PDA

View Full Version : Ontario Just Found...

Count Dooku
06-03-2002, 07:27 PM
Niagara Region

TRU (St. Cath.)- 1-2 Yodas, 1-2 Dookus, 1-2 Hanger Duels, a few Shaak Tiis, Luminaras, Taun We, only 1 Royal Guard, tons of other figures

All Zellers- nothing exciting but male Jedi knights which seem to be a dime a dozen, except Niag. Falls had 6 Jangos for some reason

Wal Mart (Welland Ave. St. Cath.)- lots of Taun We, few Royal Guards, 1 Luminara, lots of others, no Yoda, great selection however overall, lots of clone troopers as well

Sears (Pen)- 5 Bobas, haven't seen them anywhere but here, 1 Jango, R2's, Tuskan, Shaak Ti, and the usual Peg Warmers like Battle Droid and 3PO

Overall, Yoda seems to be the most elusive, I was lucky enough to snag one at Seaway mall Wal Mart but it was the last one. What have you guys found?

Also, when is the new wave coming out? Will this be a limited wave, or a plentiful one? Anybody...

Sir FanBoy
06-03-2002, 09:41 PM
The new wave hopefully will hit stores on June7th and they consist the following (from what i was told) :

Jango Fett (Final Battle)
Mace Windu (Genosian Rescue)
Bespin Luke
Bespin Vadar

As for Chewie, Han and the rest of the gang they will all be out by June 20th.

FETT
06-04-2002, 02:08 AM
the final battle jango hasn't come out yet??i thought it came out with the first wave?.......anya have any luck with the sneak preview jango fett??can't seem to find that anywhere..thx..

Sir FanBoy
06-04-2002, 08:57 AM
Fett,

The Final Battle Jango has not come out yet and concerning your the sneak preview Jango is limited so basically if you dont see it in stores chances are you wont see them anymore.

I had the chance to pick it up but i gave up on it. :(

Count Dooku
06-07-2002, 04:47 PM
NOTHING!!!

Just took a trip to TRU and Wal-Mart, you know for the "June 7th" wave, and there was nothing whatsoever. The Wal-Mart has next to no stock at all, TRU was loaded with the usual p-warmers. No Dookus, Yodas, Anakin HD, Royal Guard, Boba or Jango, everyone else in stock and in mass quantities. Looks like nothing new until at least next week. Kind of sucks when the U.S. are already getting Han and Chewie, and we yet have to see a freakin' Endor Rebel Soldier.

Sir FanBoy
06-07-2002, 09:29 PM
I know same with me i checked at locals stores nothing dammit.

now im ****ed at Hasbro Canada. :frus:

ChronicJedi
06-08-2002, 04:09 AM
You guys hear June 7th and rush out the same day? Chances are if they even made it to retailers yesterday, they're still either;

a) On the truck.
b) In the back room.
c) Out the back door.

I say they'll be trickling into stores (that require replenishment) within the next 10 days to 2 weeks. The only way to be sure is to check every day, multiple times (early morning and sometimes late afternoon are your best bet). That is the way to truly "hunt".

In my experience there's such a thing as luck. I go once a week during the off time (just after a new wave up to 2-3 weeks etc.) Around a month or so after the waves hit the US they hit here, that's when I step up my store hopping to several times a week. It worked for me during POTJ and so far it's working for this line too. It helps if you know someone too. ;)

FETT
06-08-2002, 05:32 PM
actually in my previous experiences with TRU you can call them the day they get new shipments and just ask them to hold it for you and then you just go there and get it..not sure if this method holds true for walmart.....somehow i doubt it, but that's much easier than going on a wild goose chase in the hope that you'll find something...

yah, waiting about 2-3 weeks after stuff is released in the states also works, but then again you're just relying on luck..once again, just goto a local comic book store......they put stuff on the shelves the second they get them and you don't have to worry about all thay mumbo jumbo...

Count Dooku
06-12-2002, 04:41 PM
I heard @ snowtroopers that the Orn Free Taa wave was just found at the Upper James Wal-Mart in Hamilton. They must be so close to being out everywhere, this is good news...

haggis
06-12-2002, 07:21 PM
It's true. I went up there this afternoon and picked up Endor Soldier, Orn Fre Ta, Qui Gon, and Massif. There weren't many left when I was there(2pm) and I got the last Massif. Keep an eye out at your local Walmart. Happy hunting! $7.87 price rollback too!

