover Bad Guys...

Darth Narcis
06-01-2002, 02:20 AM
Ok, im getting to the point of this. I am about 99%, oh hell, im certain, that many of the employees and at least one manager at my local TRU has made a turn to the dark side. What i mean is that he and a few of his workers appear to be aiding the bad guys(scalpers) in getting all of the new figures that come out in his store... i dont know if they pay a bit more for them or if it is somehting else, but there is obviously something odd going on around here... listen to what happened, and tell me what you think...

it all started about a week ago, when i was at a tru and they said they were going to be getting in some new stock or figures wihtin a few days... i came back when they were suppose to have them, and they had gotten in a new wave of figures, the bespin wave and more, as i later came to see, but at the time they came in i didnt know what they were, i just saw boxes in the back of the store... i asked a worker when they were putting them out, and he says, not till tomorrow, around 12-1 pm... ok, thats all nice im thinking, so i go back the next day at around noon, and wait and wait, until almost 2, and nothing. i asked prolly 8 people and they all said they were getting around to it. but i was impatient. i got my gf to go out in the car and use my cell phone to call the store. she asked about the new figure shipment, and the store told her that they had already put them out at 12 or so. but i had been there the whole time. lol
:sur: they lied to her for no reason. i waited a little while longer and didnt see anything going on so i left. next day... i call in the morning, this time i talk and its the female manager, the one who i mentioned in a post before that said she couldnt do anything about the guy who mutilated figs becuase she didnt see it. she says that the figures are going to be put out later in the day and that they didnt have time yesterday... she said she was sure, real sure. so i go back to tru, again. this time im there when they open, and theres nothing. i have a friend with me this time, and my gf, and my friend trys to aks and he gets no reply... i wait till almost 12 and theres nothing. i go get lunch and come back at 1, theres nothing, not on the shelves anyway. so i ask another person who is there, and they say that they will be putting them out later... ugh, by this point i was so frustrated with these people that i just left... but as i was leaving.... i saw a guy at the cash register, and he had figures... upon closer examination, they were not just any figures, they were lukes, vaders, yodas, and a few dookus. probobly a total of 10-12 figs in all of those combined. so i asked him where he found them and he says, "on the racks over there, there were a bunch of them before when i got here"... but see, i was the first person at the store that day... there was nothing like what he had on the pegs. so anyway, i left confused, and today i called and what the person who picked up the phone said really made me laugh out loud. you wont believe it! the guy says that they NEVER HAD ANY NEW SHIPMENTS since a few weeks ago, and that some guy(maybe a sales rep as it was described) has to come in and take note of how much stock has been sold before the store can order more. ive never heard of that, although it could be correct, but if that were true then the guy i saw messing up figs would not have had a yoda or anything else and i wouldnt have found a bent up bloody luke, and the guy in line wouldnt have had his 10-12 figures... either the tru workers are brain dead, or this is some sort of retail mafia... :Pirate:

figrin bran
06-01-2002, 02:33 AM
i'm sorry that they treated you like that. i've had tru employees lie to me but not to that extent. and yes, it sounds like a retail mafia to me...

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-01-2002, 02:39 AM
Difficult to see TRU's shipment is....
Scalpers they are...
The Dark side I sense...yesssssssssssssssssss.

Darth Narcis
06-01-2002, 02:45 AM
hey, but im not giving up, i plan on making those ppl talk, if i have to go there every day until the figs are $1.99 and there is new management. I even have been accused of loitering at a walmart waiting aroudn for figs. i fell like a fictim of this. lol its insane.

Wonderboy
06-01-2002, 03:02 AM
Do what JodyB and I did about the Manager of the Burbank, CA Toys R Us who was pulling this same crap. We got enough people to call the Corporate Offices of TRU and eventually got him fired. The whole process only took 5 days...so if they keep it up...do that. Ask the manager for the corp. phone number, then for her Hasbro reps number...that might scare her...and if that doesnt work. Really call them, and tell them whats going on. They don't tolerate that at all...it's drastic, but we got sick of being jerked around. So we took action, and it worked. Give it a shot and let me know how it goes...

Good luck man. I'm sorry you are having to put up with this crap when all you are trying to do is enjoy your hobby.

JetsAndHeels
06-01-2002, 02:05 PM
Darth Narcis, I know you live closeby to me and I hate that this is happening to you. I must tell you that it happens here in Raleigh too. Maybe more here, because we have several scalpers who sell SW at the flea market here. I have seen these guys go into WM or TRU and get cart loads of the stuff. Its really a bad situation, but when I cant find things around here I usually try to do an online trade, or go outside of Raleigh to find something.
I also will try to help you any way I can.

Dooku Fett
06-01-2002, 02:23 PM
Sounds kind of fishy.

QLD
06-01-2002, 03:57 PM
The most umbelievable part of the story to me is how much time you spent in the store! That is dedication. I am just way too lazy to wait 10 minutes for figures, let alone hours. I dont even ask people to check or even call anymore. I just go in, look, and if it isnt there, I leave.

