PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro and GL petitions. Stop the exclusives and give us a voice!!

Dryanta
06-03-2002, 04:13 PM
Hello all,
This was originally Eternal Padawans idea and he should get the credit(if any ;)) for this movement.Brandon was also helpful in providing an address for LFL.Thanks to you both.
I rewrote the petitions slightly just for more clarity and had my wife proof read them.She went to Rutgers,I went to Hell in a hand basket.:)

Anyway.Please read them,make copies and hand them out in the toy aisles and to other collectors every where.For those of you who are interested in participating,take them to the other forum sites as well.
Let's set this thing on fire!!I'd like to see 10,000 of both sent out.
Not all that hard really.Considering how many of us there are.
There are some who donnot agree with this,so if there is any flames here,please do not respond.Lets not take a chance on getting the thread closed.
One final note.In both petitions it speaks of representatives from each site and venue.
I disqualify myself from any such position.If the request ever came to pass.It would be major cheese for me to even think about it after having written the petitions.
Now lets see if I can do this right.;)
I had to come back and remind you all that there two seperate petitions.The download number aren't even.:)

Dryanta
06-03-2002, 04:18 PM
And here is the second petition.Pleaseshow your support by adding the thread to your signature!!

Lman316
06-03-2002, 04:22 PM
Very nice, Dryanta. I think all of our concerns were expressed in both of these, and I hope that both Lucas and Hasbro will at least listen to some of these ideas, if not all (if they can, that is).
I too like the idea of getting people from the fan sites together and have them work with Hasbro on getting the best figures made. I actually thought about this a while ago. I told myself that if I ever get rich, I'd buy out part of Hasbro and get people from SSG to work with them, lol. I guess I wasn't the only one with this thought :D.
I'll send them in.

End :).

InsaneJediGirl
06-03-2002, 04:24 PM
Ver nice Dryanta.I happen to like the Collector Focus Group and Website idea.I'll be sure to add the link in my signature :D

Dryanta
06-03-2002, 04:30 PM
Hey IJG!!
I'm glad you cpould open them alright this time!!
I did it all by myself ;)
And Lman thanks for the kind words and welcome back bud.

Lman316
06-03-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Dryanta
Hey IJG!!
I'm glad you cpould open them alright this time!!
I did it all by myself ;)
And Lman thanks for the kind words and welcome back bud.

Thanks, Dryanta. It's good to be back :D.

End :).

bigbarada
06-03-2002, 06:34 PM
Well, it can't hurt to give it a shot. I'll mail these off tomorrow. Hopefully there is enough of a reaction to actually make a difference.

Dryanta
06-03-2002, 06:56 PM
we're getting there.Now I'd like to ask this before everyone shows up later.Are there any volunteers to take these to the other sites.If not,give me some names and I can go else where,register and post them.Didn't know if some here would be able to do it.
I plan on making copies and having them with me when I hit the stores.Any students may be able to get multiple signatures as well.
Any number of ways to spread the word.Work,school,the theaters,were ever fans might be found.
I'd also like to find out in a few weeks how many were sent.Try and keep track it might be a good topic for some one to start in a few weeksThanks for the support so far.I think we could have a tigger by the tail if we handle it right.

bigbarada
06-03-2002, 07:06 PM
Do you want to do this as one set of letters per person, or have several people sign one letter and send it off? Would it really make a difference?

Dryanta
06-03-2002, 07:33 PM
I can't say it would make any difference.As long as they get the idea that we're serious about this.I personally will get getting signatures as well a giving copies.Keeping a master with signatures and sending any signees away with the same petitions.So hopefully they will also get a couple sigs.
I picked the number of 10,000 signatures as a target because of the rumored 5,000 shuttles.Maybe that alone would show them there is a larger demand then their estimates.
Thanks for the response BigB.I know this can't hurt.Even if it's gets no response from Hasbro or Lucas we could use it as a type of therapy,instead of just empty,unheard complaining.
Any body be able to supply email addresses for both reciepents?
It might be a little more incentive for people to participate.Flood both snail and email.

