PDA

View Full Version : New Eminem Album -The Eminem Show

scruffziller
06-03-2002, 04:14 PM
It is a slammin' album, one of the best jams on the wax is "Drips".

scruffziller
06-03-2002, 04:27 PM
Actually "Without me" is the bigger hit on it.

QLD
06-03-2002, 08:46 PM
I honestly think I would rather jam a corkscrew into my **, and turn it until it pulled all of my skin off.....than buy this cd.

It could just be me though.

JetsAndHeels
06-03-2002, 09:01 PM
Ouch, QLD. Even if I hated the album, I think I would buy it, than do what you suggested...
Now I have to get that image and painful sensation out of my system.

bigbarada
06-04-2002, 04:57 AM
I see Eminem as only slightly less talented than a rabid monkey with a lung infection and a kazoo.

And I would rather listen to live chihuahuas being ground up in a garbage disposal than one of his CDs.

Starfig873
06-04-2002, 07:29 AM
Well that takes care of that then, doesn't it? :p

187-Maul
06-04-2002, 09:47 AM
I've got the album and it's awesome
I prefer "halies song" and cleanig out the closet"
without me is a bit too comical/unserious
you listen to more hiphop scruffziller?

2-1B
06-04-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
I honestly think I would rather jam a corkscrew into my **, and turn it until it pulled all of my skin off.....than buy this cd.
It could just be me though.

Originally posted by Starfig873
Well that takes care of that then, doesn't it?

Yeah, I'd say that covers it! :D

Jonna
06-04-2002, 12:38 PM
Don't hate him....don't love him....just don't care. He is simply more of the popular mainstream music that I think is not worth the effort.

scruffziller
06-04-2002, 02:41 PM
Hip Hop is what I primarily listen to and the humor in hip hop is what inspired me to listen to it, so Without Me is the perfect song for me to listen to OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

Jedi Clint
06-05-2002, 12:53 AM
Eminem....Hmmmmmm

He stole his stage name from colorful candy coated chocolates. He has about as much musical talent and intelligence as one as well.

2-1B
06-05-2002, 04:48 AM
Well, to be technical he stole his name from his initials, M.M. (Marshall Mathers) while the candy is actually M & M . . . but not that . . . I follow . . . his career or anything . . . :sur:

I can't believe the autocensor didn't blast QLD's post initially! :D

hango fett
06-05-2002, 06:57 AM
critisize is all you guys know how to do? give me a break! just because you don't like it doesn't mea tohers don't too. i like eminem. i have liked him since the first cd he made. gotta problem w/ that? it's not my problem, it's yours. (not to offende anyone, but i'm just sticking up for what i belive in.)

bigbarada
06-05-2002, 08:26 AM
Hey, I really like a lot of Johnny Cash's music; but I know that if I started a thread dedicated to his new album I would recieve the same kinds of comments from country music haters. Soooo, I save everyone the heartache and just don't mention it. :)

I don't see how you can really take personal offense to insults made to a music "artist" that you don't know and who really doesn't care two wits about you, except for the $16.99 you spend on his CDs. Go ahead and rip on Johnny Cash all day long, it makes no difference to me. I'm not emotionally invested in him as a person, I just like a lot of his songs.

Forhekset
06-05-2002, 08:40 AM
Well hango, you have the right to like Eminem and listen to rap, and I have the right to say rap sucks and Eminem sucks too. Just differing opinions. :)

Hey, I like Johnny Cash too bigB.

Jonna
06-05-2002, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint
Eminem....Hmmmmmm

He stole his stage name from colorful candy coated chocolates. He has about as much musical talent and intelligence as one as well.

HEY!!! Don't go knocking M & Ms!:crazed:

QLD
06-05-2002, 12:57 PM
I'm sorry....I didn't realize that was that naughty of a word. But I still stand by that statement. I am happy you like him. Please, by his doll, go see his movie, and support him however you wish. But I still think he sucks, that he has no talent, and I would rather jam an icepick under my toenails and flip them off than buy his cd. But if it brings you joy, then joy to the world I say.

BB's statement was very accurate.

2-1B
06-05-2002, 02:07 PM
Did you see those action figures? I saw one where he is running around "screamin' Mace" style with a chainsaw and hockey mask. :rolleyes:

hango fett, do you believe in misogyny and gay bashing? :confused:

:D

Jonna
06-05-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Did you see those action figures? I saw one where he is running around "screamin' Mace" style with a chainsaw and hockey mask. :rolleyes:

hango fett, do you believe in misogyny and gay bashing? :confused:

:D

Sorry, but I'm lost. Can you please direct me to What the **** you are talking about!??!?!?!!?:eek:

scruffziller
06-05-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
critisize is all you guys know how to do? give me a break! just because you don't like it doesn't mea tohers don't too. i like eminem. i have liked him since the first cd he made. gotta problem w/ that? it's not my problem, it's yours. (not to offende anyone, but i'm just sticking up for what i belive in.)
AMEN HANGO!!!! SAME HERE HEY AHNGO DO TOU HAVE THE D12 Devil's night, I HAVE TO SAY THAT ALBUM IS probably one of his best.

bigbarada
06-05-2002, 02:46 PM
I think Caesar was talking about the **cringe** Eminem action figures that came out not too long ago, Jonna.

(Edit: removed my comments which were meant as a joke but could be seen as insulting. Don't really want to start a flame war here.)

QLD
06-05-2002, 03:07 PM
The mysogony and gay bashing are references to the lyrics in Eminems songs.

And I have seen those figures, unfortunately.

2-1B
06-05-2002, 03:12 PM
Jonna, I direct you to the preceding posts by bigB and QLD. :D

Following B's lead, I'll clarify that my question to hango was just me being silly, I'm not looking to argue the "merits" of Em's work . . . wouldn't waste my time! :crazed:

QLD
06-05-2002, 03:27 PM
Yeah, and what a big waste of time it would be too

JediTricks
06-05-2002, 11:28 PM
Johnny Cash is cool and goes beyond the classic style of "Country Western", I bet he'd get a better response than Eminem here. I don't think it's all about complainers who don't like a specific style of music, the guy comes off with such a specific attitude which leaves many with a bad opinion of him and his music. I think with Eminem, it's more about personal taste than anything else.