PDA

View Full Version : hello help me with some information

BillyJAck
06-03-2002, 06:16 PM
This should go in the POTJ room prob but i've got a saga question too. Now at my local walmart the lady that works early in the morning can look up stuff in the computer and order a certain case if i ask her. But I don't know jack about the assortments , all the numbers and stuff and etc to tell her. I want to tell her to order more POTJ figures. Whats all the info for the BoShek wave , and other potj waves and whose in them? Also what about the orn free wave and the new bespin wave? thanks for any help

billyjack

Mandalorian Candidat
06-03-2002, 06:21 PM
I don't believe any retailer can specifically order a wave, just a line (like POTJ or Saga) and/or collection type (C1, C2) within a line. Plus, stores like WM get stuff from a central warehouse. I think they can order stuff from a warehouse, but again, it's by line and collection, not by wave or figure.

PM Dar'Argol. He works at WM and probably knows better than most how the retail end works.

BillyJAck
06-03-2002, 06:31 PM
Answer me this.

is the the wave of figures that contain

Asst#848510019

Jango Final Battle
VAder bespin
Luke Bespin
Mace Rescue

Asst# 84861001a Palpatine/djus phur wave

and

Asst#84861001a Orn free

what collection wave and ratio are all of these. She said she can order the right cases if i got all the info . She's the store manager. I praying these three assorments will flood the shelves.

she's got to have them in the pc somehow. help me out here

billy

Mandalorian Candidat
06-03-2002, 06:36 PM
Again, I would PM Dar'Argol since he works at WM and knows how it happens.

Dar' Argol
06-05-2002, 04:53 PM
BillyJAck, I have good news and bad news. First the good news:

I got the WM item # for all the figs you wanted plus some you didn't list except the Orn Free Taa wave. Here they are:

Jango Pilot - 739577
Destroyer Droid - 739585
Clone Trooper(white??) - 739592
Ki Adi Mundi - 739657
Final Battle Jango - 782550
Geo Mace - 782558
Bespin Vader - 782566
Palpatine - 782627
Djas Puhr - 782634
Endor Han - 785932
Chewie - 785940
Bespin Luke - 785948

Now the bad news:(. They cannot be ordered. They are concidered Non-replenishable in our system. Which means that we have no control over what gets sent in on those types of items. I even tried to place an order for it just to double check myself. If an item is WH (warehouse) or AD/AS/AM (assembly) we can order them. If they are GO (General Order) that is done at Home Office and we cannot stop it or order it. Sorry man:(.

If you doubt me, please check it with the store manager you know. Give her these #'s and she will confirm what I have stated. Sorry again:(

BillyJAck
06-05-2002, 04:59 PM
HI,

thanks for the info, I think she's just going to see if she can get it from the main distri. center. Not GO. She said she had done something similiar in the pass ordering from the warehouse. Its a shame if this can't work out becuz we have like 400 OLP anakins, padme's , c3p0, and battle droid and all pegwarming jedis. and that pretty much it. I pray. So you can order something if its in the warehouse?? LMK

billy

Dar' Argol
06-05-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by BillyJAck
HI,

thanks for the info, I think she's just going to see if she can get it from the main distri. center. Not GO. She said she had done something similiar in the pass ordering from the warehouse. Its a shame if this can't work out becuz we have like 400 OLP anakins, padme's , c3p0, and battle droid and all pegwarming jedis. and that pretty much it. I pray. So you can order something if its in the warehouse?? LMK

billy

The problem is that the warehouse does not stock these. It come direct from Hasbro to our Warehouse the night b/4 its shipped to the store. So if she calls and they are there, they were comming to the store on that nights truck anyway.

The only other thing I can think to do is have her contact the Toy Buyer directly. Most times though this gets you nothing but a headache!

Also, I forgot to post this. If when she checks the item #'s and there is an On Hand(meaning it says there is some in the store) do not get excited. The are 99% not there. The on hand count is cross referanced with another assortment, so it would show an on hand. But not the figs you are looking for.

BillyJAck
06-05-2002, 05:09 PM
whew all this just gives me a headache..I think I'm absolutely done with going to stores. I think i'll just order through yestertoys and kebco. lol no more stores for me. Its a waste of time even if it does take away some of the fun...sigh

billy

Dar' Argol
06-05-2002, 05:15 PM
Don't give up so easy! The thrill of the hunt is always better then a point and click.

I have been waiting for these figs too, and I will continue to wait cause I know I can't get them anywhere else cheeper. I believe that they are waiting till the price drop take effect in most stores and they clear out some of the peg warmers. The new waves should be showing up soon. And if you go and spend $ on shipping and higher prices, and then find the figs in abundance at your WM, your gonna kick yourself in the butt!! I know I would:D

BillyJAck
06-05-2002, 05:27 PM
your right thrill of the hunt is much better. when i found a dooku the other day at a k mart you couldn't wipe the grin off my face. I was secretly going "yeeeeeeeeessssss" lol. But i don't buy all the new figures. only ones i like. The only new figure i think I've bought online is Djas Puhr from yestertoys so i could get one step futher completing my loose ANH collection. I now only need Wuher(which is so darn expensive), Aunt Beru, Boshek, and R4-M9 and i'm done. Unfortunately this never came to my wal mart. I want to get a 12inch Dooku and 12 inch Ultimage Jango, Chancellor Palpatine, Chewie, and maybe Han, never seen luke bespin. But thats it till better figures start coming out.

thanks for the time and effort i'm glad to see people will help people out on this board. it rules ! :P

billy

Dar' Argol
06-05-2002, 05:32 PM
Hey, no prob BillyJAck. As a collector and WM employee, I am always willing to help:D. If its finding out info on case assortments of reasons why WM does the stupid crap it does, it matters not. I am here to help.

And offer the occasional smart arse remark:evil: :D