BobaFett
06-12-2002, 08:58 PM
Hey Haggis haven't heard from you in a while. They must have restocked agian. There were around 2-3 Massifs, 2 Orns, 4 Rebel soldier, 3 Qui Gonn's, 4 Dookus.

haggis
06-12-2002, 10:37 PM
Hiya. That's good news. Go get 'em if you still need 'em. Can't wait for the next bunch...

BobaFett
06-13-2002, 04:06 PM
Hey Haggis all I really want now are:

Yoda - I am dying for this figure
HD Anakin - Really want one
Boba Fett - Saw him once I regret not buying it.

Thanks.

If anyone else that lives near me can help me, it would be greatly appreaciated.

Count Dooku
06-13-2002, 05:52 PM
I'm still looking for Taa!!! Not yet in my area. Should be soon though, mabudon, you seen anything brah???

ChronicJedi
06-13-2002, 08:21 PM
Did you find the other 3 and just not Taa? I haven't found anything yet, course I haven't looked either. :D

Perhaps tomorrow...

mabudonicus
06-18-2002, 11:52 AM
I'm going to TRU in St cath today, on a quest for Caesar. I'll report back in a few hours.Dooku- Sorry I haven't kept up the posts latley, I've been having a HELL of a time with someone sending me the Klez worm every damn day. It's making the rounds again, watch out!!

Count Dooku
06-18-2002, 10:21 PM
No problem mabudon, I made the rounds on Monday and found nothing new. Let me know if you have any luck. All these waves around the province, something has to turn up soon...

mabudonicus
06-19-2002, 09:55 AM
Nothing at TRU!! The OP anakin and Obiwan are everywhere, but the Hangar ani and Dooku wave are GONE, picked clean. I'm gonna hit the WM west to check out the scene there today.

Count Dooku
06-19-2002, 05:30 PM
Apparently the Han wave was found today in Ottawa. Anybody else seen this? The newest figure I have seen has been Jar Jar, how sad.

wickett
06-20-2002, 03:19 PM
Yes I saw in Ottawa at WM here Han Endor. However, he was with the Bespin stuff...Vader, Luke and Chewie. No Endor Soldier, Massif, or Orn. From EP1 there was Jango final battle, Obi pilot, and Mace (the wierd painful gas face mold).

I don't suppose Hasbro uses the same case assortments as the US? No, that'd be too convenient, and convenience isn't Hasbro Canada's strength.

Count Dooku
06-20-2002, 06:58 PM
Anybody seen anything new in Niagara Region. mabudon I know you haven't, and niether have I. GTA, NB, even Burlington/Erin Mills seem to have something new, nothing around here. Some people are waiting for Han wave, we seem to be waiting for anything new!

FETT
06-20-2002, 07:26 PM
hey ppz...just went to zellers and that's it.....it doesn't matter what kind of reputation a store has...good or bad, this process of where to find figures is all a luck of the draw..that's the bottom line......that being said, this zellers had every figure except the bespin wave and the r2....yup even that lil green fellow was found....3 actually..^^.....i snagged<literally> myself a taun we, boba fett kamino, another clone trooper and a royal imperial guard..........i know it's immorally incorrect to be stealing, but damn at least no one gets hurt..and the sooner these figures disappear, the sooner they ship out for new ones =)......plus i did buy two of the figures, so im not al bad..lol...if you wanna knowo about my bundying tactics just let me know..lol gasp..all i did was put them in my bag when no one was watching.haha.....yah..that's it..lol....-_-..

Count Dooku
06-20-2002, 07:43 PM
You are pathetic.

FETT
06-20-2002, 08:31 PM
no need to flame dooku....whatever works...not like half the people here haven't done that kind of thing b4 or have thought about it.....

BobaFett
06-20-2002, 08:33 PM
WTF?!? You stole these figures doesn't Zellers have security systems for that sorta thing?

FETT
06-20-2002, 08:36 PM
lol....damn this isn't a big deal....most of the figures don't have that sticker thing on them and if they do you can just rip it off...the people there don't care just to let you know..i've had people work for zellers b4 and you can steal stuff right in front of their faces...so CHILL ppz..i'm not satan..lol

The Overlord Returns
06-21-2002, 01:32 AM
Hmmm...... this whole stealing debate aside.......

I just want to point out how incredible my girlfriend is.

The other day...she scoured the entire city (toronto) looking for a yoda for me. She found one. I couldn't believe it....

To say I was blown away would be an understatement....

on top of that....found a Dooku in a toy shop on avenue rd......

everything is indeed coming up millhouse!

