PDA

View Full Version : the shelves are full!

hango fett
06-02-2002, 06:15 PM
the shelves are full at our local wal-mart. they had room to spare on friday-saturday, but they unleashed ALL the boxes they greedily stowed away on 4/23. if they would have done this then, i would have all of them on 4/23. now they will sell like led balloons and they will all sit there.......which means no new figures for a while.............THIS SUCKS!

Lman316
06-02-2002, 06:28 PM
I really think that they should only put out 10 of each character (starting after the 4/23 midnight stuff though). That would make things a heck of a lot better. There would be less crowding of the pegs, figures wouldn't be dropping on the floor, people would be more apt to purchase a figure (supply and demand principle) and you'd be able to find the new/hard to find figures easier.
But no, they'll do what they want. People are going to see 87 Kit Fisto's and just pass 'em by. But if there was only 10 out to start, and say 7 of them were bought, someone might actually buy one of the three remaining - they might be like: "Oh, I better get one before they're all gone..." And this would work, because as soon as the computer said that 10 Kit Fisto's were sold, 10 more could go right out. Same with all characters.
Sometimes I think I should be running some of these stores :rollseyes:, lol. Or at least the toy departments. I'm sure others would disagree with my idea, but I really think it could work.

End :).

DrewDewce
06-02-2002, 07:00 PM
Pegs still full of C-3PO, Padme, Nikkto, & Sasee Tiins here. The TRU that had come thru for me the last 3 Saturdays had nothing this past weekend. Hopefully, my luck will change this week and I"ll find Palpy, DP, Han & Chewie.

Echo_7
06-02-2002, 07:13 PM
My Walmart pegs were also full. But the suprising thing was, there were tons for Dooku (I stopped counting at 35), Yoda, and HD Ani. They have actually expanded the Saga shelf space. It looks as though those three could actually warm pegs here for a while. And I agree with Hango, it looks as if we will be getting NO NEW figures here for a while.

Jedi Juice
06-02-2002, 09:40 PM
Everywhere I go I see the same peg warmers, so I know I won't see new figs for awhile. However, one guy told me that he saw new waves at TRU I didn't go to.....

RAVAZ
06-02-2002, 10:12 PM
Nothing new at the KB here on Long Island. Gonna try to hit Target tomorrow.

pthfnder89
06-03-2002, 09:20 AM
The company I work for sells products to retail stores like (Wal-Mart, Target etc...) and it's IMPOSSIBLE to tell exactly how many of each product will sell, or how fast. You can estimate and plan all you want but in the end it comes down to siimply putting the product on the shelves and seeing how many people buy it. :)

Jonna
06-03-2002, 10:22 AM
All of the Walmarts that I have been to in N.W. NJ are pratically wipped out of SW stuff. The one on my town has only about 20% of the SW section filled. Looks like they are going to start reducing the size of the section.

eliwankenobi
06-03-2002, 11:11 AM
The two WMs closest to me look completely wiped out - lots of empty pegs, the others with only 2-3 warmers; and practically no vehicles, sabers, etc. These stores have been the slowest to restock if at all. Almost everything I've gotten has come from TRU or Target - and those haven't shown anything new in a couple weeks.

Sir FanBoy
06-03-2002, 11:16 AM
The walmarts closest to me in Canada have been nothing but left overs of the jar jar wave.

Im waiting for the next wave which should hit shelves as early as June 7th.

If not June 20th.