PDA

View Full Version : Zam's Speeder?

yukface27
06-02-2002, 08:42 PM
I just bought the new Zam Wessel figure. Besides the extra face and her legs, this is an awesome figure. Now, I want to get her speeder, but I need to know if it's any good. Is it? Does her figure fit into the speeder well? What's the deal? And while we're on the topic, how good is Anakin's speeder? What Anakin and Obi figures fit into it best?

Battle Droid
06-02-2002, 09:07 PM
I like Zam's Speeder, but I only have the Preview Zam, and it doesn't fit in it to well.

Don't have Anakin's Speeder yet.

Master ToNone
06-02-2002, 09:22 PM
I have the SAGA Zam and she fits into her speeder well, as do most SAGA figures...ie boba. Highly recommend this speeder, it doesn't look nearly as good in the box as it does out. Great detail, great product.

Anakin's speeder looks cool, but if you want to put ani or obi in the speeder, you'll have to cut their legs off. No one fits in that thing.

Lman316
06-02-2002, 11:15 PM
I read in Toyfare this thing has "crumple zones"? It says the front end crumples up when you do the damage effect.
Is that supposed to be like when she crashes into the building? Does it actually fold up?

End :).

Battle Droid
06-02-2002, 11:17 PM
Yeah it Crumples up just like in the film.

Lman316
06-02-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
Yeah it Crumples up just like in the film.

Cool. I'm definitely getting this one now. I thought that was all hard plastic.
Thanks for telling me Battle Droid.

End :happy:.

Battle Droid
06-02-2002, 11:23 PM
You're welcome. :D

mista_carrot
06-02-2002, 11:26 PM
I love Zam's Speeder. The crumple effect is done very well. The outer covering of the two front prongs are rubber, making it look like they're really curmpled up! I was quite impressed with it.

The only thing I don't like is that neither Zam fits in too well. I have both the Preview Zam and the Saga Zam and they both fit in there pretty unnaturally. Not quite sure how Master ToNone got his Zam to look good in that cockpit. If you could remove her "skirt" I think she'd fit pretty good.

BizRodian
06-03-2002, 12:52 AM
I bought the saga Zam for the sole reason that I had the vehicle.

However, she does NOT fit. I can't get her to even look like she fits in there... she doesn't fit one bit... seriously, you might as well be trying to make Muftak look good in there.

LTBasker
06-03-2002, 04:29 AM
Zam will fit in her speeder quite well, it's just making her look like she's actually piloting the ship and not just taking a snooze that is the trouble and it's impossible because of the plastic skirt and her right arm being gimmickized instead of being like the other arm. Had her skirt been cloth and both arms had the arm articulation then I think she would be perfect for the speeder but...

If you get the speeder for Zam then I suggest you taking the canopy piece off then fiddling with it until you can get her left arm to grab the left control stick and that's the best that can be done with it, if you don't though she'll go tossing and turning around inside it and you'll have to keep opening it up and putting her back because the whole thing is also too open for her to just securely stay there.

I got Anakin's speeder on Saturday, it's pretty cool, it has the crunching gimmick too but not as severe as Zam's since it has a smaller area that can be "crunched" but it's a very nice ship...just unless you want possibly damaged figures of Ani and Obi you won't be able to get them into the speeder the right way.

I was barely able to even fit E2 3PO into the small area for the feet! I had Mace's battle droid in there first though, really added to it when you'd crash it. :evil:

Bosskman
06-03-2002, 11:29 AM
The Deluxe Anakin (the one with Geonosian cutlets) fits perfectly in his speeder. His cloth clothers make it real easy. The only problem is that his arms are made exactly like the old He-Man Two-Bad figure, so his hands can't grasp the handles and he looks sorta funy with his arms in the air and that look on his face. Still, he fits though, and that's all that matters to me.

icatch9
06-03-2002, 12:22 PM
yukface27

You know I'm really tired of people spelling Zam Wesell's name wrong. It makes me want to swear up a storm and embarrass myself, but I think Iíll exhibit a little self-control today. It's still a very simple name to spell. I could understand if you misspelled Luminara Unduli, but come on its Wesell. Very simple!

Iím actually having a very good day, but I thought Iíd return the whipping that you gave me.

Have a nice day :) :)

PS

People who live in glass houses shouldnít throw stones.

yukface27
06-03-2002, 05:57 PM
Wow icatch, it sounds like you're gonna cry.

PS

ONLY POSERS F**KING DIE!
-Steve O, SLC Punk

fourtwo
06-03-2002, 06:41 PM
be nice.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-03-2002, 06:55 PM
The Zam speeder is the only EP2 vehicle that interested me, thus it's the only one I'll buy until the others go on clearance. It's a really sweet looking speeder. I wish there was a place to clip on the preview Zam rifle like in the movie.

JediTricks
06-04-2002, 10:29 PM
Bosskman, I can get Ani HD to fit in his speeder adequately, but like your Deluxe figure, the arms don't work with the controls thanks to lame V-shoulder articulation (thus, Ani looks like he's waiting for a BIIIIG hug).