Count Dooku
06-21-2002, 01:40 AM
Overlord, that's awesome! With the first wave drying up so quick I'm surprised she found one. Anything new in the GTA???

FETT
06-21-2002, 02:12 AM
ok....i've been painted as the bad guy here and maybe i should have just shut up in the first place..all good.......let's just forget about that ok??..as for new stuff around hte GTA....just what pppz have been mentioning all along...and there are 3 yodas at the lawrence square zellers along with 2 dookus and a ton of clone troopers.....

wickett
06-21-2002, 08:14 AM
Sorry I just read this now, don't mean to drag it out BUT, you ARE hurting people, all of us. Theft is a large reason that stores charge more for product.

You've just made us all pay a bit more.

greedo
06-21-2002, 09:35 AM
First I'm surprised that you think that most of us have stolen or thought of it...wrong. I was raised not to steal, if you can't afford it, you don't get it.

It is a big deal, theft of a toy, and theft of anything else is still theft. When my car was stolen, and it had some just purchased star wars figs in it, it wasn't funny, when my house was broken into and my music collection stollen and very personal, non-replacable things were stolen, it isn't funny either, or ok.

I'm very surprised you come on here bragging about it and ending each sentence with a lol, like it is a joke, it isn't, how old are you? Then you have the nerve to say that your being painted as the bad guy, you are the bad guy....is there no morals anymore.

One day you will understand when something of importance is stolen from you...then you will understand. Or, when you get caught and the person who catches you presses charges or kicks the crap out of you. Take my advice......don't steal anymore, it does hurt all of us. Like the other post read, we pay more because of theft, or they stop carring the product....

FETT
06-21-2002, 10:48 AM
holy shiet man......gimme a damn break....we're talking about toys here...i've realized the lack of morals behind what I did, but you guys are making it sound like a committed freaking murder!!..we're talking about TOYS.....and with regards to stores hiking up the prices...they don't...if actions such as mine lead to such a thing, i'm sorry......

geez...what do you guys think about the darn adolescents that do commit murder and all those haneous crimes??....the act that I committed is MINOR....unnoticed and NO one gets hurt so quit all the damn drama...the only reason I did what I did was b\c I knew I could get away with it and that no one would get hurt...I am a man with morals believe it or not and have never done anything to directly harm or hurt ANYONE...so RELAX.....ok OVER...DONE...and FINISHED!!!

Count Dooku
06-21-2002, 11:33 AM
OK no problem, now go find some new figs...

FETT
06-21-2002, 12:31 PM
ok...back to talking about action figures....oh, i have another question to those that have the jedi star fighter which by the way is an awesome vehicle and I suggest it to any1 that doesn't have and no I didn't steal it..lol..wouldn't fit in my bag.....

ok my question is which figure do you guys use to pilot the starfighter??..i've noticed that a lot o figures don't fit, no matter how much you scrunch their legs, but the clone trooper fits quite nicely......there lies another beef..why are the legs on some figures spread so far apart???..they all open for business???....-_-

mabudonicus
06-22-2002, 11:05 AM
Still no new guys around here, either. It's SO hot and sticky here, they'd be malted by the time I got em home anyways :) !!
Just quickly (this isn't a flame, Fett, don't worry) though, stealing from stores makes it so guys that look like me, who wouldn't steal NUTS from a freakin grocery store get FRISKED if I try to leave without buying something. Floorwalkers follow my every move. I do not have a criminal record from ANY point in my history.
They follow me and harass me because they know SOMEBODY is doing it, they think it's me. They're wrong. It makes me mad. I am not a criminal, but so long as I look the way I do, crimes will be blamed on me. So stealing is wrong, just in a sense of the harm it does to our social fabric (and some of the harm I've done to thieves- I didn't want to, but they gave me no choice)
I just had to chime in. This is the only "preaching" I've ever done here at SSG, but thieves must learn the error of their ways (and one mistake is to POST YOUR MO here- we don't want to give SirSteve a bad name, now, do we?)
Sorry for the lecture. I'm going to look for figs today. Listen to my STANSE song on my site!!WOOOOOOOOO!!!!

ChronicJedi
06-22-2002, 03:33 PM
Alright, I've been away for a bit...

As stated there's nothing new in Niagara. (Should be any day now ;) )

I have to throw in my two cents about the theft issue... I'd be a liar if I said I've never stolen anything but I'd be telling the truth if I said I've never bragged about it.

