PDA

View Full Version : Funny-Looking Dooku.....

Jedi Juice
06-01-2002, 05:11 PM
Well, today on my quest for new figs (didn't get any btw), I found another batch of Dooku figs. Well I decide to buy another one to display in my room. However, after distinguishing between both of my Dooku's I noticed that the one I picked up today has a frowny face. Dooku's face actually looks like he is crying! I thought this very funny and I knew I had to share this with everyone.

Did anyone else buy a figure and then notice the strange face? Haha, anyway, I'm going.

Have fun.

Sidiously Darth
06-01-2002, 06:14 PM
Speaking of funny, in the movie his cloak is brown as w/ the figure. However, in the movie, his tunic is black but not so with the figure. What's up with that?

Lman316
06-01-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Sidiously Darth
Speaking of funny, in the movie his cloak is brown as w/ the figure. However, in the movie, his tunic is black but not so with the figure. What's up with that?

Yeah, a lot of people noticed this too. And what's weirder is that the prototypes for both the Dooku and Tyranus figures had black outfits, and they changed them to dark brown.
Hopefully any new versions of Dooku will have black tunics and hopefully, so will the 12".

End :).

TK421BB
06-01-2002, 07:11 PM
I also found Dooku's with a frowny face. Not only is his face frowny but his eyes seem bigger also..

SuperBattleDroid88
06-01-2002, 07:45 PM
Is this what you mean? This is my Dooku and he looks like he is frowning.... I thought they were all like that.... :rolleyes:

pthfnder89
06-01-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Sidiously Darth

Well actually, the real cloak is black on the outside but the inside is brown just like the toys.

Since they couldn't mold the cape with two colors of plastic they probably just chose brown. :( Too bad, I would have liked black a lot better.

Since the 12' figures cape is actually fabric, hopefully they willdo it right with both colors.:)

steve3p0
06-01-2002, 11:06 PM
i've not seen ANY dooku figures with an "angry" look.

i think the figure's face is modeled after his apperance in the scene in which he asks obi-wan to join him.
not the more serious look he has during the duel or as he is pictured on the front of the figure's card.

Darth Evil
06-02-2002, 07:00 AM
My Dooku doesn't look quite as sad, but still kind of depressed. At least his expression isn't totally scene specific, like HD Anakin.

Croaker
06-02-2002, 08:15 AM
If you look closely you'll notice that the eyes are painted above where the eyes are sculpted on the figure.
I was going through a whole case of Dookus at the store and they were all like this.
I was also looking for one that didn't have a large gap at his waist.

BizRodian
06-02-2002, 04:49 PM
Yes Croaker... the Dooku I have has the big gap in his waist, and he looks incredibly depressed. I was pretty disapointed with the toy..

saladin
06-02-2002, 04:56 PM
i'm pretty happy with mine so no complaints.

JediTricks
06-02-2002, 09:09 PM
I saw 4 dookus together at a TRU last week, 2 of them had very small white paint for the eyes with thickly-painted dark pupils and such, while the other 2 had thin dark paint and large, drippy/droopy white paint. I forgot to check to see if the date stamps match up though, but I'm betting that's what it is.

corporal AMF
07-05-2002, 08:04 PM
Well duuku has the same problem as pink-chin maul.......really bad paint over a good headsculpt