PDA

View Full Version : Circle of Jedi Healers

InsaneJediGirl
06-03-2002, 04:27 PM
I was reading the AOTC scrapbook today,and saw that under the blur of Adi Gallias cousin(Cant think of the name right now),she was a part of the Circle of Jedi Healers.Anyone else know more about this?Its obviously a sub-group in the Order,is there any mention of it in the books?

saladin
06-03-2002, 05:46 PM
well i was reading Outlander, a graphic-novel of ki-adi-mundi and he healed a broken arm, not all the way but good enough to use it some. Maybe these healers can do it better and further heal people.

Lman316
06-03-2002, 10:16 PM
To answer your question, IJG, I don't really know.
The first I ever heard of Jedi Healers was in the book, "The Approaching Storm." And in it, Luminara's padawan, Barriss Offee is a Healer.
That's all I know.

End :).

InsaneJediGirl
06-04-2002, 08:44 AM
Alright,Thanks LMan and saladin!I'll have to read Approaching Storm,even if it doesnt mention anything about the Circle.It could,give more insight to the entire thing though :D

2-1B
06-04-2002, 11:52 AM
Yep, Barriss is a healer, she uses it to our heroes' advantage in Approaching Storm. :) I believe Adi's cousin is named Stass Allie.

InsaneJediGirl
06-04-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Yep, Barriss is a healer, she uses it to our heroes' advantage in Approaching Storm. :) I believe Adi's cousin is named Stass Allie.

Yes,Stass Allie is it!Maybe the Starwars Databank will have something on it..:rolleyes:

chris
06-05-2002, 11:01 AM
I guess healing is a force power that certain jedi focus their studies on. That makes sense to me, but i'm not sure.

InsaneJediGirl
08-04-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by chris
I guess healing is a force power that certain jedi focus their studies on. That makes sense to me, but i'm not sure.

Yes,It is.

Okay..Time to drag this back up.I've been searching,still no luck.Maybe T'Bones Universe will have an answer??

Pendo
08-04-2002, 02:46 PM
I don't think T'Bones is no more :cry:

- DAMN, double negative :mad:!! Erm... you know what I mean!

PENDO!

LTBasker
08-04-2002, 05:02 PM
According to what I've read, Jedi Healers are just Jedi who are strong in healing one's woungs using the force. I'd guess the stronger they are then the more effective it is. Considering the force is in all living things (according to Yoda in ESB), so it would be like an internal bacta I think, just the Jedi Healers would be able to harness it on one specific wound.

I've seen a Jedi Healer mentioned in another book which was a Young Jedi Knight book regarding this one female Jedi who was a friend of Luke's. I think they gave more of a description of the Jedi healing but I can't remember if they did and what book it was.

DarthSetnom
08-04-2002, 05:28 PM
Maybe they don't really heal your wound but sort of hypnotize you so that you can keep o doing your stuff at least until it your help is no longer needed.

You know, sort of "Force pain-killers"...

InsaneJediGirl
08-04-2002, 07:18 PM
LT&Others,I know what Jedi Healers do,I was more interested in learning about the group and who was on it besides Stass Allie.

P.S.-LT,the Jedi Healer friend of Lukes is Cigihal(sp?)

LTBasker
08-05-2002, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
LT&Others,I know what Jedi Healers do,I was more interested in learning about the group and who was on it besides Stass Allie.

P.S.-LT,the Jedi Healer friend of Lukes is Cigihal(sp?)

Thanks. :D

I thought you were asking for the other type of info. If I knew I'd tell ya but like alot of things are done, maybe something will come out later that will elaborate on it. Or you could try asking the Q&A thing at StarWars.com. Usually they pull the answer outta thin air, but you may be able to get something helpful. Knowing them though they'll probably just list a few Jedi off the top of their heads. :rolleyes:

I'm sure Yoda or Mace are in the group, with Yoda being so strong in the force I'm sure he would be able to force heal, although he didn't seem to care about Obi-Wan's wounds..

Geonosian
08-05-2002, 08:12 AM
Intresting...was Coleman Trebor a hearler?

InsaneJediGirl
08-05-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Geonosian
Intresting...was Coleman Trebor a hearler?

I dont know,but I think it would be cool if he was!:D

I have asked Q&A at SW.com three times,I think they are getting annoyed at me:)Since most popular questions are answered(normally) why not submit more than once?

DarthBatman
08-08-2002, 12:45 AM
Luke's fellow Jedi Cilghal, a Mon Calamarian, is pretty good with Force healing type stuff.