PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect features on figs

scruffziller
06-03-2002, 12:01 AM
Emperor's rath Darth Vader should not have a removable hand. THere should not be a hand on it at all since his hand at that point is totally lost. Anybody spot anything else on other things?

Lman316
06-03-2002, 12:05 AM
There are a ton...Yoda was never on that platform, the Royal Guard never shocked anyone, Dooku didn't have a green lightsaber, lots of stuff.
I had made a post like this before - I wasn't complaining about them, but I was just bringing them up because I noticed them.
They're all for added play value - like with the Vader, the hand is there because someone still might want Vader to fight, even though he looks like that. It would be pretty incomplete without his right hand. And it doesn't really matter, because if you're displaying it, just pull the sucker off and store it somewhere :happy:

End :).

Battle Droid
06-03-2002, 12:07 AM
Jar Jar never shocked anyone with a gungan electro poll.

Sir FanBoy
06-03-2002, 12:10 AM
Well considering the ATOC series most of these figures were made b4 the movie was complete so in some cases you will be asking yourself why this was included or why there was nothing included.

And converning figures such as Yoda , Royal Guard etc..

i think its cool they included extras bits cause for the price your paying for its well worth. Plus if ppl are not happy with what came with it just take it off and put it in a box or somethin.

This is a win win situation for us collectors. :D

bigbarada
06-03-2002, 02:05 AM
I don't think any accessory is unnecessary. They all have a use if your imaginative enough.

And please don't even suggest that Hasbro pack a Vader without a hand or lightsaber. That's one of the stupidest complaints I have ever heard.

"You're giving us too much toy for our money, Hasbro! Please stop it!!":stupid:

Jedi Juice
06-03-2002, 02:19 AM
You are very correct. At least they give us something in the packaging when we find those desirable figures.

Beast
06-03-2002, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
I don't think any accessory is unnecessary. They all have a use if your imaginative enough.
And please don't even suggest that Hasbro pack a Vader without a hand or lightsaber. That's one of the stupidest complaints I have ever heard.
"You're giving us too much toy for our money, Hasbro! Please stop it!!":stupid:
Exactly, can you imagine the kids that picked up Emporer's Wrath Vader, if it didn't have a lightsaber or a hand.

"Mommy (or Daddy), this figure sucks. He ain't got a hand, or lightsaber neither."

I can understand about complaining about the lack of pack ins, on small figures. But when your actualy complaining because somthing is included to increase the value on a figure, it's not somthing you should be complaining about. Would you rather this was the vintage days, where you paid the same price for any figure, no matter the heigth. And they didn't give you any accessories to make the figure more worthwhile. :crazed:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

gibbyhayes
06-03-2002, 04:01 AM
I can't wait for the "Lunch Robbing" R2 with food grabbing feature and porridge accessories!

LTBasker
06-03-2002, 05:41 AM
Well Peasant Anakin definitely, the force feature doesn't really matter, but I'm sure alot of peeps including kids would rather him being to hold something in both hands and be able to get his lightsaber knocked away during a "fight." And Padme, ok so she's a quick-draw action, it wouldn't be as bad as it is if it was like Zam's. I thought you'd only have to turn her waist a little bit and it'd actually lock the arm down so you could have her with her arm up or her arm down (even if it was ugly either way) but nope, you turn her waist (quite inhumanly) and then she just springs back. Plus she is totally out of scale too. :rolleyes:

I know alot of the gimmicks are pointed towards kids but that doesn't mean they have to abandon the last of the common sense they had. :Pirate:

Forhekset
06-03-2002, 09:17 AM
Emperor's Wrath Vader shouldn't even have had a hand packed in at all? Now I've heard everything. :rolleyes:

It's just like the electro effects and force blast effects that are coming with the Saga figs - if you don't like them, don't use them.

The action features and "battle poses" are another matter entirely.

pthfnder89
06-03-2002, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by gibbyhayes
I can't wait for the "Lunch Robbing" R2 with food grabbing feature and porridge accessories!

Lol, me either gobbyhays.

Although considering that I'm STILL waiting for my bartender R2 from ROTJ we may never see him...:frus:

TIE Pilot
06-04-2002, 01:21 AM
Here's a little error I haven't heard mentioned before (unless I missed it).

On the Super Battle Droid, the little red "dot" on his left shoulder isn't really in the correct place. If you look at pics of the droid from the movie, the red dot is further up on the shoulder.

In fact, if you look very closely at the figure.. there's a little indent on the shoulder where the dot ~should~ be (it's like this on both the clean and damaged chest plates).

Nitpicky? Of course! :D