PDA

View Full Version : B-wing

jedi master sal
08-16-2001, 02:08 PM
For all of you who have not tried the number for the b-wing at Target, do it (check the old post for the number, I can't remember it right now and don't feel like looking for it, besides if you want it go get it)

Anyway, I was able to call them up and they hade them in stock at my local Target and I was able to get one. This by far was the best and most accurate post I have ever received from SSG.

Good Luck

As always

MTFBWY....

Sith Worm
08-16-2001, 02:21 PM
I found seven count 'em seven B-Wings at the Target in Alington ,Tx. Yesterday and I will say though none of them because I already have one. Please hurry if you live in this area before the scalpers get 'em!:)

jedi master sal
08-16-2001, 03:02 PM
hey sith worm was your package damaged like mine?

I have been hearing that all of the all of them have some damage.

the master jedi
08-16-2001, 03:22 PM
I found about 6-8 B-Wings at Target here in Sioux City, Iowa last night. all but 1 had some damage.

jedi master sal
08-16-2001, 03:25 PM
Do you think this was a conspiracy of Target or the manufacturer to increase the price on the open market, because of their collectability?

evenflow
08-16-2001, 07:05 PM
I found one at a Target in central Jersey.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-17-2001, 09:55 AM
Every B-Wing package I've seen has been tweaked in some manner. The one I bought was banged up on the corner, but since a customer service employee went to the trouble of getting it for me, I felt that I shouldn't bug for a cleaner one. To top it all off, when I went to pay for it the cashier grabbed it by the plastic window to put it in the bag and gave it a nice extra crease. Oh well, maybe I'll become an open item collector now.

Sith Worm
08-17-2001, 11:28 AM
Open open open! It's much more fun to open them unless you truely collect for the value. You should collect because it makes you happy not for the value! I just recently picked up a Royal Naboo cruiser from TOYS"R"US (for the cheap price of $49.99 I understand when it first came out it was $99.99) I'll admit the only reason I bought that puupy was for the R2-unit(and he is cool!) and when I opened her up man is that sweet or what that thing is friggin huge! It is now one of my favorite pieces now and I would have never known if I hadn't opened it! Uh...
...B-Wings yes, mine was also damaged ,but I do not care. Rip 'em open boys!

I wish TOYS"R"US would mark down those 12' inch Dewbacks as well. That dewback sculpt just isn't worth $100.00.

:confused:

PloKoon2385
08-17-2001, 07:46 PM
I got mine about a month ago, before it was released by calling in that magical number. I think it is: 087 06 1954
Use it!

JediDave
08-18-2001, 04:32 PM
I searched here and yon for the B-Wing all around Dallas for about a month and a half and no luck. I tried using that "magic" DPC number, and I found about three Targets that had it in their computers, but they had none on the shelves or in the stockroom. Finally I started seeing an actual shelf space for the B-Wings, complete with sticker and price, but no B-Wings themselves...so finally, out of desperation, I gave up and bought one for $45 (plus $9 for shipping ) off of eBay. Well, guess what? I ran by the local Target yesterday (in Irving TX) and--tada!--there were two B-wings. Surprisingly, they were both in perfect packaging...

Please TRU and Wal-Mart...PLEASE...don't put us through this when the TIE Interceptor and TIE Bomber are released...

jedi master sal
08-21-2001, 05:48 PM
I agree about those ties.

I hope some of the retailers will take notice and do a better job of showcasing such an endearing line as this. It can't be failed to notice that SW is ingrained into our society. Give it the respect that it deserves.

xboywonder
08-24-2001, 12:31 PM
I hate to boast !! but I found a b-wing at my local target on the first try... I have to say this is one to be opened. you can't truely appreciate it without opening it up and flying it around the room.

I do feel for all those still searching.... don't turn to ebay yet. There is still hope.

Neo Solo
08-24-2001, 10:51 PM
A few creases and dents won't bother me. Mine will be opened and stickers applied. When I find the friggin' thing!

Sean the Hutt
08-26-2001, 02:12 AM
I can not say they are flooding the shelves, but I do see them at a particular Target Greatland off of highway 78 in San Diego! ;) Good luck guys!