I don't beleive that stealing for personal collecting purposes is right at all though. Guess what @$$hole!? When you steal figs the rest of us get hurt. Apparently your mind can't grasp the fact that new figures won't just get shipped out when the old ones "disappear". Since most all inventory is tracked and ordered by computer, your little "onhand change" will go unnoticed since they weren't scanned out of the system at the register. So now you have just decreased their next shipment or possibly (get this) STOPPED IT ALTOGETHER!! Good job. Way to ruin it for the rest of us. Beleive me if I ever saw anyone stealing figs, I'd make damn sure they got caught.

Count Dooku
06-22-2002, 06:26 PM
If anybody needs Yoda, Dooku, Anakin Hanger Duel, Clonetroopers, or Taun We, they are available in plenty at Zellers Pen Centre. 6 Yodas, 6 Dookus, 4 Anakin HD's, lots of Clonetroopers, 1 Taun We, and of course pegwarmers. As of 3pm today they had these quantities.

greedo
06-24-2002, 10:58 AM
Hey Fett, I guess the worse part of this whole theft thing isn't that you did it and admitted it, it is the attitude you have about it and you keep trying to defend yourself. :mad:

Stop defending yourself, no one here is comparing it to murder, we know they are just toys, but your attitude about it sucks......stop trying to convince us to that it isn't a big deal, and stop defending your actions and these posts will go away.

I thought I said too much on my last post, but by reading the ones that followed I see I'm not alone on how I feel about all this...

My work here is done,......:)

mabudonicus
06-24-2002, 10:58 AM
Nice work Dooku!! It's GREAT to have such a mobile new member. My bike and ChronicJedi's "frequency" have made the Niagara region hard to cover well. Props to you man :)!!
I'm going to TRU again today to keep myself sane, maybe even checking out (URK!!) the local scalpers wares ( I've got some D+D figures he might trade for, say, a massif). I'll report back soon, I've got to stay sane somehows (if you've got a strong stomach read my RIP thread in GD)
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

FETT
06-24-2002, 11:03 AM
ok...point well taken.....i guess i just lost it for a sec..-_-.....back to what this forum is about..collecting...any1 from the toronto area??GTA more specifically...can't seem to find anything at all around here and there are quite simply too many walmarts, zellers and TRU'S to be searching all of them on a constant basis..so any help is appreciated....

greedo
06-24-2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by mabudon
(if you've got a strong stomach read my RIP thread in GD)
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

What is, or where is GD?????

Manowar has a new album....your the guy into them right?
First one in 6 years..

What kind of bike we talking in your post, motor or pedal?

hango fett
06-24-2002, 06:31 PM
i sense something........a presince i haven't felt since.....jingo fett! another banned member is coming....
peace
hango

ChronicJedi
06-24-2002, 07:51 PM
Every Wal-Mart in the region is empty EXCEPT for Niagara Falls, which had the following...

Mace Windu
Jango Fett
Luke
Vader
Han
Chewie
Obi-Wan

Massif
Qui-Gon
Orn Free Taa
Endor Rebel

That's 11 BRAND NEW FIGS!!!! You better be quick if you want these. There was at least 3 of each left with some having almost 10! WHAT A SCORE!!!!!!!!

Count Dooku
06-24-2002, 09:45 PM
Chronic, I know I just got back from there, picked up everything but Chewie, did you get him? No Chewies left when I was there.

Croaker
06-25-2002, 11:57 AM
I'm coming home soon and live in the Toronto region, but I'm bringing a friend and have to show her Niagara Falls at some point, so hopefully they'll have some new stuff.
The only ones I'm looking for at the moment are
Masiff
Palpatine
Djas Puhr
Chewie
(two of which I know haven't hit Canada yet, but things in England have been pretty good.)

mabudonicus
06-26-2002, 05:11 PM
To Greedo- I changed my sig line... NOW it should be clear... I am the utimate Manowarrior in these parts.
GD is general Discussion, or at least that's what I meant.
Last -pedal bike, darnit. I can hurt myself too well without an engine, so that's the way I keep it. Keeps me strong, too, I can kick through just about anything with the right shoes. Going to TRU tonight, will report tomorrow for sure (too humid to hit WM!!)