DarthBrandon
06-03-2002, 09:41 PM
Well EP and Dryanta it's finally underway, I hope that as a whole, we reach well over 10,000 signatures. Hopefully what EP started and what Dryanta drafted up will do some good in the end for all of us. So lets get as many sigs as possible to show we mean business. Good job fella's.

P.S. Anyone get them E-mails yet ?

Dryanta
06-03-2002, 09:46 PM
good to see you Brandon.Again thanks for the help with the address.Going to add the link to your sig?;)I hope E.P. is ready for this.
Had to come back here too.There are two seperate petitions.One for Lucas one for Hasbro.I think I wasn't clear enough.The download numbers aren't even between the two.I wouldn't expect them to be even but closer than they are.

DarthBrandon
06-03-2002, 10:50 PM
Pist Dryanta, how do I sign ?

Dryanta
06-03-2002, 10:56 PM
OOPS.No e signing.What I'm going to do is print a pile off.To pass around and keep a master for signatures.Everyone who signs gets a copy of each for themselves to get sigs.
If we can manage to get email addresses just emailing them would be the same as signing and then snail mailing them.I plan on getting as many sigs as I can and then snail mail them

DarthBrandon
06-03-2002, 11:02 PM
Oh O.k. Dryanta in that case I've already got my copy to make signatures. I down loaded it about two hours ago. I'll get started on my list Tom.

Dryanta
06-03-2002, 11:07 PM
cool Brandon.Spread the word around here as well.I really wish I were better at this stuff.I should have set this up better than I did.Sorry all.It'll be worth the hassle.If anybody can help improve this process please feel free.ANybody going to take this to other sites?Any help with email address' for Hasbro and Lucas Film?

DarthBrandon
06-03-2002, 11:10 PM
Hey don't beat yourself up, your doing a great job, momma would be proud of you. Keep up the good work, get back to you soon. We have to start somewhere right ?

DarthBrandon
06-03-2002, 11:22 PM
I've checked for Lucasfilm E-mail address, they have one, but it's for resumes only. I think the best route is to get as many sigs as possible ( over 10,000 ) then send them to the address I gave you Dryanta. Atten: George Lucas and George Lucas only, in big bold letters. Something like personal and confidential at the top. This is to ensure that he gets it and not someone in his H/R dept.

P.S. I think if we get 100 or 200 people to get 100 sigs each, then submit them to you, then we can achieve our goals. Does not matter how many people are SW fans, we just need sigs Right? Get friends, family, other collectors etc.

Maximilian Veers
06-04-2002, 06:04 AM
Cool Dryanta,very cool!

Dryanta
06-04-2002, 08:23 AM
Good morning all,
I know it's only been less than a day,but I am discouraged with the turn out for this so far.Do I need to change the thread title for more clarity?Guys are still going off in the poll but they're not showing up here.Any ideas?And that sounds good to me Brandon.I'm going over to the other sites and register and post them there.TFN,rebelscum,any others?

Mace Windex
06-04-2002, 08:40 AM
I was wondering if you folks could keep an eye out for a few things for me when you are shopping? I need the BEspin Luke and some non Star wars items. I alos collect Johnny Lightning VWs and they recently released 6 new VW cars. I have 4 of the 6 but still need the 21 window sunroof bus and the pick-up truck. If anyone finds them (I need two of each, one to open and one to keep) I would be very thankful if you could pick them up for me. Of course, I will search Star Wars for anyone here.
Thanks. My e-mail address is:
vwdude1957@aol.com

Dryanta
06-04-2002, 08:42 AM
Morning Mace.I think maybe you were looking for the other thread I started.The collector club maybe? :) But hey feel free to support the petitions while you're here!!;)

InsaneJediGirl
06-04-2002, 09:50 AM
I can take the petion over to Ezboard.I Roleplay at a lot of the forums.Only problem is I cant attach files at Ezboard.Would you just rather have me send 'em here?

Dryanta
06-04-2002, 09:54 AM
Sure IJG,
I think they could either register and comment or just down load them with out registering.Thanks alot for the support.

