PDA

View Full Version : Dooku Vs. Maul.

Lman316
06-02-2002, 11:19 PM
This one is inspired by the Jango Vs. Maul thread going on right now.
So, what do you think? Do you think Maul could beat Dooku? Or the other way around?
I would seriously have to go with Dooku winning this one. As I mentioned in the Jango Vs. Maul thread, Dooku was already strong as a Jedi and he became even more powerful when he fell to the Dark Side. We have no idea what Maul's past was like or how well his training went.
So, to reiterate, I'm going with Dooku.

End :happy:.

Battle Droid
06-02-2002, 11:38 PM
Dooku since he was taught by the best.

Lman316
06-02-2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
Dooku since he was taught by the best.

You know, I've heard that twice, and I still forgot to bring that up in my first post of this thread. So, yes, now you must add in the Yoda factor too :happy:.

End :).

yukface27
06-03-2002, 12:41 AM
Dooku has trained as a Jedi and trained as a Sith. He has experience with the ying and yang of the force, Maul just has the dark side. Dooku would make Maul his bihatch, then smack 'em.

scruffziller
06-03-2002, 01:03 AM
Yep he would smak him!!!

chris
06-03-2002, 02:11 PM
Not the mention the fact that Dooku was much more independent than Maul, and much more skilled in the force. Sith Ligthening closes the case IMO.

saladin
06-03-2002, 02:38 PM
Well i know Maul has been training since like six months and is like a machine.
Dooku was taught by the best Yoda, He has both sides of the force, and he has lighting.

So Dooku hands down.

Snake
06-04-2002, 12:27 AM
Maul would wipe the floor with Dooku. The Sith were gone for about a thousand years and they finally decided to show themselves because they had the skill. Also just look at Mauls fighting abilities Dooku would be sliced and diced.

Laserbrain
06-04-2002, 03:08 AM
Count Dooku goes about his business on a urbanized moon in the Kamino system. It has been many years after he left the Jedi Order and relinquished his right to bear a Jedi lightsaber. Using his knowledge of the "living" Force Dooku has wondered the galaxy dabbling in forbidden mysteries of the ages.

In an isolated alley enclosed by stone walls Dooku is confronted by a dark figure. Usually two sources of the light or the dark are parallel to each other as they draw from the same Force but the Countís senses reel, as a wave of dark power washes over him unaware. Surprised but undaunted, Dooku plays his hand.

"It is obvious why you are here." He says. "I came here in search of the Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas. Yet it appears that you have found him first."

The shadowy figure says nothing.

"His death has hidden your presence from me until the time you have chosen to reveal yourself. Your intentions are clear. Though you are strong with the Dark Side of the Force you still have much to learn. You are nothing but a puppet. Join me. Together we can strike Sidious down and rule the galaxy as our own."

Silence.

"Very well then. Since youíre not the talkative typeÖand I am unarmed. Destroy me and your training will be complete."

Darth Maul whips off his cloak revealing his demonic visage. He produces a silver cylinder and with a snap-hiss a dreaded beam of red light pierces the black backstreet. The face of Count Dooku remains stoic yet anticipatory. Maul adjusts his stance and ignites the other end of his lightsaber, illuminating a sinister smile that would curl the spine of even the bravest warrior.

"Very amusing," the Count says with a slight smirk. The humor fades quickly. "Now let us be done with it."

Darth Maul lunges forward with a sidestep and an extravagant spinning feint with an intention to then slash across Dookuís midsection. His eyes go wide as the Dark Side gives him a glimpse of his mistake to be known a split second later. He stares blankly into the fingers of Dookuís raised left hand which crackles with pure electric blue evil. Maulís body rives in waves of excruciating pain as he is enveloped in Sith lightning. Dooku uses his newfound mastery of the dark power to heave Darth Maul violently into the opposing stone face, sending chips of weathered stone in all directions. He falls to street as Dooku ceases his attack.

