PDA

View Full Version : Stormtrooper 4packs? (merged)

fourtwo
06-03-2002, 08:44 PM
apperntly these are showing up now, anyone got theres yet?

QLD
06-03-2002, 08:48 PM
I pre-ordered one, but I haven't gotten it yet. I am looking forward to them though.

Lman316
06-03-2002, 09:44 PM
I didn't order mine yet. But I wrote and asked them if they'll have more available after the 7th, and they said they would. So, once I get some money, I'm going for a super pack!

End :happy:.

Sir FanBoy
06-03-2002, 10:34 PM
Is this storm pack exclusive online or to any particular store?

Lman316
06-03-2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Sir FanBoy
Is this storm pack exclusive online or to any particular store?

It's exclusive to that online Fan Club I talked about earlier. You get 4 CommTech Stormtroopers (without the blast mark) for $19.99, or you can get a super pack (basically buy 4 sets and get another set free) for 79.99.

Sir FanBoy
06-03-2002, 10:50 PM
hmm, maybe i should join this fan club....

*thinking

any fee to join? or is it i make a purchase and im apart of the club?

Lman316
06-03-2002, 10:59 PM
hmm, maybe i should join this fan club....

*thinking

any fee to join? or is it i make a purchase and im apart of the club?

Well, you can actually sign up for the Fan Club - which I've heard is crap. Or you can just buy right from the site. The only thing with joining the Fan Club is that you might get a few dollars off certain items, but for a Canadian Fan Club Membership (that's where you're from right? That's what I keep thinking), you have to spend $40 (or something like that) just to sign up. So, you can just buy from the site, which is what I do. So, you don't have to become a member is basically what I'm saying. Just fill stuff up in your 'Shopping Cart' and put in your credit card info and hit 'Submit'. :D.

Sir FanBoy
06-03-2002, 11:12 PM
Lman316

Yea im from Canada and thx for your help today you have been really helpful. :)

to time cram for my comp sci test (OAC) gr13 for all those ppl who dont know what it mean.

nite.

Lman316
06-03-2002, 11:15 PM
Lman316

Yea im from Canada and thx for your help today you have been really helpful. :)

to time cram for my comp sci test (OAC) gr13 for all those ppl who dont know what it mean.

nite.

Hey, no problem. I'm glad I can be of some help.

And good luck with your test!

BillyJAck
06-03-2002, 11:54 PM
Whats the web address 4 this fan club

CooLJoE
06-04-2002, 03:48 AM
http://swfan.wizards.com

fourtwo
06-04-2002, 11:03 AM
i'm off to pick my 4 pack up. can't wait :)

Jonna
06-04-2002, 01:45 PM
Please post how good they are when someone gets them. I am on the fence about purchasing them with all of the $$$ that I have spent on SW toys lately.

Croaker
06-05-2002, 05:52 AM
Watch out for that shipping charge to Canada however.
It's really expensive.

Good luck with the tests.
(ahh the days of OAC)

SplFrcsCWO
06-05-2002, 09:38 AM
Well, I got my sets today. Anyone else think the poses are rather limited? The legs are articulated well but the hands are terrible! Why wouldn't Hasbro allow 2-handed grips?? Especially for the trooper with the longer rifle.

SNAYSON
06-05-2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by SplFrcsCWO
Well, I got my sets today. Anyone else think the poses are rather limited? The legs are articulated well but the hands are terrible! Why wouldn't Hasbro allow 2-handed grips?? Especially for the trooper with the longer rifle.

WHERE DID YOU ODER YOURS? where do i get them? what website?

chris
06-05-2002, 10:22 AM
I think they're only available through the fan club Snayson.

Rogue II
06-05-2002, 10:30 AM
I just got an e-mail that said my Stormtroopers were shipped on the 31st and it will take 3-5 business days. Of course, in the e-mail, the tracking number was blank. But they should be here between now and Friday.....I hope.