Dryanta
06-04-2002, 12:44 PM
well I went to TFN and The jawa and registered.I can't figure out how to post them and no one has told me yet. so I just told any one interested to email me.
Rebelscum is down I guess.I'm glad I found this site first. ;) not any support at all over there.I'll wait a couple days before I make a final opinion though.Any other sites I might want to go to?BTW I'm Dryanta everywhere else too.Probably never go back after this anyway.Anybody else here jumping on board?Download numbers are looking good.hopefully people are doing more with them then just reading ;)

DarthMaulSithLord
06-04-2002, 03:08 PM
So errr...where do i sign?

:confused:

Dryanta
06-04-2002, 04:48 PM
Again,I am sorry I should have done this better than I did.Print them off,get more signature(if you'd like) and snail mail them to the address' at the top of each petition.Still waiting to see if someone has some email address' but none so far,so snail mail would work great.
I plan on handing out copies when and where I can and collecting signatures before I send any.
Show your support for the confusing mess I've made!!
We are now getting bites at TFN!! still can't get into Rebel scum.
Spread the word.The Saga line is dying on the pegs,(Thrawn is 100% right!!) if we can get them to deal with us directly we might still have something to collect.
Again everybody I am sorry for the confusipon.They are really form letters in there unsigned state.We can turn them into petitions by circulating them

Dryanta
06-04-2002, 08:13 PM
O.K. for those interested.They are up on TFN,TheJawa,Rebelscum,and Here.Got bites on all but thejawa,one guy wants on out right boycott,but "he's with us in spirit" How are we doing?

Dryanta
06-05-2002, 10:38 AM
LOl I just screwed up again.
I went back to TFN to start threads in all the regionla threads.I was pasting a link to another site by mistake.Got banned.I'm waiting for them to give me a reason.Just got it."spamming"
I guess I don't understand why I was called names though.Jeez trying to give people a chance to participate if they'd like.
AM I talking to myself here or what?WHere is everybody that have complained about exclusives and quality?

bigbarada
06-05-2002, 10:48 AM
It is starting to seem that people love to complain but don't actually want anything to change.:confused:

This is not impossible, it just requires that we all work together for once and speak out to Hasbro and Lucas in one common voice. Speaking with wallets hasn't seemed to work yet.

InsaneJediGirl
06-05-2002, 10:49 AM
I went to TFN before..bad place..I only posted once!

Dryanta,I have the forms printed,just need to sign them and send 'em away.Tonight,I plan on going to The Gungan Council,The Rebel Faction,The Rebel Alliance and a few others.

Forhekset
06-05-2002, 10:55 AM
Dryanta, you might want to check out the forums at jedinet.com as well.

Dryanta
06-05-2002, 11:30 AM
Thanks all,for the encouragement.I was called a "prat" over there.What is that?Bad morning.Got pretty discouraged.

Forhekset
06-05-2002, 11:37 AM
Prat

n : the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on [syn: buttocks, arse, butt, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind end, keister, posterior, rear, rear end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny]

Well you did ask. :D I'm not really surprised you were insulted & banned over at the "The Fanboy Network". Some of the people there are a little...high-strung.

Dryanta
06-05-2002, 06:10 PM
Hmmm.Thanks for that Forhekset (I think ;)).I'll go back to check to see if any one shows any interest but I doubt it.
Thanks IJG I appreciate your time and effort.
And I took the advice,It's on Jedinet.com now too.
Where is everyone? after all the complaining no one wants to say anything?How many are planning on sending in petitions?
Should I see if a Moderator or SS will put up a news piece on the front page? WHere is everyone??!!

jjreason
06-05-2002, 10:27 PM
Hi Dryanta, thanks for the PM. Im down with this 100%. I printed off my copies and have started collecting signatures. Like someone said, any signatures count. I still don't know how to make that link show up in my signature, so Ill need a walkthrough. Thanks for heading this up. I have a friend who's on board at Sandtroopers.com who may be able to post them over there.

