PDA

View Full Version : StarWars.Com Cargo Bay Lists New Basic Figures

Beast
06-01-2002, 11:43 PM
Of course they were wrong in the past about a few things, but they now list the following figures to be avaliable later this year. All of these have been on the rumored list for this year, as well as early Hasbro lists. :)

Clone Trooper: Republic Gunship Pilot
Destroyer Droid: Arena Battle
Jango Fett: Slave 1 Pilot
Lott Dodd: Neimoidian Senator
Tusken Raider w/ Massiff
Watto: Mos Espa Junk Dealer

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
06-01-2002, 11:57 PM
I hope to God that is correct, it looks like they've corrected everything. :D

Battle Droid
06-02-2002, 12:03 AM
There's an Unleased Darth Tyrannus listed also.

Lman316
06-02-2002, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Of course they were wrong in the past about a few things, but they now list the following figures to be avaliable later this year. All of these have been on the rumored list for this year, as well as early Hasbro lists. :)

Clone Trooper: Republic Gunship Pilot
Destroyer Droid: Arena Battle
Jango Fett: Slave 1 Pilot
Lott Dodd: Neimoidian Senator
Tusken Raider w/ Massiff
Watto: Mos Espa Junk Dealer

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I like all of those listed, but I'm really liking the Tusken with Massiff. Now I'm wondering if I should take my other Massiff back so I won't have two of the same (lucky I didn't open it yet). I didn't want two of the same fighting over the Rancor with Luke bone - it just looks weird with the exact same pose. But the Cargo Bay could be wrong, or they might just put the same Massiff in with the Tusken.
Oh, decisions, decisions.

End :crazed:.

Battle Droid
06-02-2002, 12:51 AM
The massiff better come with a Bantha bone for 2 of them to fight over!

LTBasker
06-02-2002, 01:48 AM
If the Tusken Raider's massiff is different, just use the two different ones for the same scene and put the rest in the background. I plan on getting the Massiff w/ Geonosians anyways for the Geonosians.

Isn't the gunship pilot a deluxe fig with the bubble cannons?

Hope the droideka is good, at least now I won't have to hunt around for E1 ones. :) Hope they at least corrected the middle "eye", on both Droideka figs they made it to short so he's looking at the ground while really it's supposed to be long and curve out for him to see straight ahead.

Battle Droid
06-02-2002, 01:51 AM
Yeah they better fix the Droideka middle eye! And one better fold up.

pthfnder89
06-02-2002, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker

Isn't the gunship pilot a deluxe fig with the bubble cannons?

Hope the droideka is good, at least now I won't have to hunt around for E1 ones. :) Hope they at least corrected the middle "eye", on both Droideka figs they made it to short so he's looking at the ground while really it's supposed to be long and curve out for him to see straight ahead.

The Gunship Pilot is supposed to be a Basic figure LTB. The size of the bubble cannon is up in the air though. It may not actually be large enough for the trooper to fit in. Instead I think it will simply be about the size of the bubble turrets in the wings of the gunship vehicle, which look like they're about 1/2 proper scale, just like the rest of the ship.

I have about a dozen Droikekas from Ep1 so I hope they do something different with this new one.:) None of these new listed figures is interesting to me except Slave 1 Jango. That one I'm excited about :)

Battle Droid
06-02-2002, 02:05 AM
Maybe the Bubble Turret with have a Mini-Me Clone Trooper sculpted inside it, or it may be removable.

LTBasker
06-02-2002, 02:06 AM
True, pthfnder. I forgot about the sizing, most likely the cannons will be small and if they make it a snap together thing, then it could easily fit in the basic figure bubbles, oh well, least with that we don't have to pay double the price for one. :D

187-Maul
06-02-2002, 07:13 AM
I already have 3 droidakas and one oone battle damages but I would gladly put them away for some better new ones:D

Darth Evil
06-02-2002, 08:06 AM
I hope the Pilot Jango comes with a removable helmet, I'd be a bit disappointed otherwise. Can't wait to get my hands on the Clonetrooper Pilot either.

