PDA

View Full Version : New Deluxe Clonetrooper

brentfett
06-03-2002, 12:59 PM
Anybody know anything about this guy, color/what he comes with?

pthfnder89
06-03-2002, 01:25 PM
There aren't any details on him yet, just that he is a Deluxe figure.

There is some speculation that he comes with a Speeder Bike, but this is only a rumour so far. :)

Beast
06-03-2002, 01:28 PM
It's supposed to be a plain white CloneTrooper, and come with a SpeederBike. Whether it actually is released that way, since the speeders are not clearly visible on screen, I dunno. They are mentioned in the book, and there was a CCG card that showed the CloneTroopers on Speederbikes. So, I am guessing we will get one. For all we know, they are visible onscreen, in the background of the shots of the battle. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
06-03-2002, 01:37 PM
I really wish they would just sculpt more white ones as basic figures. I'm not saying that I wouldn't buy the deluxe version, but I think we are severly lacking a proper army here.

Forhekset
06-03-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
I really wish they would just sculpt more white ones as basic figures. I'm not saying that I wouldn't buy the deluxe version, but I think we are severly lacking a proper army here.

Yes, they need to release a basic figure that's the plain white Clonetrooper, without the "dirty" paint effects. I'm pretty sure they will, but why this figure wasn't released before the "red" Clonetrooper is beyond me....

Beast
06-03-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Forhekset
Yes, they need to release a basic figure that's the plain white Clonetrooper, without the "dirty" paint effects. I'm pretty sure they will, but why this figure wasn't released before the "red" Clonetrooper is beyond me....
Well, the Red CloneTrooper was originally supposed to be all white, and the red was a last minute change. That's why there are some error cards that are slipping out that show a White CloneTrooper on the insert. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Forhekset
06-03-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Well, the Red CloneTrooper was originally supposed to be all white, and the red was a last minute change. That's why there are some error cards that are slipping out that show a White CloneTrooper on the insert. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Yeah, I know it was a last minute change, I just don't understand why they did it. Maybe they thought it wouldn't be "different" enough from the Sneak Preview trooper or something? I don't get it.

JangoFart
06-03-2002, 02:25 PM
I had read somewhere, it escapes me now, that the Clone Trooper deluxe was going to be a yellow one with the bubble thingie that attaches to the Republic Gunship.

Am I imaging this? I know I read it somewhere.

J

chris
06-03-2002, 02:30 PM
The bubble attachment would be cool, and the yellow clone commander will probably get made sooner than later. But for now, all I want is a good sculpt of the plain, old white one, and make the rest of the colors later. I wouldn't even mind if they used the red clontrooper sculpt to make a white one.

JEDIpartner
06-03-2002, 03:02 PM
I agree with you there. If I could find more of the Red Clonies... I'd probably start repainting them white!

Lman316
06-03-2002, 03:17 PM
I wish that we could at least start seeing some pictures of these things. I'm realy dying to see what the Deluxe Yoda looks like, what the Deluxe Clone looks like, what the Tusken w/ Massiff looks like. Out with the pics already, Hasbro....if you do indeed have them pictured :D.
And yes, I agree with others here. I want some new, normal white Clone Troopers. I like the POTJ ones that I have, but it's all so monotonous with the exact same pose for everying. Sheesh, I mean, I know they're clones, but they don't have to look exactly the same all the time :p. Hasbro should have given this figure waist articulation, and that might make it better. But, they didn't, so now we need some new white clones to break up this repetition :crazed:.

End :).

Jargo
06-03-2002, 03:21 PM
That's the pilot clonetrooper who will come with the gunpod attachment for the gunship isn't it? You'll need two pilots for the vehicles so you might as well buy the two with the gunpods. Although the damn things should by rights pack with the darned vehicle if they are part of it.

The speeder bikes used by the clonetroopers are the same as the Imperial ones at the front end but have the same two panniers at the back as the swoop Anakin rides on Tatooine. So it's the same type but not as streamlined as the Imperial speeder bike.

The clonetrooper coming with the rumoured speeder bike will no doubt utilise the red clonetrooper body without the red pain obviously and with minor sculpt changes to the legs. But to straddle a speeder bike he'll be bow legged like the POTF2 biker scout.

We need a plain posed clonetrooper like the commtech stormtrooper. No gimmicks just good articulation and decent accessories. And get the white really white please Hasbro. the belt and helmet are almost yellow on the red clonetrooper and the preview clonetrooper. It ruins the look of clean clinical precision military cannon fodder troopers. At least the CT stormtrooper is white white. It's the cheaper materials that make the white look yellow. And stay off the spray gun with the pink paint in it. Just a nice clean white clonetrooper please no dirt effects. Neutral pose, articulated to the hilt. Thank you. :)

sunblind
06-03-2002, 03:27 PM
Yeah, we need a good version of the white clonie. hopefully this one won't double for sitting on the dumper!

stardog24
06-03-2002, 05:09 PM
If you want awesome plain white troopers, do what I did. I bought four of the red AOTC troopers and four of the Sneak Preview clones that are clogging the shelves at my local TRU. Went home, switched head and arms. Lightly sanded off the four red dots on the chest and dirt off the legs and shoulders and I was finished. The head-swapped plain trooper looks a lot better than the sneak preview one. My only problem now is, I have four squatting red troopers. I think I'll repaint one yellow and sand or paint a couple more white. If you have any customizing experience, try this. It's great. Currently, I'm looking at all the Jango figs to make a custom Jango.

Darth Evil
06-03-2002, 06:05 PM
I can't wait to see some super-articulated white Clonetroopers. I still have to find a red one though.