A lesser warrior would have at least screamed. Yet the power of Darth Maul draws from the living of the moment, his hate flowing through him making him stronger. He rises to one knee and lifts his gaze toward his assailant.

"Indeed you are powerful," says Dooku. "But if you cannot see that I am the way, you will die."

CUT!

Iím too tired to finish it...Iíll do it tomorrow....

hango fett
06-04-2002, 06:26 AM
dooku would beat him because he has a greater knowledge of the dark side and force lightning.

187-Maul
06-04-2002, 09:03 AM
in a pure lightsaber fight maul would maybe have a chance but if you compare the force of them both dooku is much more stronger than maul

pthfnder89
06-04-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by yukface27
Dooku has trained as a Jedi and trained as a Sith. He has experience with the ying and yang of the force, Maul just has the dark side.

Htat is what I was going to say. Maul has only been trained in the Sith arts, and his is much younger.

Dooku was not only a Jedi for most of his life, he was one of the strongest Jedi their were. No contest.:) Maul would just stand there and get cut in two... oh wait, he already did that...

Darkross
06-04-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
in a pure lightsaber fight maul would maybe have a chance but if you compare the force of them both dooku is much more stronger than maul

I agree. Maul's lightsaber's abilities are / were unmatched...and so I think that if it was a pure lightsaber duel...Maul would win. But if they were to rely on their knowledge of the force...Dooku would win.

maulrat22
06-05-2002, 01:23 AM
If maul were still alive of course he would win. Even as a apprentice his fighting skills were unmatched. Just imagine how good he would be now. Anyway, maul dosent need lighting to win a battle

Jedi Clint
06-05-2002, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by maulrat22
If maul were still alive of course he would win. Even as a apprentice his fighting skills were unmatched. Just imagine how good he would be now. Anyway, maul dosent need lighting to win a battle

Yeah......he has......night vision goggles.......;)

Master Goeweins
06-05-2002, 09:32 AM
As far as straight lightsaber abilities... Obi Wan beat Maul with only lightsabers, adn Dooku beat Obi Wan with just lightsabers. So Dooku would wipe out Maul... all of him.

But, if it were open floor, Dooku would hold Maul at bay with his lightning while having himself some tea and biscuits.

Either way, Dooku da' man.

Imperial Monarche
06-05-2002, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Snake
Maul would wipe the floor with Dooku. The Sith were gone for about a thousand years and they finally decided to show themselves because they had the skill. Also just look at Mauls fighting abilities Dooku would be sliced and diced.

I don't know if u noticed this, but Maul was a somewhat young lookin guy. Dooku was as old as yoda, not really but he is old, and he moved pretty well for an old guy. The battle between Obi-Wan and Dooku was pretty quick, not as long as the Maul and Obi-Wan battle, but it was still very quick and had alot of choreography. Maul wouldn't stand a chance against Dooku, and i like Dooku alot better than i like Maul cuz he reminde me alot of Darth Vader, i don't know why though, he just did.

Jonna
06-05-2002, 10:17 AM
Lets look at it logically:

Obi (w/ help from Qui-gon) beats Maul
Dooku beats Obi (& Anakin & and holds his own against Yoda)
Dooku would (more than likely) beat Maul

A squared plus B squared equals C squared
or something like that. I like maul better because he seems more menicing, but it would make sense that he would lose.;)

Fulit
06-05-2002, 10:29 AM
I've been thinking, Dooku certainly doesn't seem angry or full of hate. He just kind of throws out Force lightning like it's no thing, whereas the Emperor hissed and snarled the whole time, and even though he didn't use Force lightning, Maul sure did his share of snarling at the Jedi. Dooku seems sort of snooty about it, I don't know, would snootiness count as "Dark side enough" to throw around some Force lightning?

Darkross
06-05-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Fulit
I've been thinking, Dooku certainly doesn't seem angry or full of hate. He just kind of throws out Force lightning like it's no thing, whereas the Emperor hissed and snarled the whole time, and even though he didn't use Force lightning, Maul sure did his share of snarling at the Jedi. Dooku seems sort of snooty about it, I don't know, would snootiness count as "Dark side enough" to throw around some Force lightning?