Geonosian
06-02-2002, 08:15 AM
DARN no Poggle the lesser figure. Also no Lama Su figure.
Abit disapointing!

mylow thehutt
06-02-2002, 02:24 PM
:) We have Jango fett:slave 1 pilot

Tuesken male with Massif

Watto

Lott dodd

found this at reblescum.:happy:

Rogue II
06-02-2002, 02:33 PM
Jar Jar posted it this morning. Its under the thread "Starwars.com....New Basic Figures."

mylow thehutt
06-02-2002, 02:47 PM
oh sorry,darn I looked too.oh well.

mylow thehutt
06-02-2002, 02:53 PM
hope the new destroyer droid can fold up in a ball.

saladin
06-02-2002, 05:49 PM
i'm just glad there is a new trooper

BizRodian
06-02-2002, 05:55 PM
Lott Dodd wasn't even in this film unless he got a face lift and a vocal cord tightening. But I'm looking forward to another Neimodian regardless.

I hope the Raider is cool... I still haven't got the sniper one :( The Massif better be different too...

The new Destroyer will probably just be a new sculpt for the main parts with perhaps an action feature. I think in AOTC they had a different paint job too... I think the rolling feature is far to much to hope for.

The clone trooper can just be yellow as far as I'm concered... I don't need no stinkin bubble...

Beast
06-02-2002, 06:03 PM
Lott Dod is an E1 figure, BizRodian. A long cancelled one, that is finally seeing the light of day. I'm happy, hopefully we still get Holo Nute Gunray as well. And then maybe Daultay Dofine and Tey How, would be a nice addition.

I doubt the Massiff will be very different. Maybe a slightly different paint job and come with a bone. The Tusken I bet will have the rumored removable head. :)

The Destroyer Droid is probably a new version, similar to the one from the cancelled Jar Jar vs Destroyer Droid 2-pack. With the correct extended ceneter eye. I doubt we'll get a rolling up feature. Though a shield is a good ****ibility with the size of the bubbles.

Just a yellow CloneTrooper maybe fine for you. But we need a pilot version with the side turrets for our gunships that are coming out the same time. We'll probably get the CloneTrooper Commander next year. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mylow thehutt
06-02-2002, 06:36 PM
Jar Jar is the commader the Blue one?

Beast
06-02-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by mylow thehutt
Jar Jar is the commader the Blue one?
Nope, Blue CT's are Lieutenants. Commanders are Yellow. Here is the color breakdown again, according to StarWars.com:

"It is indeed an indication of rank. Yellow markings indicate a commander. Red clone troopers are captains, blue are lieutenants and green are sergeants."

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
06-02-2002, 06:44 PM
The Tusken with Massif is a curious inclusion. Well the Massif is. We haven't seen the Massif over here in the UK yet so is it possible that they ceased production on the Geo handler with Massif and it's a rarity? Replaced by the Tusken version. I hope that's not so because I really wanted both the Geo handler and the Massif together seeing as the Geo handler was a nicer Geonosian than the single carded one. I think I'd like some clarification on that one.

Beast
06-02-2002, 07:01 PM
I doubt they ceased production Jargo. The Massiff and Geonosian Handler is stilll scheduled to be rotated back in future assortments. Just a case of giving people somthing extra with their Tusken figure. And since the Massiff's are actually visible on Tatooine it makes sense. Ugh, I can see scalpers now:

"Rare Massiff w/ Geonosian Handler"
Hasbro packed the Massiff in with the wrong charecter, and now have said that the the Massiff will be coming with a Tusken Raider. Get this rare hard to find mistake figure, because Hasbro won't make anymore of this set ever."

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
06-02-2002, 08:02 PM
Who cares if the Massiff was on Tatooine in the movie? It's a good diorama filler plus the Geonosian is great considering the Geonosian audience were wingless plus the ones that attacked Padme and Anakin first were wingless. It seems only the higher ranked ones are the winged ones.

Battle Droid
06-02-2002, 10:21 PM
I hope Dodd still has the removable hat/crown.

The Destroyer Droid should come with four long (2 in.) blast affects to attach to it's guns.

Jargo
06-03-2002, 03:54 PM
I stand corrected on there not being Massifs in the UK, I bought two today and finally found my crappy Dooku. :) Love the massif to bits even though it's non posable. The mouth is great and they can be posed just like the two circling Massifs in the Tusken camp. The Geonosian was a little less brilliant being covered in grey/green/silver spray and hardly anything like as colourful as the prototype pics. But at least he stands up and at the end of the day I can always repaint him. :)

The Tusken will probably pack with a massif that simply doesn't have the harness. I'm all for more Tusken raiders and critters. Now if they'd just release the Tusken tent to shove a beat up Shmi into...... :evil: