PDA

View Full Version : Would the real Geonosian Handler please stand up?

brentfett
06-03-2002, 12:58 PM
I'm sure this has been discussed, but how do you get Geonosian Massif Handler to stand up? I have the winged one suspended from string to simulate flying, so that's not an issue there. Is there anything I can do short of performing risky foot surgery with a drill so he'll fit on an action stand?

Sir FanBoy
06-03-2002, 01:08 PM
the figure dont come with pre drilled holes?

that sux...

i was gonna tell you to purchase the stands here

http://www.realstands.com/

Forhekset
06-03-2002, 01:46 PM
Hrm...mine stands just fine, without any sort of help. Though I do have his left hand sort of propped against the Massiff.

Jayspawn
06-03-2002, 02:00 PM
The Geonosians have suck weird feet. I actually have them standing on their toes with their legs a little spread apart. It looks pretty good.

(Still, the Geonosian figure should not have come with the Massiff but thats ok.)

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-03-2002, 02:10 PM
Lean 'em against the wall. Problem soved.

Battle Droid
06-03-2002, 03:56 PM
My Handler stands up fine, it's the Geonosian Warriors I have trouble with.

Lman316
06-03-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
My Handler stands up fine, it's the Geonosian Warriors I have trouble with.

Same with me. My Handler has been up for about 3 - 4 days now but I don't even bother with the Warriors now. I'm going to get some sticky tack and basically paste them onto the stands. I'm tired of them falling over every few minutes :frus:.

End.

Casual George
06-03-2002, 04:43 PM
I have my handler leaning just slightly back, away from the Massiff, the chain attached to the Massiff prevents him from falling backwards plus it looks like he is struggling a bit to keep the massiff under control.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-03-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
(Still, the Geonosian figure should not have come with the Massiff but thats ok.)

Yeah, what's up with that! The biggest goof so far on Hasbro's part.

Why don't you just set it up with the Massiff turning on the handler and have it on the ground with the beast on top chewing on it's face?

Forhekset
06-03-2002, 10:45 PM
Hey MC, I just wanted to tell you that I crack up every damn time I read your sig, no matter how many times I see it. Hehe.

Who wants to bet that the upcoming Tusken Raider with Massiff will have the same Massiff that comes with the Geonosian Handler? Oh well. I'll just have to make 'em facing different directions, or put one Massiff at one end of a shelf, and the other Massiff at the opposite end, so it doesn't look like they have also been cloned. :p

Lman316
06-03-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Forhekset

Who wants to bet that the upcoming Tusken Raider with Massiff will have the same Massiff that comes with the Geonosian Handler? Oh well. I'll just have to make 'em facing different directions, or put one Massiff at one end of a shelf, and the other Massiff at the opposite end, so it doesn't look like they have also been cloned. :p

That's what I'm worried about too. I'm sure it will be the same thing with just a different paint job (I thought the ones on Tatooine had green on their backs).
But maybe Hasbro will surprise us and give us a new sculpt to break up the monotony (that seems to be my new favorite word :p).

End :happy:.

Battle Droid
06-04-2002, 01:38 AM
Hopefully it's a different sculpt with more articulation.

Jargo
06-04-2002, 08:04 AM
I wish they'd done the same paint job on both Geonosians, I saw a ton of the Massif handler one yesterday that looked almost silver instead of the greeny red that the winged one is. I had to hunt for one that wasn't all silvered. Seriously lacking in color mine was. The Massif is great though. But yeah, he'll probably just be the same one with the Tusken Raider. Any bets the Tusken is the POTJ one with tiny differences? So they'll give him the head thing but the prequel tuskens all look like the POTJ one whereas the OT tuskens look like the POTF2 one. Obviously there was a shift in tusken fashions from neck scarves to harmonicas :D

Mandalorian Candidat
06-04-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Forhekset
Hey MC, I just wanted to tell you that I crack up every damn time I read your sig, no matter how many times I see it. Hehe.

Thanks for the props, Forhekset.

I think you're probably right about the Tusken Massiff being a clone of the Geonosian one. I may pop the tusken's head off a la an Anakin close-shave and have the Massiff picking up the leftovers to make it a little more interesting.