PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Summer 2002 finds

Pages : 1 [2]

KIDD
09-20-2002, 08:06 PM
KB on six corners on irving park and cicero has 6 of the new window box jedi starfighters the will be put out tomorrow morning get em quick i got mine

KIDD
09-21-2002, 01:23 PM
Lott dod wave is at the lake zurich target as of this morning

Darth Banky
09-24-2002, 12:00 PM
KB in Joliet had 6 windowbox starfighters as of 10:30am. TRU had 8 Luke/Tauntaun's and Target had one lonely Ki-Adi Mundi.

Darth Banky
09-26-2002, 10:29 AM
As of 9am Fox Valley Meijer had 4 gunships, 2 Ki-Adi's and 1 Deluxe 3PO.

Target in FV had 2 Hoth sets and 1 Arena set.

Bolingbrook Meijer also had 4 gunships and the target had the Jango/Maul unleashed reduced to 11.18.

Also, thanks to Bucaroo and KIDD for hooking me up with the Lott Dod wave. Thanks guys!!!!!

KIDD
09-26-2002, 06:26 PM
Not a problem Banky

KIDD
09-29-2002, 08:28 PM
lets take this over to www.galactichunter.com and keep posting there cause it seems to be dead here

icatch9
09-30-2002, 01:31 PM
Going to another site is fine, but there just isn't much to talk about. This is a just found forum for Chiland and there just isn't much being found in this area right now. I can see why you'd think it was dead, but there is no need to go somewhere else. There is plenty of stuff to talk about in other forums on SSG, but as far as stuff found in Chi Land it's pretty slow. There isn't that much out right now. We are in a lull between summer movies and the X mas push.

vader_62
10-01-2002, 08:21 AM
You are absolutely right Icatch9. There isn';t a whole lot being found. I haven't even seen the Lot Dodd, Anakin TA, New Maul, Clone Pilot or Jango Pilot. The last new items I found were the #PO and Yoda Deluxe figures. I also found a 12" Dooku, all the accessory sets and all the Action Fleet Vehicles( X-wing, Millenium Falcon and Vader's Tie Fighter. These were all found at Target in Vernon Hills. I also nabbed a TRU Landspeeder at the TRU in Vernon Hills. I have seen a bunch of the RC R2-D2s, but that is too expensive for me to buy right now. Anyway, this thread will take off again when we start getting some new stuff. (I hope! ) :)

KIDD
10-01-2002, 07:28 PM
Well i don't know about you guys but ive been finding everything with no problems,Ive found lott dodd,watto,tusken w/massiff,maul,anakin,ki-adi mundi,teemto,padme pilot,jango pilot,clone trooper pilot i think you guys arent looking hard enough.but on a different note kb on 6 corners got the lott dod wave in today happy hunting

KIDD
10-01-2002, 09:11 PM
I love being me i hitkb on fullerton and found more lott dodd's watto's massiff w/tusken ki-adi mundi
teemtoo blond endor trooper jango pilot padme pilot and republic gunship pilot :-0

skyywalkerr
10-02-2002, 12:08 AM
<grumble grumble grumble> KIDD you big unemployed slacker, how dare you find stuff befor us! MWAHAHAHAHA just kidding buddy

vader_62
10-02-2002, 11:45 AM
KIDD, Nice finds. I look as often as I can, but the stores by me just aren't getting anything new. I am going to have to expand my 20 mile search radius. I hate to do that. The KBs by you seem to be really good. The only one near me stinks. They still have peg-warming POTJ figures on the shelves.

KIDD
10-02-2002, 08:46 PM
Here are the dates for this year and next year's (so mark your calendars!)Kane County Toy Shows

Oct 27, 2002<------- coming up soon
Apr 27, 2003
Jun 22, 2003
Oct 26, 2003 Oops i forgot its at the Kane County Fair Grounds

icatch9
10-03-2002, 09:18 AM
Kidd we all know that you have great luck finding stuff. Still you seem to find stuff at the same places wich aparently get stuff in. I've of course look in my area I'd say 5 times a week at TRU, WM and Target. Plus, over the last two months I've been all over North, Central, and Souther Illinois and of course stopping at every WM, Target and TRU along the way. Still, the last new carded figure I got was Obi Wan Pilot (and that was a very long time ago). We can't buy stuff if the stores don't get it in. It's not like I'm missing out either. I can tell when new toys have been added to the shelves and the stores in my area have had the same stuff forever. So, for most of us in Chi Land, it's just a waiting game. They will come soon enough and we'll all be happy.