FETT
06-26-2002, 07:13 PM
sup ppz...

went to a couple of TRU'S and a zellers today and saw everything new but palpatine, chewie and jango...yup...tru had the most of them.....4-5 bespin lukes, 6 or so windus, 2 han solos and 2 jedi star fighters...picked up one of those..zellers had a bespin vader of all things and a windu.....the other TRU'S i went to had LARGE amouts of the dooku wave.....even saw like 6 yodas..yah SIX and this was after only looking at a couple of rows..so yah..it's all about timing about getting a certain figure.....hmm..to sir fan boy.....the zellers that had the vader was the one at cederbrae mall...so....if you want me to pick it up and mail it to you or meet up or something lemme know ASAP and we'll work something out...email is johnlee_1999@hotmail.com........thx and happy hunting!

BobaFett
06-26-2002, 07:52 PM
Ha, Fett you think 6 yoda's is alot. Try 40, Zellers bought too many of the same case.

FETT
06-26-2002, 10:01 PM
40???....holy smokes....man...this brings up another issue...whenever i call zellers they always tell me that they're not going to receive anymore figures....can't they at least forward me to the toy manager??like gimme a break..they should at least act like they care.......

opened up my obi wan pilot...the arms are too damn skinnny and two hands can't fit on the sabre like on the back of the card >_<......and the binoculars.......???...-_-...fits nice and snug into the star fighter and the radar is a nice addition..

greedo
06-27-2002, 09:56 AM
Did you pick up the new Manowar CD.??????

Is it good?

I have pretty well all the stuff thus far, except one or two.....

I have been buying the stuff since day one with Battle Hymns....I guess that tells my age......yikes.

Count Dooku
06-27-2002, 08:40 PM
TRU St. Catharines as of 8pm today had maybe 4-5 Vaders, 10 Lukes, 2 Jango FB, 4-5 Obi-Wan Pilots, 2 Solos, and then lots of Mace, Jar Jar, Nik... OK I don't need to mention the usual pegwarmers, you all know who they are.

Need Palpy and Djas, when are we getting them???

FETT
06-27-2002, 10:02 PM
djas was at silver snail for like a week..then ZOOM..there it went....went to another zellers today and they had at least 15 of FB jango, luke and vader....still no chewies tho.......

sir fan boy:

if you need the address to the zellers just email me....johnlee_1999@hotmail.com....it's the one on finch and warden...payce..

Count Dooku
07-09-2002, 05:19 PM
Zellers Pen Centre has...

2 x Nexu
2 x Anakin Deluxe
1 x Obi Deluxe
1 x Jango Deluxe

as of 12 noon today. I passed on all. I really like the Anakin but can't justify the 15 dollars after tax price tag.

FETT
07-09-2002, 05:21 PM
same here in toronto....all the new figures are GONE...in two weeks....just a couple royal guards and 1 windu...had a couple of nexu's as well....

mabudonicus
07-16-2002, 12:35 PM
Zellers Fairview and TRUbothhave nexu and deluxe Anakin as well. HAD to get nexu- he makes like 5 sounds, if you try.
Too hot to go to WM, what's up there?? Anyone?

FETT
07-16-2002, 04:07 PM
to mabundon:

what else did they have??..yah i'm thinking about getting the nexu beast as well....any sight of the darth maul sith training?????

Count Dooku
07-16-2002, 06:26 PM
what's up mabudon! I did an entire sweep of the area on Friday. Wal Marts are empty everywhere especially Niagara Falls and Welland Ave. Wal Mart in Welland had an Orn Free Taa, Qui Gon, and Rebel Soldier as well as 1 Dooku. Wal Mart Vansickle road had some Obi Wan Pilots but that's about it. Picked up deluxe Anakin @ Zellers. Every store seems to be pretty dry except for TRU with a massive amount of pegwarmers. I think the Palpy wave should be coming out soon.

Darth Maul Sith Training hasn't even hit many parts of the U.S. so it is unlikely we will see it anytime soon. Would be sweet to have that packed with the Palpy wave though.

Darkross
07-17-2002, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Count Dooku
what's up mabudon! I did an entire sweep of the area on Friday. Wal Marts are empty everywhere especially Niagara Falls and Welland Ave. Wal Mart in Welland had an Orn Free Taa, Qui Gon, and Rebel Soldier as well as 1 Dooku. Wal Mart Vansickle road had some Obi Wan Pilots but that's about it. Picked up deluxe Anakin @ Zellers. Every store seems to be pretty dry except for TRU with a massive amount of pegwarmers. I think the Palpy wave should be coming out soon.

Darth Maul Sith Training hasn't even hit many parts of the U.S. so it is unlikely we will see it anytime soon. Would be sweet to have that packed with the Palpy wave though.