Dryanta
06-05-2002, 10:50 PM
thanks for the support,spread the word!I pmed 29 people tonight.
We also picked up some help over at rebelscum.We'll see what comes of that.they are already over at the jawa.Do they share a forum?
TFN has no bites what so ever.Aren't they the ones that want to be "the " Fan site?Would make sense with their attitude.
How have you made out IJG?
I also emailed Sir Steve to see if he'd put a news article about this on the main page.Alot of traffic there.I hope he does it.
How many sites is this on now?I know first hand of 5.
Lets keep each other updated and change those sigs.Show support.Jason b will post how to do it.
Night all.

Jason B
06-05-2002, 10:50 PM
ok, jreason, here you go. highlight:
[ url=http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9546]Go here and sign the Hasbro and GL petitions.[/url ] . then, right click on it, and hit copy. then, go to edit profile under User CP (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=editprofile), and right click on the signature box, and hit paste. then, take out all of the spaces. (thy have to be there, for me to show you the coding for it.) that's all there is to it. :)

jjreason
06-05-2002, 11:09 PM
Im just posting to see if the link works. I appreciate you leading the blind, Jason B.

Jason B
06-05-2002, 11:10 PM
take out the space at the end. :)

jjreason
06-05-2002, 11:21 PM
Money. I hope people use it. Thanks again.

Jason B
06-06-2002, 07:38 AM
not a problem. :)

InsaneJediGirl
06-06-2002, 10:04 AM
I just posted two things on Ezboard

http://pub5.ezboard.com/fthegungancouncilfrm27 -I am under the name "Aura Casimira"

http://pub78.ezboard.com/bthenewgalaxy -Under the name "Aura Casimira"

The Gungan Council will probably wont mind us,but The Jedi Republic..they are like the TFNForums of Ezboard.

Forhekset
06-06-2002, 10:49 AM
Hey Dryanta, you may want to get in touch with some of the smaller, but still well-known Star Wars fansites. They'd probably be much more cooperative about posting this as "front-page news" than the huge sites. And any exposure helps.

Dryanta
06-06-2002, 10:51 AM
very nice work,IJG.Your efforts are appreciated.And will help.I think BigB may be right.He told me it may take a while for this to really pick up.I'll wait if you will ;)
I will pass on to you all a statement I recieved in a PM today.The author very nicley thought our "terms" were unrealistic.But he would think a little more on the subject.I wanted every one to know that.I don't want to feel as though I'm keeping anything from all who support this.
They may very well be unrealistic.But I think we also started with high expectations so IF Hasbro reacts to this their compromise terms maybe a big help.
No matter what,expecting something from these petitions is MORE realistic than complaining to each other,or trying a boycott.
I can't just sit around and watch this hobby die.And it is.Thrawn is right.It's dying on the pegs.Exclusives maybe a mute point before long.The retailers will drop the line if interest doesn't pick up.Exclusives,quality,and distribution have gotten every collector so down alot have given up.The hobby cannot survive the loss of too many more of us.
If all we could get out of this is listened to,Hasbro could save it,with our help.
So yes the terms are unrealistic,but it's something!!An attempt and action,instead of just lip service.

End of rant.:) give me names of sites and I will go!!

InsaneJediGirl
06-06-2002, 11:09 AM
I am going to agree with you,Dryanta.The Starwars line over in my area is DEAD.I spoke to the Toy Stocker,and she says they cant give the things away.:(

I wonder what would happen if we put our petition in the Starwars.com forums???

Dryanta
06-06-2002, 11:18 AM
well I'll tell you later.I'm going over there.;)The line is dead here.Kmarts displays have been replaced with Barbie stuff and they are down to just a hand full of pegwarmers.Walmart,Target and TRU are swimming in the first 14.I really feel like we need to act to save the line.

sideswipe1984
06-06-2002, 11:30 AM
I feel like Hasbro's dirty ***** sometimes in the following respect:

It's like we're good enough until the pretty girl comes along, and then we are treated like filthy skanks.

They'll concede in non-movie years that we basically ARE the market for Star Wars. But as soon as a movie year rolls around, our presence is basically ignored because they figure they have a more lucrative market (the children) to tap - so they no longer need us (until another non-movie year rolls around).

Well, that is all well and fine, but the kids are losing interest faster than they planned, and they had better wake up and realize which side their bread is buttered on. Like the dirty *****s we are, we'd eventually take Hasbro back into our bed as many times as they pull this trick on us, but eventually, it is going to be beyond our control if they drive the line right into the ground with their practices and tendencies.