Basker, IMO the main problem with getting Zam to fit in her cockpit is that the cockpit is an egg - the toy is designed way out of scale and thus doesn't have anywhere near enough room to have the figure sit properly like she would in the movie. Personally, I hate how this vehicle's cockpit is so lousy - the only cool thing IMO is that the "rear view" screen slides up and down, and I'm not even sure that's on purpose!

As for Ani's speeder, my Obi-Wan is starting to have his legs warp from being in that cockpit for a month, but he's definitely not gonna break and he looks good behind the wheel, way better than Zam in that eggshell she drives. :D

SuperBattleDroid88
06-04-2002, 10:42 PM
How is the battle damage? I heard BattleDroid say that they were kind of sticky...
Does this bother anyone else? :confused:

LTBasker
06-05-2002, 06:39 AM
The rubber on Zam's speeder is sticky yeah, it might have calmed down by now so it won't be as sticky now as when I opened mine, however the only reason the stickyness on mine has calmed down is because of the dust. :mad: I tried running a wet paper towel over it but the water had no effect.

Although the hotrod's rubber isn't sticky, I guess since the hotrod's damage isn't as major as Zam's it was able to be made with softer plastic that didn't cause the stickiness.

JediTricks
06-06-2002, 03:09 AM
I think it's the paint that gets sticky, not the rubber. On mine, it's not that bad, but I have a sneaking feeling that both speeders will eventually suffer from rubber-rot over the next year.

Jargo
06-06-2002, 07:04 AM
That is my fear too. My Zam's speeder is sticky as hell and covered in a lovely layer of lint :rolleyes: I'm considering buying a new one if the sticky issue has been resolved. I put a G.I. JOE figure from the early nineties into the coruscant hotrod speeder as it's the only kind of figure with the ability to bend forward and has the neck mobility to be able to see forward. Can't remember which one I used but it was possibly SCI-FI. I think that's the name. Anyway, he sits in it a dream holding the controls and looking forward and not falling out even in a complete rolling flight pattern :) Zam's speeder I never even attempted to get her into. She's so warped and twisted in the pose they made her in that she just bends all over the place soon as look at her. And what is with the skirt being flared out at the back? nice going Hasbro!
The rubber is going to perish really quickly if it's thin. Anakin's speeder will suffer first which is why I guess they made the damage minimal so it doesn't get moved too much. Zam has thicker rubber on her speeder which means it'll last longer and you can treat it a little rougher. I opted to never use the crash features to try and preserve the shape of the speeders profiles as they arrived in my hands. I live in a very humid country that helps to preserve things like rubber and I feel for you guys living in hot dry areas of the states. These things won't last five minutes for you will they? :(

SuperBattleDroid88
06-06-2002, 10:32 AM
That's why I didn't buy neither of them... I still don't think I will...

pthfnder89
06-06-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Personally, I hate how this vehicle's cockpit is so lousy - the only cool thing IMO is that the "rear view" screen slides up and down, and I'm not even sure that's on purpose!

As for Ani's speeder, my Obi-Wan is starting to have his legs warp from being in that cockpit for a month, but he's definitely not gonna break and he looks good behind the wheel, way better than Zam in that eggshell she drives. :D

Hmmm... I guess it doesn't bother me that Zam is bascially lying down in her cockpit. You pretty much have to hold your eye up right to one of the windows to see clearly inside so I'm just happy to have a figure in there, whether she's sitting properly or not.

Anakins speeder on the other hand just ticks me off. It's true that HD Ani fits ok, but with his arms out he just looks ridiculous so I don't even bother.:rolleyes:

The rubber on Zams speeder is a little sticky but I agree with JediTricks; it's not the rubber but the paint that makes it sticky. Overall though I was REALLY impressed by the crash gimmick on it. It just looks really cool and it's one of the few gimmicks in the Saga line that works.:)

chris
06-06-2002, 04:28 PM
i STILL cant get zam right in her speeder.

JediTricks
06-07-2002, 12:20 AM
So I spent 30 mins trying to get Zam's left hand onto that control stick without success, I considered taking the WHOLE THING apart to get her in there but there's too much glue and fragile bits, I'm afraid. Finally I removed her right arm, attached it to the corresponding stick, then put her into the cockpit and let magnetic attraction take its course. It worked all right, now Zam looks like she's holding onto that stick for dear life as the speeder is doing a 12-G turn to the right and up! She's not even sitting upright anymore nor in the center, I moved the stick around but it mostly was too much of an angle for her locked-in-place right arm to take and the magnet gave.

Jargo, that's a good idea about the GI Joe (though warning to some who don't know, the current Joes at TRU don't have the articulation neccessary to pull all of this off because they have POTJ articulation rather than Joe articulation), I'll definitely give that a try with Baroness or some figure that's not too military-looking.

pthfnder89, I think that's what bugs me most about the ship, that cockpit is worse than Zam's bubble tray! I mean, I can put an figure in an empty milk container, but that doesn't make it a spaceship. :D

As for Ani's speeder, try Obi-Wan Coruscant who is actually closer to scale with the speeder than Ani HD.