PDA

View Full Version : Hefty Bags For Storage?

Skinny 1
06-03-2002, 02:48 PM
I have heard several different opinions on this topic, and I thought I'd get the opinion of everyone here. I have been considering using the large Hefty One-Zip plastic freezer bags to store carded figures in. Is this a good idea? I have heard in the past that the plastic, over time, will stick to the item in the bag and cause it damage. On the other hand, I've heard that anything safe for food storage is safe for storing action figures and their cards, although I would hope that someone wouldn't leave food in one of these things for the amount of time I plan on leaving the figures! When I was younger, I stored many of my smaller toys in these bags, and they never stuck to them or anything like that. Opinions?

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-03-2002, 05:23 PM
Store them however you think is right, just don't mistake it fo tomorrow's trash.

Skinny 1
06-03-2002, 07:40 PM
That's a good philosophy. I think I'm going to go ahead and use the bags. Thanks for the reply.

Lman316
06-03-2002, 11:06 PM
You could also buy the plastic storage containers made by rubbermaid, sterilite and other companies.
That's what I used to use when I was a carded collector. The containers keep them mostly dust free and keeps them from being exposed to light - but you're probably looking for something to display them with.
I have hard that Star Cases are making new ones (if they already haven't) for the new Saga cards. But the older ones will work on the POTJ, EP1 and POTF2 cards.
That's all I can think of right now.

End :).

Skinny 1
06-04-2002, 09:18 AM
Actually, I am just looking to store them. I have some large plastic containers like the ones you are talking about, and they sound perfect for storage. I've also got some cases like the Star Cases, and I also noticed that the newest figures don't quite fit right; which is why I was going to switch to the plastic bags. I'm glad to hear that they are going to make some to accomodate the new figures!

Jonna
06-04-2002, 09:20 AM
I just keep my unopened figures in comic boxes in a dry, dark place. I have been doing it for 5 or 6 years and I haven't had any problems.

LTBasker
06-04-2002, 09:57 AM
Only bad part about containers is the heat could get to them.

Skinny 1
06-05-2002, 07:40 PM
Since the containers are in my basement, which remains fairly cool all year, I'm not very worried about the heat getting to them.