PDA

View Full Version : Collector FX Edition Saber

Darth_Growl
06-03-2002, 12:45 PM
Are any of you guys thinking of getting the new Collector FX Edition Saber? I've seen these and they look absolutely sweet! the price is a little steep, but if it does what they say it does, I wouldn't mind paying $200 for these. I'm trying to find some reviews on these, but so far, nobody has gotten there hands on one. I'm thinking of buy the Darth vader FX Edition Saber. Let me know what you guys think or if you plan to buy one. Thanks! :)

187-Maul
06-03-2002, 02:13 PM
well I would love to have one but the problem is that I'm 15 and even have to think of a way to afford the basic figs for me so...:(

Darth_Growl
06-03-2002, 03:26 PM
heheh sorry to hear that. my parents are millionares, so im not worried about the money at all. i just wanted to see if anybody was thinking of buying one of these .they look so cool! :)

Exhaust Port
06-03-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Growl
my parents are millionares, so im not worried about the money at all.

Your's too? :rolleyes: :)

Dar' Argol
06-03-2002, 05:19 PM
Darth_Growl, What do you want to know about them. I was at a Hobby Convention back . . . . . heck I don't remember. But I was there with my buddy. He was getting more contacts for his buisness. Anywho, Mars Distributers(sp) was there and they has the Anakin FX Saber. I got to play around with it a bit while this guy tried to inform me about SW:rolleyes:. Needless to say I had to correct him on a few bits of mis-information he had. He told me I had Obi-Wan's Saber in my hand????? :confused: I don't know.

Anyway, what do you want to know???? I even got to see and hold Luke's ROTJ replica. Very cool things!!

Darth_Growl
06-04-2002, 08:49 AM
For one, I want to know how long the blade is? Is the blade long like in the movie? Also, do the sound effects sound pretty cool? I heard that the saber plays real sounds when you swing it or when it makes contact with another object. I'm really thinking of buying one, but I would like to know what you thought of it when you were holding it and stuff like that. :)

derek
06-04-2002, 08:53 AM
go to masterreplicas.com

they have a video you can watch of the saber in action, with sound.:)

Darth_Growl
06-04-2002, 10:44 AM
Hey, Derek. I'm unable to play the video for some reason. Can you tell me if the light saber is pretty convincing? Does it hum and makes sounds like in the movie? :)

Dar' Argol
06-04-2002, 05:19 PM
For one, I want to know how long the blade is? Is the blade long like in the movie? Also, do the sound effects sound pretty cool? I heard that the saber plays real sounds when you swing it or when it makes contact with another object. I'm really thinking of buying one, but I would like to know what you thought of it when you were holding it and stuff like that. :)

The blade is a about 3 feet long, i think:rolleyes:. That was back a couple of months ago. The sound effects are pretty cool. It humms and does the "Whumm Whumm" when you wave it. And it does "clash" when it strikes something. The blade was made of some kinda semi-hard plastic and was open on the end, it didn't round off. I don't know if this was b/c it was an early type or not but to get the color they had colored, tissue paper like lining the tube. I don't know if that was changed later on or not. They had it hooked up to a plug in power source, so I could not tell how heavy it would have been w/batteries in it. The power source does not come with it, it was just a demo model. It looked a little detailed and was one peice cast metal. IMO it was pretty cool, but I don't have the 200 clams for one. I would rather get the replica hilts then this. I would be afraid I would get too carried away and break it.

derek
06-04-2002, 06:10 PM
dar argol,

are you sure the "power supply" wasn't actually an anti theft device? at toyfair they had all their product connected to an anti theft device via a cable. their website says the saber takes batteries.

darth growl,

the demo i saw on their site looked very cool. i was impressed. and these FX sabers are selling for around $129, not the $200 dar argol quoted.:)

Dar' Argol
06-04-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by derek
dar argol,

are you sure the "power supply" wasn't actually an anti theft device? at toyfair they had all their product connected to an anti theft device via a cable. their website says the saber takes batteries.

Positive. The guy said as I was looking at it, "here let me hook up the power". Then he connected the cable into the side of the saber and turned it on. It was no connected b/4 this.

Also, you guys may want to look at this thread b/4 ordering. derek, I know you have.

Master Replicas Stinks!!! (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9586)

JediTricks
06-04-2002, 07:46 PM
Other threads on SSG discussing Master Replicas' FX sabers:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9004
-and-
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6738

derek
06-05-2002, 01:44 AM
here is a FX anakin saber from toyfair. it looks pretty accurate, but i don't like the black cap on the saber blade. i don't know why it isn't clear or the same color as the blade.:confused:

Darth_Growl
06-05-2002, 08:48 AM
That is one sweet looking saber! You're right about the black cap though; it completely looks out of place there. Hopefully, this one is just the beta version or something. :D So who else is going to get one besides me? I don't know if I should wait until the darth vader one comes out. Anybody know what other sabers MR is going to make?

pthfnder89
06-05-2002, 12:50 PM
So who else is going to get one besides me? I don't know if I should wait until the darth vader one comes out. Anybody know what other sabers MR is going to make?

I was really going to get one, but I think the hilt is a little too big for my taste. They had to alter it for the electronics and whatnot, but I would rather have a hilt that is to scale.

So far the props they have announced are :

Anakin FX lightsaber
Lukes ROTJ saber hilt
Obi Wans AOTC saber hilt
Yodas saber hilt
Dookus saber hilt
Hans Blaster
&
Vaders FX lightsaber.

But if they do well with these they have stated that there are more planned. They haven't made any official announcements of which ones though.

As far as lightsabers go, I'm holding off for a Mace Windu AOTC hilt replica. I hope they make one.:)

derek
06-06-2002, 12:48 AM
now that i think about, the hilt looks very close to the same size as the hasbro anakin saber. master replicas list the saber hilt as being 2.5 inches wide, but that is wrong i think. i don't think it's that big.

hasbro's saber is about 1.75 inches wide, and i have an actual heiland flashgun, which anakin's saber is based on and it is about 1.25 inches wide.

JediTricks
06-06-2002, 05:24 AM
Maybe 2.5 is at the activation box, that size sounds absolutely unacceptable (except when thinking about where 6 AA batteries are gonna go in there!).

pthfnder89
06-06-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Maybe 2.5 is at the activation box, that size sounds absolutely unacceptable (except when thinking about where 6 AA batteries are gonna go in there!).

Well that's exactly what I thought when I read that size on their website JediTricks. But from seeing pics and watching the movie clip on their site, it looks about accurate.:(

JediTricks
06-06-2002, 07:30 PM
If it's 2.5 inches wide, then it's toast. Heck, the ROTJ Luke saber is only 2 inches from the activation box, the body itself is well under an inch and a half. But I dunno, it doesn't look 2.5 w/out activation box in the pic Derek added... I hope it's not 2.5!