Darth Maul Sith Training is out in Maine! I saw it last weekend when I was over there. They have a ton of Saga stuff at Wal-Mart. 15 Slave I's 15 starfighters, and about 200 figures....most of them still left over from April 23rd.

mabudonicus
07-17-2002, 11:46 AM
Fett- Bespin vader, Mace FB, a taun we, and that's about all. I'll go back there today or tomorrow, and keep ya posted. Thanks for the update, Dooku!! Obi pilot was at zellers too according to my GF, but it was gone the next day.
I'll be back with more info soon.....

FETT
07-17-2002, 12:16 PM
mabundon:

are you sure that fairview mall has a tru and a zellers??..i think you're talking about cedarbrae mall.>_<...yah, i don't think we should be expecting the darth maul sith traning any time soon , since the bespin wave came out liek 2 months after they came out in the states...

mabudonicus
07-17-2002, 02:25 PM
Sorry- No, the Fairview mall, here in Stcatharines, has a zellers, then about 1km west on the service road (near Perkins!!) is the TRU. That's what I meant. I don't leave town too much, so I'll usually be talking about a 5km radius from my house.

FETT
07-17-2002, 10:05 PM
ahhhhh....sorry about the confusion mabundon, i thought you were in toronto >_<...i might go check out silver snail tmr, a local comic book shop..will get back to you guys....question..would you guys be willing to a few more dollars to get that desired figure a little bit earlier??..or is patience a virtue?????...from my experience, these specialty shops don't even get figures and when they do, they disappear within the week and when they're gone they're GONE...so my advice is just to goto your local retail shops....have also noticed that almost all of the local comic book stores here aren't carrying star wars toys...odd indeed...

mabudonicus
07-18-2002, 09:31 AM
Yeah, our local shop hasn't gotten anything past the first 18, and for a while he was getting everything- he says Hasbro is making it hard for scalpers, but hasn't elaborated much on it. Figure, though, that people would be pressed out of the hobby cause they have to pay mass more than retail to get something that, by rights, should cost what it's supposed to. ChronicJedi- any insights here??
Bulletin- more pics (16) up on my site(bits page, check em out!!)
Oh, and if you see a guy with a STANSE button in the niagara region, it's me(there's a pic of me in a few places on the site, one in the stanse thread called fan.jpg I think) Feel free to say Hi, I look dangerous, but that couldn't be more untrue!!

FETT
07-18-2002, 08:06 PM
hey mabundon what's the url to your site??...did another search run today and came across nothing but a bespin luke and a 12" jango fett for $50 O_O.....anyone buy this figure??seems to have a lot of accessories, but how's the articulation??.....and someone at the zellers hid a nexu in the gundam section...you dirty rat!!!.

Count Dooku
07-18-2002, 11:50 PM
$50 dollars, actually 57.50 do be exact after tax for a figure is kind of atrocious in my opinion. That Jango would have to come with real backpack gas and real rockets to warrant that kind of jack.

Changing topic, seriously when are we gonna get Palpy? The wait is driving me crazy...

TK421
07-18-2002, 11:58 PM
have you guys thought of trading for the ones you need9don't have to wait as long and you can be sure you are getting them :) )
I just traded a carded canadain jar jar padme and amidala courascant for a endor raid han obi pilot and palpy..
great deal to me!!
just a thought :)

mabudonicus
07-28-2002, 02:14 PM
Sad news- looks like TRU is throwing in the SW towel bigtime. There's nothin but pegwarmers, and LOTS of em, dammit.
Speaking of which, anyone hear of pegwarmer.com?? I'm gonna go check it out right now, matter of fact. WOOOOOOOO!!!!

Count Dooku
07-30-2002, 09:23 PM
Picked up a Reek for $5 bucks. That was at Wal Mart but not too many left. Funny how they still did not sell at 10 dollars, but at 5 they are flying off the shelf. Anybody see anything new? Its been over a month (excluding Nexu and Anakin) since we've had anything. Do you think we will get Palpy along with Djas, Ki Adi, and Teemto? I seem to think we will. Well I hope we at least get Djas, he's been out in the US since May and is pegwarming down there now.

ChronicJedi
08-01-2002, 09:07 AM
They have been ordered. If someone can find out the UPC number on any of those (from a US package of course) I may be able to confirm if they have shipped yet, if they ship at all. Keep your fingers crossed.

