PDA

View Full Version : I have beef with Count DookU

BillyJAck
06-03-2002, 02:25 AM
Well as i mentioned today I've been looking for a Count Dooku everywhere. Today after church i went to tru(nothing there) I drove 35 miles to eat at a Luby's cafeteria. I decided to walk to the K Mart attached to the Mall in Sebring. Well They have a big display and there no good figs except Dexter. But i passed. Then i walk back to the toy deparment which was bare! I looked for some old potj figs hoping for a boshek or r4-m9. I got there and all they had was duros and sneak preview figs I was so mad then i glanced down and there was a gem mint dooku sitting right there on the shelf (A count dooku just for me!) i quickly grabbed him and held him close and looked all around for scalpers and grabbers. None in sight. I had a big grin on my face and walked fast the the register and payed $7.48 for it. then left. Well thinking i had a variation i didn't open it for hours and that was killing me. Then I found out it was nothing so i gently opened him. Then i relized in all the excitment i didn't look at the figure too well. I just have to say this figure sucks as far as loose and cool looks. For one no articulation really. His left arm is horrible. The slashing attack crap and the gap in his waist and how hard he is to get in a half decent pose really let me down. I hate all the gimmicks. and His outifit isn't even black and his cape is so so and doesn't say on that good.

NOW that i got that off my chest.. . Who here thinks that Hasbro need to make another Dooku soon. I mean a neutral pose with a cloth cape(like lando bespin escape potj) that actually looks like the pic and drapes over his shoulders correctly and no gimmicks or poses. Just a pose like Chancellor Palpatine but with articulation at the knees, both wrists and biceps, waist and the right and left elbows. with a great head sculpt a metal lightsaber handle with removable blade and the right color "black" outfit. and a magnet on his belt so you can attach the saber to hang there. This right now is my dream figure. I want it just like i described. Hopefully they will make at least as many Dooku's/Tyranus figures as they do with the Jango's and like they did with All the Darth Mauls(just no eu dooku's please). Do you think they will make as many Dooku's or is this it??? give me some feedback here.

BillyJAcK

HAK
06-03-2002, 02:56 AM
well i dont think he is supposed to be wearing the black outfit until he becomes darth tyrannus- this figure is count dooku not tyranus- now i realize they are the same character but when he becomes a sith im sure he dresses in darker clothes (like the deluxe figure) other than that i like the figure- of course i would like to see another figure of him but that goes for most of them :)

LTBasker
06-03-2002, 04:44 AM
I'd definitely like to see a neutral Dooku and Jango, we need them both in just casual poses like they were on the balcony.

Forhekset
06-03-2002, 07:53 AM
He really isn't a great figure...I like him ok but the gap in his waist sucks and his action feature is worthless (not to mention it makes his right arm unable to ever go down by his side, sorta like arena Padme). The only reason he's hard to find is stupid speculation and artificial demand created by scalpers and nervous collector hoarding.

However, have no fear, as he's a Sith Lord and fairly major character, I have no doubt we'll see at least several resculpts of ol' Dooku.

JEDIpartner
06-03-2002, 09:08 AM
I just "forced" his arm down and it looks fine now. Working his "action feature" is so awkward anyhow- I never use it.

pthfnder89
06-03-2002, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Forhekset
He really isn't a great figure...I like him ok but the gap in his waist sucks and his action feature is worthless (not to mention it makes his right arm unable to ever go down by his side, sorta like arena Padme). The only reason he's hard to find is stupid speculation and artificial demand created by scalpers and nervous collector hoarding.

Yeah I wasn't too impressed by him either. The pose and the sculpting is great but he has too many problems.

I still don't know WHY they didn't make his left wrist articulated when they specifically gave him a second lightsaber. Especially when that wrist is stuck in a wierd position forcing the lightsaber in that hand to face outward.:confused:

Exhaust Port
06-03-2002, 09:43 AM
Perhaps they'll produce an Arena Battle figure for these characters

Jedi Juice
06-03-2002, 12:18 PM
My poor Dooku has a sad face. Hopefully he'll feel better by the next resculpt. :D

Jayspawn
06-03-2002, 12:45 PM
I agree, Dooku has worthless action features and the gap in his waist sucks. Other than those 2 things, I think it's an ok toy. I've managed to get him into some cool poses with Hanger Duel Anakin.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-03-2002, 01:25 PM
In that case the only good use for Dooku is a paperweight.

Darth Evil
06-03-2002, 04:57 PM
I quite like him, once I got him to stand he looked better. I don't like the left wrist or the non-removable lightsaber blade.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-03-2002, 05:25 PM
Maybe this is why Hasbro made this mad demand for the figure by shortpacking him. This way they'll sell tons before anyone realizes he's not great as far as articulation goes.

Plus, my Jackie Chan figures whip his old-A everytime they fight. :)

Lman316
06-03-2002, 10:13 PM
Before 4/23, this was the figure I was most looking forward to getting. Dooku just looked like an awesome character back (and he still is :happy: ), but I too was unimpressed with the figure version.
But I have hope that they'll release more versions of him: one that can hold a saber with two hands and has no gimmicks of any kind. Just a nice, normal version is all I'm asking for.

End :crazed:.

Lord Tenebrous
06-03-2002, 10:25 PM
I guess I got a good Dooku - stands well, small gap in waist, cloak stays on while using the action feature.

And he really does serve the character well. He's a one-handed fencer, and that's what he looks best doing. I just wish his torso/head didn't move as he slashed, it makes him look like he's lost his focus.

Jaina Solo
06-04-2002, 03:12 PM
Well, a lot of people have said this, about how the figure itself isn't that great. But you know, how many Darth Vaders have we seen over all, through POTF2 and POTJ and now even Saga? And Darth Mauls? We'll be seeing more Dookus, I'm pretty sure.

Although in the meantime, I'm considering some customization; taking some RIT dye to a POTJ Lando cape, for starters...

Sidiously Darth
06-05-2002, 02:35 AM
Besides the tunic color, why has this figure only been released in one case assortment? Heck, Yoda's been in 3 but you still can't find him on the pegs. Talk about crazy shizznit!!!

BillyJAck
06-05-2002, 02:46 AM
becuz of one of two things. Hasbro is plain stupid and didn't know kids would want him or they shortpacked him so there would be demand. Just like Hasbro use to shortpack Snake Eyes back in the gi joe days. For demand. Watch them flood the market with dookus down the road and make 10 diff versions of him which i'll buy he's a very cool character. Just like i did with all the movie darth mauls. Just no EU stuff please.

billyjack

RooJay
06-05-2002, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by HAK
well i dont think he is supposed to be wearing the black outfit until he becomes darth tyrannus- this figure is count dooku not tyranus- now i realize they are the same character but when he becomes a sith im sure he dresses in darker clothes (like the deluxe figure) other than that i like the figure- of course i would like to see another figure of him but that goes for most of them :)

He wears the same costume throughout the movie. From start to finish. His costume is most certainly black. He's also Darth Tyranus from the moment we first see him on screen. He's never referred to by that name because none of the people he deals with in the film before Darth Sidious knows of his status as a Sith Lord.

I think the figure is pretty spiffy myself, but I would like to see a better version produced eventually.

BillyJAck
06-05-2002, 02:49 AM
It sure is I just saw aotc for the third time. He's in black and never changes his outfit. very cool looking. I can't wait to get the accurate 12 inch which looks flawless on every aspect. can't wait. Will look great with my future ultimate jango

billy