PDA

View Full Version : Movies that use Star Wars in their ads

Lone Jedi
06-03-2002, 01:29 AM
Is anyone else extremely annoyed by the TV spot that claims this animated "movie" has more action than "Star Wars: Episode II"? First of all, that's a bold and doubtful claim that focuses on action rather than story. Two, if this *CARTOON* is as good as the "critics" say, then why does Star Wars have to be mentioned in its advertisement? It should be able to stand on its own without comparison to any other movie (especially since the two flicks are nothing alike). This reminds me of another "movie" that had Star Wars mentioned in its TV spot............a "movie" by the name of Battlefield Earth (can you say "bombs away?"). I'm sure there are other such advertisement campaigns, but these two are the ones that come to mind.

2-1B
06-03-2002, 02:21 AM
Are you talking about Spirit? :confused:

Beast
06-03-2002, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
Are you talking about Spirit? :confused:
I think that's what he's talking about. I saw the commercial tonight that said that. "More action then Star Wars: Epsiode II." :rolleyes: Ya know, I really hate when a movie needs to actually hype themselves up, by using the name of another popular movie. The last one that really cheesed me off, was The 5th Element, "Star Wars, for the next Generation." The 5th Element, is sure the hell nowhere near as good, or going to ever be as popular as any of the Star Wars films, IMHO. :rolleyes: :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
06-03-2002, 03:56 AM
LOL Yeah, that's the stupidest trailer for a film that I've ever seen, it may have more action but which action is more realistic looking? They seem to forget to mention that. ;)

A Cartoon's or AOTC's action? I rest my case.

Eternal Padawan
06-03-2002, 09:42 AM
Yeah! And what's with that Advertisement that totally rips Spider-Man font for the "the biggest action star of the year" and it turns out to be Yoda. Nope. No "using a popular movie to hype their own movie" antics going on there. Nosiree. :rolleyes:

InsaneJediGirl
06-03-2002, 09:56 AM
The ad annoys me as well.First,how many kids have actually seen Starwars or even know what Starwars is to compare?Spirit is directed at 3-10 year olds.So,how can it have so much action and not be deemed "scary"?

I mean..a horse doing all these adventures gives me the creeps!:crazed:

LTBasker
06-03-2002, 11:48 AM
"If you see one movie this year - see Star Wars! If you see two - see Austin Powers 2!"

Spirit is sad to have put Star Wars in there because no way can a cartoon about a horse compare to the Yoda/Dooku fight.

El Chuxter
06-03-2002, 02:21 PM
That really bad looking flick a few months ago about the transvestite sorority boys used one of the guys cleaning out a hair clog and saying it was a Wookiee. Lame. :rolleyes:

Remember the one for Titan AE? "This is the film Star Wars fans have been waiting for!" Yeah, waiting for it to get to something resembling a good part.

LTBasker
06-03-2002, 05:11 PM
Yeah.... he said "It looks like a wookiee!" and then starts doing a chewie imitation.

One thing we gotta be glad about though is that Britney Spears didn't join Pepsi when they were doing all their SW ads, instead she adds more weight to the drowning Austin Powers. :D

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-03-2002, 05:51 PM
More action than Star Wars? What the heck does Spirit have, that Star Wars doesn't? Wait, wait, let me guess- that horse can fight like a ninja, huh?

Lone Jedi
06-03-2002, 06:33 PM
Oops, I changed the title of thread at the last minute without mentioning "Spirit" in the actual post. Good work there, Casear!

Eternal padawan: hehe, I thought about what you said as I was starting this thread, but that Yoda commercial doesn't say, "Episode II has more action than Spiderman and Undercover Brother combined" or something like that. It just uses the Spider-man text as a joke. Besides, we all know SW doesn't need any more hype. I hardly see any SW commercials compared to crap like "The New Guy."