FETT
08-01-2002, 04:58 PM
just picked up a delxue windu with red battle droid at zellers..also saw 3 more nexu's and the usual peg warmers....is this mace any rarer than the original one???..and question..is there any way to prevent the light sabres from falling apart??..i don't know why hasbro made the light sabres from 2 parts.....whenever i try to display my figures or play with them is ALWAYS breaks..so..anyway to prevent this other than glue???-_-..

billfremore
08-02-2002, 09:07 AM
Acklays have been spotted at Ottawa area Zellers.
They retail at $22.95.
They are only shipping 2 per case apparently.
Run and get your now.

Why are you still reading this?
Go get your Acklay! :D

mabudonicus
08-04-2002, 01:03 PM
We have plenty of Outland Pegwarmers here, if anyone wants to take a road trip.... TRU looks more like a cemetary than a toystore these days..... Might have to grab one a them acklays when I come up that way, Freemore, I'll let you know if I'll be able. Oh, and PM me if ya get the chance, there's stuff I must ascertain..

Count Dooku
08-05-2002, 06:49 PM
Mace Deluxe with Battle Droid normal and red version.
Nexus.
Deluxe Anakins.

All at Zellers.

The Mace w/ red droid is pretty scarce at the moment. I don't think they shipped many of those.

ChronicJedi
08-06-2002, 08:14 PM
Uh, which Zeller's dude? There's only one in NF. Or are you talking SC? I need a Mace and an Anakin.

Count Dooku
08-06-2002, 09:12 PM
Chronic, if you need an Anakin or Mace the St. Catharines Zellers (Pen Centre) had 1 of each as of today. A couple Nexus as well as plenty of Obi Wans (deluxe). Good luck.

haggis
08-07-2002, 10:51 PM
Saddle up, kids! Start checking your local TRU for the exclusive Landspeeder with Luke figure. It has been found on the west coast and in Quebec and, as of today, in the Hamilton area. Get this little gem while it lasts! $29.99 + tax. Happy hunting!

Count Dooku
08-08-2002, 10:20 AM
Found a ton of Acklays at the Pen Centre Zellers (about 8 of them). Also 1 Mace Deluxe and 1 Anakin Deluxe left. About 4 Nexus as well. And some Episode 1 stuff too Qui Gon, Obi Wan, Padme, Cinema Scenes, Trade Federation Fighters.

ChronicJedi
08-11-2002, 05:21 AM
Yep, picked up the Landspeeder at TRU in St. Catharines and one of the last 2 Acklays at Zeller's Pen Centre. Still need Deluxe Mace and Anakin.

Count Dooku
08-13-2002, 06:55 PM
Just checked out Wal-Mart Vansickle Rd St. Cath., nothing worth mentioning. Also checked out TRU in St. Cath., they had 12" Mace Windu exclusive. Nice but 34.99 plus tax simply too expensive. Also had 1 landspeeder left. As well as the usual pegwarmers I'm sure are clogging every square metre of Canada (Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid, Nikto, Jar Jar, Padme, Fisto, Padme, Dexter, Typho, Geonosian Warrior, 3PO) These can be seen in any store you go to and in mass numbers. I think they will have to lower the price to clear these guys.

Count Dooku
08-27-2002, 08:54 PM
Empty pegs at every Wal-Mart. Pegwarmers at TRU and Zellers, pretty stagnant these days...

haggis
08-28-2002, 12:31 AM
More Landspeeders at TRU Hamilton. Accessory sets have come to (and probably sold out by now) Zellers. I managed to get one of each. Deluxe figures(Mace, Anakin) at some Zellers stores. Jedi Starfighter and speeders on sale at Walmart($20 and $10 respectively) No new 33/4 figs. yet though...

Count Dooku
09-04-2002, 10:15 PM
Wal Mart is blowing out all vehicles out the door.

Slave 1: $15
Speeders: $5
Deluxe Figs:$4
25th Ann. 2-Packs:$10
Starfighter:$10

Wow!!!

Count Dooku
09-27-2002, 11:04 AM
If anybody in the Niagara Region needs Target Accessory Sets, Nexu, Mace Deluxe Red battle droid, or any other previous waves, Zellers Pen Centre just got a whole load in yesterday. By old waves I mean Jango FB, Massif, Mace, Vader. No Yodas or Dookus, but all the newer waves in stock. Anybody see Palpy or Puhr, someone in here a.k.a. "brandon" said he picked these up yesterday!!! This could be good...

haggis
09-28-2002, 07:39 PM
I would check with him and see if he found them at a normal store or perhaps ordered them from Legends Action Figures out of Montreal. Apparently they've been getting new figures on trilogo cards from Hasbro Canada that the big stores haven't been ordering. I've yet to hear of anyone finding these at a Walmart, TRU, or Zellers. Got mine on US cards from a local collectables store.

