PDA

View Full Version : TWO Bloody Lukes for Trade

darthdeogg
06-02-2002, 04:28 PM
Heya all,
I have two bloody Lukes available for trade. Here's the details:

Will trade both at one shot for a non-bloody Luke (I want one to open dangit! haha) and one of the following listed below. Some of these are gonna sound kinda off the wall (maybe ambitious), but what the heck right? Here goes the "Trade Both Lukes at One Shot" List:

-Sacul Figure
-12" Jango Fett
-Toy Fair Vader
-Jedi Starfighter w/Obi Wan AND AOTC Slave I with Jango (either one is fine) and Boba
-Galactic Battlegrounds w/ Clone Campaigns AND Battle of Naboo, for the PC, unopened if possible (I know they aren't action figures, but I thought somebody here might have them)

This is the "I'll trade one Luke for" List (and a non-bloody Luke):
-12" Mace Windu
-Jedi Starfighter w/ Obi Wan
-AOTC Slave I with Jango (again, either Jango is fine) and Boba
-Deluxe Mace, Jango, and Tyrranus
-TPM Preview Mace, TPM Mace, and the 4 AOTC Preview figs (yes I AM a Sam Jackson fan)

By the way, I DO have an extra Dooku here that we can possibly work with ;o)

That's pretty much it. If you have any of these, or have a deal you would like to put on the table, please either leave a reply on here, or email me privately at reignman_25@yahoo.com.

Thanks!
-Dan

CooLJoE
06-02-2002, 11:01 PM
Ambitious is not the word for it......

Boba Fitt
06-03-2002, 09:58 AM
I realize a bloody Luke is harder to find than most other figs, but your wants are quite out there...

Lord Tenebrous
06-03-2002, 11:04 AM
Could you scan the receipt. I think I'll laugh harder at the sight of $5.88.

Post modern Star Wars items for sale here. Items currently shipping in retail must be sold for actual costs. Older items should be consistent with fair market value. No auction or retail advertisements allowed.

darthdeogg
06-03-2002, 12:15 PM
Look just a little closer at my original post. It specifically says FOR TRADE. Nowhere in my post did I say for sale, or that I was accepting monetary offers (which I am not).

Try actually READING the post COMPLETELY next time before you go replying

darthdeogg
06-03-2002, 12:17 PM
Besides, if I REALLY wanted money for it, I'd go on Ebay, now wouldn't I? ;o)

Lord Tenebrous
06-03-2002, 01:04 PM
I read the whole post. And trading is simply getting what people have already paid for. You'll be getting $13 in trade value. But not even that, with your attitude.

darthdeogg
06-03-2002, 01:37 PM
By quoting what you quoted in your original post, you implied that I was selling these two figures. I'm not saying you expressly said that, but by quoting the "for sale" policy, that is exactly what you implied.

Hey, something is only worth what someone is willing to offer in exchange for it, whether it's $0.06 worth, or $6 worth, or $60 worth. I put the offer out there, and if people don't like it, they don't have to answer. It's as simple as that.

And if further clarifying what I thought was already clear (ie. What section I posted this under AND that I said "For Trade") is what constitutes having an attitude, so be it.

DarthChuckMc
06-03-2002, 01:53 PM
Darthdeogg,
I don't think you're getting what they are saying. You are asking someone to trade $13+ in merchandise, for something that you paid $6 for. It just looks like you are taking advantage of someone by offering an item worth less than the items you want in return. It is NOT an even trade. Had you said "I'll offer you a bloody Luke for the non- bloody one.", and leave it at that, you probably wouldn't be getting any flack from these guys, but what you are doing is considered scalping to them, from a certain point of view.

darthdeogg
06-03-2002, 02:24 PM
#1: True scalping would be not even bothering posting an offer on here and just going on Ebay.

#2: Try finding someone who would *REALLY* hand over even-up bloody luke for non-bloody.

#3: By the logic you described, ANY trade that is lopsided by the amount spent is scalping. The way I see it, as long as both parties are pleased with the deal, I see nothing wrong with it. Also, again by your logic, what about people who paid $10 0r $15 at CII for the Sacul? If they aren't making offers that are only $10 or $15 worth (whatever the price was for it at C II), is that not scalping too?

