PDA

View Full Version : Tusken Raider With Massiff pictures?

Dooku Fett
06-02-2002, 04:27 PM
Anyone have any pictures of the Tusken Raider with Massiff?

Vortex
06-02-2002, 04:28 PM
Huh? Like the toys or from the movie?

Dooku Fett
06-02-2002, 04:33 PM
The toy. If I wanted the real picures this post would be in the Episode II forum ;)

Vortex
06-02-2002, 04:41 PM
I do have the Massiff, but its packaged with the Geo. Warrior. I'm not sure if Hasbro has corrected this mistake yet or not.

Vortex
06-02-2002, 04:44 PM
Oddly enough there's a link called new figs, and I'm not totally sure what's going on but a guess Rebelscum has a photo of a male tusken with Massiff...I'm heading over there now to check it out. I'll keep ya posted, unless you check yourself.

Vortex
06-02-2002, 05:01 PM
No photo, only a listing.

Beast
06-02-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by tjovonovich
I do have the Massiff, but its packaged with the Geo. Warrior. I'm not sure if Hasbro has corrected this mistake yet or not.
It's not a mistake, the Massiff is native to both Tatooine, and nearby Geonosis as well. There was a cut scene of Obi-Wan being attacked by Massiff's on Geonosis even. There also was planned, for the Massiff's on Geonosis to attack Obi-Wan's R4-P17 unit. The scene was dropped, when it was decided that the droid would be hardwired to the ship, instead of having a truncated body. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Vortex
06-02-2002, 05:10 PM
I'll have to dig the book back out, but I though the creatures Obi faught on Geon. were something else...have to double check...

Good info, where did you find it, or are you a Lucasarts employee:)

Darth Cruel
06-17-2002, 05:53 AM
The EII Visual Dictionary makes mention of the fact that the Massiffs are indigenous to both worlds.

JEDIpartner
06-17-2002, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by tjovonovich
I'll have to dig the book back out, but I though the creatures Obi faught on Geon. were something else...have to double check...

No... those were definitely Massiffs. There are even a couple panels of this scene in the Comic Version (a/k/a Graphic Novel).

Jargo
06-17-2002, 07:25 PM
No, the massifs weren't going to attack R4-P17. That was going to be the crablike Roga. It was designed to look like the dwarf spider droid and we were supposed to get that the geonosians had copied the natural world around them into their technology just as they copied themsel;ves into the design of the battle droids.

The Massifs were going to attack Obi-Wan as he baegan his snoop and climbed the side of the nest spire. When he reaches the ledge and looks across to the Core ships the scene cuts but it was just after that where he was supposed to encounter the massifs and cut one of them in two. There are pictures of him from that scene and it's in the making of documentary sections somewhere too. Ewan is swinging his saber around and then looks over the precipice to where the massif fell.

But the Massif is native to Tatooine and Geonosis apparently. Both planets are very close and part of the same star system. The both get their light from the twin suns which is why both worlds are so arid and hot.

It would make perfect sense to pack a massif with a new male Tusken Raider. What other new accessory can they pack with a Tusken Raider apart from a tusken raider tent? But that's just way too big to get in a blister bubble isn't it. Ergo - the Massif. :)

JEDIpartner
06-18-2002, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
What other new accessory can they pack with a Tusken Raider apart from a tusken raider tent?

They could have always gone for an S&M Shmi pack-in! :eek:

SuperBattleDroid88
06-18-2002, 11:12 AM
The Massiff could come with a bone.... That's all can think of... or...
WAIT! The Tuskin Raider can be like the Jango Fett (Final Battle)!!:eek:
Those are my ideas....

Jargo
06-18-2002, 02:15 PM
The Tusken will be like the Jango fett final battle according to the listings I've seen around. There's really litle else to do with a Tusken Raider from AOTC. Anakin has to have something to use his slice and dice feature on. It'll probably be a magnet jobby on the Tusken neck.

as for the bone, I gave my massif the bone from the Rancor. Luke doesn't need it any more because my rancor is in the Geonosis arena now munching on Jedi fools. So that big bone was just the perfect thing to give to a Massif in the Tusken camp.

Strange but i have a habit of buying things in twos. i have two bantha and two of each of the Tuskens so far. I'll end up buying two of the Tusken with massif too. I hadn't really noticed that until I looked at what i had on my shelves properly. Alls I need now is the tent from the Tusken camp and i have a proper tribe :)

The other alternative to releasing a Tusken with a Massif was to release a Tusken with a baby bantha as a deluxe set. I know it technically doesn't happen in the movie but all the backstory to the tuskens suggests that they tend to bantha like they do their family. A young Tusken is paired with a bantha for life. So why not release an adolescant Tusken with a Bantha calf? That'd get me reaching for my wallet. I can't ever see the full sized bantha being re-released but they could easily sell tons of bantha calves with young Tuskens. Actually i think that's an excellent idea. Make the young tusken about the size of a fifteen year old so it wouldn't be too small and then give him the articulation of the Tusken that came with the full sized tusken. maybe make his hips ball joints so he can achieve more poses and add some arm articulation. Give him a Gaffi stick and a rifle with strap and voila! a cool deluxe set of fighting mad tusken rebel and hairy baby bantha. yes, cool. :)

LTBasker
06-18-2002, 06:05 PM
Well if you look around, you might be able to find the Action Fleet battle pack that had a Bantha in AF scale with real-feel hair. Just pop the harness off and voila. :D