PDA

View Full Version : What Jedi deserve screen deaths?

Runobot
05-30-2002, 07:13 AM
I just would love to see Anakin fight all the jedi and destroy them personally in a huge lightsaber fight!! Him versus the entire council! Maybe he could have Sideous on his side too to make things a little more even. The battle royal of the century!!!

That would be great. Too bad Luicas will probably only have him fight (and loose to) Obi-wan. My greatest fear is that we some stupid *** battledroids will wind up killing the Jedi simply by overwhelming them. I think they need to go down swinging sabers against the Sith!!!

Please GL, please!

Eternal Padawan
05-30-2002, 07:38 AM
Killing ALL the Jedi would be time-consuming, repetitive, and boring. You've only got a couple hours of film in the third movie, who wants to waste all of it on lightsaber duel after lightsaber duel?

I think you'll see a few key Council Members buy it from Vader's superior skills. But it will be implied off screen that the others are gone.

Dryanta
05-30-2002, 08:19 AM
I would have to agree with Ep.I fight that size would end up looking way to choregraphed.Too many Jedi standing around waiting for their turn.
I'd like it kinda of a "secret" that "someone" is killing them all.And beside the final duel with Obi Wan just a couple Jedi being shown being killed.Plo Koon? and maybe another counsel memeber who was in EP 1 that made it though Ep 2.
I would also perfer that yoda take Dooku out.
There is still a pretty good chunk of story to tell,Not alot of time for one big fight after another.Just my thoughts on it

Runobot
05-30-2002, 09:23 AM
No, I mean have it all go down in one giant fight at the end. I would assume that he would kill a big chunk of them using some force skill or another (e.g. dropping the roof on them) then slicing up the remaining 4 or 5.

Eternal Padawan
05-30-2002, 09:30 AM
Dryanta has a good point about that many duelers would end up looking choreographed. Like those big fist fights in westerns where the hero punches one guy at a time and all the thugs are standing around waiting to take their lumps. But having Ki-Adi-Mundi, Plo Koon, and Saese Tiin throw down with Vader would make for a few rousing minutes of lightsaber dueling and also show that Vader is the man.

I want to see Plo Koon push the buttons on Vaders chest and then have Vader use the force to give Koon a massive heart attack so he instantly crumples to the floor. Don't mess with the man's buttons. :evil:

BobaFett
06-03-2002, 05:27 PM
I know Dooku and Mace deserve to die on screen. But who else do you think deserves to have an on-screen death. I think:

Ki Adi Amundi
Plo Koon
Sasee Tin
Kit Fisto

I think these Jedi are especially cool and deserve a good death.

saladin
06-03-2002, 05:56 PM
oppo rancis needs to do something, luminara,her aprentice and shak ti needs a good death to.

Chewtobacco
06-03-2002, 10:22 PM
What's a "good death" to you? A light saber battle? That's about as good as GL ever gets. IT's PG, but I wish he'd consider making a PG-13 version with a little more gore. :)

metaljedi
06-03-2002, 11:21 PM
I think that Luminara Unduli, Bariss Offe, Shakk Ti and Kit Fisto should all get good parts in the movie.

DarthBrandon
06-03-2002, 11:31 PM
These guys and gals should get some good death.

Ki Adi Amundi
Mace Windu
Count Dooku
Plo Koon
Sasee Tin
Kit Fisto
Shakk Ti

Jedi Clint
06-04-2002, 12:26 AM
Since were talking Jedi.....Anakin. I don't care if I see any of the rest of them killed on screen.

BillyJAck
06-04-2002, 04:57 AM
I was watching A Better Tomorrow 2 (which i love) which was directed by John Woo. Now if you remember the last big segment of the film the four heros march inside the big boss mansion and have the greatest gun battle ever with tons of carnage. ITs PURE BLISS for a shootout fan. Now here's what i was thinking or wouldn't it be cool or funny. If.....after Anakin becomes Lord Vader and joins Sidious. They decide to reveal the sith and walk to the Jedi temple. Just Vader and Sidious. Both using their powers. They enter the temple and go through the whole place Sidious using lightning and throwing people out of windows and anything else i can't think of and vader killing everyone with a saber and lightning. Like 30 or 40 jedis and people in the temple would die in a matter of 10-15 minutes. Walking through the whole temple all the way to the top till they make it to the council room revealing themselves then a small battle occurs and it crazy. This would kick butt so bad. I love thinking this all out visually. its great. Then Vader hunts down the rest of the Jedi with paid bounty hunters and troopers killing them all. o yeahhhhhhhhh

BillyJAcK

chris
06-04-2002, 01:02 PM
I don't think we'll see too many die on screen, just have it implied that they have, or will die. But I say Mace,Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, Luminaria, and Ki all "deserve" to have an on screen death. I would also like to see Oppo Rancisis, the duck Jedi, and Bariss Offe in action.

leenovak
06-04-2002, 02:58 PM
Why is everyone so fixated on Luminara? Wasn't she on-screen for only about .0002 of a second anyway? Ki, Mace, Kit, Plo....those are the main ones.

A'Sharad Hett
06-04-2002, 06:08 PM
I would like to see Ki, he's the only other Jed thats gotten to talk!! Plus, Kit had ALOT of screen time compared to any other Jedi, maybe they were trying to get us familiar with him or something. By having Ki speak in both movies and seeing alot of Kit we would naturally be more upset when they met their inevitable ends, we're just most familiar with those guys. And Plo is just cool!!

MikeAndTheBots
06-04-2002, 07:56 PM
Here's what Lucas can do: A few major ones die onscreen (Mace, Dooku, Plo, maybe Ki) but on the DVD you see a ton of others killed onscreen. So he can have it PG in theaters but still make the fans happy.

Jedikmg
06-04-2002, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by BillyJAck
I was watching A Better Tomorrow 2 (which i love) which was directed by John Woo. Now if you remember the last big segment of the film the four heros march inside the big boss mansion and have the greatest gun battle ever with tons of carnage. ITs PURE BLISS for a shootout fan. Now here's what i was thinking or wouldn't it be cool or funny. If.....after Anakin becomes Lord Vader and joins Sidious. They decide to reveal the sith and walk to the Jedi temple. Just Vader and Sidious. Both using their powers. They enter the temple and go through the whole place Sidious using lightning and throwing people out of windows and anything else i can't think of and vader killing everyone with a saber and lightning. Like 30 or 40 jedis and people in the temple would die in a matter of 10-15 minutes. Walking through the whole temple all the way to the top till they make it to the council room revealing themselves then a small battle occurs and it crazy. This would kick butt so bad. I love thinking this all out visually. its great. Then Vader hunts down the rest of the Jedi with paid bounty hunters and troopers killing them all. o yeahhhhhhhhh

BillyJAcK

While that maybe cool. I don't think that Vader/Palp could just walk into the jedi temple by themselves and kill 40 jedi at once. Expecially the Jedi Council. I think just yoda/mace could handle them.

SithDroid
06-05-2002, 12:34 AM
I think the main ones should be

Ki Adi Mundi
Mace WIndu
Plo Koon

odi-wan windu
06-05-2002, 04:29 PM
they said episode 3 would be "darker". So it's possible, however unlikely, that it could be rated pg-13 for the jedi death scenes.

Jedi Clint
06-05-2002, 06:31 PM
If there are any that even die during that point in the SW saga time line. I think the whole "Jedi have to die on screen" screen thing is out of hand. None of them really do. The extermination of the Jedi can occur between 3 and 4.

MikeAndTheBots
06-05-2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint
If there are any that even die during that point in the SW saga time line. I think the whole "Jedi have to die on screen" screen thing is out of hand. None of them really do. The extermination of the Jedi can occur between 3 and 4.
Not all of them have to die in 3 but it would make sense if the downfall of the republic went hand in hand with the downfall of the council (IE the major players dying, Plo, Mace, Ki), and Dooku has to die so Vader can take his place as Palpy's right hand man.

Jedi Clint
06-05-2002, 08:49 PM
I guess I didn't "count" Dooku because he is a Sith ;). You have a good point, M&TBs. It is possible that we may see a few of them die, but I don't care whether we do or do not.

BillyJAck
06-09-2002, 07:31 PM
double plo, ki, and mace are the only ones we really need to see die ON SCREEN

billy

DarthBrandon
06-09-2002, 07:59 PM

BillyJAcK

1st Time this was said

billyjack [/B][/QUOTE]

Okay for you John Woo fans and People that have seen A Better Tomorrow 2 . At the end of that movie all the "heros" storm the big boss house outnumbered 250 to 4. So lets say now anakin is vader/ or turned to the ds. Lets say Sidious and Vader now are prepared to reaveal themselves to the Jedi and kill them. So Sidious and Vader enter the temple (just the two of them) and start slaughtering everyone they come across. Vader with his saber and force abilities, And Sidious with force lightning and whatever else he can do. This scene takes like 20 minutes or so. They kill tons of Jedi and make there way to the top to the council room..would be cool scene

billyjack

2nd Time you said this, your kinda repeating yourself, you must need posts or something, cause you even started your own thread using this as well.

P.S. nothing against this, but it's getting kinda repetative.

DeadEye
06-09-2002, 09:52 PM
Billyjack, I agree. ABT2 had one of the best end battles ever. Woo's other two greatest films also had great climaxes:

-Hard-Boiled, which had the last 30 minutes in the cool hospital scene...

-And The Killer, the most bullet-riddled film in history.

BillyJAck
06-09-2002, 10:03 PM
excuse me but i posted this onenight and it was gone and i had no idea where it went. I thought maybe i didn't really post it. But then i post this time for sure. and JediClint had moved it both times. sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy gawd

billy

ps I don't need posts thats the stupidest thing i ever heard. who wants to build their POSTs number.....good god

DarthBrandon
06-10-2002, 12:13 AM
excuse me but i posted this onenight and it was gone and i had no idea where it went. I thought maybe i didn't really post it. But then i post this time for sure. and JediClint had moved it both times. sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy gawd

billy

ps I don't need posts thats the stupidest thing i ever heard. who wants to build their POSTs number.....good god

I was teasing you BJ, take a joke brother, don't take anything too serious cause I don't.

BillyJAck
06-10-2002, 12:17 AM
o its all good then...I'm quick on the defense because on some music forums i'm on they get a little ruff over there to the point of whats your address i'm coming to fight you and such. lol. They always get my address and a yahoo map link to the place. lol Its soft little snuggly bunny crap here. You have to be all nice to people. But at these music forums anything goes. So i was just use to being over there alot. I can take a joke. ha ha. see. lol no hard feeling brandon

BillyJAcK

DarthBrandon
06-10-2002, 12:28 AM
I hear ya, some of those chat forums can get pretty ugly with name calling with threats and what not. This is a pretty calm and cool place to discuss Star Wars related things and every once and while we like to do some teasing to each other, but it's all in good fun. LOL LOL Take care and I'll see ya on the forums BJ.

bigbarada
06-10-2002, 12:36 PM
Which members of the Jedi Council died in Ep2. I thought for sure that Shaak Ti died in the Gunship that went down and we all saw Coleman Trebor go down. On top of that, at the end of AOTC you see Yoda, Mace and Obi-Wan in the Jedi Council Chambers with no chairs except for Yoda's! This leads me to believe that a majority of the Jedi Council bought it on Geonosis.

However, I would like to see Ki-Adi, Mace and Plo get onscreen deaths in Ep3.

metaljedi
06-12-2002, 11:38 PM
Im pretty sure there were no BIG NAME Jedis who died.