PDA

View Full Version : Is 12" Mace worth getting?

jeffgarcia
05-17-2002, 10:27 PM
Is the Mace Windu Episode 2 TRU exclusive figure worth anything?

QLD
05-18-2002, 12:59 AM
It's worth about the time it took you to write that. He has a big dumb grin on his face. I don't like it, no sir, not at all.

JediTricks
05-18-2002, 02:06 PM
$20 in TRU credit if you return him. ;) Honestly, there were a lot of these on the shelves I saw yesterday (2 different stores) and not one of them showed any signs of interested buyers. This one is probably gonna be acceptable to the 12" crowd, but nothing hot or rare.

CooLJoE
05-18-2002, 02:48 PM
Yeah, we went early this morning to TRU (after raiding the grand opening of a Micro Center here in MI) and found like 10 12" Maces out of a total 15 12" figures. Couple obis and anis 12". No clone troopers which made me glad I grabbed one last week.

Also it appears today was the day they restocked SW stuff because there were TONS of Bespin Vader, Luke, Final Jango, and Mace. No bloody stump Luke though. Over 10 Luke's and not a single bloody version.

jedi_uk73
05-18-2002, 08:05 PM
Give it a year or so, then 12" Mace may be worth a bit more. It's only just been released, so stores will take time to get there full shipments.

At the moment, It's only worth what you paid for it.

Darth Vinz
05-18-2002, 09:03 PM
My friend juz bought his 12" Mace Windu from a local Toyz shop at a discounted price. If you've bought yours at full price......you're screwed......:evil: Apparently, it's a TRU figure only in the US but quite common elsewhere.

Jayspawn
06-01-2002, 10:56 AM
All my Toys'R'Us have the 12" Exclusive Mace Windus in stock and I'm battling over weather I should get one or not. I really love the Episode I Mace and it's only $19.95. Is it worth getting?

Oppinions? Comments?

Lman316
06-01-2002, 11:06 AM
Yeah, I really wouldn't mind having some info on this one too. I don't usually collect the 12", but this time around, I'm definitely getting Dooku and Plo (if he looks decent), but I have been thinking about getting a Mace, Yellow Clone Trooper, Ki-Adi, and now I'm starting to think I should have grabbed that Ultimate Villian Jango when I had the chance.
But I'd like to hear about the Mace too :D.

End :).

JediJeff77
06-01-2002, 11:16 AM
The TRU Mace Windu is kinda cool. Basically, the only differences between him and the Ep1 Mace are his boots, lightsaber and a real-scan, dopey-looking grin head. :) He's worth picking up if you don't have the Ep1 Mace, but honestly, I liked the Ep1 Mace better. :)
Hope that helps.
btw, the Ultimate Villain Jango IS AWESOME, everyone that sees him should buy him!!!
-J

Lman316
06-01-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by JediJeff77
The TRU Mace Windu is kinda cool. Basically, the only differences between him and the Ep1 Mace are his boots, lightsaber and a real-scan, dopey-looking grin head. :) He's worth picking up if you don't have the Ep1 Mace, but honestly, I liked the Ep1 Mace better. :)
Hope that helps.
btw, the Ultimate Villain Jango IS AWESOME, everyone that sees him should buy him!!!
-J

Thanks for the info on the Ep2 Mace. I think the only reason I really wanted to pick it up is because he has a cool lookin' lightsaber. I don't know what's up with these grinnin' figures...

And about the Jango.... D'OH!

End :crazed:.

The True Maul
06-01-2002, 08:09 PM
It's a fair figure not the not good but not Bad!!!

pthfnder89
06-01-2002, 08:27 PM
You get more with the Ep1 Mace too. He has a very nice brown cloak, whereas the AOTC Mace doesn't.

SuperBattleDroid88
06-01-2002, 09:20 PM
If you have the Mace Windu (TPM) then I wouldn't get it....
I have the 12" Mace Windu (TPM) and he is better IMO...
I think I'll wait until all the 12incers go on sale really cheap though...

Lman316
06-01-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by SuperBattleDroid88
If you have the Mace Windu (TPM) then I wouldn't get it....
I have the 12" Mace Windu (TPM) and he is better IMO...
I think I'll wait until all the 12incers go on sale really cheap though...

That sounds like a good idea. But I'll be getting a Dooku right away if I see him. I just know if I don't, I'll regret it.
Like I've posted, I'm regretting not getting the Jango when I saw him (it was out of town, and I haven't seen one in my area yet) and now I'm regretting not getting the Yellow Clone Trooper when I saw him :cry:.
I just hope my KB gets more clones in, and I hope that someone gets in the Jango around here.

End.

Jedi Kit Fisto
06-23-2002, 02:18 PM
What do you guys think of the 12" ATOC Mace? Better than the EP1?

Mace Windex
06-23-2002, 03:17 PM
Well, to be honest I like Ep 1 Mace better. At least he came with a robe!! I do like the new Mace's lightsaber though!
Hey hasbro, BRING BACK THE JEDI ROBES!!

chris
06-23-2002, 05:36 PM
It's a toss up, but i think i would have to say ep1 is the better of the two.

Jedi Kit Fisto
06-23-2002, 07:02 PM
Yeah, that was my first thought when I saw the new Mace, the old one was better (but rare)

JediJeff77
06-23-2002, 10:38 PM
The Episode 1 figure was better, IMO. If the new one didn't have that goofy grin, I would like him better, as it is a better likeness. :)
-J

Jayspawn
06-23-2002, 11:44 PM
I like the Epidoe I Mace a LOT better. He looks just like Samuel L. and he comes with a robe!

Come on Hasbro, make the robes!

humsup
06-25-2002, 08:08 AM
I would prefer the Episode 1 release ... but only by a little reason being the robe. In my opinion, Mace's eyes are the best feature that must be brought out but neither version achieve that.

jedi master sal
06-25-2002, 12:56 PM
Mace in any form is worth it. Besides if you look close his saber says BMF on it. Okay that was a joke but if you got it keep it to yourself. I deliberately did not spell it out for obvious reasons.

Laserbrain
06-25-2002, 01:37 PM
It's worth it if you put his gear on the AA BBI Body Builder.

Lock&Load:
http://www.blueboxtoys.com/bbi/images/accessories/eforce/body_builder/large/001.jpg

Also keep in mind that the AOTC version does not have the cloak. Brian's Toys does have the TMP version though...

evenflow
06-25-2002, 04:53 PM
Besides the Lightsaber, I like the Episode I one better.

darthdeogg
06-25-2002, 07:24 PM
I'd have to say the TPM Mace......The facial likeness is just better. That and the ever infamous robe.
......but hey, it's Samuel, so they BOTH are bad mutha *shut yo mouth*