Dryanta
06-06-2002, 11:41 AM
hey side swipe,I'm guessing you're going to support the petitions? ;)
I just went to starwars.com I had to post my email,I guess you can't post files there.We'll see.I am dryanta every where except there.fxsts over there.
Yep,Hasbro bet the farm on the lids and they dodn't hve the interest numbers they once did.We are the market.

sideswipe1984
06-06-2002, 12:00 PM
Yes, I will certainly sign this petition. Hopefully it will affect some changes for the better.

Paul-Kenobi
06-06-2002, 05:07 PM
hey IJG when did you become a Jedi Ambassador ?

JEDIpartner
06-06-2002, 06:58 PM
I'll support this thread for certain, but how do I actually "sign" the petition??

You know you can count on me!!

Dryanta
06-06-2002, 07:03 PM
hey thanks Jp,I thought I could!!
Print them off sign and get more signatures and snail mail them to the address' on the top.Pass the word.Get sigs!!And thanks to all for the support

jjreason
06-06-2002, 07:25 PM
Just an update, Dryanta. Sandtroopers.com is in discussions to post the petitions. Apparently the powers that be over there are split on supporting it or not, and they want to come to a consensus first. They share forums with Jawa.com so Posted in one place will surely be read by the other. Thought you'd be interested. Ill let you know when I hear from my contact as to whether or not they'll post in support. Good luck.

Dryanta
06-06-2002, 07:30 PM
all right!!That's very good news.I had no idea that something was up over there.It's been super quiet.Is there anything I can do?Just let me know.The thread at TFn hasn't been even viewed.Someone over there told people to ignore me so I guess they took the advice.Rebel scum has some bites but not much yet.Be patient and I think it'll take off

bigbarada
06-06-2002, 07:31 PM
Well, I'm getting my brother and sister-in-law to sign the one I printed out. We'll mail it off at the end of this week. This is not a collector's town so that's about the best I can do.

Dryanta
06-07-2002, 12:40 PM
Ok all,
I want you to be aware of something.I Have editted out an entire post here.The first post was a rant against another site.I had to come back and get rid or it.My intent is for unity and a collective voice.Devisive comments like the ones I made are extremly counter productive.I appologize to any one who may have read it before I made the changes.
We had a post on the TFN thread last night.
and It really made me think That we are on the right track.
A person said it may sound mean and selfish but he didn't care about collectors outside the US.He's always been abble to get his stuff.That attitude is THE biggest problem in this hobby.Not LUcas,not Hasbro,not exclusives,And notscalpers.It's us. To all those who couldn't be bothered to care about other collectors.Guess what?Many more collectors drop off and this hobby will die.And then you'll be S.O.L. too.
We need to stand up TOGETHER.You don't mind exclusives?Fine Support your friends and the petitions.Quality not really an issue? Fine support the petitions anyway.You really don't want to have a voice to Hasbro about your hobby?I don't buy that for second.Everybody wants to be heard.Support these petitions.
Support your friends here and on other boards.In doing so you'll be supporting yourselves.
I personally would not object to working with all of you to write up new petitions.That would have more of a consensus from all of us.My major push is for a voice and support my freinds elsewhere.
I want to help save my hobby from itself.If we can get a real voice we could effect other changes that we all could decide on.
For now give us some feed back.Ignoring this isn't going to make it go away.I will not walk away without a fight for my hobby.We need help,input,and signatures.
It's almost the weekend folks.Print off copies and get sigs on your toy runs.I'm going to.Going to see the film again.Take a copie with you.Lets go.Lets talk this over.Input negative or positive.Come on show some interest in fellow collectors.

Forhekset
06-07-2002, 01:29 PM
Post edited for Dryanta. :)

Dryanta
06-07-2002, 01:33 PM
well so much for editing that out.It's not your fault forhekset.I am sorry for that post.And I really wish now I hadn't done that.Not what we need at all.

InsaneJediGirl
06-07-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Paul-Kenobi
hey IJG when did you become a Jedi Ambassador ?