Jonna
06-05-2002, 10:30 AM
Are all the troopers the same sculpt?

SplFrcsCWO
06-05-2002, 10:33 AM
They're from the fan club. They appear to be the same sculpt. 3 have the smaller pistols and 1 has the rifle.

LTBasker
06-05-2002, 10:59 AM
They're the same CTC sculpt only modified to not have the blaster damage.

3 regular Stormtry rifles and only one long rifle? Weird, it was supposed to be 50/50.

Jedikmg
06-05-2002, 11:09 AM
I just got my email from the fan club saying they shipped so i should get the mby the end of the week.

icatch9
06-05-2002, 11:55 AM
Same hear with the confirmation email.

I don't know what you expet from Hasbo. The CT Stormtrooper is one of the most well done figures. It's in the top 10 of all time Star Wars toys. People complained to Hasbro for years about makeing lots of these so people can have a grad Imperial army. Now that dream has come true and we can get them for a decent price your still not happy. What do you want? There is only so much you can do with 3 3/4", and only so much Hasbro can do and still turn a profit. I just think that some collectors will never be happy.

QLD
06-05-2002, 01:00 PM
I am very happy, that is why I ordered 5 sets.

QLD
06-05-2002, 01:05 PM
Yeah, I got my email too. I am looking forward to them. I know they will be great, since they are the same as the commtech stormies.

eliwankenobi
06-05-2002, 01:08 PM
Got my e-mail too - probably show up by the end of the week.

For those complaining about thier lack of a two-handed grip, try customizing them. I just cut the hands off and put little screws in and it works great.

fourtwo
06-05-2002, 01:35 PM
THEY ARE THE BEST TOY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

fourtwo
06-05-2002, 01:36 PM
mine has 50/50 guns, thats weird you got 3 of the balster and 1 heavy rifle. i love this, i really needed those stormy's
:)

SplFrcsCWO
06-05-2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by icatch9
Same hear with the confirmation email.

I don't know what you expet from Hasbo. The CT Stormtrooper is one of the most well done figures. It's in the top 10 of all time Star Wars toys. People complained to Hasbro for years about makeing lots of these so people can have a grad Imperial army. Now that dream has come true and we can get them for a decent price your still not happy. What do you want? There is only so much you can do with 3 3/4", and only so much Hasbro can do and still turn a profit. I just think that some collectors will never be happy.

First off- I haven't been complaining about not enough troopers. So don't you dare lump me in with that crowd. Second- how hard is it to give the figure a 2-handed grip? The off-hand looks really dumb with nothing for it to hold.

SplFrcsCWO
06-05-2002, 10:15 PM
I started a thread about these. I received mine today and they are boxed up to return tomorrow. All 5 boxes are short a blaster rifle. Also, the hand/arm arrangement sucks. You can't get a 2-handed grip on the weapons.

QLD
06-05-2002, 11:19 PM
Gosh, people get so freakin hostile over toys.

Jayspawn
06-06-2002, 02:14 AM
I just ordered my Stormtrooper sets tonight. Hopefully they'll arrive soon. I've been waiting for these to be available for a while now. I'm cool with the price too.

JediTricks
06-06-2002, 04:00 AM
This is what I complained about 3 years ago when this figure came out, the wrists need articulation DESPARATELY, they are holding this figure back and they're not even a hard point of articulation to make.

I think this figure is way better than the original POTF2 stormtrooper, but it isn't all that it could be. I mean, hell, even the red clone trooper has articulated wrists and its other articulation - while there's quite a lot of it - isn't really very useful, certainly nowhere near the level of articulation on the CTC stormie.

SplFrcsCWO
06-06-2002, 04:18 AM
I didn't know these are leftovers. I just checked and they are dated 1999.

Speaking of dates. Anyone notice the Dack and Luke figures from the Wal-Mart snowspeeder are dated 1995? Very odd.

fourtwo
06-06-2002, 04:51 AM
i won't complain about wrist articulation. i got 4 stormtroopers for 27 dollars canadian. thats one heck of a deal.