Still, new stuff is fine, but I got you beat. I found a couple TC 14 and R2 B1 last Sunday at a small store in Southern IL. They were even on sale for $3.00. I think that tumps any Lott Dodds or Ki Adi Mundies you've found :). Still it's not a competition :D.

Good luck to all.

KIDD
10-03-2002, 09:39 AM
hey good for you im glad u finally found somethimg

icatch9
10-04-2002, 08:39 AM
Reading the stuff on the main page I see that TRU is going to be getting all the new figures in 10 fold. So, they will be easy to find wich is good for everyone.

Finally found something? Yes, I guess I did. But I also found
TC 14 and R2 B1 back in 99' when they where released, so these two where old news. Still a way cool find on a retail shelf on clearance to boot!

KIDD
10-06-2002, 10:30 PM
Brick Yard toy r us got the gunships in

Wolfwood319
10-06-2002, 10:54 PM
Where is Brick Yard TRU?

KIDD
10-07-2002, 07:43 PM
fullerton & narragansset

Wolfwood319
10-07-2002, 08:31 PM
You must really have a lot of time on your hands to be able to search high and low like that. You seem to hit all 4 corners of the burbs and the city it seems.

Thanks for the tip!

vader_62
10-08-2002, 08:10 AM
Hey all. Just found the newest wave of Action Fleet Vehicles. Dooku's Solar Sailer, AT-TE and N1 Starship. Also found the flying Geonosian warrior and 12" Super Battledroid. The problem is I don't collect 12" or Action Fleet. They looked pretty sweet though. All of these finds were at Targets in Northbrook & Gurnee. Wish I'd see some new 3 3/4" Action Figures.

icatch9, Nice find on the TC-14 and R2-B1. I had to buy R2-B1 on Ebay(read: overpriced).

icatch9
10-08-2002, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the Kudos vader_62. I've had strange luck when it comes to finding things. I find figures like those when I shouldn't and have the hardest time finding figues that are new a easy to find for most others. Oh, well. I get everything sooner or later, and I'm lucky I can buy the stuff when I find it. No complaints from me :D.

I found a newer way (new to me old to some) of Ki Adi, Teemeto, Darth Maul, Massif w/ Tuskin, and TA Anakin at KB in Mattson on Lincoln Highway. That's all that I've found new in the longest time.

Sentinel18725
10-08-2002, 04:40 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen....the wonderful Target on Elston had all of the Accessory sets today (finished my set with the Endor set finally). No new figures noticed though....

Wolfwood319
10-08-2002, 08:50 PM
Landmark Target had accessory sets, Naboo MM, and TA Anakin wave today. They also had discounted the Reek to 7.87. Golf Mill TRU had 2 Republic Gunships, and they still have 12'' Luke/ Taun Taun. That's all I found on my lunch run today.

Happy huntin'

icatch9
10-09-2002, 08:47 AM
I went to the Secret Grand Opening of the new Super Target in St. Charles last night. It was only open from 6pm-10pm yesterday. It was so secret that about 8,000 people where there. Needless to say it wasn't to secret. Everyone got 10% off of everything they bought (excluding produce and meat) so that was cool.

Anyway, they had the new Darth Maul and TA Anakin. Plus, plenty of accesory packs and Yoda Deluxe. Nothing to great but it was fun to go to a brand new store.

Wolfwood319
10-09-2002, 06:41 PM
Where's this new Target? I'm just off of Randall and McDonald, and the only targets I know of our on Randall.

KIDD
10-09-2002, 08:14 PM
its on north ave by the walmart and toys r us

KIDD
10-09-2002, 08:16 PM
we should take this over to gh there are alot of chicago people there with good finds www.galactichunter.com

icatch9
10-10-2002, 10:41 AM
I went over to GH and it's nice there, but it's the same as hear. Why do you promote that site? Why don't you tell all of those guys to come over to SSG? It just seems that you have some sort of interest in GH thats all.

Last night the Gurnee Target had 1 Lott Dodd and Watto both with Damaged package. TRU in Gurnee marked down thier Reeks to $10.00 and 25th Anniversary 2 packs to $10 (No Vader vs. Obi Wan). Had a couple of Anakin Sabers out of the boxes for $15.00. That's all that was new.

Flembar
10-10-2002, 11:05 AM
Kidd.... thanks for the tip on the new site.... but Im staying put too

Flembar
10-10-2002, 02:18 PM
just back from my honeymoon... I went around looking for some new stuff today for the first time in a while

TRU Brickyard had one last Rep Gunship.... I got it and they said they expected no more in so dont bother there

Target on Elston had loads of Death Star accessory sets

KB at 6 corners had a bunch of the jedi starfighter with OB1 exclusives for $22

otherwise the standard peg warmers for $5 everywhere

now that I picked up the gunship.... any body seen the new pilots or deluxe trooper with bike?

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

KIDD
10-10-2002, 08:07 PM
the toys r us in melrose park has republic gunship about 6 of them
and the brickyard toys r us has about 3 gunships but they are in the back room u just have to know who to talk to

Flembar
10-11-2002, 12:20 AM
interesting... I specifically asked about the stock room inventory because the box I got was dented up (not that I cared, I open everything anyway)

the guy I talked to at Brickyard looked the gunships up on the computer and said there were no more in stock with no more coming in

what is the name of your contact at the brickyard TRU, Kidd?

icatch9
10-11-2002, 08:45 AM
Found the Arena Playset and the Republic Gunship last night. Got the Arena at WM in Vernon Hills and the Gunship at TRU in VH. Got the last one of each, but I'm sure they will be easy to find soon enough.

Don't trust a TRU employee. I have found that they don't know what they are talking about or have a clue what is in inventory or what is not (no offense to any TRU employees). Why wouldn't they get more in. This is a big X Mas gift. They will have plenty everywhere.

Just wait we'll all have them.

skyywalkerr
10-13-2002, 11:08 AM
Target on Meacham in Schaumburg had accessory sets this morning...it took me a minute to process what they were, since I never saw them in a store before :)

vader_62
10-14-2002, 08:23 AM
Found Lott Dodd, Tasken w/ Massiff and Watto at Gurnee TRU. They were all $4.99, so I was happy.

But......

They also had Endor Trooper no beard and Ki-Adi Mundi, but there was some jerk there who bought them all. I counted probably 7 Ki-Adi's in his cart. I'm not sure how many Endor Troopers he had. He was a complete idiot. I hope it wasn't anybody on this Forum. I helped him out and he didn't even think to share, so I'm assuming - Scalper. He was going to buy an Obi-Wan with Assassin droid because he thought it was new. I stopped him from doing this. I should've let him waste his money. He was also in a panic because he wanted Clone Trooper Preview Figures. I thought to myself if you were a collector, you'd have both of these figures already and you would know what is new.

Anyway, new stuff is coming, so we'll just have to be patient.

Flembar
10-15-2002, 02:38 PM
as of 12:30 pm today.... wal-mart on toughy in Niles had the standard peg warmers and at least one Dooku for anyone who hasnt found him yet

TRU Brickyard (Fullerton & Narraganset) had several yodas, and a bunch of the following: Amidala Coruscant Attack, Darth Maul training (didnt interest me--how many Mauls can we have?!), Anakin Tat. attack (look in the bin next to the pegs)

TRU also had two gunships.... which is interesting b-cuz last week they looked them up on their computer and told me they were out of them and would receive no more

However, Kidd and iCatch said TRU employees are idiots, more gunships were already in or would be coming in, and apparently they were right.

moral of the story.... believe the people on the board, not the jamokes at TRU

BTW.... anybody seen jango pilot or clone pilot yet?

also, where is the cheapest place to place to get Slave 1.... it seems to be $25 pretty much everywhere.... but there seems to be a lot of excess inventory so if I can get it cheaper id like to pick it up, particularly after the recent Sir Steve poll stoked my fire

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Darth Banky
10-15-2002, 02:56 PM
I just saw Slave 1 at Suncoast on clearance. I don't remember the exact price but it was around $13-14. Hope that helps. The ultimate Jango was also marked down to 19.99.

Flembar
10-15-2002, 03:15 PM
that's what Im talking about.... where is suncoast.... anywhere close to the city?

Darth Banky
10-15-2002, 04:25 PM
There should be a Suncoast in your local mall. Check your phone book. :)

Flembar
10-15-2002, 04:51 PM
check my phone book?!

man oh man... that will require actually getting up off my ***** and looking something up in the phone book

way too much work for my lazy bones

anybody just know where one of these places is?

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

skyywalkerr
10-15-2002, 05:53 PM
The only Suncoast I have seen since I moved here is in Randhurst Mall, which is at the intersection of Rand and 83

icatch9
10-16-2002, 09:48 AM
Go to Yahoo.com and go to the yellow pages. It will prompt you to enter your address. Do that and then type in Suncoast in the search. It will give you all the suncoasts in a million mile radius. It will give you address, phone number, and milage from you house. It's great. It even will give you directions from your house. It's a whole lot more helpful than a phone book :D. Still go to your mall. Every mall has a Suncoast, except Woodfield :(.

Darth Banky
10-16-2002, 10:46 AM
Boy oh boy. If you can't get up to get the phone book how are you going to get to the store to buy the Slave 1? :D Good luck!