Sometime last month..I cant remember really!!Dryanta,could we really hand out petitions in the SW isles?I know at WM,at the side doors there is a sign about non-wm flyers and such on their property...

LTBasker
06-07-2002, 05:04 PM
Hmm... it would be interesting. Or ask if you could put a paper in the window at TRU, they'll put anything up there no matter what - they put Pokemon stuff up didn't they? :D

DarthBrandon
06-07-2002, 05:25 PM
Dryanta,

Sorry I've been away so long, been busy with wife, kids, work etc.
For these petitions to work we need at least 100 to 200 members to get 100 signatures each. I'm already working on mine. I will submit them to you when I'm finished.

Forhekset
06-07-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Dryanta
well so much for editing that out.It's not your fault forhekset.I am sorry for that post.And I really wish now I hadn't done that.Not what we need at all.

I guess you meant to retract your TFN post. I edited mine for you.

Dryanta
06-07-2002, 07:26 PM
Thanks forhekset.Again I am sorry that i wrote that.and I appreciate the respect you showed in editing your post.Thanks alot.
IJG,I keep a few with me incase I run into other collectors.If they think others may want to sign it I would then give them copies.I don't try and post them or hang around trying to get sigs.I'm sure we'd get on peoples nerves quick and get the boot.
No problem Brandon,got a wife and kids myself.Your numbers are right.I think we at SSG will have to lead the way on this one.It's not only myself that has had bad experiences elsewhere.
So here we are.Don't send them to me.Send them to the addresses at the top of each.I get buried in petitions the postage would kill me.;)
On that note I was wondering since it will be just us,should we all set a submission date.Like three monthes from now?That way they'll get them all at once,instead of an ignorable trickle.
There are alot here that are still thinking about supporting this.I'd like to give them time.The more the merrier.Also if we do end up with the support of another fan site we'd need to try and coordinate with them.SS you could beat them to it!;)
This is for all of us.It's YOUR site that's going to lead the way.You set up a site that drawn the best of collectors,and you're partially responsible for this too .:)
LT thanks for the support,great to see you.Also Jason B mentioned the possibility of setting up a website for this thing.Any one else think this is a good idea?Or are we going to gain enough vocal support here to keep it here?
Input guys,input.I'm not smart enough to make this thing fly alone.And for the small number of people really involved,we'll get overwhelmed and discourged pretty quickly.You wouldn't believe how much time some of us are spending on this for ALL OF US!!please give us some input.
Jeez I feel like a politician.after all the talks I've given this week.
This is the last real push for me all.I really do believe we need to get it together and be heard,or we'll be looking for other things to collect before the end of next year.Lets prove that this is the best community and collector site.

DarthBrandon
06-07-2002, 08:32 PM
Dryanta,

Calm down, we'll get this done no problem. As for a date ( i.e. Three months) to send them or send them one by one. I say at least one month for everyone to get their stuff in order. It will not take three months, I hope not, that's way too long. After everyone has completed their mission, we should meet here on the forums and decide a date to send them all at once. So both Hasbro and GL get bomb barded with this message. The more we send the better. We should also make sure that there is no duplicate petitions sent. I'm already working on my petition. Got 75% left to do, then I'll be waiting for everyone else to complete the task. As for getting signatures, they don't have to be from Star Wars collectors in General. It could be just someone you know who wants to help out your cause. i.e. Family, Friends, Collectors, anyone you can get to sign the petition would be an asset to this task at hand.

Dryanta
06-07-2002, 09:40 PM
Thanks Brandon.You are right,I need to relax a bit.Got a Pm today from a supporter who has also been treated badly over this.Sad really sad.Got me a little wound up.Sorry Lt.I'm going down to TRU tomorrow and I'll see if I can put them up.You never know right?
I think A month would work.I'll look at a calender and come up with a date for us all to decide on.feel free to do the same.
I'm out until some time sunday afternoon.I just got back to posting again in all the threads I've started on other sites.
We'll see.
Have a great Saturday and I'll be back Sunday.Keep it alive.And we'll see if anyone else shows over the weekend.