LTBasker
06-01-2002, 04:19 PM
I would've definitely called and complained to the corporate office. Actually I do believe that they can't legally do that there, they lie to customers, they NEVER put stock on the floor and yet they give it to some greedy jerk. Eh, if you EVER see a case of figures sitting on a floor there, feel free to open it and if you ever get the situation like what's been reported at Wal-Marts with the employees saying that you can't take figures until they're on the pegs then just throw that up in their face and say you've got a witness - your girlfriend, plus other proof about it, plus there would also be the recordings of the purchases in the computer. Or you could just call the corp. office and tell them the whole story and they'd have to pick up the purchases in the computer, unless it was done where TRU paid for the figures, but the employees kept the money, then they could be arrested because that's called 'stealing'.

Darth Narcis
06-01-2002, 08:53 PM
the reason i spend so much time is that i wanted to go once and get everything, instead of going back time after time...

aharry
06-01-2002, 09:58 PM
I've learned a long time ago not to ask the people who work these places anything. It's easier for them not to help than to help. I just go store hopping until I find what I'm looking for. Most of the time this works for me and I don't waste too much time doing it. If that TRU is doing those things, screw them and go to Wally World, Target, or even KB. There are way too many other places to go besides hanging there for half a day.

CooLJoE
06-02-2002, 01:37 AM
I would get so angry if that happened around here. I think if it happened to me, you'd literally see me turn green and start smashing things hulk-style.

The way I do things, I get kinda buddy buddy with the people there. Joke with them about whatever or just do small talk with them everytime your there. I do this mostly because thats just how I am (my friend too...he gets into small conversations everywhere he goes), but it also helps when it comes time to get information about figure releases.

Now I wouldn't say do it just for the info (aka using them). But it never hurts anyways. You make them feel better that day and you get another buddy. Its always good to have buddies.

Darth Annexis
06-02-2002, 04:44 AM
Geez...where to start.

I hate TRU. Here in California they are all alike...Lies Lies Lies.
It started on the night the figures were to be released. 12:01 I had to drive 30 miles to get to a TRU that was open at Midnight...but my local one told me they would mearly open early 6AM on the day but not midnight...I called back again to confirm and I was told that they were not going to open early at all. I was suspicious but had a buddy to go to the one 30 miles away...I found that my local store opened at 12:01. just like they had assured me on three different calls that they would not.

I have found a KB that I have gotten freindly with the 1st shift staff...she'll help me find my lost figures.

I just wish that Hasbro would get their cases together properly...all through the POTJ line, I ordered cases from EEarth...never had a problem...not they are too hard to decipher and I have to hop stores...I should just pay the 11.00 a figure on the web sites and save my gas and time...I have beter things to do....

Obi-Don
06-02-2002, 05:02 AM
Sometimes it just doesn't pay to ask for help. I had one person at a target tell me that they don't sell Star Wars anymore. The bad thing was , we were standing in front of thier SW display. I told him to turn around and asked him again and he told me" I don't know". He should have told the turth the 1st time and he wouldn't have looked so stupid. I haven't been back to that store.

SQueek
06-02-2002, 08:11 AM
That story brings a tear to my eye, i hate old frickin losers who take all the figs, i mean i dont like seeing them go to 5 year old swho cant tell the difference from dooku and a clone trooper but still. people need to realize they are toys and should not be fought over.

lobster-man
06-02-2002, 08:25 AM
I rarely shop at any TRU for the fact that out of 3 States that I have lived in a close proximaty to one... 2of the 3 stores were run this way. A worker at the one here in Jax Fla actually told me that Hasbro has discontinued its line and no more will be made until Episode 3 comes out... I knew that this was not true...so I just left it alone. My 3-yr old daughter was looking at toys with My Wife....Then as we were checking out this fellow had 2 -cases of the New (coll 1, wave 4) Star Wars figures in his cart Still factory sealed...The customer was arguing with the cashier that the Manager said he could just take the cases as is and that opening them would hurt his profits...So the manager came up apologized to the man and stated that it was the only way she could scan them up... so he agreed. After the manager opened the cases for Him, He told the cashier that He wasn't going to get stuck with all the Mace Windu Rescue figures, so she could stuff them to the side cause no one buys figures of Blacks around here ("classy" guy :mad: ) I saw the cashier put the New Chewbacca in the guy's bag. I felt so shafted that I didn't feel like buying anything from TRU again! to make matters worse I asked accross the counter is that the New Chewbacca and the guy said Yeah, if You got $20 bucks You can buy it off of Me in the parking lot! My wife asked why I even botherred talking to such an Ignorant Man! :stupid: Tru supports Him???:confused: :( :eek: :cry: :crazed: I cannot shop there again!:dead:

robman71
06-02-2002, 08:35 AM
Lobsterman, I am very interested in finding out which TRU in Jax this was, seems that every time I go into one of them lately, there is nothing new. Even the old stuff is going fast. I know that there are scalpers in the area, I just have not been able to catch them like you.:eek: