PDA

View Full Version : New Face Sculpt on Yoda?

Lman316
06-02-2002, 02:12 PM
I was just at a KB Toyworks and looked at the one Yoda they had there. Well, the face seemed to be different from the one that I have and earlier ones that I've seen. It doesn't seem so angry.
Has anyone else noticed this? Or am I just imagining things again?

End :crazed:.

Dooku Fett
06-02-2002, 03:04 PM
Havn't seen a Yoda since the one I bought...

kadamontaga
06-02-2002, 06:25 PM
I haven't seen anything that looks like a new face sculpt, but there definately seem to be two or more colour variations available. The yodas that I saw everywhere on 4/23 had dark green skin, but all the others I've seen since seem to have a lighter green skin tone,

fourtwo
06-02-2002, 06:46 PM
i haven't even seen this figure yet.
:(

DarthMaulSithLord
06-02-2002, 06:54 PM
I just got mine from a nice Danish fella!

I'm gonna crack him open tomorrow, hope i don't lose his saber.

:D

JediTricks
06-02-2002, 09:12 PM
I haven't seen this, but I'll bet it's just the paint. I have 2 Ani HDs right now (one is going back to the store when I have time), the first one has mongoloid features with a heavy brow, thick eyebrows, and slightly-crossed eyes, while the second one has very thin eyebrows and normal eyes. They definitely do NOT look like they're supposed to be the same figure.

Jedi Juice
06-02-2002, 09:29 PM
Haha, and I thought that Dooku had a funny face. Anyway, there seems to be alot of paint variations on the figures lately.

Lman316
06-02-2002, 11:13 PM
I don't know, it definitely looks different to me. Maybe I'll go pick it up and get a pic of mine and that one and make a comparison on here.
I'll let you know if I get it - it's probably gone by now. But if it's not, I'll get it and I can always take it back later :crazed:

End :).

Sir FanBoy
06-02-2002, 11:16 PM
It could be just a bad paint job causing a different facial expression. In most cases when i look for figures i compare a couple and see how the paint job is done.

I had this one figure with one eye bigger than the other on Yodas face i was like ewww how awful some poor lad is gonna have to pick him up cause he will be the only Yoda left once this week passes by. (@ walmart)

bigbarada
06-03-2002, 12:40 AM
Any word on when Hasbro plans to fix his green hair?:mad:

Well, the good news is that with Yoda's new ultra-coolness because of Ep2 we can look forward to about 20 more resculpts of him before Ep3. Oh wait, was that the good news?:rolleyes:

BizRodian
06-03-2002, 01:22 AM
It's good if they make a better one. I don't like the one out now... he just doesn't look nice. The POTF2 one was cool I thought... but this one just seems eh...

bigbarada
06-03-2002, 01:38 AM
Don't get me wrong-o ;), I would love a couple of new Yoda sculpts. At least two more from Ep2 (one capable of sitting with his Jedi Council chair, and another capable of holding his lightsaber with both hands); but I just hope that Hasbro doesn't go overboard the way they did with the Ep1 Obi-Wans and Darth Mauls.

I would also like to see a new OT version of Yoda with some serious Dagobah accessories (including his house would be a good start).:)

187-Maul
06-03-2002, 11:33 AM
I wouldn't like to see that many resculpts of the characters as example Darth Maul but a few would be good cause look at padme: at the E1 release we got padme naberrie, amidala battle and amidala gown and with E2 we got arena with a feature that totally sucks abnd have to wait 2 months for another one
so a few resculpts would be good

Lman316
06-03-2002, 02:30 PM
I went back to KB today and looked at the Yoda. There was different light with this being earlier in the day and today it looks like the same face sculpt. It was the paint and the light was making it look funny.
I am very prone to seeing things :crazed:

End :).