DarthBrandon
06-07-2002, 09:50 PM
Cool Dryanta,

Catch ya L8R

DarthMaulSithLord
06-08-2002, 12:28 PM
So eh....where the heck do i sign?

:)

Jason B
06-08-2002, 07:42 PM
*bangs head on keyboard* :p

Dryanta
06-09-2002, 09:13 PM
Hello all,
Everybody hold up.Stop everything!!
No joke.I was contacted twice over the weekend by a collector who has done this same thing with another toy company in the past.His insight and advice is awesome.And I think we should take it.So hold tight.I need to bang somethings around and I'll be back in the AM.I mean it.we need to hold tight.
It will be worth it.On one last note on two different site we gained alot of support over the weekend.I will post a link inthe Am to a major complement that was paid to us ALL.
Good night all.And hold tight.

Dryanta
06-10-2002, 09:43 AM
http://www.thejawa.com/YaBBse/index.php?board=12;action=display;threadid=2610

Please everyone read the compliment paid to ALL of us in this thread.I posted a reply this maorning but I'm not sure if it showed up.
I will be back in abit to edit this post with more info.I wanted you all to read this.

Jason B
06-10-2002, 10:15 AM
Parse error: parse error in /home/sdp/sites/jawacom/www/YaBBse/Sources/Subs.php(387) : regexp code on line 1

Fatal error: Failed evaluating code: '[/code]'.doparsecodesmilies('Honestly, what is the point of this ridiculous campaign? You\\\'re berating Hasbro and George Lucas for putting out more product at less availability? You need to focus on your need to have a complete collection. So you can\\\'t have every figure or variation that is released. The only reason this would madden someone is if they were fanatical to have EVERYTHING released by Hasbro. And that devotion is just not a healthy one. I\\\'m not saying that at one point I wanted to have a complete collection, but you should take heed from George Lucas\\\' message of the Jedi. Don\\\'t become too attached to anything materialistic; it\\\'s not healthy. And Hasbro and Lucas have one aim--to make money. They know that fans are fanatical and want everything and do this to maintain interest in the line. If you couldn\\\'t tell, there is much AOTC merchandise sitting on shelves already. It is a marketing tool that always works because people want EVERYTHING. in /home/sdp/sites/jawacom/www/YaBBse/Sources/Subs.php on line

heh?

bigbarada
06-10-2002, 10:22 AM
I got the same thing.:confused:

JEDIpartner
06-10-2002, 11:16 AM
Oh, well... It looks like we're getting noticed anyhow!! :D

I printed them off and will send them tonight!

Jason B
06-10-2002, 03:37 PM
I've been looking at that. i dont know what to make of it. whenever there's an apostephoe, there's \\ before it. i dont get it. it's disguised as an error message. or something. :)

Dryanta
06-10-2002, 09:10 PM
Hello to all,
I said I'd edit my previous post but there have been enough replies that I didn't want this to get lost.
I am not comfortable with the possible "leadership" position I find myself with.I have been somewhat over loaded with info over the last 6 days.And YOU all and this movement deserve more than I can provide.We need a real comission of equals in voice and activity.
Now to the lessons I learned from another with experience in these matters.
I volunteered to write these petitions.I also came at it with a shotgun approach.The petitons try and cover to much at once.And they suffer from a lack of being precise.I have read alot of opinions and tried to combine most of them.Not all.A mistake.
The advice is this.Change tactics.Build a real concensus among collectors.Step back and approach it all from a "middleman" view point.Instead of a purely collector view point.
He also said if or when we get the support of someone who has the ability to help us,he may be too overwhelmed.Keep it simple.
So here is my proposal.We form a commission of collectors of all views and opinions.I will start a new thread.Drop the exclusive issue FOR NOW,and also the quality issue and push hard for the voice,with Hasbro.And I mean a real voice.Elected reps and all.That idea has not changed.Neither has anything else,but we need a foot in the door to be able make head way with the other stuff.
There is no concensus on the exclusive thing.I want them availible to every one every where.There alot of different ideas of how to do that.With a real voice we could then get a solutuion that will work for everyone.But we need that voice.
I hope I am making sense here.
Ignor the previous petitions.Don't send any.New ones need to be done.With the focus on the voice.We need it to deal with everything else.And no one can honstly say they don't want a say.
Jason B is looking into the possibilty of a web site for this.
I do not want this to die off.But on a personal note.I have restarted Physical therapy.And I'm not up to much right now.We need volunteers to go the other sites and get input.We need volunteers to gain support,and encourage input.We need alot of workers.Real workers who will step up and out.If we get enough it will be alot easier.I can't do it right now.I am sorry but I can't.I will do all I can,but I need alot of help to make this work.You all deserve better than I can do right now.And so does all the other collectors out there.Please step up.Lets form a formal commission and get to it.I would like a two week input period.Then based on what the comission learns we will be able to move once we have our voice.I hope to have new petitions by the weekend.If anybody else would like to write some as well,go for it.WE NEED INPUT!! Now what do you all want to do now?
Now the compliment that no one can read.We were called "the fans we all want to be,but just never bother."That was from a moderator at another site.
Well?