Flembar
10-16-2002, 11:43 AM
its the looking thru the phone book that is tough

it requires actual mental energy

i can drive to the store in the same near daze i hypnotize myself into in front of the tv and computer each day

its the thinking part I dont like

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Darth Banky
10-16-2002, 11:58 AM
Gotcha'. That makes sense, I think. Well if you pick one up let me know how much it was. It's kind of bugging me that I can't remember. I'm pretty sure it's 50% off. anyway, good luck finding a suncoast. :crazed:

Darth Banky
10-16-2002, 03:00 PM
TRU in Joliet has a ton of the newer waves including Watto, Lott, Anakin, Maul and Padme pilot. I saw everything except Jango and Clone pilots. There are bins in the front and back of the store as well as the regular aisle of figures.

Flembar
10-16-2002, 03:57 PM
checked out the local suncoast

I was summarily unimpressed.... I was trying to remember what kind of store suncoast was

it is a VIDEO store!

yeah.... they had some toys, but all of it was small stuff.... nothing bigger than an action figure... mostly spiderman junk

and they only had EP2 preview figures at the store I went to

I dont doubt that some suncoast someplace carries Slave 1.... but going to stores like that is too hit and miss for me

I will avoid in the future

oh well.... Ill just have to wait for the clearance sales at TRU

Flembar
10-16-2002, 07:34 PM
BTW... should we start a fall 2002 finds thread?

anyone? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

skyywalkerr
10-16-2002, 08:33 PM
I got so many nasty emails for starting THIS one...but we can if you wish :)

KIDD
10-16-2002, 10:21 PM
picked up a lonely dlx clone trooper at the target on north ave in melrose tonight had one flippin anakin left

Flembar
10-17-2002, 07:52 AM
why did you get nasty emails?

i thought it was agreed months ago we'd have a spring, summer, fall, etc

am I mistaken?

u156446
10-17-2002, 08:21 AM
Was posting on galactichunter.com for a couple weeks, but I'm tired of their server instability. Not going back except to tie up loose ends.

Updates: TRU on Cicero in Bridgeview (as of last night) got new waves but only Ki-Adi, Teemto, Maul, Anakin TA. TRU on Rand (as of Tuesday) had nothing new. Walmart on Golf in Rolling Meadows has (as of this morning) one each of the new action fleet.

kiddo
10-17-2002, 09:38 AM
Yeah, galactichunter.com sucks.

skyywalkerr
10-17-2002, 10:55 AM
Okay...I will start a new forum if everyone wants to...But I think I'll do Chicagoland Fall/Winter finds...just because. <Creepy Halloween laughter> Oh and the TRU on Golf had a TA Anakin and a Ki Adi Mundi with the saber ripped out of the package. And does anyone nearby need a Sacul or a Bloody Luke? I wanna trade mine off

u156446
10-17-2002, 11:04 AM
What do you want/need for the Sacul?

skyywalkerr
10-17-2002, 11:10 AM
sent you a pm

Darth Banky
10-17-2002, 12:59 PM
Found all 3 of the new deluxe figures in Lockport at the K-Mart. There was only 1 Clone and 3 of Anakin and Flying Geo. The 2 Geo's and Anakin's, I left, were pretty bent up but good for openers.

skyywalkerr
10-17-2002, 03:57 PM
okay, I got a couple positive pms about doing a new thread, so I am off to do it

icatch9
10-17-2002, 04:11 PM
I was woundering why GH was no longer working. I'm glad not to many people jumped ship over there. SSG is proven and an outstanding place to talk Star Wars.

Nothing new in my neck of the woods, but each day brings new expectations.

Hey Skyywalker a new thread is a good idea!!

KIDD
10-17-2002, 04:12 PM
HEY skyywalkerr whos the newbie using my name with an o at the end doesnt that person know my name has a patent nad thats patent infrigment

KIDD
10-17-2002, 04:13 PM
hey Jeff give me a call

Wolfwood319
10-17-2002, 07:24 PM
TRU Golf Mill had loads of TA Anakins, Teemto, Maul, Lott Dodd, Wattos, Ki-Adi-Mundi, and Tuskens. Guess those rumors of TRU giving back all those GR Maces and getting new stuff on the shelves were true.

They also had 1 Padme Pilot and 2 Beardless Endor Soldiers, but I bought them, and I didn't see any others. They might put out more cases though.

KIDD
10-17-2002, 10:08 PM
sup wolf i have an xtra clone pilot if u need it

Wolfwood319
10-17-2002, 10:49 PM
Check your email. :)