PDA

View Full Version : Asteroid Chase

jawaboy
06-01-2002, 11:33 AM
I liked the asteroid chase in AOTC, don't get me wrong. But did you kinda feel that it isn't that difficult to fly through an asteroid field? Doesn't it make Han's flying skills in ESB seem a little less spectacular and Threepios "odds of survival" a little off the beaten path?

chewie
06-01-2002, 12:00 PM
To Han's credit, they were flying in a huge, slow freighter-class ship. Fett's ship was big, but armed to the teeth for shooting through asteroids, and Obi-Wan's itty bitty fighter craft had lots of manuverability.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-01-2002, 12:28 PM
I don't know, I haven't flown a starship through many asteroid fields. :D

saladin
06-01-2002, 01:28 PM
well i'm sure obi-wan used the force to sense some astroids and steer clear, while jango must spent years with his ship and has probably been in worse situations

JetsAndHeels
06-01-2002, 02:16 PM
To me it did not appear as if the asteroids were moving as fast as they were in ESB. Actually they appeared to be pretty stationary. Another difference is that it did not appear to be a large asteroid field as it did in ESB. It was just one area in front of Geonosis, so perhaps that made it a little easier as well.

Battle Droid
06-01-2002, 10:16 PM
Yeah, but don't you just hate a Backseat Driver 'Pilot.' (Boba fett)?

yukface27
06-02-2002, 10:04 PM
In EPII the asteroids were stationary because they formed ring around the planet. If they were actually orbiting the planet they'll be moving slow, so they aren't the biggest hazard. In EPIV it seems to be a moving asteroid field, passing through the galaxy, that's why it was trickier.

LTBasker
06-03-2002, 06:06 AM
Han also had to keep away from TIE Fighters and huge Star Destroyers. Plus remember the size of the asteroid that they flew into the space worm's mouth in? That was HUGE.

I know it's not exactly canon but it's a very big challenge piloting the Falcon in Rogue Leader, it's not meant as a fighter, as seen in E2 the idea of that ship type is just a cargo freighter.

pthfnder89
06-03-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
I know it's not exactly canon but it's a very big challenge piloting the Falcon in Rogue Leader, it's not meant as a fighter, as seen in E2 the idea of that ship type is just a cargo freighter.

Ugh, I can't unlock the Falcon in Rogue Leader. There are a few of the final ships I can't get to (though to be honest I don't have much time to spend on it.)

Personally I think the Ep2 asteroid chase was a little *too* action packed. It seemed sooo fast paced that nothing seemed as real as the ESB asteroid sequence. I particularly didn't like Slave 1's superfast lasers. They just hurt my eyes to watch and they made it so I could barely see Obi Wans ship, so it wasn't very involving to me.:(

chris
06-04-2002, 11:17 AM
Whether it makes a lot of sense or not, the asteroid chase was still awesome.