bigbarada
06-11-2002, 07:30 AM
I think the first issue we need to resolve is which complaint to bring to Hasbro first. For me, the Quality Control issue is a much bigger one than the Exclusive issue. So maybe we should make a list of all the complaints and basically vote on which one to approach first. Collectors seem pretty 50/50 about the exclusives issue, but I know that there are some complaints out there that most everyone can agree with.

InsaneJediGirl
06-11-2002, 06:09 PM
I agree with BigB on the Quality Control issue.I've seen more and more poorly painted figures.The exclusives are still an issue,but I think we need to start maybe in Quality Control.

Jason B
06-11-2002, 09:40 PM
wow, i couldnt find this thread, pretty badm huh? ...
ok, my uncle, (Dryanta, if you didnt know, ;)) asked me to put this in the thread. not sure what it means, maybe you know. :confused:

Please go to the petition thread and tell them I wanted to know from BigB and IJG if those posts are hands up to volunteer to be on a commision of 11.

well? :)

Dryanta
06-12-2002, 09:59 AM
Rainy day and I've got a few minutes.
One other bit of advice I recieved was to take just enough of a leadership role to keep things going.But to form a commission of collectoirs to get widely varied input and then meet and decide what to include,leave out and find a happy medium on.
The number of 11 is the number of poeple on the commision.

I will be one if everyone agrees.But if we were to get a commision to deal with Hasbro,I still excuse myself from that.
Now I would like to nominate Insane Jedi Girl,BigB,and brandon for the commission.I would also like to nominate Jar Jar and emporer Jargo.But I can't.If either is interested please make contact.Those two are about as varied from each other as you can get,and that is what we need.We need nominations and volunteers.
Once we reach our varied 11 we can then start a new thread seeking input.Then meet with each other and decipher what we have.The other sites will have to wait a bit.
We will all get a different site to go to and handle.I can't handle more than one.I've tried and can't do it.
O.K. is all in agreement?Those nominated by me do you accept?
Are there more nominations?I'm leaving for Jersey at the end of next week,and I would like to have new petition(s) posted here in Maine and post some in Jersey.I'll pick them up before I come home and then gather the rest.
The before posted link now works.Please read it.
Also,I would nominate Jason B,but he is a fan but not really a collector.So his input will be much better used helping me with the computer side of this.Honorable mention to him.Any and all questions about that aspect should be addressed to him.He also is also looking into the possibility of a seperate website we could link everyone to and also an online petition that can be signed on line.What do we have for Nominations,questions,and ideas?Do we have any who accept?Any ideas?

Dryanta
06-20-2002, 09:06 PM
Hey all,
I have a minute and wanted to touch base.
I will start a new thread about some changes to this movemant next Friday.Please be sure to read it.BB,Brandon,And IJG for sure.
IJG I'm sorry I've got you all confused,just hold off on everything for just another week.Then WE ALL will get this thing right.See you all in one week.Be sure to find the thread in the saga forums.Thanks all,this is going to be big for us all.

Nexu
09-25-2002, 12:13 AM
Anything new, or has everyone given up? :(