One thing to remember is that Dooku never once referred to himself as a Sith. Darth Sidious called him Darth Tyrannus, but Dooku himself didn't. I would say that he wasn't a Sith per-se, but a dark Jedi who has his emotions still intact and his fear is controlled. Perhaps he was not necessarily using the darkside of the force, but merely drawing on the lightside of the force but using it to attack!

Yoda: "A Jedi uses the force for knowledge and defense...NEVER for attack!"

Darth Evil
06-05-2002, 12:39 PM
Dooku would slaughter Maul easily.

karateyoda17
06-05-2002, 10:40 PM
Again I will say it once and I will say it again.......only a complete idiot would think Maul would win. Obviously they people who think Maul would beat dooku and also Vader need to watch star wars over again. A lightsaber is nothing to the force.....if you depend on a saber to win, then you lost already. Dooku does not even have to get close to Maul to kill him with his sith lightening, and vader can be complete star systems away and choke Maul to death.....but idiots still think Mauls "I can push and levitate things" tricks help......sith and jedi depend more on the force, not lightabers and weapons.

karateyoda17
06-05-2002, 10:44 PM
Fighting abilities are no use when your being force choked or electricuted. Dooku and Vader would have to just look at Maul and raise there hands and BOOM Mauls on the floor out for life.

shawnkeena
06-06-2002, 01:43 PM
Here are my thoughts. Obi-Wan beats Maul. Dooku beats Obi-Wan. Therefore, Dooku could beat Maul. It all depends on the circumstances.

Jedi Kit Fisto
06-26-2002, 12:02 PM
Does anyone think Maul could have been inserted into the Dooku role in ATOC? (if Maul didnt die at the end of EP1 of course)

I really liked both characters and the actors performances, Christopher Lee did a fantastic job, but Maul was cool. Oh well

-JediMaster-Yoda-
06-26-2002, 12:05 PM
actually no it was better for maul to die instead have him in aotc and mess the whole film up

Darth Shifty
06-26-2002, 01:03 PM
I don't think Darth Maul would have been very good at convincing the trade federation, banking clan etc. into joining the seperatist movement. AOTC needed a more charismatic Dark Jedi.

But maybe Maul could have scared the crap out of everyone and forced them to join the seperatists. :evil:

scruffziller
06-26-2002, 10:39 PM
Maul was just a hothead and pawn in the game. One thing that is consistent with Palpy is that he makes things very expendable.

Jason B
06-26-2002, 10:44 PM
HE IS CUT IN HALF AT THE BOTTOM OF A REACTOR. LET HIM GOOOO0000oooo....

;)

:p

LTBasker
06-26-2002, 10:48 PM
The only way that Maul could've been as convincing as Dooku would be by him using a mind trick to make them see a halo instead of horns. ;)

saladin
06-26-2002, 11:36 PM
no, dooku had power in the universe, money, thats why he is "count" Dooku, so he had money and new people and also new how to be charming, while maul was a dog and only could attck and kill.

Geonosian
06-27-2002, 03:51 AM
Who would win in a dual??
Maul
or
dooku?

Obi-Don
06-27-2002, 03:57 AM
As much as I like Maul. I think Dooku would have taken maul.

RooJay
06-27-2002, 07:38 AM
I actually like Maul, dead though he is (and will certainly stay!), but I'd tend to think that Yoda would've mopped the floor with both of Maul's halves in the hangar duel!;)

NO DOUBT!

LTBasker
06-27-2002, 09:03 AM
You kidding? Yoda would've twirl-wind attacked one of Maul's blade which would've sent it spinning therefore slicing in half..again.