Boba Fitt
06-03-2002, 02:50 PM
Just a note dude... and I ain't trying to cause trouble, but you're not making any friends here. Lower your wants and maybe you might get a trade.... and these people off your back.

darthdeogg
06-03-2002, 02:52 PM
Boba, I know you're not, you at least were nice about it. :o)

As far as making a trade, already have :o)

CooLJoE
06-04-2002, 03:30 AM
If someone took the bait and is giving you what you asked for, I pity their soul.

No offense man, but your trade requests are so far off, that its like bringing ebay right to our board.

Seriously. Most of those things equal out to ~$90 just for 2 bloody lukes. Not even NEAR worth it. I'd rather pay $125 for the FAO shuttle. If you haven't already made a trade, my suggestion is post it on another board or lower your wants.

BTW, yes I know that if I don't want it I don't have to trade for it. I know how the whole thing works. But I'm also entitled to freedom of speech and a right to post if I want.

Zardossk
06-05-2002, 09:08 AM
I was at the Detroit MI convention, Motor City Con, and vendors were buying bloody lukes for $50 and reselling them at $70 to $100. AND people were buying them...

The fact is, theres not many bloody lukes out there and the ones that are out there get snatched up by scalpers and put on ebay. I say, if you really want a bloody variation, take advantage of this guys willingness to offer them here and not on ebay.

CooLJoE
06-05-2002, 07:16 PM
bespin luke's on ebay are buy it now for $40. Thats tons cheaper than this guys wants. If I really wanted one, I would take ebay over this.

darthdeogg
06-05-2002, 08:12 PM
Okay, for one I am sick and tired of being the one person who gets his head handed to him on a freakin silver platter, when there's tons more people out there doing the same thing, but that seems to be just peachy with you. Why don't you go give them some grief instead of just singling me out???

BUT, since you seem to think my want list is a little high, we'll just use your comparison now: Two blooddy lukes...$40 BIN on ebay...makes for $80 total. Ok, follow me on this one here:

-Sacul figure: getting about $50 to $60 on ebay. 2 bloody's seems pretty decent there.
-TF Vader: Those get a bit more (about $100). Again, 2 bloody's would be good there
-Jedi SF w/Obi and Slave I with Jango/Boba: Figure in $45 for the 2 vehicles, another $15 for the figs (assuming walmart's reported price drop IS true)
-Galactic Battlegrounds w/ C.C and Bon: $40 for GB, another $30 for CC, another 10 for BoN. Comes out to $80, we'll say $85 after tax.
-12" Jango: last one I saw hit like $60

Oh gee, by your example, any one of those in exchange for the 2 bloody's would be a pretty even trade huh? Where's that "tons cheaper"? That's what I thought.

You know, when I decided what to do with the extra bloody's I thought of coming on here first and offering them to a SW collector who didn't have one (or wanted more of them, whatever reason) instead of just going on ebay. True, some of you (Boba Fitt and Zardossk) have been nice about it, but it's the bull**** harrassment from the rest of you that makes me wish I would have just gone on ebay.

CooLJoE
06-06-2002, 02:46 PM
Should have just gone ebay.

BTW, your wants also say the person must include a non-bloody bespin luke with each of those offers. So thats another $6.

The thing is, your using scalper ebay prices to compare how good your deal is when your trying to say your not a scalper. Your the only one on here that I've seen use scalper-like offers for 2 figures. What you need to understand is this is a community of StarWars collectors THAT HATE SCALPERS (for the most part). When you come here and offer scalper deals, its an insult.

I've seen a couple other people on here do 1:1 trades for bloody lukes. If you don't want to help people out and just want to make a profit off a find that many are unlucky to get even the regular variation of, then you might as well take it to ebay.

These are my opinions. Don't like em, tough (and yes I know, its your trade offer and if I dont like it, tough for me)

darthdeogg
06-06-2002, 03:14 PM
Well, I just hope you're busting the chops of EVERYONE who you're claiming is a scalper instead of just having some sort of vendetta against me. A quick scan of the posts here show that you haven't gone off on anyone else, but you seem to have this innate pleasure in giving me grief. Had you just posted your original post and left it at that, I'd have a LOT higher opinion of this board. But NOOOOOOOOOO, you wanna single me out for some unknown reason.

Here's a novel idea. You've said your piece (on more than one occasion), why don't you just get over it and move on instead of harrassing me like this? I shouldn't have to defend myself like this on a daily basis. If you can't get over it and move on, that's YOUR problem. Don't make it mine.

CooLJoE
06-07-2002, 08:41 PM
Actually, I was just browsing here one day and noticed your outrageous wants.

I really don't look in here that often.