Count Dooku
09-28-2002, 10:48 PM
He said he found them at Zellers...

Count Dooku
10-16-2002, 08:48 PM
Found Lott Dodd and Watto @ Pen Centre Zellers, only 1 Watto left, these figures weren't there last night so they must be flying off the shelves. Lott is an awesome figure, definately a must have, really cool looking. Passed on the Watto, doesn't interest me and comes with lame accessories.

TK421
10-16-2002, 10:12 PM
did you see any tuskins??

Count Dooku
10-16-2002, 10:50 PM
No Tuskan's, No Teemto, No Ki Adi, no more Lotts, 1 creased up Watto thats it. Its weird because I was in the same store last night and they had no new figs. I go today at noon and I get the last Lott Dodd and leave 1 Watto there. Either sold extremely fast (almost too fast), an employee bought them, or they were packed single with Taun We and some others. The reason why I say this is because I noticed an excess of Taun We and I knew they were new because they now have inserts in them, as does the Lott Dod. You see anything new in your area? If not check your Zellers cause they should come soon.

The Overlord Returns
10-17-2002, 11:18 AM
Saw tuskens and geos w/ massiffs at a zellers in Brampton, along with Lott Dodd, Watto, no beard ewok trooper, Ki Adi and a slew of Vaders, Lukes, Jango fett (KE and FB) ......there are also pegs that are clearly for the accessory w/ figure sets...

Count Dooku
10-17-2002, 06:52 PM
Found Lott Dod, Ki Adi Mundi, Watto, Teemto, and Tuskan at Zellers Lake Street St. Catharines, and a slew of the above in the previous post as well. Pretty cool figures. No endor without beard but who really cares anyways, I don't...

TK421
10-17-2002, 07:56 PM
still nothing out here :(
all I saw today was alot of the old waves and the chewie wave...

Count Dooku
10-18-2002, 06:55 PM
Did a little hunting today. Lots of new figures at Mohawk Rd. Zellers in Hamilton, and at the Burlington Mall Zellers. Probably 3-4 of each new figure maybe more. At $5.97 each you can't go wrong. The best thing about the price chop is that is happened right when the new one came out. How convenient!

ChronicJedi
10-19-2002, 11:22 AM
Yeah, I totally raped a case at Zeller's today. It contained;

2 X Tusken w/massif
2 X Watto
2 X Lott Dod
1 X Teemto
1 X Ki Adi Mundi
1 X Beardless Endor Soldier
1 X Massif w/geonosian
1 X Taun We
1 X Royal Guard

I bought the 6 I needed and left the scraps for the slower, less fortunate collectors. Oh and Zeller's (as mentioned earlier in this post) has figs on sale for $5.97 right now and if you buy any toys today or tomorrow you get an extra 10% off! 6 figs for $37!!! I haven't had a stroke of luck like this in awhile.

haggis
10-19-2002, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the tip, Count Dooku. I was able to pick up a couple of figures at the Mohawk Rd. Zellers in Hamilton. Still had a Ki Adi and a Watto from the new ones when I left. The others were picked clean. Hopefully, there's more where those came from.

Count Dooku
10-19-2002, 07:14 PM
Hey no problem, now if we can just find Palpy and Djas, this Sith will be happy.

ChronicJedi
10-21-2002, 08:38 AM
Wal-Mart in Niagara Falls has the following;

Collection 1

Count Dooku
Yoda
Anakin (HD)
Obi-Wan (Pilot)
R2-D2
Han Solo (ER)
Chewbacca (CCC)

Collection 2

Dexter Jettster
Geonosian Warrior
Endor Soldier (w/goatee)
Orn Free Taa
Qui-Gon Jinn
Massif

They also have all 3 cantina bar scenes (wave 1) in mass quantities. Nothing new but if you want to pick any of the basics up you can bring in the current Zeller's flyer and get them to match the $5.97 price.

Count Dooku
11-07-2002, 08:19 AM
Niagara Region:

If anybody needs Count Dooku still, Wal Mart Vansickle road has 4 sitting on the pegs. Also Sears in the Pen Centre has some deluxe C3PO's left. Zellers Pen Centre still has some Bespin Vaders in stock and the sale apparently is still on ($5.97). Anybody seen Palpy or Djas?