PDA

View Full Version : Most unnessessary resculp.

scruffziller
06-02-2002, 11:43 PM
Sacred Place Boss Nass.

Lman316
06-02-2002, 11:53 PM
I'll give my vote to: Choco-Shell Obi-Wan. That figured really sucked...as far as resculpts go, anyway.
If we were going for worst POTJ figure, not just resculpts, I'd go for Aurra Sing...what a waste of plastic that was. But, we're not, so I'm sticking with Obi.

End :happy:.

Beast
06-03-2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by scruffziller
Sacred Place Boss Nass.
Can I ask, why you consider this figure an unnessessary resculpt. The original E1 figure was badly sculpted, massivly out of scale, and pretty much the worst figure in the entire E1 line. The POTJ figure corrected the mistakes that were made on the horrible E1 figure. Me thinks your complaining, just cause it was a figure of a charecter that was done, albeit badly already. :rolleyes:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

scruffziller
06-03-2002, 01:52 AM
No not really just that but because it looked so much like the original, it was like buying the same figure.

Beast
06-03-2002, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by scruffziller
No not really just that but because it looked so much like the original, it was like buying the same figure.
I have to disagree with you again. The E1 figure and the POTJ look so vastly different, not only in movie correctness, but also in scale that I don't even consider the E1 figure a Boss Nass figure. It's just a horrible figure, that thankfully was corrected with the POTJ figure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
06-03-2002, 05:59 AM
"cloaked" Obi, split apart Darth Maul, "Dirty" Biker Scout (should've just re-released the clean), Jedi Armor Qui (compared to the Jedi armor Obi, it ain't right....), shirtless Maul, and DS Escape Han (well it was needed more or less, but should've been better) and the Sullustan that came with the B-Wing since he was in the Rebel Pilots pack - generic human pilot would've been better like the vintage one.

187-Maul
06-03-2002, 11:36 AM
definetly Obi cloaked

scruffziller
06-03-2002, 12:33 PM
Why Jar Jar I guess you are correct, I found my EPS 1 Boss Nass, and Sacred Place is much Bigger and looks better, but other than scaling and proportion and the position of his hands it is nothing but a correction figure, not a different version. So maybe not unnesesary but just not that impressive because there were really never any other versions of Nass, he never changed clothes or had anything different happen to him.

brentfett
06-03-2002, 12:48 PM
Choc-Obiwan and Split Maul might be the worst figures of all time. Ankin Mechanic wasn't much better though.

LTBasker
06-03-2002, 12:59 PM
Anakin Mechanic was needed, it was a vast improvement over the earlier Anakins and before JJB says it, Anakin mech. should've come with a removeable podracing helmet. ;)

pthfnder89
06-03-2002, 01:12 PM
Split Maul was bad. But my personal most unneeded resculpt goes to TongueWaggin JarJar. (Sorry JJB:))

I'm really not against JarJar or JarJAr figures, but I just didn't see the need for this one.

pthfnder89
06-03-2002, 01:13 PM
Oops, I also forgot General Leia. But that probably has more to do with the fact that shes just such a god-awful figure.;)

Beast
06-03-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Anakin Mechanic was needed, it was a vast improvement over the earlier Anakins and before JJB says it, Anakin mech. should've come with a removeable podracing helmet. ;)
You know me so well, my friend. Yes, the Anakin Mechanic was a good figure. But it wasn't the figure we needed. We need a non-craptaculer version of him with a removable podracing helmet. Hasbro, do a 3-pack of Ani, Kitster, and Wald. :)

Originally posted by pthfnder89
Split Maul was bad. But my personal most unneeded resculpt goes to TongueWaggin JarJar. (Sorry JJB:)) I'm really not against JarJar or JarJAr figures, but I just didn't see the need for this one.
Hey, no probs if you think it's unneeded. I actually think it was really needed. They finally captured his heigth and his body shape. The first E1 figure was mooie mooie horrible. The Swimming version was a vast improvment, but the ears were sculpted more for a swimming pose, as was the arms. POTJ Jar Jar was the definative JJB IMHO, and if you remove the tounge if you buy two, you have the very best E1 JJB figure possible. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-03-2002, 02:31 PM
Anakin Mechanic

Mandalorian Candidat
06-03-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
"cloaked" Obi, split apart Darth Maul, "Dirty" Biker Scout (should've just re-released the clean), Jedi Armor Qui (compared to the Jedi armor Obi, it ain't right....), shirtless Maul, and DS Escape Han (well it was needed more or less, but should've been better) and the Sullustan that came with the B-Wing since he was in the Rebel Pilots pack - generic human pilot would've been better like the vintage one.

LT, you're way off bro! Jedi Armor Qui-Gon is such a great sculpt! Probably better than the ones with Jedi robes. Plus, how is it a resculpt since he's wearing a different outfit? That's like saying Black Dress Amidala and Throne Room Amidala are resculpts of Coruscant Amidala (OK, this comparison's a tad extreme, but still...).

Anyways, if you don't like it you don't like it. Fine with me. :)

The DS Han is crap, along with Choco-wan, Daffy Duck Darth Maul, and Mechanakin.

I'm going slightly off the POTJ line to give my razzie nom to Saga Qui-Gon. Come on Hasbro. There's been way too many of this bozo. At least with Jedi Armor he looked different. This one's just a Malibu Stacy with New Hat!

scruffziller
06-03-2002, 04:41 PM
I love the EU figs!!!!!!!!!!!

LTBasker
06-03-2002, 05:47 PM
It's a resculpt of the Qui-Gon character in figure form. ;)

Darkross
06-04-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by pthfnder89
Oops, I also forgot General Leia. But that probably has more to do with the fact that shes just such a god-awful figure.;)

The only problem I have with the General Leia figure is that her legs and waist are too long / big in proportion to her upper body. It would have been nice if they released a proper proportioned figure of Leia like they did with the Bespin Escape figure!

JON9000
06-05-2002, 07:02 PM
She's far to young to be wearing Depends! Although I guess you could walk a mile on Endor and not find a toilet.

aceguide
06-06-2002, 12:20 PM
Anakin mechanic - hands down.

Sith Vicious
06-06-2002, 07:05 PM
Choco Wan

From non POTJ lines:

-Commtech Luke (Just what we needed. A Luke that collects other SW toys.)

-Soft Goods Maul (If they aren't going to make his ship, why make a soft goods version?)