LTBasker
06-06-2002, 07:10 AM
I didn't know these are leftovers. I just checked and they are dated 1999.

Speaking of dates. Anyone notice the Dack and Luke figures from the Wal-Mart snowspeeder are dated 1995? Very odd.

They're not really left-overs, they just used the same molds and when they do that they alot of times don't change the date on them.

The Luke and Dak figures are made out of POTF2 pilot body molds so that's why they say those dates. (Would really have been that hard to create a new mold and then just use it for Luke and Dak?...)

Originally posted by JediTricks
I think this figure is way better than the original POTF2 stormtrooper, but it isn't all that it could be. I mean, hell, even the red clone trooper has articulated wrists and its other articulation - while there's quite a lot of it - isn't really very useful, certainly nowhere near the level of articulation on the CTC stormie.

If they combined articulation from the Red Clone with articulation from the CTC Stormtrooper, just think of the possibilites. 'Course then they'd probably kill some of it with a gimmick or pre-posing.

aceguide
06-06-2002, 09:58 AM
Received mine today and I have to say they are great regardless.

Hasbro/Fan Club should keep pumping our troop builder sets for EVERY army - expecially clones (PLAIN WHITE PLEASE!) and battle driods (where are the red variations!).

JediTricks
06-06-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
If they combined articulation from the Red Clone with articulation from the CTC Stormtrooper, just think of the possibilites. 'Course then they'd probably kill some of it with a gimmick or pre-posing. Hmm, well I hate the articulation on the Red Clone at the hips and shoulders and elbows and head, so I'd hope Hasbro wouldn't include THOSE points of articulation. :D However, articulated wrists and that rotating knee would make a dandy addition to the CTC stormie body.

Amanamike
06-07-2002, 12:27 AM
I just got my 25-4 packs yesterday on Wednesday. I was surprised how small the box was to hold 100 figures. One thing I did notice that kinda made me mad, is that some of these figures seem like rejects that they repacked to get out the door. Some of the legs are bent and the paint jobs on some are not too good. But when your looking at 100 all at once, who cares. Now I just need my Shuttle, and some new dignitaries and my diorama will be complete. Ive already got 10 royal guards that Im gonna use and 20 Imperial Officers. Im now buying up loose Pietts for the guys who are there in similar uniforms. Ive got the picture saved so I can do an exact replica witha few add ons like royal guards placed down the isles. I was buying stormtroopers over the last year carded and loose. So my total for ct stormtroopers is 124 and older ones I have 10. So Im doing good there. This is gonna rule stay tuned for when i get the pics up.

Rogue II
06-10-2002, 01:05 PM
Has anyone else not got their's yet? I'm starting to worry. I've ordered things from the fanclub site before, and haven't had a problem, but then again, this is the first time they've sent me anything thru FED EX.

fourtwo
06-10-2002, 01:28 PM
i find it odd that i was the first (i think) to get my set and i live in canada. anyone else find that really odd?

stillakid
06-10-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
Has anyone else not got their's yet? I'm starting to worry. I've ordered things from the fanclub site before, and haven't had a problem, but then again, this is the first time they've sent me anything thru FED EX.

I got mine (in S. Cal) last week.:)

Laserbrain
06-10-2002, 01:55 PM
I've been drooling over this set for a while but I wasn't able to preorder. I hope their supply holds out for another eight days until my credit card rolls over to the next statement...

The problem with the lack of a cut wrist joint is an easy fix. You make your own....

Take a hobby blade and chop off the left hand where the hand meets the forearm armor. Take a push pin and pierce a hole in the center of each end. Cut up a small piece of a paper clip and insert it into the hole on the forearm where half of it sticks out. Then push the hand on the mount and you have articulation.

ffurg.com has better instructions but that's the general idea. Try it on a spare figure before you go to a more valued fig...