-JediMaster-Yoda-
06-28-2002, 09:19 AM
personnaly out of a dooku vs maul match, dooku has a good chance because he does use the ancient form 2 lightsaber combat of ages past, but maul does have the advantege with his double lightsaber and also mainly i say dooku was only the apprentice of sidous because maul died and dooku was therefor replacing maul because anakin was still to young to be conceived to the dark side and replace Maul so he picked Dooku as his apprentice but dooku was a sideshow a wanna be and will and most likely will be beaten and killed in episode 3, and also if maul did fight count dooku maul most likely would come out on top but maybe dooku cause he could just breack mauls lightsabers in half and kill maul cause maul was a great fighter and also a maul vs yoda, yoda could dispense of maul in mintues maybe seconds

rynobot
06-28-2002, 01:46 PM
Dooku could easily keep Maul a good distanace away from him because of his fencing style. Plus we saw how fast Dooku beat Obi-Wan and we all saw how hard of fight Obi-Wan had with Maul, he almost lost.

-JediMaster-Yoda-
06-29-2002, 08:34 PM
But Maul also has a double lightsaber and is very good at karate

Jayspawn
06-30-2002, 02:08 AM
Between Maul and Dooku, I'd put my money on Dooku. If it didn't involve lightsabers, Dooku could toast Maul with that Sith lightning.

Between Yoda and anyone else, Yoda would win. He's the Master!

Jason B
06-30-2002, 10:28 AM
I think Yoda would beat the Emporer.

Lobito
07-04-2002, 06:16 PM
In saber skills i have no doubt that Darth Maul would clean the floor with Dooku...now Count Dooku seems like a more experienced sith than Maul ever was...Dooku had brains, influence, plus he seemed to dominate the lightning bolt really good...Maul in the other hand, never showed us lightning bolts, its tough to say...i like them both, and it would be a very interesting match up.:Pirate:

RooJay
07-09-2002, 04:05 AM
I like them both as well...doesn't change the fact that Dooku would hand Maul's butt to him in a lightsaber duel. Maul beat Dooku? NO WAY. Let us not forget that Dooku managed to hold his own against Yoda, and Yoda was obviously several steps beyond what Maul seemed capable of! Maul would be defeated by his own overconfidence! He was killed by a Jedi Padawan!

Lobito
07-09-2002, 12:47 PM
Well who knows...Dooku never survived two jedi's at once in a LIGHTSABER DUEL, but Darth Maul did. Remember that Dooku won that fight becuase Anakin dissobeyed OB1 and attacked Dooku without a plan.

If they had fought like Qui Gonn and OB1 did in EP I...maybe the result could have been different.

evenflow
07-09-2002, 03:14 PM
Dooku is much much cooler than Maul, and a much better Sith Lord.

DarthBatman
07-09-2002, 05:13 PM
In Episode I, Maul gets killed by a 24 year old Obi Wan, who is only a Padawan. Not a real Jedi Knight.

In Episode 2, Count Dooku manhandles a 34 year old Obi Wan, a fully grown Jedi Knight with 10 more years of experience under his belt than he had against Maul, and Obi Wan's apprentice, Anakin. Anakin also happens to have the highest midichlorian count EVER, and is the Chosen One.

Now, this leads me to believe that Maul wasn't even fit to clean Dooku's boots. Am I wrong? What are your thoughts on this?

Lobito
07-09-2002, 05:36 PM
Well, the fact is that Maul got sliced by OB1. But he got sliced for being reckless...Maul could have finished OB1 when he was hanging in the chasm. Now Maul handled 2 Jedi's at once, while Dooku fought each Jedi separately.

I like them both, but i think Darth Maul had better saber abilities than Dooku, although Dooku was more experienced in the Sith Ways...lightning bolts everyone???

MikeAndTheBots
07-09-2002, 05:45 PM
I think Dooku would have owned him. Maul was over confident in his limited abilites. Dooku was amazing with a saber and was could use the force to his advantage. Maul on the other hand could just do ninja jumps...

El Chuxter
07-09-2002, 05:45 PM
Both had strengths. . . but in different areas. A master classical swordsman and strategist vs a brute of a martial arts master. I could see this going either way, but my money's on Dooku.