Lock&Load:
http://www.ffurg.com/limbs/knee_articulation.htm

Or you can just cut the hand off and glue it in a position where it can hold the foregrip of the rifle...that works too...

Laserbrain
06-10-2002, 01:58 PM
Oop! that article is here...

http://www.ffurg.com/limbs/articulating_wrists.htm

But now at least you know how to articulate a knee...

QLD
06-10-2002, 02:03 PM
I am in Georgia and haven't gotten mine yet.

CooLJoE
06-10-2002, 02:21 PM
I got mine last week and they rock. Wrist rotation and ball jointed hips would rock, same with elbows that could straighten out and such. But still I love these guys. I only got 2 4-packs and I'm thinking about getting some more. Definetely cool.

QLD
06-10-2002, 02:41 PM
I got 5, and I am eagerly awaiting them.

Rogue II
06-11-2002, 09:30 AM
I just got another e-mail saying that my order was shipped, but this time it was sent on 7 June. This one says it was sent Fed-ex overnight. The first e-mail I got 31 May said it was shipped FED-EX Express saver.

Oh where, oh where could my stromtroopers be?

JEDIpartner
06-11-2002, 09:57 AM
I got mine last week, but was in San Diego when they arrived, so I really got them yesterday when I got to work! I love the CT moluld and am very happy they decided to release this. I only got one pack since I just have displays and am not a diorama builder.

The funny thing is I received another order from WOTC last week and I got an e-mail yesterday telling me that they just shipped the order! Whoa! Hahahaha... :p That box contained my $ .99 Carbon Freezing Chamer and a few other things. Those on-line certificates sure to come in handy!

Rogue II
06-11-2002, 10:03 AM
How do you get those on-line certificates?

JEDIpartner
06-11-2002, 10:23 AM
People either buy them as gifts for you or you get one when you join the SW:Fan Club. I can't ever seem to find INSIDER around here without traveling miles out of my way, so I thought I might as well join. I'm waiting for my club packet to arrive, but all of my other stuff has been delivered. I love it! :)

QLD
06-12-2002, 03:09 PM
Got my stormies this afternoon finally. Well worth the wait. I LOVE these guys. Mine all came 2 with the pistol, 2 with the rifle. Great figures. Now all I need is 20 more. :D

Rogue II
06-12-2002, 06:40 PM
Just got mine too. The mailing box was smashed a little, but no damage to the figures.

QLD
06-13-2002, 12:06 AM
My box was fine. It came by Fed Ex. I just ordered more stands from the Fan Club too. They have a great deal on them, and they are even cheaper than buying them from Real's website. They have twelve for 3.99. From Real's website they are 5 for 2.99. I am happy, I am out of stands! :o

Forhekset
06-13-2002, 04:30 PM
I just got my Stormy troop builders today, and I love these guys. I wish I had the cash for about 20 more boxes of 'em....

I must say too that the fan club packed my stuff immaculately. Not only that, but shipping was pretty darn cheap as well - I paid $4 for FedEx 2-day delivery. A pretty good deal overall.

Laserbrain
06-15-2002, 08:11 PM
$26.02USD for one pack shipped 3-day? That tax sure is a pain....

Grey Davis is evil! EEEEVIL!!!

Aw well, I'm off to find some loose figs at Brian's...

yngadult
06-17-2002, 06:32 PM
The guns are the POTF2 versions. I thought they would be the POTJ version you see with the Sandtrooper and Imperial Ofcr. Now I have troopers with different guns which upsets my need for uniformity.

Jonna
07-01-2002, 01:47 PM
Well, I finally got mine and the paint jobs on two of them are absolutly horrid. Especially on the helmets.

Forhekset
07-01-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Jonna
Well, I finally got mine and the paint jobs on two of them are absolutly horrid. Especially on the helmets.

One of mine has a sloppy paint job on the helmet too; one of his black eyeholes is smaller than the other. :(

But the other 3 are ok.