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 05:49 PM
Actually, Obi-Wan was 25 and 35, not 24 and 34. :)

DarthBatman
07-09-2002, 05:53 PM
Thanks Deadeye :D

Jedi Knightrider
07-09-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
Both had strengths. . . but in different areas. A master classical swordsman and strategist vs a brute of a martial arts master. I could see this going either way, but my money's on Dooku.

Maul was born, raised and trained to be the silent, unquestioning servant boy of Sidious. He was practically made to die at the end of Ep 1.

Dooku is a tactical genius, and charismatic presence. He is also an efficient fighter, staying practically still while his opponents tire themselves out jumping around him. However, he is still Sidious' new errand boy.

Basically, if Sidious had wanted either of them to kill the other, he would've worked it out so that it would happen that way.

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by DarthBatman
Thanks Deadeye :D

Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi ensure that precise facts are used. :p

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-09-2002, 09:44 PM
yeah but think about even if maul and dooku went into a head on fight the ancient form 2 lightsaber combat Count Dooku uses is hard to beat, but maul has a double bladed lightsaber but still dooku would beat him with a lightsaber, and also count dooku could use his power of the force to beat darth maul, and whoever says obi wan beat darth maul, obi wan won because he had a lot of anger in him after seeing his master qui-gon jinn die in fron t of him would make him have more anger in him then darth maul

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 10:17 PM
Yeah. That's what I've been saying. Dooku would fry Maul just like Anakin.

RooJay
07-10-2002, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by Lobito
Well who knows...Dooku never survived two jedi's at once in a LIGHTSABER DUEL, but Darth Maul did. Remember that Dooku won that fight becuase Anakin dissobeyed OB1 and attacked Dooku without a plan.

If they had fought like Qui Gonn and OB1 did in EP I...maybe the result could have been different.

Actually, Maul only managed to defeat Qui-Gon once they had been separated from Obi Wan. Had they not been separated, I'm pretty sure Obi and Qui-Gon could've taken him.

Jedi Knightrider
07-10-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by -JediMaster-Yoda-
obi wan won because he had a lot of anger in him after seeing his master qui-gon jinn die in fron t of him would make him have more anger in him then darth maul

I always thought it would've been cool for Maul to taunt Obi-Wan at that point, like "Yes, I feel your fear, your hate. We are much alike." Or somthing like that.

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-10-2002, 11:48 AM
yeah thats what i have been saying maul wouldnt stand a chance against dooku

Lobito
07-10-2002, 12:58 PM
Actually, Maul only managed to defeat Qui-Gon once they had been separated from Obi Wan. Had they not been separated, I'm pretty sure Obi and Qui-Gon could've taken him.

Yes, they got separated by Darth Maul, not by coincidence. Darth Maul DID fought two jedi's at once and he survived. Dooku fought just one jedi at a time, and he won because Anakin was not patient to attack with OB1.

If the question here is who has more knowledge in the sith ways, then i would say Count Dooku. But if the question is who has better saber skills...there is no doubt that the winner is Darth Maul.

Matter of opinions.:D

Who would win the fight??? Dooku has the edge...

pthfnder89
07-10-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by RooJay

Precisely. Maul was talented but he was only holding his own until he managed to split up the Jedi.If he hadn't, he would have been toast within anoth two minutes.

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-10-2002, 07:37 PM
also lobito do you know the ancient form 2 lightsaber combat, count dooku uses would easily keep him away from maul and dooku, dookus fencing style fighting would take mauls power of overcoming his fighters because of his two blades but dooku's fencing fighting style would give dooku the edge in this fight

Lobito
07-10-2002, 07:55 PM
also lobito do you know the ancient form 2 lightsaber combat, count dooku uses would easily keep him away from maul and dooku, dookus fencing style fighting would take mauls power of overcoming his fighters because of his two blades but dooku's fencing fighting style would give dooku the edge in this fight

huh??? See what i typed at the end of my other post.